3It was OK
7.9%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.4
76 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2008 5:25 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Renton boarded the presumed to be enemy ship, but I don't know. I quite like them, well for now anyway.
Nov 17, 2008 1:41 PM

Jun 2008
ya i like the "enemies" more than gekko go
Feb 4, 2009 6:37 PM

Jun 2008
The rave guy and his wife are pretty awesome. Hope when they find out he is ex-gekkostate they dont flip out

Jun 10, 2009 11:18 PM

Sep 2008
I think the guy already knows that Renton is an ex-Gekko State member... He seemed to know what the green wheel thingy on Renton's board meant. I like them better than the Gekko State crew too D: They're so nice. Renton always seemed to be pushed around or bullied or beaten up on the Gekko State ship... even by Eureka's "children".
Jun 15, 2009 1:43 AM

Jan 2009
It kinda suck if Charles turns out to be the villian. He seems like a cool guy but appearences can be decieving

Jun 30, 2009 9:07 PM

Apr 2009
Well. I quite adore Ray and Charles... how adorable they are. Hope they stick around.
Jul 11, 2009 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
Ray and Charles are nice. I hope they won't disappear from there, they rock ^^
Aug 6, 2009 10:10 PM

May 2008
69 market... ooooh, wonder what they sell theeerrree....

lol @ techno dance party, that was awesome.
Interesting twist, this will be fun.

HAHAHA Just got the Ray Charles joke there... wow that is seriously bad.
Sep 3, 2009 4:42 PM

Jun 2009
I have the feeling that Ray and Charles are going to be a repeat of what Naruto's Kabuto was for me. A pretty cool character which turns out to be evil, and as such his personality changes to fit this new found evilness.

Though I doubt this will happen, since Eureka 7 has a lot better CD than Naruto.
But still...
Apr 27, 2010 7:51 AM

Apr 2010
I think Ray will be the villain but for short period of time and yeah Renton is treated better than on Gekko
Jul 3, 2010 12:27 AM

Sep 2009
Omg...I don't remember Renton grooving to the music...that was pretty funny.
Aug 4, 2010 7:23 PM

Feb 2008
I lol'd when Renton started fistpumping jersey shore style out of nowhere
Nice
check this rad twitter out: http://twitter.com/fuckyeah_anime
Oct 18, 2010 11:31 AM

Sep 2008
Ninja337 said:
Same here XD
Nov 29, 2010 8:29 PM

May 2009
Lol, I was like, "Here's Renton, looking like an idiot, yet again".

And this story is totally officially a coming-of-age story now. The child protagonist runs away and ends up living with someone else for a while. Specifically someone who seems quite nice but might have ulterior motives.

For some reason Ray and Charles seem to remind me slightly of Tweedledee and Tweedledum from Kiddy Grade. Though they're almost nothing like them. Ray and Charles are more like Un-ou and A-ou, actually, being amoral mercenaries and all.

ColdBeans said:
It kinda suck if Charles turns out to be the villian. He seems like a cool guy but appearences can be decieving

I think they'll be the villains for this arc, which probably ends at Episode 25 or 26.

That said, I think Dewey is the real villain.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 4, 2010 9:55 PM

Mar 2009
Another good episode. :P
Ray & Charles seem to love Renton, but wait until they find out what ship he was on before, because i think in episode 21, Charles said something about Holland.

But anyway, watching Renton dance to that music was too hilarious.

Aug 22, 2011 4:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ray and Charles have the most 70s character designs I've seen in ages. They're nice to Renton though
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 21, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
that feel of family
Jan 23, 2012 3:29 PM
May 2009
The party in the park was like a symbol of E7's vibe. "Get it by your hands" track (also, the title which is takeback to Adrock's words, awesome) is a symbol of sort for me, too. I love it the most out of techno tracks in E7.
The contrast between Gekko and Charles and Ray's ships is funny. And how Charles and Ray treat Renton. Still, the difference in their behaviour toward kid comes out of the fact the Gekko's members, especially Holland - even though they were all aware that Renton is only a child and remembered about it sometimes - tended to treat him like another member, someone equal to the adults. Well, this fact helped Renton to mature a bit, too. Charles and Ray, on other hand, put quite an emphasis on the fact Renton is still young and see him in a parental way. It ain't half bad, but I think for Renton, friendship relations on the Gekko are better.
Feb 10, 2012 7:00 AM
Jan 2012
Ninja337 said:

