Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 21, 2011 8:39 PM

Feb 2009
Crazy developments are crazeee!
Nov 21, 2011 8:46 PM

Oct 2011
Well, the thing is, if they're gonna leave enough clues for you to make out just who he is, they might as well just tell you. No, this is just a setup for a mindf**k afterwards and I'm not falling for it.
Nov 22, 2011 6:44 AM
Nov 2011
gosh!!! i thought kanba is the one who's not related to them.........and i was so sure he was himari's fated person................i seriously thought ringo would end up with shouma..........i wasn't expecting any of this.................this anime is full of twist!!! i am so excited now..............
Nov 22, 2011 10:01 AM
Oct 2011
PaninaManina said:

But I see inconsistencies.

The voice of the boy seems to be different, and his hair also seems to have a different hairstyle than that of the Shouma.

I noticed that too. It's very strange to see so many elements that don't match with her memories of the episode 9 and the episode 19.
In my mind, Himari's fated one is Tabuki. Look at his ears here:
Feyris_NyanNyanNov 24, 2011 10:05 AM
Nov 22, 2011 4:06 PM

Jun 2011
MOTHER. OF. GOD.
Nov 23, 2011 5:25 AM

Aug 2009
I was hoping Mario would be Himari's fated person, then they would at least be connected in 1 way.
Nov 23, 2011 8:06 AM

Oct 2010
woonie said:
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone remember this from ep1 (5:33mins onwards) -

Surely this means something, no?
Why it means that Himari's love is strong and incredible. Shouma knew that all Himari wanted to be is to be loved despite her condition and all.

It's truly a suggestion towards immortality with a total concoction mix of emotions and events centred around the story. Momoka had lots of love to share also. Else she would not have saved Yuri/Tabuki from the broiler nor insist on being with them to play despite society despising them.

I guess the same play can be applied to people like Otaku/outside the norms. They would be less shit happening if people accepted them and them not feeling any remorse.

PS: WTF I am starting to become a smart-ass. Sry for that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 23, 2011 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
PaninaManina said:
Hi guys!

About the Penguindrum and Apple/Apple Tree.
Remember about the two boys talking while passes by front of Takakura Home in first episode?

"-Like I said, the apple is the universe itself. A universe in the palm of your hand. It's what connects this world and the other world.(World of the Not Living - Himari is dead.)
- "The other world"?
- The world Campanella and other passengers are heading to!
- What does that have anything to do with an apple?
- The apple is also a reward for those who has chosen love over everything else"
- But everything's over when you're dead.
- It's not over!
- What I'm trying to say is that's actually where everything begins!
- I'm not following you, at all.
- I'm talking about love! Why don't you get it?
"

Thank god, ive been searching for those kids in every ep but i couldnt remember which ep they were in. I also remembered the kids talking about the apple, but now its more clear.
Like it was said many times in the forum threads, the apple has the symbolical meaning of temptation, immortality, desire, evil vs good, and marriage vows/love.

Other thing ive noticed is that in one of the episodes i saw Himari´s books on her desk for a brief second and we have there Alice in Wonderland and Snow white. As we noticed this anime has subtle hints of those stories: rabbits and "other world", as well as the Red apple and a "sleeping/dead" girl. Also the name given to the girl possessing the hat "princess of crystal". Why does she is named like that perhaps it has something to do also with Snow´s white tale of sleeping in a crystal coffin.

The word Campanella has a deep meaning too. I googled it and the result: It is a Bellflower (meaning "thinking of you, gratitude" ) or it can be a "yellow winter apple.

For those who see the "preview" after the ED, we see the penguins playing in the snow and Himari´s words:
"i thought i was alone forever, that day in that FROZEN world i met my fate".

THEORY COMING!
so judging by the kids talk, if the apple is a reward for those who choose love above everything and when they die "its not over and its the beginning of everything", then im seriously starting to believe Shouma is indeed Momoka´s reincarnation, because he was the one who possess the apple, and as we saw Momoka choose love over everything, she sacrificed herself for love of others, above her own life, so by dying she would have the right to get an apple as a reward, but instead of her, we have Shou with the apple, a reward that was given to him...and that he shares again as symbol of love, saving another life (Himari) and the kids mention "its all about love, why dont you get it".

