Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 30, 2015 12:35 AM

Jul 2014
I'm glad I'm watching this. This is so intense. Her craziness is purely believable.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Aug 13, 2015 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
what the fuck...

How exactly did Motako's son die? Did he just starve to death because his mother went crazy and wouldn't let him leave the room? Was I supposed to know who Motako was prior to this episode?

This anime is so depressing. ;-;

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 18, 2015 1:39 PM

Feb 2013
Zadion said:
what the fuck...

How exactly did Motako's son die? Did he just starve to death because his mother went crazy and wouldn't let him leave the room? Was I supposed to know who Motako was prior to this episode?

He was bitten by a shiki. You can see the marks on his ankle before his mom takes him into the tub.
Dec 20, 2015 8:22 PM

Jul 2013
Bowl hair-chan is best girl.
gedata said:
Zadion said:
what the fuck...

He was bitten by a shiki. You can see the marks on his ankle before his mom takes him into the tub.
It doesn't work like some kind of snake bitten wound. If you could keep someone from being bitten again, they won't die then turn. I'm guessing he died by starvation or something since she's batshit so it would make sense to make it a rule for not ever leaving the tub.
Mar 11, 2016 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Damn you, old man.
Damn you, old man.
Damn you, old man.
I beat you, old man.

So powerful. 10/10
Motoko Maeda best character!
Apr 12, 2016 4:49 AM

Apr 2009
Finally this episode answered my question of who started that stupid big fire in the village.

9/10 for both these episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
The moment her son's scalpel was revealed ... that got me.
Sad seeing such a caring housewife go into madness, understandable though.

Motoko :(
Oct 20, 2016 2:43 AM

Jul 2008
Just WTF....she was bat shit insane.
Dec 22, 2016 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
What a memorable minor character was Motoko. She basically destroyed an entire town that was already destroyed. All of this happened because of that damn old man.
Both specials are both worth re-watching for next year's Halloween. Even though I watched Shiki a few days before Christmas.
removed-userDec 22, 2016 4:00 PM
Mar 22, 2017 10:12 AM

Sep 2016
enjoyed the fuck outta her crazyness tbh, this was not as amazing an episode as the first special but different enough that it was amazing in its own right.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

May 9, 2017 2:45 PM

Nov 2016
I feel kinda like a douche for laughing at the last 3 min or so. Nevertheless poor Motoko :[

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2018 5:19 PM

Mar 2014
I don't understand. What was that building she burnt down and why?
May 28, 2019 10:07 PM

May 2008
Man, oh man. I think this was my favorite episode of all of Shiki. Just seeing the overprotective mom lose it is worth more than 24 mins! When the boy's scalp slid off, her barely there reaction, and how she tells Kanami "He melted in my arms" like it's not big deal was amazing stuff.

Then seeing how she was there for everything yet no one notices her is even better.

It was messed up how she ratted on Kanami, though. I don't think Kanami would have forgiven her even if she survived. I'm sorta glad we don't see her mom get staked, she was genuinely one of the few good shikis and I liked what that implied.

Mokoto starting that fire, smiling, as she melted to death... Pure gold; truly a memorable scene.

Too bad we never got to see kuso baba die, that bitch needed an on-screen death! (I can't tell if it was as shiki death or not either.) Same with Mokoto's husband.
Jun 30, 2019 11:35 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Motoko started the fire!!!

Joking aside, I felt bad for her as her children were the only thing she had and when they were gone, she had nothing left while everyone else around her did. I wonder if we go back to watch the anime, we’ll see her walking around prior to the fire?
Dec 22, 2019 12:46 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm completely speechless right now, just one episode we get to see so much, a lot of loy threads linked together while we observe this innocent-looking mother turn into a crazy witch that you wouldn't want to get near.
Oct 5, 2020 9:56 AM

Dec 2019
In the end of the special 2 there's an preview saying "till the next week", is it supposed to have more specials?
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Jun 20, 2021 6:17 PM

Jan 2020
An OVA about a crazy woman who actually started the fire in episode 22.

I wonder if that old lady eventually killed by the villagers...

So it seems there's no continuation from ep 22. Shame...
Dec 11, 2021 3:01 PM

Mar 2019
Damn I'm so disappointed to see that she's the reason the forest was set on fire. I still don't know how her son died, he only got bitten once so he should have gotten better.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 17, 2023 12:29 AM
Aug 2018
Damn straight up the better than last ova, I legit cry seeing how innocent grandma looked and how they Get dragged into this, oh how i wish all shiki and village people be like these Mother daughter duo😔😔😔😔 , And Well....fuck you motoko for snitching and thank fk you too for starting the fire as well😩🤣
Jul 17, 2023 12:32 AM
Aug 2018
geekfreak17a said:
RiukixD said:
She really had no luck with her family but how did she let her son die like that? He looked pretty healthy when they started sitting there. Did he say nothing while starving to death? And how did she survive like that until he starts to rot? xD

The only part I disliked was when she told them that Kanami's mother rose. She was one of the few good shikis... :/
non of the shiki was bad non of them changed in personality or anything

OMFG THIS!!!! How are people blind to not see this in comments. My brain cells die literally when people say shiki bad, like bruh they literally the same people just with different body! How in the fucking hell they cheer on villagers as they kill their loved ones
Jul 17, 2023 12:34 AM
Aug 2018
iiKrina said:
I don't understand. What was that building she burnt down and why?

See heard people mentioning that they were hiding in yamairi, so she went to yamairi to burn it, Dont ask why, she's gone crazy at this point , Amd thus she started the fire at the end of anime
Sep 10, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2010
Ah, so that's how the fire began. I didn't really care too much about Motoko. She's the kind of mother that I find annoying. Also, she's such a bitch for snitching on Kanami when she's already coexisting with her mother. I'm glad to see Motoko burn in the end.

I thought she was the reason why Akira survived. I wonder why Iwao spared him.
Anyway, I enjoyed what screen time Kanami and Yoshie had. They are both hot, especially Yoshie, with her hair down. I want to screw them both!
Dec 23, 2023 2:16 PM

Jul 2016
Man, these Specials were simply fantastic. The way such a minor character like Motoko was written was excellent.

Also 1+ for the episode actually making me squirm when Motoko's son's scalp was removed. Goddamn...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

143 by SouthRzVa »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:34 PM

» 9 new specials called Seishin`s Reminiscence?

astra_moon - Oct 8, 2020

3 by frack »»
Oct 29, 2020 4:19 PM

» Shiki Specials Discussion ( 1 2 )

Memphi - Dec 30, 2010

53 by hacker09 »»
Oct 5, 2020 9:54 AM

» Where do these fit?

ronri - Jun 28, 2012

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 18, 2015 3:30 AM

» shiki Original Soundtrack Mini Album Blanc

toons - May 28, 2011

2 by Valentiln »»
Jun 14, 2011 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.