Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 28, 2012 4:48 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode. I just noticed Arata's cellphone was pink. Cute.
Feb 28, 2012 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
Chihaya is going to be swept off her feet by Arata. Only 1st place gets the prize, sorry Taichi.
Feb 28, 2012 6:02 PM

Jan 2008
I think they should have left the ending animation out this time around and just kept the music playing while Arata shows more of his reaction to his senior member that he looked up to when he was younger. I think that moment needed to be flushed out a bit more since it felt really rushed as soon as the text came in cutting Arata off in his moment of dismay...although that may have been intentional on the director's part.
Feb 28, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2011
That was beautiful. I'm glad Chihaya finally won a match. Loving Taichi and Arata's bromance. We definitely need a second season :'(
Feb 28, 2012 9:08 PM

Jun 2009
That was a cute kid lol
I laughed when Harada-sensei was telling Chihaya to use her speed XD He's so cool. And I can't believe Chihaya made that bet =.=

I'm praying for a second season...I can wait
Feb 29, 2012 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
Des said:
SixFlags said:
Oh boy oh boy, I really wonder how they'll wrap the story up in the next few episodes.

If you expect them to have a final without any lose ends, you`ll end up frustrated.
I`m pretty sure there will be another season.

I certainly hope so, I guess in these last 4 episodes only the eastern qualifiers and probably a wrap up episode are going to be covered.

I just don't like the fact that a second season hasn't been anounced yet. So the second season most likely won't start in spring D:
Feb 29, 2012 3:36 AM

May 2010
Great episode..The ending song was different seems like part of its full song.
Feb 29, 2012 7:30 AM

Jan 2010
SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT WHERE!?!?

I think I'll DIE if this show doesn't get a second season! I have a sinking feeling that it's going to wrap the anime up at the end of the Eastern Qualifier T_T I WANT MOAR!

Now to the episode~ That 6th grader was really cute and likeable! It really was like a present Chihaya VS old Chihaya match! She saw the similarities between Ririka's playstyle and her old play-style! Chihaya really is maturing! As Docter/Sensei said she needs to learn ALL she can to stand a chance agaisnt the hard players, especially the queen, the master and Arata! She now knows to strategize during the match and is working on her timing. She still has a way to go though! I think she has to work on her memorization of the cards/poems a little though so that she can be able to be her swift self and swing at the right time BUT hit the right cards! No more dead/wrong cards Chihaya! It's been pointing out that that is her fault and I'm OH SO HAPPY she's working on improving it!

The Arata-Taichi bromance was A-DOR-A-BLE >_< I'm glad Arata is giving it his all in the Westen qualifier!! I feel SO BAD for Taichi! He won't get his chance to have his battle with Arata for awhile T_T PLUS I swear he's this shows punching bag! ALL THE BAD CRAP HAPPENS TO HIM! I swear the mangaka must of had a sadistic urge to always hurt him :'( POOR TAICHI! xD

In the love triangle... I still don't care who she ends up with! If it's ANY of them I think it'll be Arata but I LOVE both of them!! They both suit her for completely different reasons and theres chemistry EVERYWHERE!

CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK! The wait is a killer every week >_<
Feb 29, 2012 8:55 AM

May 2010
Sudo is just hilarious as ever!!! XD

Great episode as usual.
Feb 29, 2012 9:47 AM

Feb 2010
Chihaya was so awesome in this episode.I love the way she was eating chocolate xDDD Her expressions were were funny and cute.
Sudou is cute sadist xDD That's why I like him :3 That bet with Chihaya was hilarious.
I NEED SEASON 2!!!!!
Feb 29, 2012 9:52 AM
Oct 2008
I like Sado as well! (In real life I probably would be frightened by him).

Chihaya made quite an unfair bet T.T
Feb 29, 2012 10:26 AM
Jan 2011
oh wow, Chihaya is pitted against a kid.
Feb 29, 2012 12:08 PM

Jan 2012
I love this anime! I loved this episode!
Taichi has such a good memory *o*
Haha Arata's phone was pink xD
Feb 29, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2008
This series is made with love, an incredibly entertaining episode again.

