Forum Settings
Forums

New Project of Madoka Magica To Be Revealed Soon

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 25, 2011 10:33 AM

Feb 2010
Oh HELL yes. Finally some news that's good. Can't wait to see what it's about
Nov 25, 2011 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
fluttershy said:
Kyuubey is trolling.

Thats all Kyuubey does is troll..and maybe steal your soul with you are too powerless to resist him
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2011 10:58 AM

Oct 2010
the webpage certainlt looks intresting. O.o
Nov 25, 2011 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
You can only expect movies, specials and OVAs related to Madoka Magica to start being released in the next years. There is no surprise with that, why do people make such a deal of it? Pointless hype is pointless.
Nov 25, 2011 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
Heard Shinbo wanted to make it a light-hearted slice-of-life anime.

I'm just hoping that is no longer the case, for it would just be a huge middle finger to Gen
LastExile_613.png
Nov 25, 2011 2:46 PM

Sep 2010
Sanguis said:
Sounds like a sequel to me, since Madoka says "Let's do Mahou Shoujo together once again."
Then again...A sequel probably wouldn't be the best thing for the series.

Don't always believe Engrish written by Japanese, things could even mean the opposite of what they write.

allrealelements said:
I wouldn't mind more Madoka, though I think that it really doesn't need a sequel. Hopefully, this new project is something cool rather than just milking the series for all it's worth.

Although, it would help to know what the website is saying...Google doesn't automatically translate Flash ^^; Could anybody help translate the voiceover + FAQ?

Ehh.. so far my Japanese reaches.. the first thing I heard says meant something like "Even now, I still remember Homura-chan clearly." So that could imply some future thing.

The other 3 say this if I'm right (correct me if I'm wrong):

Dare no inori mo zetsubou de [not sure*] owaresetari [/not sure] shinai!
Someone's wish and despair [something about not able to end it or something like that]!
* = not sure what is said but I think it's something with "owari" so that must means ending something

Mahou shoujo wa kibou kanaeru sonzai ni shinakya ne, Kyouko chan?
Magical girls are beings who gotta make hope come true, isn't it, Kyouko-chan?

Kiseki to mahou de dareka shiawase ni naru tte, tottemo suteki no koto dato omou yo.
Miracles and magic to make someone become happy, I that's a lovely thing to think.
ObinderuNov 25, 2011 2:50 PM
Nov 25, 2011 3:01 PM

Feb 2011
Well, I'll certainly check it out when the time comes!
眠れないのは君のせい
Nov 25, 2011 3:06 PM
Mar 2010
Another project it is then and not really secret since everyone knew it was coming.
Nov 25, 2011 3:24 PM

Jan 2009
ill take a look at this
Nov 25, 2011 3:40 PM

Dec 2009
jpp8 said:
how does shit like this get so many seasons while baccano is still left hanging

If you want more Baccano, just go read the light novel.
You won't be seeing a second season anytime soon.
Nov 25, 2011 3:57 PM

May 2011
not so sure bout this...
but.. i'll go check it out
Nov 25, 2011 4:11 PM

Aug 2009
jmal said:
alec613 said:
Heard Shinbo wanted to make it a light-hearted slice-of-life anime.
I'm just hoping that is no longer the case, for it would just be a huge middle finger to Gen

Oh please, no it would not. If that offended Urobuchi he would be a very petty man.
Urobuchi will totally love to see their characters converted to stalker, chu-2-byou, hiraguro characters. There is no sarcasm here, also. :D
Nov 25, 2011 5:20 PM

Nov 2009
>"Let's do Mahou Shoujo together once again."
>once again
>AGAIN
Nov 25, 2011 5:46 PM

Jul 2010
I wouldn't mind a sequel.
Nov 25, 2011 6:20 PM

May 2011
I wanna be excited for this and am hoping for something really good, but...

I have high doubts about this. -.-
Nov 25, 2011 7:17 PM

Apr 2010
thier realy gonna milk this series out for as much as they can arent they? 3 movies 2 which are just recaps, and now this?...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Nov 25, 2011 7:34 PM

Aug 2009
Forest-kun said:
I wanna be excited for this and am hoping for something really good, but...

I have high doubts about this. -.-
lol why? Give me evidence that made you doubt.
Nov 25, 2011 7:36 PM

Feb 2011
HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Nov 25, 2011 7:40 PM

Feb 2011
All aboard the money train! Toot toot!

