Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2011 1:22 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really an average plot with classic and completely expected ending.

thought it'll be a little more exciting but it was just... poor.
Mar 19, 2012 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
Very good series. Ryo Saeba is definitely one of the most badass characters I've seen in anime. It's true, though, that this ending was lacking something. Instead of two episodes this could have had maybe one more episode. The gunfights were definitely rushed.

Still, a solid 8.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 17, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
About the episode:

Do not kill him, I'm the one who's going to put a bullet through his heart ------> shoot all the guns at Ryo.
I don't remember if there were kills in earlier episodes but in this one he headshots a guy, a bit harder than usual.
Also, there they were at Ys Falcom, I hope someone watches this and knows why they called the ship that.

About the series:

Well I'm not even going to try and analyze the good and bad points of the anime, I would be completely biased if I did so. This show as everything I like, it's oldschool, it follows a good formula, it has comedy and action, it has a great seyuu voicing Ryo, the comedy is light ecchi, and I could keep at it.

That said, I'll give it a 9/10 but when I revise my ratings it could go to 10/10, it all depends on the number of 10's I've given. It's at least a 9+ for me.
Apr 27, 2013 2:00 PM

May 2012
This series was quite enjoyable. Still a bit average, but I never found myself being bored with an episode. Solid 7 from me.
Sep 12, 2013 11:06 PM
Nov 2011
I could not help but notice that Ryou actually killed people for the first time since th first few episode.

Apart from that, the final arc didn't leave too much of an impression. It was still an awfully entertaining show, though, and with very good production values, as well. I can't wait to get started on season 2.
Mar 31, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2009
Once again this episode fails just like when Makimura died, rushed and nothing was really fleshed out. No sense of danger or emotion of any sort. Looks like the show fails when it has a central plot. Otherwise the episodic episodes are pretty good, mostly due to the comedy and some times emotional stories. I was also impressed by the woman in this show, they vary a lot and not you're usual generic characters.
Though I do wish it had more of a ongoing story with the episodic ones which could actually develop the characters, at this point we don't really know anything about Ryo, Saeko and others.

I really love the classic feeling this offers, the goofiness, action and the 80's-90's sexiness of the girls XD
7/10
Aug 26, 2014 5:56 AM
Dec 2011
i love RYO... awesome episode :3 he killed this time like with the episode with MAKIMURA (and one episode before if i remember).. now you if you mess with RYOs friends you eat the bullet :3
Nov 10, 2016 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
The show got worse and worse.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Nov 18, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2010
Didn't really care about these few serious episodes like the previous one with Makimura dying, they are pretty horribly written si the finale was kinda meh. But I did like the other eps, they were fun and it was a long time ago since I binged a show this much even though it could get repetitive it still didn't matter much to me as I enjoyed most eps.
Dec 14, 2018 6:50 AM

Sep 2011
I was mad at first, with the episode trying to appear more serious than what I thought it would be. Let's be honest, this was never truly serious so far, maybe when Makimura died but it was lackluster. I was surprised though; it wasn't ideal, but it wasn't that bad either.

Ryou did kill people, I thought he would never do it, but Kaori was hysterical this time and it felt weird. I know she was afraid of losing Ryou, but it wasn't subtle at all, and it felt a bit over the top. But welp, this first part is over, decent enough I guess. That fluorescent powder, and that woman's armor reminded me of Saint Seiya. lol
Feb 14, 2019 1:07 AM

Oct 2012
Ryou just shot him on the head and he's still talking xD

Weird ending, nothing is solved

I guess it's for season 2!
"Signature removed"
Feb 14, 2019 10:02 PM

Dec 2015
Definitely a classic but nothing great to be expected pretty much episodic pattern with no progress to minimal progress
Apr 15, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
I think City Hunter show doesn't fit being full length serious episode at all and rather suit well mixing serious and comedic moment together and therefore found myself this finale episode bit miss.

Overall my impression of this show is very mixed feeling and really wanted liked this but The first half I enjoyed more or less then afterwards it felt too dry and even taking time method wasn't working for me.

