Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2008 6:58 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww. It was cute. Also quite predictable, I knew everything would turn out well...
Nov 18, 2008 7:55 PM

Sep 2007
So sweet! I just love this end.
I foresee that the things will turn well but the way the series lead us was just amazing.
Apr 24, 2009 7:07 PM

Sep 2008
I am thoroughly disappointed by the ending. I've always known that it would have a happy ending because it's just that type of anime, but what a sorry excuse. Maybe I don't understand because I've never lost anyone close to me, but I still feel as though Sachiko's behavior was just idiotic.

I'm starting to hate just about every character in this anime...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2011 11:52 AM

Sep 2009
This last "arc" disappointed me, but rest was pretty good.
Oct 16, 2011 5:26 AM

Nov 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I am thoroughly disappointed by the ending. I've always known that it would have a happy ending because it's just that type of anime, but what a sorry excuse. Maybe I don't understand because I've never lost anyone close to me, but I still feel as though Sachiko's behavior was just idiotic.

Go someplace else. >:(
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 18, 2012 1:33 AM
May 19, 2012 1:04 PM

Jun 2009
lol at the last arc being a disappointment. Are you guys serious?

It was great since it was overflowing with character development especially around Yumi who was so infatuated with Sachiko that everything she does, she overreacts.

Now Yumi learned how to loosen up especially around her oneesama and gain confidence on herself which will help her a lot since a year from now, she will become the Rosa Chinesis of Lilian.
Dec 5, 2012 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
They really throw the word "love" around like nothing else.. Well, Sachiko is more at fault for not telling her than Yumi for misinterpreting, that's for sure.

And I think it's quite ridiculous how half of the schools always goes to watch.
Yumi and Touko talk outside, everyone standing at the windows or somewhere else around. Yumi gets called to the staff room, already 10 girls waiting (only Yoshino and probably Shimako would be okay in my opinion). Yumi and Youko are on the way to the car, the girls stand there on the side as if it would be a wedding and the couple would go through there.. seriously? xD

This season wasn't really special, but it was still good ^^
Feb 11, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
"I'm sure Sachiko's to blame." Oh Youko, you know her so well haha!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 27, 2014 7:32 PM

Sep 2012
xchee said:
"I'm sure Sachiko's to blame." Oh Youko, you know her so well haha!

Seriously, lol. But this was a cute way for them to reconcile.

And on another note, am I the only one who noticed Youko and Yumi didn't have their seat-belts on?
Jul 20, 2014 12:39 AM

Feb 2013
Good season, I liked it more than the first season 8/10
Nov 30, 2014 12:14 AM

Sep 2014
D'aawww, the last five minutes were so sweet. That amazing hug and the reveal of Yumiko and Sachiko's grandma's relationship. I wish Sachiko told Yumi, and Touko should have said something too. It almost seemed like Touko was getting off on their misunderstanding.

Loved this season! I'm so glad there are four seasons of Marimite :3
Jan 21, 2015 9:20 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I do agree Sachiko is to blame but I sympathize for her. It's not easy to explain to someone about a loved one being sick. Sachiko thought Yumi would notice but she failed to understand Yumi is very delicate and she tends to overreact sometimes.. Still, it was a very sweet last couple of minutes. Both Yumi and Sachiko learned more about each other and got closer. Hopefully Sachiko is a lot kinder to Yumi and is more open with her.

8/10

Mar 26, 2015 7:15 AM

Jul 2012
Another lovely season of Marimite :)

At first I thought the last arc was a bit overdone but as it progressed, I felt they explained Yumi's insecurity and doubts very well and as a whole, provided great character development for both Yumi and Sachiko. I appreciate it much more afterwards. The hug at the end was especially sweet. As was seeing Yumiko reconcile with Sachiko's grandmother.

Ga_LaxyMar 26, 2015 7:19 AM
May 15, 2015 8:15 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The second season was very ripe with character developing and was interesting to watch. I like Yumiko very much and thought that she was a nice plot developer. I don't think that I can marathon season 3....too many feels. Oh....and I hate Touko too much ..... need to take a break from her or I may kick my monitor.
Jun 13, 2015 9:43 PM

Jan 2010
I have a lot of small gripes with this show, but that's because I recognize that it's doing a lot of things right. Blind praise is worthless without understanding the state of things, and I'm fully interested in knowing how Maria-sama ga Miteru works. I get that the show is best approached by enjoying the characters' interactions and how their relationships change overtime, but I'm still not sure what these relationships are. Perhaps that's the intent, to have it be some complex relationship that can't be understood through simple words, but at the same time, it's hard to say if the anime can spend so much time dancing around the issues surrounding the characters. But, alas, the fact that I can question this show this much may prove that the show has substance. Who knows.
Aug 4, 2015 7:17 AM

Dec 2012
Gotta keep a gaydar close at hand every time these characters say they love someone. So far I get the feeling that Yumi and Sachiko's love is one of a strong sisterly bond and hasn't encroached into shoujo-ai just quite yet.