If Shou is not Momoka, then why does Shou has the apple, what did he do to deserve one? Did he get the apple from Momoka? did he sacrificed himself for something and got it? Why would he choose Himari and share tie his fate with her if he says that he hates Fate? And who erased their memories?
And Momoka, where is she? and where is her apple? Who gives the apples? Sanetoshi? The Takakura´s (parents)?

Many questions...but i do think Momoka and Shou are more than connected. Even if he is not her reincarnation he is somehow her "substitute" since she died and she was probably replaced by him.
Also nothing would be so twisted as being re-born as a son of the people who killed you in your former life. And no matter what people say, Shou several times demonstrated he has a very similar personality to Momoka, because he is very altruistic (example: when he decided to save Ringo by pushing her out of the road when the car was coming and so the car hit him).

and so the final question...is Momoka the penguin hat (aka princess of crystal) or did she reincarnate? And if she is not none...then who is the hat?
OrulyonNov 23, 2011 4:53 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 23, 2011 1:58 PM

Nov 2008
I actually don't mind the whole Himari x Shouma pairing.....if it happens. I was surprised that I didn't mind actually. However, I was kind of tired of Kanba getting all the attention and credit in this show, so I'm glad their making Shouma, what seems to be an important part to this story.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Nov 23, 2011 6:18 PM

Mar 2008
Orulyon said:

THEORY COMING!
so judging by the kids talk, if the apple is a reward for those who choose love above everything and when they die "its not over and its the beginning of everything", then im seriously starting to believe Shouma is indeed Momoka´s reincarnation, because he was the one who possess the apple, and as we saw Momoka choose love over everything, she sacrificed herself for love of others, above her own life, so by dying she would have the right to get an apple as a reward, but instead of her, we have Shou with the apple, a reward that was given to him...and that he shares again as symbol of love, saving another life (Himari) and the kids mention "its all about love, why dont you get it".

If Shou is not Momoka, then why does Shou has the apple, what did he do to deserve one? Did he get the apple from Momoka? did he sacrificed himself for something and got it? Why would he choose Himari and share tie his fate with her if he says that he hates Fate? And who erased their memories?
And Momoka, where is she? and where is her apple? Who gives the apples? Sanetoshi? The Takakura´s (parents)?

Many questions...but i do think Momoka and Shou are more than connected. Even if he is not her reincarnation he is somehow her "substitute" since she died and she was probably replaced by him.
Also nothing would be so twisted as being re-born as a son of the people who killed you in your former life. And no matter what people say, Shou several times demonstrated he has a very similar personality to Momoka, because he is very altruistic (example: when he decided to save Ringo by pushing her out of the road when the car was coming and so the car hit him).

and so the final question...is Momoka the penguin hat (aka princess of crystal) or did she reincarnate? And if she is not none...then who is the hat?

I don't think the is only one apple. I think this is more simbolical, and even if it becomes a physical thing, again, there is not a single apple, is a reward that anyone can get.

Shouma can not be Momoka, he's too old for this. But I believe what is said about the applesto die for the love of someone, that person can be rewarded with a new life. However, as we have seen the spirit of Momoka was neither to hell nor to heaven, he was in something akin to a purgatory, in the library hole in the sky.
I believe that Momoka is Penguin hat. Sanetoshi only helped her so she could get out and have a chance to reincarnate. As I said in another forum, Sanetoshi can have their interests, but his greatest interest seems to be just see what happens. He himself says, that he wants to see if it can change your destiny. In many of his manipulations, he only gave small jerks for the characters do what they always wanted to do and settle accounts with the past they tried to flee.