I have no idea if there's enough original content for a second season, the first season hasn't ended and I want more already, want more so badly!
Feb 29, 2012 4:46 PM
Aug 2009
Well I'm just glad that it isn's Gonzo that made the anime, I mean their second seasons either come out a century later or never at all (T.T still waiting for Saki). As for the episode itself, Ririka is interesting and the show has introduced quite a number of powerhouses over the span of a few episodes, it will be highly entertaining to see more pop-up and if there is a second season please for the love of Karuta make Ririka a recurring character :D. That is all!
Feb 29, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2007
despell said:
I don't have any interest in karuta....bleeh!
we need more drama, romance

Usually I agree with this. And I still kind of do. I loved seeing those earlier moments where Taichi struggled with his feelings for Chihaya. But, it is a sport anime first. And karuta is the main appeal of, with very small parts of romance/drama sprinkled in. Why not watch an anime that's supposed to be drama/romance for that, then? xD
Feb 29, 2012 7:01 PM

Jul 2011
F-four more episodes!?!?

Another season please! And that felt so short!!

Will Chihaya get her winning streak??
Mar 1, 2012 2:05 AM

Oct 2011
I wonder how they're going to end it.
Manga is still coming out so let us hope for the next season ; D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2012 4:00 AM

Apr 2011
ANYONE ELSE HEAR THE DIFFERENT VERSE IN THE ED? FRIGGIN AWESOME.

That's right, I actually watch anime ED's. Great ep.
Mar 1, 2012 6:32 AM

Jan 2008
gahh this show is perfect.

Mar 1, 2012 1:18 PM

Dec 2006
aw what a nice episode *w* wait...What if Chihaya loses her bet? o-o!! lol
I love Arata<3~ and his pink cell phone lol
I don't want this anime to end T^T!!
Mar 1, 2012 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
this anime is marvelously sweet
Mar 1, 2012 7:42 PM

Nov 2007
Please tell me there will be a second season! Onegai!

I am so in love with this anime I am already starting to feel that I will miss it a lot! T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2012 7:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nice change in ED.

Epic once again.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 1, 2012 9:56 PM
Sep 2011
Shubidubi said:
I almost cried when they showed the scene with the little girl being bullied because of her big ears. I too was bullied because of those features :'[

Also, Arata's friend Murao, sounded like he was singing to him with a T-Pain voice during the flashback.

I know what you mean, Shubidubi! I cried at that part too! I also cried when her mom said, "If karuta is what you need to make you like yourself, then do it."

So emotional >.<
Mar 1, 2012 10:34 PM

Jul 2011
Shubidubi said:
I almost cried when they showed the scene with the little girl being bullied because of her big ears. I too was bullied because of those features :'[

Also, Arata's friend Murao, sounded like he was singing to him with a T-Pain voice during the flashback.

ur ears r so big......u probably heard the sun come up
"People say anime is for losers. The truth is that real men watch shows about school girls and their lives." - flyingmonkeys99
Mar 1, 2012 10:44 PM

Mar 2010
Loved the little loli prodigy~
She was cuutee~~~

And wait a second.

Arata's phone is Pink? I just noticed that??xD
Greaaat~
If this keeps going the way it does, Taichi's gonna end up with Arata instead of Chihaiya~~x'DD

Mar 1, 2012 11:52 PM

Nov 2009
Hahaha, Sudo quietly appear outside the room.
Nobody fuss about the bald head dare anymore.
Want to see Sudo eat back his words... muahahaha

More parts of the ending song revealed. yay!
Mar 3, 2012 5:26 AM

Aug 2007
Ahahaha, I lol'ed at Chihaya's brains and how full it is with karuta and Daddy Bear and so on. I felt really sorry for Ririka when she opened the door and they were talking about her, but then there was Chihaya. Well done, Chihaya!
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 3, 2012 4:08 PM

Jul 2011
Des said:
SixFlags said:
I`m pretty sure there will be another season.