Although a rather predictable and safe reconciliation, it was still heartwarming and allowed for both characters to develop nicely along the way. Most notably Yumi, whose love for Sachiko is probably stronger than ever before now that she's not clinging onto her. Another interesting part of Yumi's development is how much she's able to influence those around her. Nearly everyone realizes how important Yumi is to Sachiko and even Sachiko's mother stepped aside to let Yumi tend to Sachiko's heart on the day of the funeral. Although it would have done so much for Yumi to have known sooner (thanks Prince for being the only one to fill her in), it's easily understandable that Sachiko was simply unable to bring herself to tell Yumi and become so vulnerable.

For the most part, I found Touko to be a playful devil up until the last episode, where I was starting to become skeptical of her. However, it was really cute to see how uncomfortable she was from Yumi's kindness. I get the feeling she'll be getting Yumi's rosary in a matter of time.

This sequel was a strong follow up to the series, although admittedly I probably could have done with watching at a slower pace. The lesson has been learned and duly noted for when I decide to savor 3rd and 4th in the future. It did well to portray the passing of the torch as the previous Roses graduated. Just like with season 1, Haru also managed to show rather than tell the characterization of its cast and did well both with the established members of Yamayuri as well as the first years.

7.5/10 to compliment season 1. Maria-sama 3rd looks like the perfect way to wrap up the summer.

kikichi said:
And on another note, am I the only one who noticed Youko and Yumi didn't have their seat-belts on?
Yeah that bothered me momentarily. I'm a stickler for impeccable driving habits so it irks me when I see irresponsible driving in anime.
ZekkenshinAug 4, 2015 7:22 AM
Apr 14, 2017 4:18 PM
Aug 2014
How was Yumi supposed to understand that the reason Sachicko was so down was that her grandmother was on her deathbed. How morbid does Sachiko think Yumi is.

Really thought their bond was strong enough by now that Sachiko would able to share that, but I guess I was wrong.

Not sure why Touko was so cheery when telling Yumi about her trip with Sachicko to see her grandmother on her deathbed.
Jul 15, 2019 5:05 PM

Nov 2016
Although I'm not satisfied with how the misunderstanding was handled and resolved, it was a cute ending nonetheless. Also got some character development. And the bond between Yumiko and Sachikos grandmother was a nice touch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2019 4:22 AM

Jun 2016
Honestly, what an ending, I can't really say I liked it or disliked it..Their chemistry might be the worst on the series. Wish we could get more content with Noriko and Shimako, I would choose that pairing over every pairing in this series.
courierrSep 14, 2019 4:25 AM
Dec 1, 2019 11:33 AM

Oct 2015
I wished Sachiko had told Yumi about her grandmother, but I still understood her shallow explanation though. I guess she doesn't trust her that much to confide her feelings or anything worthwhile for that matter. Even though she said she loves her, it still doesn't change the fact she has no faith in her to carry her feelings or pain. It was such a superficial ending it hurts me, because I love this series.

Overall it was not the best season to watch. So many things wrong with the show, everything was shallow and lacked any introspective. From the Shimako Buddhism issue to this Yumi/Sachiko one, every one of them was shamelessly done. Above all, they all ended in a cliché weak manner without proper scrutiny or emotional value. Pretty disappointed in the lack of romance too, this series promised one, but nada at all. Where the hell is GL in this one? All we got were two friends who told each they love each, that's nothing too special or are they still building their love.

I guess onto season 3.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 30, 2019 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
Bayek said:
Gotta keep a gaydar close at hand every time these characters say they love someone. So far I get the feeling that Yumi and Sachiko's love is one of a strong sisterly bond and hasn't encroached into shoujo-ai just quite yet..

What for? It has been canonical yuri from the start. Another thing, like the whole Class S, is about spiritual love, not sexual one, but this does not negate the fact that their “love” has always been canonical.
Dec 30, 2019 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
RobertBobert said:
Bayek said:
Gotta keep a gaydar close at hand every time these characters say they love someone. So far I get the feeling that Yumi and Sachiko's love is one of a strong sisterly bond and hasn't encroached into shoujo-ai just quite yet..

What for? It has been canonical yuri from the start. Another thing, like the whole Class S, is about spiritual love, not sexual one, but this does not negate the fact that their “love” has always been canonical.
Aye, I took one look at my notifications, re-read my post, and was trying to figure out what on earth I actually meant. Not sure why I worded it that way.

