Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 5, 2011 1:08 PM

Jun 2011
the next episoode is going to be so epic
Aug 5, 2011 1:28 PM
Feb 2010
I watched Ep15 & 16.

They deviated from the manga and these events: the sword cracking up and the new character might be from a future chapter so I am dropping the anime.

Damn and I really liked watching it. I hate it when they don't stick to the manga.
Aug 5, 2011 9:25 PM

Aug 2011
OHMYGOD, When shiemi hugged rin, my heart stopped.
I was like, Did she really just calm down Rin Okumura?
Heh, I would really like to see the shiemi and amaimon couple...
Is it just me? :'>
Aug 6, 2011 3:41 PM

Aug 2010
The sexy voice of Daisuke Ono..
I recognize it anywhere :)
Aug 6, 2011 4:43 PM

Feb 2009
So the anime will deviate from the manga from there I guess. I wish they would not deviate from it oh well.
Aug 6, 2011 6:38 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was AWESOME! :D It is really getting suspenseful with the whole Demon King of Gehenna or Savior of Assiah...
Aug 6, 2011 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
I guess we see it with more detail next episode how Amaimon appears and the fight happens, but generally: How come Shura can make a barrier that keeps him away, but they can not do so during the trial? Except if it really was Mephistos doing.

Also, how is that Arthur is both Paladin and Upper First Class? Is Paladin a special rank? I mean, it is obviously special, having only one and being the top rank, but there is a rank between Upper First Class and Paladin. So Paladin is not directly included in the hierachy, otherwise he would first be promoted to Arc Knight and/or keep only the Paladin title.

They never talked about what rank Shiro had, besides Paladin, too.
Aug 6, 2011 9:04 PM

Jan 2009
Hito-Shura said:

They deviated from the manga and these events: the sword cracking up and the new character might be from a future chapter so I am dropping the anime.

Damn and I really liked watching it. I hate it when they don't stick to the manga.

MaxCrazy7 said:
So the anime will deviate from the manga from there I guess. I wish they would not deviate from it oh well.

well im glad they do not follow the manga anymore and will have a anime original ending for this just like FMA first anime has done and im sure with this popularity they can make a remake of Blue Exorcist just like what happened with FMA:Brotherhood

so im ready for Blu Exorcist: Brotherhood in the future!!!
Aug 6, 2011 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
-1 for this show, I'm absolutely sick of stupid healer bitches running out and putting their lives in danger to save the protag who has gone crazy with power (i.e. Orihime and Ichigo, Sakura and Naruto*). IT IS BULLSHIT. ANY SHOW THAT DOES THIS IS CRAP. How about you write something fucking original for once? Or at least make it RIN'S FREAKING BROTHER who can bring him out of it instead of some stupid girl he has a crush on. Lame.

*I know in this case Naruto actually hurt Sakura, which was amazing to me because hey that is WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE so at least that was a less crap version of this annoying scene.
Aug 7, 2011 5:50 PM

Jul 2009
yamakasi said:
-1 for this show, I'm absolutely sick of stupid healer bitches running out and putting their lives in danger to save the protag who has gone crazy with power (i.e. Orihime and Ichigo, Sakura and Naruto*). IT IS BULLSHIT. ANY SHOW THAT DOES THIS IS CRAP. How about you write something fucking original for once? Or at least make it RIN'S FREAKING BROTHER who can bring him out of it instead of some stupid girl he has a crush on. Lame.

*I know in this case Naruto actually hurt Sakura, which was amazing to me because hey that is WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE so at least that was a less crap version of this annoying scene.

I didn't even think - it is always healers!
As if it's the only way the 'nurse' (which they basically are - nurses + soilders) can help out in combat besides treating wounds.

We have a decent scene in Tenjou Tenge, inwhich another healer(type) girl jumps into combat to give her boyfriend a 'power of love' embrase - this doesn't go well; though expected, it still makes a change from the 'calm down hug' being the highly effective cliche we're use to seeing; also, this female isn't a main.