this
Feb 28, 2012 8:34 PM

Mar 2011
Ray + Charles seem like pretty chill characters, but they most likely have ulterior motives.
Apr 24, 2012 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
So Charles likes to finish off the kill personally using a gun, eh? I think that qualifies him for being one of the bad guys. If he'd been paid enough he would have quite happily boarded the ship and stolen the "chocolate" for the pirates, rather than saving from them.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 18, 2012 11:45 PM
Mar 2011
I love the music used in this series, it fits in so well.
Jul 27, 2012 3:03 PM

Mar 2012
I think Charles is a douche. But at least he doesn't unnecessarily slap Renton around.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jul 28, 2012 2:56 PM
Jan 2010
Someone tell me what the fuck was up with that rave party and suddenly mushrooms sticking out of the ground when there was an earthquake. Was Renton high?

Also mfing Charles.
Sep 28, 2012 1:36 PM
Sep 2012
I think I might have figured out why everything is what it is in Renton's time (and so Ao's aswell).
If you don't want a possible spoiler (who knows) then don't read on.

Nov 20, 2012 1:15 PM

Sep 2010
Charles looks similar to Renton. I bet thats his real father and not the other guy. Can't wait to see how this will play out.

Dominic visits Renton's place at the end it looks like.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 24, 2012 5:34 PM

Jul 2012
hznu said:
ya i like the "enemies" more than gekko go

Yea at least they don't freakin hit him. This couple is cool not like the other couple who always seem to have domestic dispute and beat Renton out of sheer pleasure
Dec 1, 2012 1:24 PM

Mar 2012
theeggman85 said:

This.

Ninja337 said:

And that.
Jan 20, 2013 1:01 PM
Mar 2012
^Definitely . I mean they seem too good to be true. They could turn on Renton anytime now...... I just have a weird feeling about them cuz' usually people like that have ulterior motives!
Feb 24, 2013 1:43 AM

Nov 2011
Charles is so hipster that it's awesome. Renton doesn't seem to notice that the ship he's in looks like Gekkostate's (which iirc hadn't been released yet for military use). Weird. Or maybe it just hasn't crossed his mind. If things turn out to be what the anime opening suggests...it would be hard for Renton.
Mar 6, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
The beginning was so sad I teared up
Apr 10, 2013 8:19 AM
Apr 2012
Qashqai said:
tended to treat him like another member, someone equal to the adults. Well, this fact helped Renton to mature a bit, too. Charles and Ray, on other hand, put quite an emphasis on the fact Renton is still young and see him in a parental way. It ain't half bad, but I think for Renton, friendship relations on the Gekko are better.

Exactly. Everyone seems to think that Renton was treated badly on the Gekko now they see how Charles and Ray treat him. But the truth is that on the Gekko he was (almost) an equal and was treated as such. He wasn't being spoiled like he is now by those two.
I am not saying either is right or wrong by the way and I do think that Holland treated him unfairly but not the others.
I also like the things that Charles is saying to Renton, like that everyone is fighting for their survival and it's not just Good Vs. Evil. In this anime there aren't many truly evil enemies, it's just colliding interests and beliefs. Thats the reason why I find it strange that people already predict Charles becoming evil and even go as far as to compare it to Naruto Shippuuden.
May 8, 2013 2:39 PM
Aug 2012
wth is with renton he has no back bone he left the state because they where killing people nd then he goes and joins some mercenaries and smiles while he shoots a guy thinking wow tht was so kl wat a douch he is the most anoying character in existence the only reason im still watching is for the fight scenes and the thin wafer of hope that he will change
Jun 14, 2013 9:39 AM

Jan 2012
How sweet, Renton found a family. I wonder what will happen if they found out who he really is.

