Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2012 5:31 AM
Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chapter is out.
Great end to the arc and I can't wait which adventure will be next :)
Jan 18, 2012 5:39 AM

Sep 2011
Loved choppers quote "GET HURT AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE EVERYONE XD"
scumbagg chopper
Jan 18, 2012 5:53 AM

Feb 2010
typical farewell chapter and with that said we finally enter the NW after all the hype can't wait for the mugiwara making their way to raftel.
Jan 18, 2012 6:12 AM

Oct 2009
Set sail toward new adventures!
Jan 18, 2012 6:16 AM

May 2010
Lets go to the New World!
Jan 18, 2012 7:10 AM

Aug 2010
I enjoyed this arc very much.

But it's about time we reach the fucking New World. I'm psyched.
Jan 18, 2012 7:10 AM

Jun 2007
Got a really big Arabasta vibe from the ending. Great stuff! We've really come a long way. Upwards to the new world, stronger enemies and even crazier places!
Jan 18, 2012 7:22 AM

Aug 2011
Nice! I love those finising-spreads with "Let's go! To ________!!!" :)
Can't wait to finally see what the New World has in store for the Strawhats/us readers :D
Jan 18, 2012 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
they should take most dangerous route.
Jan 18, 2012 7:57 AM

Nov 2008
And here it comes, the new world, can't wait for next week.
Jan 18, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2010
Finally the New World!!! Love the chapter (Shirahoshi is so cute) and waiting that next week we get a battle with Smoker hehe
Jan 18, 2012 8:23 AM

Feb 2008
last time it was a giant whale.....this time it was a giant mermaid, and the first promise has yet to be fulfilled.
Jan 18, 2012 8:57 AM

Aug 2011
Great ending to the arc. Again hilarious around the bomb in the treasure bag that is heading to one of the Four Emperors Big Mom. The way King Neptune and the ministers are acting is just LOL. Also we got Luffy just swirling Nami in his arm was just weird, and Nami's face was priceless.

A resemblance I find is that on the first half, they made a promise to a whale. now on the half way they made a promise to a giant mermaid. Just lovely.

Looking forward to when the crew emerges from the sea, and see what the next big arc is. :face-lol

Quote of the chapter goes to Chopper with his line "GET HURT AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE EVERYONE!" :face-rofl
Jan 18, 2012 9:23 AM

Jan 2010
That was one of the most satisfying chapters all year, tbh. FI is done with, and I'm sure we're all ready to move on.
On a darker note, however, I noticed when the children were asking for straw hats that the residual racism isn't completely gone. I know it's unlikely that the Straw Hats would be able to completely erase it, and I'm glad the Fishmen aren't naive enough to believe all people are like them, but it still hurt the mood a bit.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jan 18, 2012 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this chapter, and most of this arc (just a few slow parts but rest was epic).
Can't wait for new world! Hope they really do take the hardest routes, it won't be interesting any other way, and they'll gain more experience like that.
Loved how luffy swirled his arm around Nami (man that scene felt a bit, u know...ecchi) and immediately said that island looks fun let's go there and how nami choked him lol, but luffy's the captain and i'm pretty sure they'll be choosing the hard route.
Also loved Zoro and Sanji's fights, especially the don't mess with ur cook part, then zoro answering Be it poison or razors I'll digest it all.
Loved the part with Shirahoshi's promise, it felt really nice, just like vivi's farewell scene.
Finally I'm thinking that the nxt few chapters will be about what happened to some of the outside world like buggy and some supernova or that's what i hope.
Barion-ZaraJan 18, 2012 9:29 AM
Jan 18, 2012 9:37 AM

Oct 2007
just a prelude :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2012 9:38 AM

Jan 2012
Super buoyant wood? Oh, Oda you clever guy.
Jan 18, 2012 9:39 AM

Jul 2010
I am excite for the next arc.

So very excite~
Jan 18, 2012 9:41 AM

Feb 2008
Satisfying closure to unsatisfying arc.
Jan 18, 2012 9:45 AM
Jun 2010
mulderman said:
Got a really big Arabasta vibe from the ending. Great stuff! We've really come a long way. Upwards to the new world, stronger enemies and even crazier places!

Same. That nice warm feeling I got when they said(we'll I guess they didn't really say anything) farewell to Vivi was what I felt in this chapter. Loved this chapter a lot.

lol @ Zoro calling Sanji Mr. Nosebleed all the time now. It's hilarious when they fight and I liked how Sanji threatened to mess with the next meal he gave him and how Zoro said that he'd still digest it whether it was poison or razors.

Seeing the compass shake towards a dangerous place got me excited as to what awaits them in the future.

