Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2012 9:29 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was actually pretty good. Despite not understating the story whats so ever, it was still very captivating.
If I ever get more familiar with he Japanese language, I will definitely watching it again.
Sep 28, 2014 1:39 PM
Jun 2014
Do you know where to watch this? :0 I'm really curious!
Nov 22, 2015 7:46 AM

Apr 2012
You can watch this on Youtube.
Sep 29, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2015
A surprisingly enthralling video. I want to learn the full drama now but of course manga informations are unavailable.

Enjoyment: 4.5+/5
Score: 7/10 Critical hit, it hit a weak point !

edit: searching with the magazine's name (Margaret), I don't find anything either. If someone knows something, please contact me.
Rei_IIISep 29, 2016 12:35 PM
Oct 28, 2016 8:21 PM

Jun 2014
That was okay, I guess. The music was pretty good, but the end was slightly abrupt.

The story was quick, and we didn't learn too much about the characters, but I guess I can't expect much from something with no real dialogue.

Nov 16, 2017 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't get this ! I need an explanation for the end or i won't be able to sleep ! T_T
Aug 29, 2018 3:21 PM

Oct 2015
Stupid girl or aho girl is what A stands for, that Mariko has no self respect for accepting to be played like that by Natsume. Kinda reminds me of Hachi from Nana who was a hopeless romantic, because she is attracted to bad no good bastards.

Either way I don't enjoy any material where someone loves another even though that person is a no brainer, so because of that I give this a 2/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 26, 2018 6:49 PM

Oct 2010
Well, talk about a major surprise. This is honestly amazing. Inventive in the narrative and incredibly aesthetic from beginning to end, that use of shading, the shot composition, like the scene when the girl walks through the street and we only see her legs, or her gestures at the concert, its visual language is really, really strong. Can't say I get the average rating at all. This should be far better known.

I guess I could perhaps be a little bothered by the fact she ended up with the playboy who chose her, but you know, she chose him too. And it was a consequent choice, weighing its cons and coming to terms. I'm fine with that. The OVA got this covered in a pretty elegant way.
Feb 20, 2019 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
lihle808 said:
Stupid girl or aho girl is what A stands for

I don't know if you're sarcastic or that's what the joke subs said about it but that's not what A means in A-Girl.

Anyways, the music aside, from a male perspective this is the most retarded romance I have seen[(so far) on par with shitgatsu, if I do say so myself].

Kudos to Orphan fansubs!
removed-userFeb 20, 2019 2:22 PM
Feb 1, 2020 12:55 PM

Jan 2019
For anyone going to watch this on anime streaming sites, the one on 9anime is missing the subtitle scenes for the most part so recommend away from that version! It made no sense to me, and then I realized there was a subtitle screen only half cut off, and watched it again on a different site with written parts and it made SO much more sense of some of the scenes.
Apr 29, 2021 1:37 PM

Jul 2016
No idea what was going on, but I loved this! Probably a little too long and 20 minutes would have been a little more fitting.

Found the soundtrack on YouTube and already playing "Fried Rice Tip Tap" several times. My other favorite track is "Oh Girl."
Jan 8, 2022 11:54 PM

Feb 2012
This was quite a sweet little story. The silent film approach worked for its benefit, although at times I felt that it was unnecessarily wordy. That is, in silent films intertitles were only used when absolutely necessary, whereas here they were at times used to convey ordinary dialogue, thereby reducing the visual storytelling, so at times it was merely a film with the dialogue written rather than spoken.

Still, many passages without dialogue were pretty, and the music fit well the mood of the film. And while the story wasn't exactly groundbreaking, it was more fun to watch than a lot of highly rated romances that are full of anime clichés.
Jan 9, 2022 12:35 PM

May 2020
am i the only one here who didnt like the story but liked the music?
Jan 21, 2022 12:55 PM

Aug 2017
Not sure whether the few spoken lines were actually for the better (emotional emphasis?), but that was nice and moody overall. And even somewhat conclusive! Music could've been a bit better though.

Rei_III said:
A surprisingly enthralling video. I want to learn the full drama now but of course manga informations are unavailable.

Enjoyment: 4.5+/5
Score: 7/10 Critical hit, it hit a weak point !

edit: searching with the magazine's name (Margaret), I don't find anything either. If someone knows something, please contact me.

It's not much, but the manga exists
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12044
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=7849
St0rmbladeJan 21, 2022 12:58 PM
Feb 11, 2022 3:17 AM

Jan 2021
My expectations weren't like this.. I imagined this would be a sweet story, but instead it was sad. Even so, it still has its own sweet side even though only in the early and last minutes.

It's just... I'm really sad that she's back with that guy. Yeah, the most important thing is that they choose each other, and one thing for sure is they like each other. But I don't know if in the future the guy will repeat the same mistake.... I wanna hug Mariko ⊂( T﹏T⊂)

Jun 9, 2022 11:03 PM

May 2018
I was actually confused for most of the part and I had to stop and think. Throughout the OVA I feel like the guy is a playboy, that's my first impression on what happened. Then after that we can see the guy having a new girl, and so I believe that's just the guy flirting without planning on having a relationship. When it's near the ending it's pretty clear that the guy chose the girl again while leaving the others, there's also a topic about him cheating again in the paper, that made things clear that the guy indeed cheated and proceeds to go back to the girl again.

This says alot about society.

Jul 1, 2022 3:03 PM

Feb 2014
So the manga does exists, it just isn't on MAL, nor scanlated in any way...
May 17, 2023 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
I did like the music but it was just okay.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.