Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2012 10:08 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FukuJun and Nakamura-san characters' conversation.

Preparing to fight, and before that, the lady serving the little queen talking with two guys.

Fam and Gise are reluctant to fight, even during the fight.

Showing of when those two guys met when they were young.

The little queen asking the lady why they are fighting. After seeing what she did, the little queen is not seeing her...
tsubasaloverFeb 17, 2012 10:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 18, 2012 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
Sorūsh and Ōrang's relationship is probably one of the gems of this series. It's a shame not much more of it was explored prior to this episode. We already knew they were best friends, but it's tragic to see them turn against one another. While Sorūsh and Ōrang respected one another, they held different ideals. Unfortunately for Sārā, the shock of Sorūsh's death is too much for the young empress.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Feb 18, 2012 10:14 PM

Nov 2008
So, ep. 16 is after the second recaps episode, right?

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Feb 19, 2012 4:09 PM

Sep 2009
> So, ep. 16 is after the second recaps episode, right?

Yes.

Really. Vassant sucks as commander. The only one who shine in this battle from anty-Luscinia alliance were glasias Wing maidens. Even sky pirates didn't make anything real. If not Orangs betrayal, they would loose the battle.
Nachtwandler_21Feb 20, 2012 3:06 AM
Feb 20, 2012 3:01 AM

Jun 2009
I see many people have stopped watching this show :(
that makes me sad
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Feb 20, 2012 3:07 AM

Sep 2009
Yeah. Maybe firtst eps was not so good but I like second half even better than S1
Feb 20, 2012 6:20 AM
Apr 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Really. Vassant sucks as commander. The only one who shine in this battle from anty-Luscinia alliance were glasias Wing maidens. Even sky pirates didn't make anything real. If not Orangs betrayal, they would loose the battle.

Well, that was kind of expected, and highlight of the whole episode.............
Feb 20, 2012 8:33 PM

Jul 2008
Orang and Sorush's friendship was one of the highlights of this series for me so needless to say I was in extreme despair watching Sorush plummet to his death from stubbornness.

I've been very tolerant of Fam, enjoying her character for the most part, but I wasn't happy with how she handled this battle. Either fight or get out of the way.

BEGINNER
Feb 21, 2012 8:29 PM

Sep 2008
Millia did a good job handing out orders without hesitation. Looks like she studied the book Titania gave her well.
Feb 22, 2012 11:47 AM
Oct 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Yeah. Maybe firtst eps was not so good but I like second half even better than S1

Second half's been fantastic, I also thought the first 4 eps were excellent (the first four and ep 7-8 were awesome), I think ever since ep 7 the show's been consistently excellent. I think ep 5 was the only one that didn't really do anything for me, it was also kind of a "connecting" episode though so I guess it was kind of necessary.

RinM said:
that makes me sad

I hope they pick it back up, it's been great.
Feb 22, 2012 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
I liked Episode 15.5, which was, in theory, a recap, but actually showed a lot stuff that happend off-screen or in between more then most episodes. Especially the music. The one here ain't bad, but the one from the original Last Exile is on a whole different level.

Anyways, i agree that Vasant was a but stupid. Her whole plan based on them not attacking Augusta, so at least not the ship with Augusta on. But even if they wouldn't have used the ships cannons and/or ramming, what would have kept them from shooting everyone else down and board the ship?

Or did she assume Sorūsh would at least listen to a direct order (assuming Sārā would have given hat)? Would be a bit late, wouldn't it?

And Fam having trouble deciding..well, it's understandable, and i think, after she managed to capture 15 ships with ease she already has done more then her part. I wasn't happy with the way she handled it, but she's far from useless.

What exactly did Luscinia do in between though? Was each of the arcs we saw rise an exile? Meaning, all the exiles we saw are new ones, so five new exiles? C'mon, even Delphine only had access to one, and only after she captured both Alex Row and Alvis, and Luscinia simply "finds" 5?

You do *not* simply "find" exiles. Even if you know where they are, what happend to the Mysterium, riddle + answer? And the key? Well, he had some kind of key, but that's not how it works.