I guess if they can bring back Momoka, would undo the changes in reality. That would mean that all the characters have to sacrifice for her.
Nov 24, 2011 4:38 AM

Mar 2008
Orulyon said:
If Shou is not Momoka, then why does Shou has the apple, what did he do to deserve one?
Why did Shouma had to do anything to begin with? It doesn't look like Momoka ever used apples herself - be it saving Tabuki or Yuri. So far, apples were tighly connected to another character, who is indeed on the same level as Momoka - Sanetoshi.
Sanetoshi brought the apples-ampoules to resurrect Himari in episode 13.
Sanetoshi also controls the PingForce, which was organised by Takakura-parents and which Masako's father is also involved in. So no wonder there were three KIGA apples at Takakura's home in Shouma's flashback about the day they parted with the parents (also episode 13)
Again, it's Sanetoshi who drops the apple in episode 9.
As you can see, apples track straight to Sanetoshi only. That's why I don't think the scene at Child Broiler with Shouma and Himari has anything to do with Momoka. Unfortunately we know little to nothing about Shou-Himari earlier relationship, but I'm not at all suprised if they barely even knew each other, i.e. they were far from being close friends. For example, when Himari says "Thanks for choosing me" - it's like she thanks for choosing her out of all those kids at the broiler, implying that Shouma's choice might be fairly random. I doubt it was random, of course. I think that Takakura-parents were the one who have chosen Himari (and "helped" Shouma to choose her). Or to be more precise, it was Sanetoshi himself. But to explain my reasoning let me write the following again:

Sanetoshi is playing a game with Momoka. He's trying to prove her that everything is destined to happen exactly that way he himself sees as the best, optimal way for the world. In other words, he claims that no matter how many times she derails fate, no matter how much one fights against fate, it's useless. All ways, all fate branches lead to the one and only destination of fate that he, Sanetoshi, believes is the optimal one (All of this was brought up for the first time in the ep. 13 and was partly confirmed now in the ep. 19). Sanetoshi uses penguin hats to show Momoka herself that he's right. That's it, through PoC and Himari as the one who wears the hat, Momoka, who turned into a Tokyo Tower after saving people in the year 1995, can now witness the world development with her own eyes.
So, in order to achieve his goal, to set the fate back on its original track, Sanetoshi needs to undo the changes done by Momoka. The '95 Accident is in focus here - he needs to get as many casualties as there should have originally been, had Momoka not intervened in 1995. It appears only the chosen ones can actually accomplish such mission, and those include Kamba and Masako. That's why he needs a control over them. That's why Sanetoshi needs Himari and Mario - those who're precious the most to Kamba and Masako. Those who they will fight for no matter what. So that's why Sanetoshi needs Himari close to Kamba and that's how he sets them all up together as a family. I wouldn't be a tiniest bit surprised to learn that Mario is also not a true member of Natsume's family. He really looks more like Himari's brother.
---------------

It just occurred to me... but back in episode 1, all three penguins appeared in the trash cans. Does it mean that at some point even Shouma was left alone and forgotten by his parents? It made me think that perhaps even none of the siblings are actually Takakura children. Oh well, sooner or later we'll find out.
And I'm still curious about Mario.. this is still an unknown variable... with all these kids having something to do with Child Broiler, I'm not surprised if Mario is also adopted. Or perhaps Mario is the true and only Takakura's son... But that's pure specualtion.

And here're a couple of interesting notes about symbolism in episode 19:
No.3, Esmeralda, and the wig. Notice how in the beginning it's No.3 wearing the wig, but after Masako's speech, Esmeralda took the wig away, put it on her head, and passed No.3 a mirror: "look who you really are!" - that's a way to show who's the true sister here.

I knew that that blue fan on Takakura's kitchen was an allusion to the child broiler from the start and it finally was accented long enough to prove it in this episode

Himari's yellowish/blueish scarf she wears in the Child Broiler. Apparently it has something to do with her past. She was scared to pass the scarves to Double-H. And here she says that she didn't amount to anything as if she knitted that scarf but nobody needed it... and the colours... blue -> Shouma... but that light yellowish colour... Mario????

No.1 and No.3 cooking while Takakuras celebrate Himari's return. See how in the end it's No.2 who's acually hurt the most. I think it might be the reference to the previous episode: Kamba worked hard for Himari's sake and saved her. But it was Shouma who was psychologically hurt the most - he was late and useless when his family was in such a situation. And yet in ep.19 he fails again..... I feel sorry for him.