One huge fatal flaw of this show was that episode lacks variation and stays with one theme unlike Lupin III series (which only just another show bares similar) does have little bit recycled plot but still each episode likes to take risk telling very ambiguous plot that makes a breath of fresh air to watch. I think non-filler episode doesn't have this issue.

And also CH appeals only come from Ryou's badassery character but unfortunately side characters always follows very typical troupes. Not to mention the comedic scenes can be over-the-top tbh and waste a lot of time on most episodes.. I have heard that at least the original source(i.e. manga) doesn't have much those slapstick comedy. It could been easily fix this problem if only the show introduced more central complex side characters who appears frequently and refreshing plot imo.

The music's pretty memorable and animation was consistent at its finest. I really liked the 2nd OP song and ED was sure a banger! Great way to finish a episode but does not always suit well.
removed-userApr 15, 2019 1:07 PM
Jun 22, 2019 8:59 PM

Sep 2010
I hope the second season is more serious in nature and not just more episodic episodes with a few two parters thrown in.

I did have fun watching this series for Ryo's antics, but everything was just so repetitive I was hoping this would be more like Gintama where while it is comedic there would be serious tear jerker arcs/moments or we would get some flashbacks about his past. We never got any of that though.

I give the first season a 6/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 28, 2019 10:37 AM

Nov 2016
I agree that most of the time when this series took itself too seriously, it wasn't really well done. Comedy in form of mokkori jokes with a pinch of cheesy badassness are City Hunters forte.

Episodic? Yes
Repetive? Yes
Enjoyable? YES

No matter how often this series tried to pull off the same patterns, I found myself always laughing and entertained by it's charm. And the female characters in this series > waifus you get nowadays.

8/10 overall

And Ryo became one of my favorite characters. Hope the other seasons are as good and that there wasn't a change in the directing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2020 2:32 PM

May 2016
Solid 7 from me as well, the show never bored me heck I enjoyed every episode.
and this last one was pretty good, and after all Saeba killed a lot today make
for episodes before that.
Mar 1, 2022 7:44 AM

Nov 2017
I suppose the studio knew they had something of a juggernaut on their hands since the ending wrapped this two part up, but there's already a preview on the next episode lol.

Glad to see everyone's still alive and safe!~ I think I'll let a little bit of time pass before I start the 2nd season. 'Cause when I start, I'm just gonna keep going until the latest installment (at least that's the plan).

I really enjoyed this anime. I'm happy it can be one of the many anime where I can say, "Yeah, I watched that one!" Ryo and Kaori are a great duo!

Also the 1st OP still goes in!
Jun 5, 2023 12:14 AM

Sep 2018
Best watched, a few episodes a day.

This show is more of a comedy, rather than a serious drama, kind of in the same vein as Dirty Pair. You can barely tell when the tone shifts, cause you're always anticipating Ryo to act stupid or something (plus his "serious" voice just feels like he's taking the piss XD) As far as womanizers go, Ryo has to be one of the funniest, with skills that would put Golgo 13 to shame lol.

Has that old American comedy style to it as well, the looney tunes wacky vibe. 8/10.
Oct 19, 2023 1:23 AM

Dec 2015
9/10 very enjoyable, a bit repetitive, Ryo is cool funny character
Oct 31, 2023 12:56 AM
Dec 2022
Part two of a two part episode. Ryo is angry and agitated with Kaori kidnapped by the gang. Expect plenty of shooting. Plus they ticked off Umibozu too. Good end for the first season.

More topics from this board

» Is the live action 2024 movie worth it?

Fukoku - 9 hours ago

0 by Fukoku »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » City Hunter Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Nov 2, 2009

17 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Episode 3 Discussion

aero - Sep 18, 2009

17 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 25, 3:12 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Sep 17, 2009

20 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 24, 2:59 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Episode 48 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Mar 17, 2012

11 by ANDy342 »»
Apr 24, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.