This
Mar 4, 2012 3:14 PM

Jul 2009
Why is this show so epic D:
Oh my god Taichi memorizing all the poems O_O He's kinda like Chihaya in that he only relies on that to get him through ... nice of Nishida to tell him to try to change haha XD
Ririka was pretty cute o_O Chihaya got to be like Sakura and win not only using her speed ... plus it was nice of her at the end when she heard everyone talking about her :P
Oh, Arata at the end and that guy who played for the Meijin title ... well, we finally know his name now :P Oh and Taichi and thinking of what to text him ... ahahaha XD Gosh, you're so precious ;)
More ED revealed, although the transition was kind of odd IMO. Please, please let there be a second season D:
Mar 4, 2012 8:28 PM

Oct 2011
I marathoned this anime this weekend, all the way from episode 6 to present lol. Have to say this thing is the bomb! I'm loving every moment of it. It looks like Taichi and Arata have a score to settle in the finals (probably to win Chihaya over XD). I'm rooting for Taichi though, just because he's had the most character development out of everyone in this show.

Mar 5, 2012 11:28 AM

Jun 2009
Love Sudo-san >< !

When Nishida saw that he was matched w/him Sudo walks past like "burn". Wasn't all that funny but I lololol'd

Shubidubi said:

XD I had to listen to it again. Murao was auto tuned.
Mar 6, 2012 8:15 AM

Aug 2010
I can't wait to see Taichi vs Arata
Mar 6, 2012 6:56 PM

Jun 2011
NO WAY CAN CHIHAYA BE BALD!
bitch is nothing with out her hair.

great episode produced great episode screen caps:
Mar 6, 2012 7:34 PM

Feb 2010
chocolate(?)

Ririka was CUTE! :)

Based on how this story is going, I REALLY hope there's a second season - otherwise, I'm really thinking it'll feel rushed.
Mar 12, 2012 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
He remembers all 100 poems!!!!! My reaction was pretty much the same as theirs (sans oblivious Chihaya! :P)!!!

Ririka was too cute and love the Taichi/Arata 'rivalry'!! :)
Apr 7, 2012 1:15 AM

Sep 2011
Whew, for a second there I thought Chihaya was going to lose to an old lady AND a little girl. Now that would have been embarrassing.
May 4, 2012 10:33 PM

Mar 2009
A bald Chihaya would be funny.
Jun 17, 2012 1:56 AM

Feb 2009
Im loving the little bits of comedy! Such a feel good episode
Aug 10, 2012 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
Is pretty epic, I have to say.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 9, 2012 4:28 PM
Jan 2012
Small but strong opponent. At least she took her loss well!
Sep 24, 2012 10:35 PM

Oct 2011
Sudden Realization: Arata has a pink phone! :D
Sep 25, 2012 6:41 AM

Dec 2011
^--- My thoughts exactly.
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Mar 9, 2013 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
great episode :D

i actually thought Taichi was spewing nonsense since the subs were being weird out of nowhere.

pretty surprising he memorized those hundred poems O__O

this is probably my favorite hairstyle of Chihaya!!!

Kana Chan is lovely as always!

damn that sudo guy corrupting Chihaya's mind!!

also you lost in the first round buddy, so go bald now!!!!!!!

Chihiaya liking Ririka!!

it's also funny since Ririka is like Chihaya back then, relying on speed. she can definitely relate to her and her frustration.

and lol Chihaya scream "CHOCOLATE!!" out of nowhere.

i really hate stupid people putting some high expectations on a 6th grader.

Arata get's ready for the next step, Taichi also fired up and is not willing
to give up!

May 13, 2013 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
^You put in so much effort into each of your comments^

Great episode as always.
May 24, 2013 10:28 PM

Jun 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
Must know Ririka's VA.
Ririka and her mom are so adorable; I'm glad Chihaya is improving both as a person and a player.

Daddy Bear

I think I heard Chopper from One Piece in her.

Damn can I cry now???? This episode is so beautifully done, this anime is so awesome! Chihayafuru for life!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 2013 4:43 AM

Nov 2008
I don't know why, but I just seem to love how she stuffs her face with chocolate. It's golden.
Jul 2, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2012
If she loses she has to shave her head xD The match with the little girl was quite interesting and rather cute :p

The ending was interesting as well.
Jan 12, 2014 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Nice episode, I'm not weigh succession of meetings, even heats. What a cute Ririka, excellent plot and narrative that exposes flawlessly.
Do not miss anything! : D
Great dialogues of Master Harada and the unpredictability of the facts narrated.
Everything always turns around at all and never for a single character. Satisfied! * _ *
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.