Speaking about Shouma. Those white sheets again... Last time we saw them in the episode 11, on the rooftop of the hospital. Back then I thought it might simply be a reference to light, yang, as opposed to the dark basement of the hospital, yin. But now I'm confused.... Same meaning? Shouma on the light side while Himari, Masako, and Kamba are in the rain under the dark clouds? Hmmm... or something more to it?

Noticed the broken maneki-neko at the car accident? Broken fortune from now on? According to the wiki, the bib on the maneki-neko "might also be related to the bibs often decorating statues of the divinity Jizō Bosatsu. Protective statues of Jizō can be found guarding the entrances to Japanese shrines and graveyards. Jizō is the protector of sick and dying children and grateful parents of children recovered from illness will place a bib around Jizō as a gift of thankfulness." Not a good sign for Himari...

Feelings, truth, and past. This reminded me of "shape (Katachi), truth (Makoto) and reasoning (Kotowari)" of the [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke]Mononoke. When all three are figured out, one can exorcize the mononoke. Might be a similar thing here. Feelings as Shape. Truth as Truth. And Past as Reasoning. Once Himari realizes all three about herself, which she did.. her fate is derailed back on track... this is when she realizes she's no longer a true sibling, she no longer has a family, she's again not needed and found herself next to those two fans of the broiler... so yeah, Masako as a Medicine Seller, lol xD

PaninaManina
Very well put and said!
Nov 24, 2011 9:06 AM

Mar 2008
Can I ask a question?
You are able to understand what I write?
I understand English well enough to understand what you write, and watch anime and movies but I lack practice to communicate in that language, which is also the reason I participate in this forum.
I'm just asking to know if I need to work harder.
soulelle said:

soulelle said:

Another symbol of the apple not be something/someone, but to represent an action. Specifically, to overcome death.!

Idem.
PaninaManinaNov 26, 2011 6:28 AM
Nov 24, 2011 10:09 AM

Jun 2008
PaninaManina said:

Shouma can not be Momoka, he's too old for this. But I believe what is said about the apples to die for the love of someone, that person can be rewarded with a new life.

I guess if they can bring back Momoka, would undo the changes in reality. That would mean that all the characters have to sacrifice for her.

Wait...wasnt it Shou born in the same day as Ringo (the day Momoka died)? just asking because i dont remember. As for the other things, i agree with you;)

soulelle said:
Why did Shouma had to do anything to begin with? It doesn't look like Momoka ever used apples herself - be it saving Tabuki or Yuri.

Great post;) i agree with you, but as for the above quoting, i never said Momoka used apples. What i said was if we considered the kid´s talking about the apple being a reward for those who choose love over everything, then it would make sense that Momoka would receive one after her "death", since its a reward for maximum love (aka sacrifice).
But yes, your post makes quite sense, and it has more logic. Im looking forward to know all about Shou and his apple, lol.

PaninaManina said:
Can I ask a question?

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 24, 2011 10:39 AM

Oct 2011
The apple is a religious symbol for the "fruit of temptation", it's something that yield great rewards as well as dire consequences.

ie When eve took the apple because the devil (serpent, aka Sanetoshi) tempted her, she gained infinite wisdom (such as the ability to have feelings, to love and be loved), but as a consequence, she was stripped of her immortality (can gets sick, sound familiar?).

Don't take a genius to make the correlation, but that's basically what the apple means, at least symbolically.
+
Episode 12 proves this, actually.
ideoidiomNov 24, 2011 10:47 AM
Nov 24, 2011 2:30 PM

Mar 2008
Orulyon said:

Wait...wasnt it Shou born in the same day as Ringo (the day Momoka died)? just asking because i dont remember. As for the other things, i agree with you;)

Oh my... you're right.
Momoka die => Ringo, Shouma and Kanba born, in the same day.
Even so, Momoka still is Momoke. She was in the library remember? She came back to earth, send by Sanetoshi on day wen Himari first die. Episode #9 are flashback for that day and what happen when Himara are dead.

Orulyon said:
PaninaManina said:
Can I ask a question?