That is my reaction until I know exactly what's going on. After that, I might retract that statement in favor of "Hey, that seems pretty cool." Unlikely, but open.
Nov 25, 2011 10:59 PM

Aug 2009
Xpwn3ntial said:
All aboard the money train! Toot toot!
lol. Stating the obvious doesn't make you any intelligent, especially when there is absolutely no negative connotation in the word you said.
Nov 25, 2011 11:05 PM

Sep 2011
Disregard this comment...... I was jokign and purposely came up with terrible ideas!
GodlyKyonNov 26, 2011 7:00 PM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Nov 25, 2011 11:16 PM

Aug 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Let's have it with Madoka's brother as protagonist

Or

Alternative universe where they set in a club room and Kyubey turns into a human boy......

Damn! There's no possible good sequel/prequel!
You either have such a crappy imagination, or just an idiot who does not know the fact that ANY series can have a sequel other way around regardless of how it ended.
Nov 25, 2011 11:56 PM

Mar 2008
GodlyKyon said:

Or

Alternative universe where they set in a club room and Kyubey turns into a human boy......

Why do all your ideas have to include male leads?

Nov 26, 2011 1:50 AM

Sep 2010
jmal said:
Ovindel said:

All 23 are translated already by the Madoka wiki: http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Madoka_Secret_Project
That's much better, but I refreshed the page about 50 times and only heard 4, the thing about Homura-chan went on repeat for about half of the times.
Nov 26, 2011 3:16 AM

Aug 2009
Ovindel said:
jmal said:
Ovindel said:

All 23 are translated already by the Madoka wiki: http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Madoka_Secret_Project
That's much better, but I refreshed the page about 50 times and only heard 4, the thing about Homura-chan went on repeat for about half of the times.
Other 19 is deleted. They were not supposed to be shown, but it was leaked with the same mechanism when One piece episode was leaked in a streaming site.
Nov 26, 2011 5:51 AM

Jun 2010
Milking the franchise more... Maybe it will be a sequel to the series, thus and the third movie.
Nov 26, 2011 8:35 AM

Nov 2007
Nice!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 26, 2011 10:48 AM

Mar 2011
Let's milk the Madoka cow, minna!
Nov 26, 2011 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Dalek-baka said:
tensu said:

It all seemed pretty logic to me, same as Senjou no Horizon is. Not everything is on a 4-year old level of anime. Shame that people like that are trashing the ratings for good series.

wait wait... Horizon is a good series? ok de gustibus non est disputandum :3
and it's logical - ok maybe this one is, mixed with case of quite bad storytelling

Maybe people need to stop reading those american comics, that pretty much simplify your minds, and read a proper book. It's just a complex setting, plot itself so far has been quite simple.
Nov 26, 2011 6:59 PM

Sep 2011
ringoo4 said:
GodlyKyon said:

Or

You either have such a crappy imagination, or just an idiot who does not know the fact that ANY series can have a sequel other way around regardless of how it ended.

Oh my, you should really stop cursing in every sentence unless you are trying to start a flame war.

I was merely jesting when I suggested those silly ideas. :) And I was more or less talking about it's ending pretty much concluded the series, and the sequel wouldn't be very likely to be good.

HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
GodlyKyon said:

Or

...... I was joking. And I never said Kyubey would be the lead

jmal said:
GodlyKyon said:
Or

Thank goodness that Magica Quartet's imagination isn't as cripplingly limited as yours.

I suppose I should have said "I was joking"

In regard to the thread. How about no sequel please? This kind of anime really wasn't made to have any sequels and now they are just "Milking the cash cow"

I suppose an alternative telling of the story would be nice. Or else just do good with the movies please.
Nov 26, 2011 10:00 PM

Mar 2008
GodlyKyon said:

HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
GodlyKyon said:

Or

In regard to the thread. How about no sequel please? This kind of anime really wasn't made to have any sequels and now they are just "Milking the cash cow"

I suppose an alternative telling of the story would be nice. Or else just do good with the movies please.

QB being the lead is implied by your statement. Considering QB is already a main character, if you turned QB into a male, it would only be natural he'd become a male lead.

Also, who are you to say this kind of anime "wasn't really made to have any sequels"? You didn't make Madoka, how would YOU know it wasn't made to have a sequel? I wouldn't deny that the ending was quite conclusive and satisfying for most viewers, but by no means, is it impossible to continue.