Or where the arcs and the "moons" in the sky supposed to be something else? Then they need a pretty good explanation for it.
Feb 22, 2012 5:29 PM

May 2010
RinM said:
that makes me sad

Whut? <.< Why did they stop?
Feb 22, 2012 6:53 PM
Oct 2011
NwAurion, I disagree on the music being weaker, I utterly love the soundtrack, IMO at least the music has been just as awesome as in the original and there have been so freaking many new amazing tracks in the proper styles and varieties (everything from epic military, to classic LE adventure/hero style, to Celtic town stuff to gorgeous touching vocal pieces, etc. even some more Shuntaro Okino) of the original thanks to the return of the original composer, and then ofcourse the return of some handpicked classic tracks for Anatoray things like the Silvius and Vincent's intro which have been used perfectly to add the nostalgic feel, and to the badassness of the Silvius, for us old viewers to seeing them again.

petalshreds said:
RinM said:
that makes me sad

Good question, makes no sense to me, this show has been incredibly addictive just like the first one, I could never stop watching.
Feb 25, 2012 12:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Awesome episode - not just the ship to ship combat but also the drama and psychology that was played out as well.

adamantine said:
Orang and Sorush's friendship was one of the highlights of this series for me so needless to say I was in extreme despair watching Sorush plummet to his death from stubbornness.

Yes, they've done this part well.

adamantine said:
I've been very tolerant of Fam, enjoying her character for the most part, but I wasn't happy with how she handled this battle. Either fight or get out of the way.

Well, she did get out of the way. When she realized she couldn't fight, she stopped. She then tried to do what she knew how to do. Unfortunately, Sorush's ship was simply to big and strong for what they had left. I would have been disappointed had Fam tried to continue to fight anyway.

NwAurion said:
Anyways, i agree that Vasant was a but stupid. Her whole plan based on them not attacking Augusta, so at least not the ship with Augusta on. But even if they wouldn't have used the ships cannons and/or ramming, what would have kept them from shooting everyone else down and board the ship?

(shrug) As I see it she didn't have any other options. She knows Luscinia is up to something, never mind the exile he controls, and simply can't sit and wait. With her own force small and fragile, her only trump is the Augusta and the possibility that some on the other side would come over - historically many civil wars were decided when a leader switched loyalties immediately before or even in the middle of a a battle.
CratexFeb 25, 2012 12:50 PM
Feb 25, 2012 2:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
DangerMouseDM said:

petalshreds said:

Good question, makes no sense to me, this show has been incredibly addictive just like the first one, I could never stop watching.

Based on comments I've seen many make in previous folders I think the main issue for a lot of people is simply of not liking the main characters. Of secondary concern is consistency, or lack there of, in ship to ship combat between the two series.

Claus knew what he wanted and always kept his eyes on that goal. He was very good at what he did, but he was rarely the type to brag about it. Also, how he did what he did was usually 'believable' within the framework of the show's world view. He also was usually sensitive to others, though he strangely completely failed to understand the person closest to him. Fam is also very good at what she does, but she is usually annoyingly in your face about it, amazingly overconfident, and often unable to understand proper behavior around others. Worse, she doesn't seem to have a direction of her own - she has latched onto trying to help Millia, but her efforts there have been hit or miss and her successes have often had that "really?" quality of being to hard to believe.

Lavie, well, we're talking about a girl who started a bar fight with a warship captain in a bar full of hundreds of drunken sailors and marines. She also had a goal she never let go of. She also drew a line with Claus and went her own path when he decided to be a vanship fighter pilot. Gisey is quiet, to quiet. She is very, very good at what she does, but she usually comes across as simply an extension of Fam's flighty will.

Dio was a very much liked character from the original show, but he is a very changed man in Ginyoku no Fam - to much water under the bridge for him to be the same and the show is doing right to show this. But, he's not the character people enjoyed from the previous show.

Millia has no real equivalent from the previous show. Her problem is that for most of the first 12 or so episodes she was ineffective - unable to assume the leadership role she tried to attain, losing what was given to her, and generally being unable to contribute to her own goal. However, that has changed the last few episodes and of the three main characters she is the only one to have developed to any extent. She certainly seems to have learned that she must stand on her own and fight back, and that her sister is her real target. However, I'm sure this has come to late, and to slowly, for most people to keep their interest.

The first series had a small pile of interesting and strong supporting characters for the main characters, particularly Alex and Sophia but also the flight crew of the Silvana. Ginyoku no Fam so far lacks any cohesive group of supporting characters for the main characters.

There has been plenty of ship to ship action in this show, but it seems different in execution. Occasionally things seem to happen for no good reason. The way the Silvius took out so many Ades ships and escaped from that trap on the Glacies border, awesome as it was to watch, seemed way over the top to those wanting more "realism" (whatever that means to each viewer) in their ship to ship battles.