Nov 24, 2011 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
PaninaManina said:

Oh my... you're right.
Momoka die => Ringo, Shouma and Kanba born, in the same day.
Even so, Momoka still is Momoka. She was in the library remember? She came back to earth, send by Sanetoshi on day wen Himari first die. Episode #9 are flashback for that day and what happen when Himara are dead.

yeah!you´re right XD Momoka is still Momoka. She is probably Himari´s Hat. Now i hope Ikuhara explains who is possessing Mario´s hat. lol.

Orulyon said:
PaninaManina said:
Can I ask a question?

*flees to watch episode 20 raw*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 24, 2011 4:47 PM

Mar 2008
PaninaManina said:
Can I ask a question?
LOOOL, of course not! See? I reply to your question absolutely without understanding it :P
PaninaManina said:
I'm just asking to know if I need to work harder.
Relax and take it easy! Your English is absolutely fine ^^

PaninaManina said:
soulelle said:

Another symbol of the apple not be something/someone, but to represent an action. Specifically, to overcome death.Hmm.. I wouldn't be that sure about overcoming death. But to make a 180 degree turn in your fate - that's for sure.
I keep wondering if Ringo's name will eventually be used... will she really become an apple in Shouma's hands to save the Tokyo again?
Nov 26, 2011 2:42 PM
Sep 2011
soulelle => amazing analysis.

PaninaManina=> pure curiosity: what's ur mother language?
Nov 26, 2011 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
@soulelle and anyone else with an answer: forgive me for not reading everything you said, but, what's your take on the relationship between Sanetoshi and the Fate Diary?
(If you've said something already, just quoting yourself is fine)
Nov 26, 2011 6:58 PM

Oct 2010
ideoidiom said:
@soulelle and anyone else with an answer: forgive me for not reading everything you said, but, what's your take on the relationship between Sanetoshi and the Fate Diary?
(If you've said something already, just quoting yourself is fine)
He sees it something that undoes all he wants.

He hates the diary and wants it out. Thus it cannot be Momoka itself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 26, 2011 9:28 PM

Oct 2011
Guys, here's my analysis...to the entire show
First, we gotta start with the allegory that we saw on episode 12... well here's a sluggish recap:
Mary had three lambs and an apple tree, they are his/her two treasures. One day the apple trees started dying, and all the fruits it bore disappeared. Soon after, the two dark bunnies appear and tells him a way to revive the tree, which is by taking the goddess' flames. Then the goddess punished the youngest lamb(Himari).

Okay, here's the thing. In this allegory, everything has to represent something. "Mary" was the father, who ending up having Himari as 'collateral' (remember how you can use life force as like a currency? being transferable?) to regain his other treasures, 'the apples', when he stole the 'flame' from the 'goddess'; the one to told them how to do that is Sanetoshi, obviously represented by the twin black rabbits (sort of life the whisper of the devil).

Well then, first question: What represents the flames and the goddess?

Given that the apple means

(it doesn't exactly have ANY magical properties, but just a symbolic object), this would mean that their father went nuts out of despair with the cruelty of the world (hence he lost his apples - teehee) and planned the attack (with reviving his apple tree being the objective) that eventually caused Momoka to completely sacrifice herself to change 'fate'.

Now, this is the key point: Momoka sacrificed herself USING the Fate Diary, the only object thus far capable of shifting realities (now that apples are out of the equatiion). I can't think of what else the flame could possibly mean, or any other reason their father would be manipulated by Sanetoshi IF NOT for the flames (aka the Fate Diary).
In short: the flames had been the objective all along, and Sanetoshi only used their father as a pawn in an elaborate plan to manipulate Momoka, the wielder and the 'guardian' of the flames, into sacrificing herself.

By any means, the plan was successful, and a part of that flame was stolen from the goddess, only the stolen flames were very faint. The only user that was capable of using these flames was Momoka, so once she dies, what's the point of having something you can't use? Obviously Sanetoshi can't touch the flames himself, otherwise he wouldn't need the help of "Mary" to acquire the flames.

