Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 10:20 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice little story about the three girls + Fam's b-day!

lol @ that guy's song.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 9, 2011 5:46 PM

Jul 2011
Oh hey, it's 21 episodes.
But uhm, fairly unproductive episode, still enjoyable.

3/5
mdzDec 11, 2011 7:10 PM
Dec 9, 2011 8:15 PM

Jun 2011
Giselle is finally back on her feet~
It's Fam's 16th birthday =O
And Vincent is here (Although I kinda forgot what happened in season 1)
Dec 10, 2011 12:33 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode; it's good to finally see some more interactions between Fam's gang and the Silvius' crew - extra dashes of humanity that this series was needing. My only complaint, I suppose, was the sugary-saccharine tone was a little too pervasive and sentimental for my own tastes. I can never seem to get enough of Dio, however...

Anyways, it's good to finally see Vincent again; I wonder if he's still flag-shipping an Urbanus -- version 2, that is.
Dec 10, 2011 1:40 AM
Apr 2011
Happy birthday.
Also Vincent is back, I didn't expect to see this guy.
Dec 10, 2011 4:26 AM
Dec 2011
LOL Dio, Fam and two Silvius crew salvage Anshar. Vincent is back but where is the coffee...
Dec 10, 2011 4:34 AM

Sep 2011
anshar survived! alright critics bombs away! LOL
cheesy episode. @_@
Dec 10, 2011 4:43 AM

Dec 2011
dio remembering Lucciola. (T^T)
Dec 10, 2011 5:14 AM

Apr 2011
Dangerr said:
I can never seem to get enough of Dio, however...

Yeah, good to see him back again :)

Other than that, kind of a meh episode, though the hockey game was a bit of random fun.
Dec 10, 2011 10:41 AM
Sep 2011
While the graphics may look better than the first last exile, the characters are terrible and boring. I'm sick of all these moe little girls.
Dec 10, 2011 1:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
random. next episode is going to pick up hopefully.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 10, 2011 7:53 PM

Sep 2011
fam looks like a boy in this episode LOL
Dec 10, 2011 8:57 PM
Sep 2007
Pretty good ep.

Does anyone know the name of the song being played during the flashbacks/hockey game scene???????????????????
Dec 11, 2011 12:54 AM

Sep 2009
Wow, I really don't remember anything from the original last exile. I figured Vincent is someone I should know, but I don't remember him at all.
Dec 11, 2011 1:46 AM
Oct 2011
Don't worry about it. Though you might remember him as being the ace military commander guy whom Alex had to take on at the Dragon's Fangs, with the ships with the saw-like blades before he later became an ally once

Dangerr said:
Nice episode; it's good to finally see some more interactions between Fam's gang and the Silvius' crew - extra dashes of humanity that this series was needing. My only complaint, I suppose, was the sugary-saccharine tone was a little too pervasive and sentimental for my own tastes. I can never seem to get enough of Dio, however...

Anyways, it's good to finally see Vincent again; I wonder if he's still flag-shipping an Urbanus -- version 2, that is.

Loved the stuff connecting them to the crew, just like the in the first series it's been awesome watching the main characters become slowly accepted as part of the crew.

As I said on animesuki too, it's so awesome Dio's got a real position on the ship and is in charge of the vanship teams, absolutely loved that and where he talks about how he's done messing around now and has his place here on the Silvius, felt so good! I also really liked that they made Dio come off even better as they accounted for why he was mysteriously absent during last episode's attack where they were under heavy attack but he didn't launch with the others being because he wasn't on the ship. The mood of that little conversation was great and had a nice tone shift just like the show has been quite serious (outside of needed breaks like the hockey game) where Dio kinda makes a joke then realizes he feels like he should have been there to help when Alister says they wish he could have returned sooner.

Vincent's introduction sees him introduce himself as the leader of the Anatoray-Disith military so I'm also imagining he's got himself another badass ship :)
DangerMouseDMDec 11, 2011 2:06 AM
Dec 11, 2011 6:33 AM

Apr 2009
I dont dislike Fam and Giselle, but Dio definitely stole the show from them despite his limited screentime.

In particular, I like the way his character is being developed. Sure, he still retain his lax, eccentric demeanor, but at the same time he's also more mature and actually actively participates in the events.
Dec 11, 2011 2:40 PM

Oct 2011
Yeaah, Vincent!

Coffee coffee coffee coffee
Dec 11, 2011 3:44 PM
Mar 2009
So we have 2 sides...