I personally actually have dreams of dog-fighting in vanships of the type Tatiana and Alister flew. I have no such interest in the Vespas Fam and Gisey fly.

I like Ginyiku no Fam, but it is different enough from the first series that I can understand some people losing interest in it if their attractions with the first series are those parts that have changed or are missing.
CratexFeb 25, 2012 2:32 PM
Mar 13, 2012 3:54 PM

Jun 2008
Augusta is really showing her childish side. I thought after he said al that stuff lately about knowing she's young but still wants to make things happen that she will have some conviction despite her age.
Starting to wonder why they fight each other in the middle of the battle shows anything but trying to act bigger than her age. She already knew that it was going to happen the moment she decided to go against the methods used until now.

Millia on the other hand really seems to have grown stronger and taking initiative. She really acted like a commander and someone you can feel you can depend on during this events.
Mar 14, 2012 3:41 PM

Apr 2009
Loved the altitude ceiling concept here forcing them to use the land bridge. Vasant strategy was weak but maybe she didn't have any choice at all given the forces and technology available?

Aww man, Sorush is gone. I kinda liked him as an interesting character like Orang, at least he died as he lived and dedicating the honors to the Augusta with his last breath. What a character! T_T
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 12, 2012 10:15 AM

May 2010
petalshreds said:
RinM said:
that makes me sad

Probably because they reduced the maturity of the show by something like 5 years. It's not just Fam, the whole show is full of blunt idealism, simplified battles, and defanged interactions. There's parts of this show that I love, and it really isn't that bad overall, but to enjoy it you really have to resist the temptation to compare it against the original.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 8, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2012
Quite a nice battle other than that can't say all too much about this episode, up to the next one!
Jan 6, 2014 3:39 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Clash "almost" decisive between the good and the bad, I was expecting some of the plot twist, but during the narration there is nothing for me to exclaim: Yay!
Too bad, but at least there is the union with the recap that perhaps in the future will see the return of wash and Claus.
The pattern is not sublime, but I like too much the character design and the cosume design combined with the color design, beautiful sceneries, too.
I hope there is that bit of unpredictability and epic for me to rejoice as in the initial episodes.
OST was good!
Feb 2, 2014 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
NwAurion said:

What exactly did Luscinia do in between though? Was each of the arcs we saw rise an exile? Meaning, all the exiles we saw are new ones, so five new exiles? C'mon, even Delphine only had access to one, and only after she captured both Alex Row and Alvis, and Luscinia simply "finds" 5?

You do *not* simply "find" exiles. Even if you know where they are, what happend to the Mysterium, riddle + answer? And the key? Well, he had some kind of key, but that's not how it works.

One does not simply find 5 exiles lmao.

Can't say I feel sorry seeing Sorush die. He did suggest they can just put someone else on the throne. Can't blame Orang for doing what he did.

Dio and Al's back!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 29, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2007
Seabury said:
petalshreds said:
RinM said:
that makes me sad

Probably because they reduced the maturity of the show by something like 5 years. It's not just Fam, the whole show is full of blunt idealism, simplified battles, and defanged interactions. There's parts of this show that I love, and it really isn't that bad overall, but to enjoy it you really have to resist the temptation to compare it against the original.

This is mostly my problem. When they announced a Last Exile sequel, I am sure most of us went into this with a certain level of expectancy. It's nearly impossible to judge this show by itself without giving credit to what makes it possible to exist in the first place. It's like the difference between Final Fantasy X and X-2. What you love about S1 is surely not present in S2.
Jul 29, 2021 4:02 PM

Aug 2017
Observation: Atamora has chaplets on his hand (just like Luscinia)
Jul 30, 2021 7:17 PM

Dec 2020
St0rmblade said:

are you done with this season? I want someone to give me some spoilers, I am too lazy to watch this season but I really wanna know what happened after lol
Jul 30, 2021 11:41 PM

Aug 2017
Will_do_it_later said:
St0rmblade said:

are you done with this season? I want someone to give me some spoilers, I am too lazy to watch this season but I really wanna know what happened after lol

I am, though that's a strange think to ask, you can spoil yourself on Last Exile wiki.
Jul 30, 2021 11:51 PM

Dec 2020
St0rmblade said:
Will_do_it_later said:

I am, though that's a strange think to ask, you can spoil yourself on Last Exile wiki.

I just had some specific questions but nvm I already found the answers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

79 by tsog »»
May 2, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.