Can't wait to see them fight smoker again and when Zoro also encounters that megane chick who resembles the girl he made a promise to. lol maybe they'll fall in love and they'll be a love triangle between him, her and Perona....Just kidding lol, don't really want too much romance in One Piece, just....Adventure!!!!(A man's romance)

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Jan 18, 2012 10:15 AM

Feb 2011
Well it seems like most of the Fishman Island arc's issues were solved so I guess that we move on for real now?

Things should be getting real good now.
Jan 18, 2012 10:19 AM

Mar 2009
UUUOOOOOAAAAHHHHH! Great chapter! The thoughts that we are soon on the surface again alone is enough for me to be full of joy! :D Things are starting to get quite interesting, not to mention we have a smoker to take care of whos waiting for us! :D
Jan 18, 2012 10:28 AM

Aug 2009
Luffy looked like he was raping Nami lol.
Jan 18, 2012 11:09 AM

Nov 2009
i loved that luffyxnami moment. amazing. and franky's hair was so full of win. it looked like lobster claws haha very fitting for the mood. there's gonna be such a huge influx of straw hat sales. fuusha village could totally make a killing if they wanted to. i know its going to actually be a really long time until shanks shows up but i cant wait to see him again and SO happy to move on to a new island!!! i also can't wait for the new clothes the crew is gonna wear. i hope nami keeps her pigtails XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2012 11:26 AM

Oct 2007
i had a feeling shirahosi would pop back up again before they left, but i was kinda hoping itd be after they already reached the surface, for that "what the hell are you doing here!?" factor. for that matter, is kraken going to pull their ship again, or do they not need him since they have this mystery wood?
Jan 18, 2012 11:46 AM

Apr 2010
Nowhere near my favorite arc, but it had it's moments. On to the New World!
Jan 18, 2012 1:07 PM

May 2008
Shining_Sword said:
Nowhere near my favorite arc, but it had it's moments. On to the New World!

This. I didn't enjoy it very much, but some chapters were mindblowing, so I can't call it mediocre either.

I somehow feel that the art has improved. One Piece looks more amazing than ever to me.
Jan 18, 2012 2:26 PM

Apr 2009
heh i'm pumped for the new arc .. can't wait
Jan 18, 2012 3:43 PM
Jan 2012
Ollyx2OxenFree said:
mulderman said:

Same. That nice warm feeling I got when they said(we'll I guess they didn't really say anything) farewell to Vivi was what I felt in this chapter. Loved this chapter a lot.

lol @ Zoro calling Sanji Mr. Nosebleed all the time now. It's hilarious when they fight and I liked how Sanji threatened to mess with the next meal he gave him and how Zoro said that he'd still digest it whether it was poison or razors.

Seeing the compass shake towards a dangerous place got me excited as to what awaits them in the future.

Can't wait to see them fight smoker again and when Zoro also encounters that megane chick who resembles the girl he made a promise to. lol maybe they'll fall in love and they'll be a love triangle between him, her and Perona....Just kidding lol, don't really want too much romance in One Piece, just....Adventure!!!!(A man's romance)

smoker and tashigi are probably waiting for them at the red line
Jan 18, 2012 4:54 PM
Apr 2010
I hope Elbaf is the next island ;)
Jan 18, 2012 5:18 PM
Jun 2010
ZachAttack said:

smoker and tashigi are probably waiting for them at the red line

Oh really? Thought they were just waiting at the spot where they'd have to emerge from Fishman island.

SoFarGone said:
Luffy looked like he was raping Nami lol.

This. Bet you guys who love LuffyxNami loved that part. Not really a fan of the pairing but it was hilarious when he rapped his hands around her.

Osianilist said:

That would be cool. Almost forgot about them wanting to go there.

Two questions guys:

1. Brook wants to see Laboon but isn't Laboon all the way back near the beginning of their journey? Do they basically have to get to the end of the grand line and they'll eventually go back when they are done with their journey? Sort of confused about that.

2. What's up with Franky's hair. lol I know a lot of people weren't fans of his short hairstyle after the time skip so maybe they complained to Oda and he changed it....lol jk

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Jan 18, 2012 6:05 PM

Jun 2010
Finally, this arc ended. Honestly, I didn't like it that much, so I hope the next one will be much better.
Jan 18, 2012 7:31 PM

Oct 2009
Yay, no more underwater shit.

Looking forward to next chapter as always.
Jan 18, 2012 8:05 PM

Feb 2011
Rofl, good chapter. Next 2 chapters should be great.
Jan 18, 2012 11:10 PM

May 2011
Akagami No Shanks... I was speechless the second he was mentioned.

Closure for the arc was well done. Although, the kids wanting to buy Straw hats seemed kind of ominous to me for some reason.