Aug 7, 2011 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
Uh I think the hug was silly. Such an overused scene.

Hmmm I get this feeling Mephisto doesn't really care about Amaimon as much as he does about Rin.
Aug 7, 2011 9:59 PM

Aug 2011
i swera to god manga fanboys are so obnoxious
Aug 7, 2011 10:13 PM

Aug 2011
VannaKatsura said:
OHMYGOD, When shiemi hugged rin, my heart stopped.
I was like, Did she really just calm down Rin Okumura?
Heh, I would really like to see the shiemi and amaimon couple...
Is it just me? :'>
ehh its anime, if people are i the same room with eachother for 5 seconds they get shipped together so your probably not the only one, i mean rina dn eyebrows is getting shiped when theyv not even had a single moment,
Aug 8, 2011 4:19 PM

Oct 2010
whats that crow doing !?
Aug 9, 2011 10:04 PM
Jun 2011
Having not read the manga, I have been enjoying this series. This episode had it's problems, but I felt they were slightly minor overall. I did not like how accepting they were of Rin's identity, but its a 25 episode anime. Unfortunately things are getting rushed. I can accept that, but I know not all viewers can. As far as the cliché of love calming a berserk character, I'm fond of it. Youth fall in (and out) of love quickly. Crushes are always mistaken for love when you're young.

I do want to read the manga now. Everyone, including my boyfriend, keeps comparing the anime to the manga and expressing their disappointment.
Aug 16, 2011 12:58 PM

Mar 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
This episode was pretty wild in the sense of a rocket fight start from last episode to follow. After the fight I got totally blown by Shiemi in the following,

OMG
she is the only one who calm Rin down? Only Fujimoto was able to calm Rin down. This only leads to what many wish for in the spoiler
Rin x Shiemi is now impossible to deny.

^They had an INU&KAGOME moment there xD Hmm...found Shiemi much more tolerable this episode..'o'
Aug 17, 2011 3:33 PM

Dec 2007
I fuckin' hate when the storyline is this much different between the manga and the anime !
Aug 19, 2011 2:17 PM

Feb 2011
I love Kansai-ben. xD Even though this had some filler material, it wasn't bad.
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 19, 2011 6:32 PM

Feb 2009
When reading some comments I am so happy I don't read manga. I can just enjoy this show, even if the storyline or details in the manga differ from the anime. :D

But o well, I enjoyed this episode a lot. The RinxShiemi moment was cute, and I still don't get what Mephisto is up to. Great show so far!
Aug 20, 2011 6:16 PM

Nov 2010
CG said:
Argh. The power of love was ridiculous, among other stuff. How much more overused can it get...

I would've really preferredif they stayed true to the manga instead...

i agree. i liked it better that in the manga Shiemi also didn't know how to react perfectly. it helped her seem more like a real person and was not as cheesey. just my opinion though.
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Sep 14, 2011 7:40 PM

Apr 2011
lol@ chibi Shiemi

I was expecting Mephisto to stop Rin and put him down a few pegs, to show how powerful Mephisto can be, but the generic "Shounen girl" stopping the craze hero, works fine with me. The real drama in this episode was about Rin losing his friends, rather than the process of execution, also was hoping that the majority of the friends (except Shiemi and brother) went with the "hesitation route" and not support Rin to add more depth to the story.

Oh it seems this episode and scene never happen in the manga. Its a good thing I never read the manga, because it might of made me feel bit sadden that the anime adaptation would change the story. For you manga readers, here a tip, treat the anime and manga separately, this way you can enjoy life more.
vansonbeeSep 14, 2011 7:44 PM
Sep 18, 2011 10:36 PM

Mar 2010
Well, I won't say that I'm disappointed or anything, but I got tired of the ''girl hugs main character guy, then saves him from rage mode'' thing a long time ago. Its really played out unless the story is at a climactic point, I think. Well, aside from that 'Paladins' are now equipped with Bluetooth headsets. That's always interesting. Looking forward to the next!
Sep 23, 2011 2:11 PM

Apr 2007
Mephisto was awesome, as usual~
Oct 24, 2011 4:28 AM

Sep 2008
Phooey, not enough people doubting Rin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2011 8:10 AM

Jun 2011
Yeah, maybe Rin x Shiemi will actually come true?