This is where the penguin hats come in. The hats are a manifestation of the fragments of the flame, they are extremely faint on their own while separated from the main body, yet nonetheless, it still has the ability (like the fate diary) to convert life force into tiny miracles (not to the extent the main body can), which is how they managed to keep Himari alive by sacrificing Kanba's life force. But this fragment, being separated from the body, is extremely weak, and cannot sustain this miracle, which is why the quest has always been to acquire the Penguindrum.

Now, for the million dollar question: WHO IS THE PERSON INSIDE THE HAT?

Because there aren't that many clues disclosed so far, I can only speculate.

So on top of my analysis of the story thus far, here's a little crackpot theory:

The FATE DIARY (the flames) and the GODDESS are inseparable, meaning that the flames are at the very core of the goddess. The goddess was much more powerful when she was whole with the Fate Diary, and she deemed Momoka to be its wielder because she has a good heart, and infused her consciousness with Momoka's. However, Sanetoshi, always envious of her powers (or is an entity to the same caliber, except without the all-powerful Diary), decided to seize this opportunity for his own ambitions. After he manages to break off the actual goddess from her source of power and trap her within a hat, all that's left is to convince her to transfer the ownership of the Diary to himself. Since the goddess' consciousness is now infused with Himari's, symbolically, Sanetoshi must make her his "bride" in order to control the Diary. The goddess knew that she was weak and that she might die (along with her host), if she doesn't reunite with the Diary soon. Which is the whole premise behind episode 9. If Himari (goddess inside) had accepted Sanetoshi's kiss, it'd have been all over - she'd live for certain but would have to share the flames with Sanetoshi as she's wed him. But, of course, Himari chose to refuse his offer, and the scene ends with her plummeting back to reality.

BUT, this is where they had one of the most important conversation in the show, which is what I'm basing this entire theory on:
*Himari was still herself, even though this all happened in her deep subconscious*
Himari: Whose bride will I become?
Sanetoshi: The answer to that is already at the destination of fate.
Himari: The destination of fate? Where is that?
Sanetoshi: You should already know that place. I'll tell you the answer when you need me again, after you return to the real world. About the destination of fate, whose bride you are... until then... ***Himari stops the kiss***.
Himari: No.

... cuts to a flashback ... yup. the very same one where Shouma gave her the apple (of hope).

-Sanetoshi is "telling" Himari the answer to the destination of fate (the ending that He wants) by targeting her in the conscious world, because the goddess is dormant inside of her (because she's so weak), Sanetoshi only has to manipulate Himari into becoming her "bride".
-The significance of the flashback is: Himari defied Sanetoshi because she sincerely believed that there's only one person that she can share this with: her soul mate (who also happens to have a good heart), so she entrusted her life on Shouma.
ideoidiomNov 26, 2011 9:40 PM
Nov 27, 2011 4:31 AM

Mar 2008
Very convincing!

This explains why Princess of the Crystal, if aren't Momoka, talk to Shouma and Ringo using the words "you humans".
Nov 27, 2011 8:07 AM

Nov 2007
more of the child broiler? yuck. not siblings at all? and lol @ the swerve at the end.

I still want to know just who that weird doctor is.

not surprised the parents are still around the whole time.
Nov 27, 2011 8:43 AM

Oct 2011
mystik said:
more of the child broiler? yuck. not siblings at all? and lol @ the swerve at the end.

I still want to know just who that weird doctor is.

not surprised the parents are still around the whole time.

I answered you if you had bothered to read :s
Nov 27, 2011 3:59 PM

Oct 2011
Been leaning toward Shou and Himari the whole time, I is happy now.
Nov 30, 2011 8:49 AM

Mar 2010
HIMARI IS ADOPTED?!
SHO IS THE CRIMINAL MASTERMIND??
THEIR(Himari?) PARENTS ARE BOTH ALIVE??\
WHAT?!
WHY?!
WHO?!
HUUH?!
Omg. Someone, please help me understand this crazy shit.

Lol, Sho and Himari is now canon, hah!
Take that you crazy shippers, HAH!!