Nov 26, 2011 11:18 PM

Sep 2011
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
GodlyKyon said:

HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
GodlyKyon said:

Or

QB being the lead is implied by your statement. Considering QB is already a main character, if you turned QB into a male, it would only be natural he'd become a male lead.

Also, who are you to say this kind of anime "wasn't really made to have any sequels"? You didn't make Madoka, how would YOU know it wasn't made to have a sequel? I wouldn't deny that the ending was quite conclusive and satisfying for most viewers, but by no means, is it impossible to continue.

Let's just keep it this way. I will watch it, but I FEEL it might not be good. As seconds/sequels are usually not as good as S1.

You agreed the ending was conclusive and satisfying(Best 12 episoded anime's ending in my opinion), but you think it CAN have a sequel. Just as I did.

We agree it can have a sequel, I will watch it.

And kyubey as the MC? urgh...... no. I take back what I said. And Mahou Shoujo animes should at least have girls as leads
Nov 27, 2011 5:25 AM

Sep 2010
GodlyKyon said:
And kyubey as the MC? urgh...... no. I take back what I said. And Mahou Shoujo animes should at least have girls as leads
Or we make it an Mahou Otoko anime instead of a Mahou Shoujo. :P
Nov 28, 2011 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
This 'secret project' better not turn out to be the movie trilogy we all already know about.
Nov 28, 2011 9:58 AM

Jun 2010
WHY?! please don't.
Nov 28, 2011 11:00 AM

Sep 2010
Either a story about Homura or a OVA.
Nov 28, 2011 11:01 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like it's mainstream to hate on sequels.

lolbandwagon
Nov 28, 2011 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
Solkiskey said:
Looks like it's mainstream to hate on sequels.

lolbandwagon

There are good reasons as popular series' sequels tend to be...... well, not metting fans' expectations

Haruhi season 2
Code Geass Season 2
Death Note Second half(I sort of count it as a "Season 2")
Yu-Gi-Oh Gx(THE original series was quite popular from what I could tell)
Darker than black Season 2

I am sure there are more. This may be the cause to the hate. as some want to leave the anime "as it is"
Nov 28, 2011 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
Avolion said:

wasn't it movies?
Nov 28, 2011 4:22 PM

Mar 2008
GodlyKyon said:
Avolion said:

wasn't it movies?

No. This is another project that's supposed to be secret and was announced after the movie. This is something else.

Nov 29, 2011 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
ehh not sure how i feel about this...will wait for more info before writing it off.
Dec 1, 2011 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
jmal said:
VanillaIceCream said:
This 'secret project' better not turn out to be the movie trilogy we all already know about.

Doubt it, although odds are decent that it's related in some way. Still think it could be a visual novel or something..

Agreed. I think that people are getting in high spirits but in the end it will be just a game of some sorts. (Though, I'd rather have TV series.) Then again, going through all this trouble of making a website and keeping everything a secret because of a game... it would be trolling the fans, imo.

HomuraIsMyWaifu said:

Actually, Urobuchi himself said it was made to be a complete series with no continuation. However, because people loved the anime and the characters they decided to make a sequel. (At the time he was probably referring to the 3rd movie.) He even said there were talks about how they'd continue it counting on how the series ended and that the material they had at the time wasn't enough to fill another TV series.
So yeah, they are pretty much milking the cow though, I couldn't be more happy about it (as long as they keep the characters and their personalities) . Regardless of what they do , the original will stand as a complete series to my eyes and no second season will destroy the marvellous work it is. It will just be an addition.
If people kept thinking that series could be ruined by additions, then I doubt there would be many Higurashi no Naku Koro ni fans here, especially after the latest group of OVAs.
Dec 1, 2011 11:38 AM

Jul 2007
jmal said:

Urobuchi finished the screenplay for the third movie and said he was really satisfied with it.

That's good enough for me. I'll trust him.

We don't have much choice, do we? XD
Then again, if I have to trust the guy who brought us Madoka and Fate/ Zero I'll damn well trust him.
Dec 1, 2011 5:30 PM

Mar 2008
Fukiri said:
jmal said:
VanillaIceCream said:

Doubt it, although odds are decent that it's related in some way. Still think it could be a visual novel or something..