Mephisto got his own agenda, as always. But why is he against his own father (Satan) in the 1st place?
Dec 19, 2011 3:43 PM

May 2009
This was a great great great great episode! My favourite so far.
And Shiemiii ♥

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Feb 25, 2012 6:15 AM

Nov 2010
Impressive actions.
With all the stuff Mephisto done.
I think he wants to be the new Satan.
Mar 6, 2012 3:54 AM
Nov 2011
At least the ever-so-annoying comedy moments are done for. I hope for some seriousness...
Apr 19, 2012 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
Oh god, it'd be so awesome to be a blacksmith.
Apr 22, 2012 3:31 PM

Apr 2008
HiyuuT said:
i dont get why theres some disappointment in not sticking to the manga >_>; whats the fun in an anime sticking to manga like a glue that actually discourages watching the anime/reading the manga dont you think ._.; looks like konekumaru is at least sticking to the script >_> besides i heard amaimon did not appear after the epic rin cut in the manga, in this way they may give amaimon some sort of ending (after the trial, fleeing or dead)

I hate when anime diverge from their manga because I do not read manga. They are inferior visually to anime in every respect, and visuals are an essential component of action anime, which is mostly what I watch. Most mangaka can't even adequately depict action scenes in their mangas and each battle just becomes a confusing mess. Pretty sure that's where the whole calling your attacks/describing your attacks comes from, cause otherwise you'd be 100% lost reading any fight in a manga.

So, if an anime diverges from the manga, that means that's another manga that I'm forced to tolerate and read through to find out the story.
Jun 10, 2012 9:17 PM

Jul 2009
Zzz, Shiemi calming Rin down because of "love" or whatever was lame -_-"
Angel LOL his name XD New Paladin huh? Taking Mephisto to court uh ... that's interesting o_O
Lol the blacksmith ... trying to repair Rin's sword. The Mara demons or whatever were uh ... interesting lol. Well his sword is fixed now. Hmm, I wonder if that means he'll be powerless against Amaimon? Him getting to get revenge should be pretty awesome lol. I actually love him so much XD
Surprising that Konekomaru (or whatever) seems against the idea of helping Rin, but I guess that's to be expected a bit lol. We'll see what happens :P
Jun 23, 2012 7:00 AM

Jun 2011
Oh, so this is all like Mephisto's master plan to do...something.
Jun 24, 2012 1:22 PM

Dec 2008
Blind_Guardian said:
dizzyS said:
Bald Paladin.

LOL! What is it with using "Baldy" as an insult, especially towards men who are clearly not bald? All I can guess is it's a derogatory term for a monk or priest because of their typically shaven heads, but it's a little ridiculous when the paladin in question has 3 feet of luxurious bishie hair :P As the paladin himself pointed out.

I wonder if they'll meet back up with the manga again before the end, or if the whole second season is going to be anime-original. I probably won't know except from the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the manga purists, anyhow.

My guess is that he is actually bald for some reason and just wears a wig for vanity purposes. His reaction to Shura was suspicious.

Anyway, it's nice to see the Exorcist team sticking loyally with him. From this tread, manga readers seem to mention that they turn against him. After all the determination, friendship, humanity and bonding that they've been through, I don't think it would be in character if they turned against him even knowing Rin's identity.However, perhaps the manga had earlier events unfold differently.

I'm also looking forward to finding out Puppet Boy's identity. Could he be a major demon or a high rank exorcist perhaps?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jul 13, 2012 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
I'm interested to learn Mephisto's end game, it's really the only thing keeping this show going at the moment.
Aug 30, 2012 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
Shiemi will die. I hope so.