I seriously can't wait any longer. LETS GO!
Jan 18, 2012 11:29 PM

Nov 2008
Ollyx2OxenFree said:
2. What's up with Franky's hair. lol I know a lot of people weren't fans of his short hairstyle after the time skip so maybe they complained to Oda and he changed it....lol jk

no, it hasn't been changed.....pressing his nose changes his hair remember?
Jan 19, 2012 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
Ollyx2OxenFree said:

1. Brook wants to see Laboon but isn't Laboon all the way back near the beginning of their journey? Do they basically have to get to the end of the grand line and they'll eventually go back when they are done with their journey? Sort of confused about that.

i think at the end they all will be separated.. like rogers crew..luffy dying and the rest separated (though everybody achieving their goals)
so sanji will be like in his all blue seas.
zoro will probably fight on an island with Mihawk..
Brook will see Laboon..
etc etc.
Jan 19, 2012 2:36 PM

Apr 2007
Finally that mess is over with and I can read One Piece again. This is only the second arc where I put the series on-hold and skipped to the end, with the other being Thriller Bark. Please do a better job with the next arc, Oda-sensei.

Since the crew is finally heading to the New World it should be interesting enough, at least. The new log pose is pretty wacky haha, that alone seems like fun :D
MonochromeJan 19, 2012 2:40 PM
Jan 19, 2012 4:40 PM
Jun 2010
suigetsu00 said:
Ollyx2OxenFree said:

no, it hasn't been changed.....pressing his nose changes his hair remember?

Yeah I remember that but I don't remember him pushing it and it looks ridiculous lol.

smokes said:
Ollyx2OxenFree said:

i think at the end they all will be separated.. like rogers crew..luffy dying and the rest separated (though everybody achieving their goals)
so sanji will be like in his all blue seas.
zoro will probably fight on an island with Mihawk..
Brook will see Laboon..
etc etc.

TT_TT I don't want Luffy to die. I saw that in some website as a theory but I doubt it'll happen. Those theories on the website were really good but I believe Oda isn't too predictable(even if they were really in depth theories). That would suck if he died and Oda knows how many fans he has. It'll be CHAOS lol jk idk. I have no clue how this anime will end.

Jan 20, 2012 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
Osianilist said:

I hope the next island is the Country of Wano...And we get some insight as to how Zoro knows a country in the New world.
Throw sticks or stones and I'll break you're bones, but words...I'll just delete 'em.
Jan 22, 2012 1:42 PM

Jul 2009
I wonder if Luffy will actually give Shanks his straw hat back...
Mar 7, 2012 12:08 PM

Dec 2010
Best chapter in a while!!
Loved how it had the same feel as when everyone put there foot in for the grandline, trying to chase their dreams!

Love how the one thing Luffy pays attention to ever about navigating happens to be the part that the most violent needle means the most violent island. And he wraps his head around Nami like off of a horror movie xD
The pinky swear with the poseidon shirahoshi was the best too.

Luffy and Nakama <3
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
Aug 31, 2012 6:35 AM

Oct 2011
"get as many injuries as you want"

Chopper's first funny line :P
Nov 3, 2013 8:01 AM

Aug 2012
Overall, the Fishmen Island arc was just meh for me. The only parts I really did enjoy were the backstory with Fisher Tiger (Otohime's was fine too but I loved Fisher Tiger's portion) and most of the stuff post-Hordy (the revelation of Akainu vs. Aokiji and the ramifications of it; Nico Robin's void century progression [the void century is the most interesting long-running story in One Piece in my opinion], including the shocking revelation that Shirahoshi is Poseidon; the stuff with Big Mom) but the rest of the arc was just really meh to me outside of some funny character interactions and that chapter were all the SH's finished off their respective opponents (minus Luffy since he had already done that). So yeah, meh. I am definitely excited about finally entering the New World. Though I'm not excited at the prospect of catching up and having to wait a week to continue but oh well.
May 29, 2015 11:30 AM

Feb 2015
Everything Hody wasn't in was pretty good especially the Akainu vs Aokji stuff.
Dec 29, 2017 9:30 AM

Feb 2013
It's time for the New World!
Sep 14, 2018 9:32 AM

Dec 2015
Alriiiiight, onto the next island we go!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 21, 2019 11:25 PM
Mar 2019
This arc was fantastic! The themes were handled very well
Mar 2, 2021 9:08 AM

Jun 2017
Shirahoshi's dream to go to the surface wouldn't be that simple with her gigantic size. Perhaps there's a magical item out there that could shrink her size.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

63 by LuffyHammock94 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

42 by LuffyHammock94 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.