It's been years since I've seen this, but isn't it true that Yumi & Sachiko aren't actually in a consciously romantic relationship at this point? In that case, I think what I might have meant back then was that I wasn't sure if that moment was the turning point into mutual romantic feelings. If you've seen Bloom Into You, you might understand what I mean when I say that just because a ship might be inevitable doesn't mean that it's necessarily sailed yet.
Dec 30, 2019 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
Bayek said:
RobertBobert said:

Aye, I took one look at my notifications, re-read my post, and was trying to figure out what on earth I actually meant. Not sure why I worded it that way.

It's been years since I've seen this, but isn't it true that Yumi & Sachiko aren't actually in a consciously romantic relationship at this point? In that case, I think what I might have meant back then was that I wasn't sure if that moment was the turning point into mutual romantic feelings. If you've seen Bloom Into You, you might understand what I mean when I say that just because a ship might be inevitable doesn't mean that it's necessarily sailed yet.

I would compare it more with Eupho. They are not lovers, but they are not friends in the usual sense, they are more like soul mates in a religious sense. MariMite has never been a show about romance, this show is a romantic friendship as the highest form of pure love bonds between people. Well, only if someone doesn't want to think that Sachiko left Touko as a concubine for Yumi until she graduates from school, lol.
Dec 30, 2019 5:52 PM

Dec 2012
RobertBobert said:
they are more like soul mates in a religious sense.
That's quite an interesting take. While I had all but forgotten about this series, I at least remember that it's teeming with nuances that make it stand apart as a girls love title. I never got to the sequels so I'll definitely considering rebooting this and giving it another go with your insights in mind.
Dec 30, 2019 6:05 PM

Apr 2012
Bayek said:
RobertBobert said:
they are more like soul mates in a religious sense.
That's quite an interesting take. While I had all but forgotten about this series, I at least remember that it's teeming with nuances that make it stand apart as a girls love title. I never got to the sequels so I'll definitely considering rebooting this and giving it another go with your insights in mind.

These are not my ideas, this is the philosophy of Class S, to which the original LN is paid tribute. However, given how much the first volumes nods the lesbian arc from Cream Lemon, it is possible that the author intentionally made this even more homoerotic.

In general, personally, I would subjectively call it intentionally platonic romance.
Jan 7, 2021 4:54 PM
Apr 2020
HawthorneKitty said:

yes I agree with you, every event that happens between the two of them, it's always Yumi who has to move to help her Onee-sama and hardly the other way around.
Oct 17, 2021 8:14 AM

Aug 2018
This anime was nice to watch.. It has it's atmosphere.. Not every one of girls have the best relationships.. But also at the same time it feels so up there at the same time.. Not like first or second thing is good or bad.. It just is how it is.. I really like how anime feels..
Feb 10, 2022 8:16 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I really liked this final episode, while the arc itself had its rough moments, i actually loved this ending, it was a very good moment between Sachiko and Yumi, sure maybe everything was Sachiko’s fault like Yoko and even Sachiko herself admits but this ending was still amazing lol, and I really liked the backstory of the grandma and Yumiko, even though the two of them haven’t really been that involved until now. I also kinda thought a family death or hospitalization might have been why Sachiko was gone, but imo it did not change the fact she could have easily told Yumi and avoided a lot of drama, but it seems like that was due to Sachiko overestimating Yumi so once again, blame Sachiko lol.

But as for the season overall, I like it a lot, not quite as much as Season 1, but still this one was very good. This one had a lot more plot focus as opposed to the character building of Season 1, but that’s not a bad thing, just I think I liked Season 1 for that reason due to my personal preference. Anyway, still loved this season, I like the new characters it brought, yes even Touko lol, and the new developments in all the girls’ relationships. I think it’s gonna be another 8/10 for me, I’m definitely excited to see what Season 3 has to offer.
Apr 20, 2022 7:50 PM

Jun 2014
So, that's why Sachiko was avoiding Yumi. Her dying grandmother reminded her of Yumi in a way. I'm glad that Sachiko and Yumi have reconciled. They seem to be more in love than ever.

I'm also glad that Yumiko reconciled with Sachiko's grandmother. That was really touching.

This season was pretty good. I'll be starting the third season next, right after seeing the season 2 specials.

Feb 16, 2023 2:24 PM

Aug 2021
i swear this is nothing like the first season
this was so so so frustrating... yet so bingable
Jan 15, 2:52 PM
Feb 2022
happy ending, no kisses though

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru ~Haru~ Episode 3 Discussion

Tsulaa - Jan 1, 2010

8 by sjmmoc »»
Jun 10, 2023 11:21 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru: Haru Episode 2 Discussion

Cratex - Feb 25, 2013

12 by symeon_a »»
Mar 9, 2023 6:30 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru ~Haru~ Episode 8 Discussion

en_____ - Jan 23, 2010

16 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 16, 2023 10:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru ~Haru~ Episode 5 Discussion

Teddy - Jul 18, 2008

15 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 15, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru ~Haru~ Episode 12 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Apr 24, 2009

12 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 20, 2022 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.