South Federation Vs North Federation/Country + Anatoray/Disith .... (i am sure they will coop in the future even unwilling)

What i really love about this Season is that each side has each own fighting style ...

Federation battleships ...
Glacies Heavy fighters ...
Anatoray/Disith Carrier/Battleships ...

We just passed 1/3 of the 24 (as they say) episodes ... still long way to see clear what the scenario will bring :-)

Tho i am not happy with this episode seems like a filler ... or just small bits of explanations about old and current events.
Dec 12, 2011 2:54 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
eh. It was okay. some of it was good, some of it just so-so.

anshar - I didn't expect it to be a total loss, but neither did I expect that four grease monkeys and their carry kits could get it flying. Whatever.

Far more importantly, I want to know where Dio got those flowers! :)
Dec 12, 2011 10:16 PM

Sep 2007
And here I thought we'd be getting a Gisey episode but instead, it gets thrown back to Fam as usual.
Dec 13, 2011 4:47 AM

Jun 2009
One thing I still don't get.. is how come Dio is now a happy go lucky guy.
I though he went crazy and died at the end of Last Exile?
Dec 13, 2011 5:34 AM

Jul 2009
VINCENT. HE'S BACK.

It appears we now have an official name under which the people of Prester have united: the United Kingdom of Anatoray-Disith. As Commander-in-Chief of the Vanguard Unit, presumably this means they are paving the way for the return migration for people of Prester. In a way, this is a retcon of the Last Exile ending because originally the Prester Exile was originally only carrying people who would start over in a peaceful society. But of course, with new settlements on different planets, security is still an important factor. You see this in other science fiction works like Avatar.

Thank you for bringing politics back into Last Exile, Gonzo.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Dec 13, 2011 5:35 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
echoshadow said:
One thing I still don't get.. is how come Dio is now a happy go lucky guy. I though he went crazy and died at the end of Last Exile?

It's a Rule in cinema that a character is not confirmed dead until you've seen the lifeless body and another character confirmed it was lifeless.

(which, of course, never rules out the possibility for resurrection, but I digress).

As for "Happy go lucky"... He's no where near as flighty as he was in the previous show - I see a big difference in his character. If nothing else, he simply is much more mature and appreciates much more what he has. His underlying personality is still there, it's just somewhat subdued, which is a relative term. He is "happy" where he is, with what he is doing, and with who he is with. Time heals, and it's been two or three years since the events of the previous show.
Dec 13, 2011 5:55 AM

Apr 2011
Happy Birthday Fam!

Never expect they play Hockey too. Seeing Millia, and Tatiana join in was fun.
Dec 13, 2011 7:15 PM

Oct 2008
arsonal said:
VINCENT. HE'S BACK.

It appears we now have an official name under which the people of Prester have united: the United Kingdom of Anatoray-Disith. As Commander-in-Chief of the Vanguard Unit, presumably this means they are paving the way for the return migration for people of Prester. In a way, this is a retcon of the Last Exile ending because originally the Prester Exile was originally only carrying people who would start over in a peaceful society. But of course, with new settlements on different planets, security is still an important factor. You see this in other science fiction works like Avatar.

Thank you for bringing politics back into Last Exile, Gonzo.

Take into account, there is a direct-sequel manga ongoing from the original Last Exile; I'm sure it will tell exactly how Antoray-Disith's current situation has come to be. Oh, and it's also telling exactly what happened to Claus, Lavi, Alvis, and more.
Dec 14, 2011 4:42 AM

Apr 2009
echoshadow said:
One thing I still don't get.. is how come Dio is now a happy go lucky guy.
I though he went crazy and died at the end of Last Exile?
He snapped back to his pre-brainwash mode right after the whole Claus ignoring him part and well, at after that, it was pretty vague - it just showed his vanship sort of trailing off.

And yeah, like I mentioned in my previous post:
Nilvius said:
[...]Sure, he still retain his lax, eccentric demeanor, but at the same time he's also more mature and actually actively participates in the events.
Dec 16, 2011 5:07 AM
Sep 2008
After i saw episode 8 (which was the best so far) and 9(very dramatic), i got a dejavu...If we are in Earth, can anyone explain me why at 5:48 (episode 7) apears Anatoray in the Silvius map!?! i thought the only place with that name was in the hourglass! Anyone??

PS: the plot starts to resemble to the last exile, Claus & Lavie stay in silverna too xD
Dec 16, 2011 9:23 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
apcoop said:
After i saw episode 8 (which was the best so far) and 9(very dramatic), i got a dejavu...If we are in Earth, can anyone explain me why at 5:48 (episode 7) apears Anatoray in the Silvius map!?! i thought the only place with that name was in the hourglass! Anyone??