I like how that Yoshikuni person talks. XD
Sep 25, 2012 4:39 AM

Jan 2012
The plot finally got interesting. Still, I can't believe the exorcists trust Mephisto. That's hilarious.

Jan 28, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2012
Dat beginning, that hug! Either way nice buildup episode, lets see what they'll decide!
Apr 10, 2013 3:28 AM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I got totally blown by Shiemi in the following,

OMG
she is the only one who calm Rin down? Only Fujimoto was able to calm Rin down.

Rin x Shiemi is now impossible to deny.

This. I love how this anime isn't just unnerving us with some vague relationships between potential couples, like many animes do(FMA, lol).

Anyways, great episode, this anime is really picking up for some episodes now. Mephisto is so cool!

Mephisto Pheles, hahahahaaahaha, how could I notice just now, ahahahahahahha :D :D :D He's just epic.
May 11, 2013 6:15 PM

Mar 2009
AWESOME EPISODE! Had a little bit of everything, romance, high drama, history, action, comedy!
Mephisto Pheles is a sliver tongued lying smartass deceitful sonofabitch!
Can't wait to see what happens next-this is getting really good!
IszumiMay 11, 2013 6:21 PM
Jul 30, 2013 11:28 PM

May 2013
Aaawwwh, c'mon, Koneko-hage-kun~~~ You need to give Rin a chance D; We know you're nicer than that, lil kitten, you.
Jun 16, 2014 1:56 PM

Jan 2014
The only questionable thing that really felt out of place this episode was the demon possession at the shrine. There didn't seem to be a point to it.
Jul 28, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
Oh wow, who knew Mephisto was able to so easily persuade people, even with a large smirk on his face during the trial they didn't even question his words, they questioned if he's being smart about this, how dumb of them.
Aug 19, 2014 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
Almost lost it when I heard Sebastian Michaelis's voice on that building... And "Angel" on top of that. Damn, I love that demon. I'll go fangirl in a corner now.

I still wonder on who's side is Mephisto. He's so awesome that I can't trust him.

And I didn't expect them to accept Rin so fast. Felt rushed. Great friends, I guess?
Dec 15, 2014 9:49 PM
Dec 2011
as i Buddhist i am so happy and proud with dub actors they pronounced some words very accurately and beautifully also epic episode ...i am very proud about shiemi ...and i feel for rin....! cant wait to see what happen next :3 i love the way yukio thinks he truly loves and admires his older brother :3
May 17, 2015 9:26 PM

Nov 2014
The twin brother is annoying, he is week and not "the brother" that Rin is needing. Rin needs brotherhood relation similar to that Edward and Alphonso had in full metal alchemist.
Shemi had to hug Rin and stop him while all what the brother could do was aiming with a gun, he could use a lesson or two from their father on how to love your family and support them.
Really nothing annoys me in this anime more than this twin brother - I can't even remember his name :/ -
Jun 20, 2015 12:38 PM
Jan 2012
brazil this episode have 53,08 views per day.
Hum. blacksmith who forged the Kurikara will still appear in the anime?
this episode have excellent story.
have much expectatives for the next episode.
Sep 17, 2015 7:09 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Will they bring him the sword in time?

Oct 30, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2014
What an episode this was.
Amaimon actually looks quite cool, it seems high lvl demons can get bigger when they want to, just like Kuro, Amaimon's demon can too.
I want to see Rin kick Amaimon's ass.
Sanguis said:

Im irked off by the fact they changed it slightly from the manga. I liked it more when his friends bitched at him.

Yeah same here, although that was annoying it was better in a way.
Jul 27, 2016 8:00 PM
Jul 2016
Intense battle scenes really hyped me up. I love how Rin's friends react to him being the son of Satan and how they persist to care for him. Shiemi x Rin is adorable and i'm assuming it'll be cannon as she was able to calm him down like Shiro did back when he was a kid. Phenomenal episode, shit's getting real.
Jul 28, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2014
At episode 15 i thought the show is getting good, now its back to average, didn't like this episode.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

201 by Seraschi »»
Mar 15, 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.