Agreed. I think that people are getting in high spirits but in the end it will be just a game of some sorts. (Though, I'd rather have TV series.) Then again, going through all this trouble of making a website and keeping everything a secret because of a game... it would be trolling the fans, imo.

HomuraIsMyWaifu said:

Actually, Urobuchi himself said it was made to be a complete series with no continuation. However, because people loved the anime and the characters they decided to make a sequel. (At the time he was probably referring to the 3rd movie.) He even said there were talks about how they'd continue it counting on how the series ended and that the material they had at the time wasn't enough to fill another TV series.
So yeah, they are pretty much milking the cow though, I couldn't be more happy about it (as long as they keep the characters and their personalities) . Regardless of what they do , the original will stand as a complete series to my eyes and no second season will destroy the marvellous work it is. It will just be an addition.
If people kept thinking that series could be ruined by additions, then I doubt there would be many Higurashi no Naku Koro ni fans here, especially after the latest group of OVAs.

Source that Urobuchi said that? I think I kind of remember something like that now you mention it, but I'm not sure. Also, in the post that I quoted the other person made it sound like a sequel was impossible as he claimed there was nothing else you could talk about (except for turning QB into a male or about Madoka's brother according to him) which, judging by Gen's satisfaction with his script for the sequel movie, is entirely untrue.

Dec 2, 2011 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
jmal said:
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
Source that Urobuchi said that? I think I kind of remember something like that now you mention it, but I'm not sure.

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/NewType_2011-12 Interview there.

I think people are talking in circles somewhat. What Urobuchi is saying is basically that, yes, Madoka the 12 episode TV series was intended to be, and is, a complete story. That does not, in any way, mean the franchise was intended to be a one-shot. Shinbou and friends were thinking of other directions for the franchise back in January.

If someone says "Urobuchi thinks the anime is a complete story in its own right", they are correct.
If someone says "Urobuchi thinks the Madoka franchise is complete with just the TV series", they are demonstrably wrong. Considering the TV series a complete whole is not negated by doing an alternate take on the same basic plot.

There are always three factors in play when spinoffs/retellings/sequels are considered. 1) Profitability 2) Fan interest 3) Staff interest. Madoka has all three in spades.

Ah, thank you very much.

Dec 2, 2011 10:24 AM

May 2011
I hope something like a mahou shoujou tournament where all the mahou shoujou's in the world compete against each others in a battle to claim a certain title.
Dec 2, 2011 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:

Source that Urobuchi said that? I think I kind of remember something like that now you mention it, but I'm not sure. Also, in the post that I quoted the other person made it sound like a sequel was impossible as he claimed there was nothing else you could talk about (except for turning QB into a male or about Madoka's brother according to him) which, judging by Gen's satisfaction with his script for the sequel movie, is entirely untrue.

Fair enough, though there always are ways of continuing a story... The excuse they use, well, might be not so good. Then again... I don't know if you heard the first drama cd (I think, that's about Homura and Madoka), it was supposed to be set after the end of the series, and there Homura kinda vows to find a timeline in which Madoka stays with them (or something along those lines). Though, I don't think that is true anymore...

jmal said:

There are always three factors in play when spinoffs/retellings/sequels are considered. 1) Profitability 2) Fan interest 3) Staff interest. Madoka has all three in spades.

True, Sunrise does the same with Gundam... and well, Mai-Hime.
We are going to get a sequel already with the third movie, so well, this project can be anything, really. I would bet on a game or spinoff as they already have a sequel and a retelling planned. Though, I repeat I think this marketing campaign would be too much for a game... then again, I don't know any better.
Dec 7, 2011 5:02 PM

Jul 2007

Not recently, though. Where is my third Mai-series, Sunrise? ;_; I think its time has come and gone.

Yeah... There was an entry here in MAL a while ago "Mao-Hime" but it seems it's gone now. They "continued" it with My-Otome, but in my eyes My-Otome is a complete different series that should be ignored if it wasn't for Mai and Midori.

::shrugs:: Any marketing campaign for Madoka would be high profile simply by virtue of being about Madoka. Pretty much anything short of another TV series is going to have people claiming it was "overhyped". Of course whatever it is will still sell really well and that's what matters for them.

You have a point... But I kinda hope we're wrong xD I guess we can only wait. At the very least we will get a sequel for sure with the third movie, so the rest is just adding the fun.
Dec 20, 2011 10:55 PM

Mar 2009
Just confirmed as an f2p online browser game
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
40 minutes ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.