Dec 10, 2011 1:01 PM

May 2009
WAAAAH WTF IS GOING ON!?!?! D: Next episode!
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Dec 18, 2011 1:33 AM

Aug 2011
mind officially blown!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2011 7:41 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't really care who was fated to who since up until this point I was more concerned with Himari's fate. But man this is a shock. We got a full on love geometry going on with Masako wanting Kanba; Kanba wanting Himari; Himari realizing she wants Shouma (explains those strange looks and feelings she was having earlier); and Shouma wanting Ringo, then not... wanting Ringo? Ugh! When it gets to Shouma it just becomes a mess!

Dec 21, 2011 2:15 PM

May 2008
camelkid11 said:
mind officially blown!
Dec 31, 2011 5:49 PM

Aug 2010
Kanbafags mad
Jan 2, 2012 9:22 PM
Dec 2009
and i thought it would be kanba, makes it more interesting that it's sho.. woooo mind blown
tag©.androgynous
Jan 6, 2012 6:57 AM

Oct 2010
This. Is. Interesting.
Jan 16, 2012 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
SHouma gets an almost harem??

Ok, this episode is very confusing, unexpected to say at least
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 14, 2012 8:54 PM

Sep 2008
Damn seeing Himari so bothered makes me sad. =[
Mamiko Noto still being her strong, independent self is great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2012 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
Hm... so they aren't related? lol
Jun 8, 2012 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
I sense a love triangle forming between the "family" members. Although, I really doubt any of it will work out.
Jul 25, 2012 3:25 AM

Jan 2008
Hahahaha I love this epic troll! =D =D And everybody was SO sure it was Kanba! Awesome...

So it seems all three of them are not related - I wouldn't put anything past this show now anyways. xD I somehow got the Shouma = fated person vibe when Himari had such a hurt look seeing Ringo and Shouma in the kitchen together, looking like the perfect couple.

I'm very very interested as to how this will be playing out now. We still have to put Kanba in that equation.
SaorinJul 25, 2012 3:31 AM

Aug 17, 2012 10:28 PM
Jan 2010
ROFL to the Utena reference with talk of Kanba "turning into a cow". I adore all the Utena references.
Oct 26, 2012 10:13 PM
Jan 2012
I am glad Himari's fated one isn't Kanba. He is quite annoying ._.
But I am also sad :( . Shouma? So it is the end of Shouma x Ringo? :T

Jeez the episode was fantastic, I can't handle all this drama.
Nov 1, 2012 3:08 AM

Sep 2010
Seriously, what's wrong with those parents in this show ._. ..so many unwanted children D:

I seriously didn't see this coming, why would Himari be unwanted ;_;
Nov 7, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
Wow I hate how everyone punishes the siblings for something they didn't do.
Dec 7, 2012 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
Two shocking scenes in this episode. Kanba meeting with his parents and Shouma turning out to be Himari's "fated one". We'll see where it goes from here.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 17, 2013 7:36 PM

Aug 2012
I think this was the best episode of the series so far.
Mar 19, 2013 4:45 AM

May 2010
I'm completely not surprised by the Shou thing. Not even really all that surprised that Himari isn't related to the brothers.

The Child Broiler is just... well I have no fricken idea what's going on there.

You take two steps forward with this show then like a gazillion back.
Apr 1, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2012
Damn good episode! Didn't that Himari wasn't related thought all three of them were related! Interesting concept and development! Lets see what happens next!

And lol what's up with that Child Broiler?
Apr 1, 2013 7:14 PM

Apr 2012
Oh no not another love triangle. They've got a lot of explaining to do otherwise I'll get really pissed off, I really hate loose ends.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Apr 2, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
4.875/5
I sure hope that child broiler isn't literal
Apr 6, 2013 8:28 AM

Jan 2010
ok kanba actually did know where his did was and he risked himari's life for it jfc
IM SCREECHING IT WASNT KANBA AFTER ALL WE WERE ALL WRONG ITS WAS SHOUMA HOLY CRAP WHAT A HUGE PLOT TWIST THEY WERE TRYING TO TRICK US ALL ALONG A++++ MAWARU PENGUINDRUM OK
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

219 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 13 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Oct 10, 2011

48 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.