Jul 23, 2013 1:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
theeggman85 said:

Omg haha nice catch there o_o

kingfelix92 said:
wth is with renton he has no back bone he left the state because they where killing people nd then he goes and joins some mercenaries and smiles while he shoots a guy thinking wow tht was so kl wat a douch he is the most anoying character in existence

Aside from the terrible spelling and no use of punctuation, I agree :) No one treats him like a kid (except for Holland) on Gekko and he gets pissed off because he doesn't see things like everyone else does, I guess he just wants to be babied. Matthieu and Eureka spoke to Renton as if he was an adult regarding the reason that they kill, but he doesn't understand so he leaves, but then understands it when Charles tells him that they're fighting to put food on the table. Really? How was that any different from what Matthieu said?
Nov 8, 2013 5:19 PM

Sep 2012
the base ,
renton got his groove on
Feb 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Ninja337 said:

Haha me too, im not sure how i feel about their names being "Ray Charles" though, but i kinda like them so far.
My Candies:
Jul 18, 2014 11:36 PM

Aug 2013
Charles and Ray treat him much better than Gekko does... I like them.
Jul 21, 2014 2:58 AM

Aug 2013
I wonder if Charles knows Renton is part of Gekkostate when he saw the wheel. I mean sure he knows Holland but I'm curious to know if he knows what he wheel signified.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 11:39 AM

May 2012
Very interesting development, it's quite interesting how he joined up with those who seems to search revenge with Holland! But well let's see what happens next.
Dec 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
Waaa- Dominic was able to read... a map? What, I don't even...

It's obvious that Charles reconized the GekkoState member wheel. I hope he's not just using him to get closer to the GekkoState... Because if so, it will only hurt him in the end. I think Renton have received enough shit in the face since the beginning.

Anyway, that new couple is really cool and charismatic. Of course, it is hidding something since it's just too ''perfect''. It's too ''clean'', like if they wanted to erase their past.

The discussion between Gidjet and Eureka was cute. It show how Eureka is changing and people are now more willing to approach her.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 27, 2015 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
Charles and Ray are pretty cool so far. Sadly I forsee their death in the future.
Aug 5, 2016 8:03 PM

Jun 2016
I am enjoyed this episode a lot more than almost all of the others. Renton is actually being treated like a human being with these new people whom we nothing about. Thats ok though because it feels like par for the course for his show! I mean why is the world the way it is? How did Rentons dad save the world? What is the crew of the Gekkos motivations? Is the government bad? I don't know because nothing has been explained!

All I know is that to me none of the characters from the Gekko have any appeal... In fact I actually dislike most of them. Even if this new group that Renton is with turns out to violently oppose the Gekko ship I would root for this new duo, unless something drastic happens. I really hope Renton doesn't go back...
Sep 30, 2016 1:57 AM

Sep 2014
I hope they adopt him. I like that couple already more then most of Gekko state.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 22, 2017 6:39 AM

Jul 2008
I think I'm in agreement with everyone, I'm digging Ray Charles more than Gekko.
Sep 23, 2017 7:49 AM

Nov 2014
Finally got to see one of these tectonic shifts people keep talking about in action, scary stuff wonder what's causing them.

Charles and Ray seem like pretty cool characters and totally don't remind me of any characters from an older series nuh uh not at all.
Oct 11, 2017 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, so far the supposed enemies have treated Renton way better than the Gecko crew. They are really nice and friendly to him and took him in.

I too enjoyed this episode more than most of the others, mostly because of the new characters and agree that that most of the Gecko crew aren't that great.
Oct 12, 2017 2:09 PM
Mar 2017
I thought they put drugs while he slept haha ...

in the middle of the poor neighborhood they start to party and dance haha
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jul 21, 2019 8:19 PM

Apr 2019
Eureka learning about love... I was really mad about Renton naivety when he was stolen LMAO, but the most important question is: Why Hap was shitting naked? Interesting how the villains are treating Renton, but there is clearly something really suspect about it.
Dec 12, 2019 8:04 AM

Nov 2016
The techno part was pretty wtf xD

Charles and Ray are awesome and I like how they treat Renton, but it's kinda sad knowing that their relationship isn't meant to last long.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.