(shrug) the returnees named their new land after their old one.
Dec 17, 2011 1:50 PM
Sep 2008
Cratex said:
apcoop said:

(shrug) the returnees named their new land after their old one.

I suppose Anatoray (Earth) it is 2 years old, since 2 years have passed since their arrival. I'm trying to get the correct time-line xD.
Dec 17, 2011 9:45 PM
Oct 2011
Etherios said:
So we have 2 sides...

South Federation Vs North Federation/Country + Anatoray/Disith .... (i am sure they will coop in the future even unwilling)

What i really love about this Season is that each side has each own fighting style ...

Federation battleships ...
Glacies Heavy fighters ...
Anatoray/Disith Carrier/Battleships ...

We just passed 1/3 of the 24 (as they say) episodes ... still long way to see clear what the scenario will bring :-)

Yeah it's really cool. :)

As said earlier, love the politics multi-nation angle that Last Exile has once again.
DangerMouseDMDec 17, 2011 9:51 PM
Feb 12, 2012 2:01 AM

Oct 2008
I just like how the music regarding brotherhood is to Fullmetal Alchemist as the music regarding friendship is to Last Exile: Fam of the Silver Wing. And the funny thing is that both songs are done by different composers.

Seriously, this is the first time I was actually genuinely touched by the relationship between main female characters in an anime show (at least as far as I can recall). Nothing is forced about the scene, I already cared more than enough by the characters at this point, and there's no shoe-horning a moe gimmick to it.
Feb 13, 2012 10:18 PM
Oct 2011
Hypeathon said:
I just like how the music regarding brotherhood is to Fullmetal Alchemist as the music regarding friendship is to Last Exile: Fam of the Silver Wing. And the funny thing is that both songs are done by different composers.

Seriously, this is the first time I was actually genuinely touched by the relationship between main female characters in an anime show (at least as far as I can recall). Nothing is forced about the scene, I already cared more than enough by the characters at this point, and there's no shoe-horning a moe gimmick to it.

Agreed, the music is really fantastic and powerful.
DangerMouseDMFeb 13, 2012 10:27 PM
Aug 3, 2012 12:47 PM
Dec 2010
Aren't they pretty good at hockey? Guess it is international sport in their world. haha
At least and in this case at last one more of Last exile's characters made his appearance, Vincent(o).
I hope he stays for few episodes, also I wonder how do they get into contact with United kingdom of Anatoray-Disith. If Vincent is Supreme Commander of UKAD vanguard they gt have a way to travel between colony and earth. Probably using Exile ship from 1st season ? ..
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyAug 3, 2012 12:51 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 5, 2013 10:29 AM

May 2010
"Oh the Glacies ship just spotted us and might be coming back with reinforcements... not to mention the federation...
Let's spend the rest of the episode playing god damn hockey with brooms on the top of the ship and talk about our feelings!"

seriously what
Dec 8, 2013 10:23 AM

May 2012
A slower but quite lovely episode! Let's go to the recaps for the next episode and let's see what that has to offer us!
Feb 2, 2014 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
I wish Alex was alive and that it was him who's supreme commander, not Vincent :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 27, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2007
I think a breather episode is just what this show needed. To me, it’s been on break-neck speed since the beginning. Seeing Fam’s motivation for taking care of Millia did much to expand her character and make her more relatable. Gizelle as well received some much needed development after her random outburst at the end of last episode.

Tatiana’s crew in general is very lax and personable, which is such a change from how she was in Season 1. She really has calmed down quite a bit and become less distant, which is great. What I’ve always enjoyed about Last Exile was the relationship with the crew.

Vincent’s appearance at the end feels so familiar it hurts! Also makes me miss Alex. (I’m going to say this at the end of every episode.)
Apr 4, 2017 7:53 AM
Aug 2014
So much for Giselle wanting to go home. It was all about Fam again, as usual, but I don't find her very interesting.
Jul 26, 2021 4:10 PM

Aug 2017
So the 15th ship was captured, but it was so seemingly easy to repair...Ades could've done it during the fall instead of abandoning the ship, I guess.

Damn, I hoped to see Alis play hockey too! Tatiana was good too though.

The thing about 16th ship actually came into play haha

Dio might very well be everyone's favorite character of Last Exile franchise, and the most popular one x)
St0rmbladeJul 26, 2021 4:21 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

78 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.