Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 13, 2011 3:28 PM

Nov 2009
I think Tauburn's pure awesome will-powered engine actually works well in this show, but i just don't know why XD

I have to say the knife made that whole body switching scene worth it (otherwise that was sort of lame after somebody finally used their first phase!)
Feb 13, 2011 4:27 PM

Jul 2010
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's... Tauburn, kicking ass and not coming close to losing, as per usual.

Benio: "Okay, that entrance was really ridiculous."
Never thought I'd agree with anything her character said, but damn, she's right on. Thank you, Benio.

I feel like my IQ goes down with every mindless episode I watch. I will finish this piece of crap if it's the last thing I do, and it just might be. Mizuno, Marino, Sakana, why did you have to leave? This show has just gone downhill more and more since you've left. And those two bitches that've shown up since then only make things worse.

At least Wako and Keito weren't stupid enough to believe that was really Takuto and Sugata - that would have just made things so much worse. Wako with the knife was actually pretty good, and the music in that scene was awesome.

Thankfully, the next episode looks like it might bring something "interesting," or at least as close to interesting as this show will ever get.
Feb 13, 2011 5:29 PM

Aug 2009
I'm kinda going out on a limb here, but I figured I'd say it anyway: does anyone else think that Kou and Madoka might end up being the "real" antagonists of the series? They've had a pretty big influence in all of the episodes since their introduction, and they certainly seem more dangerous than other Crux members, something Kanako had mentioned. They more or less see it all as a game, and are more than willing to engage Takuto and co. outside of Zero Time. This combined with how Head never seemed explicitly evil and how the next episode seems to be focused on him and his (probably tragic) backstory got me thinking this way.

Food for thought.
Ha-cha!
Feb 13, 2011 5:57 PM
Mar 2010
Why is Takuto's plot armor so thick?
"I feel like I can do it, TAKUTO!" So, if he thinks he can do it, he just does it?
Feb 13, 2011 6:22 PM

Jul 2009
Well, the first half wasn't too bad. Some laughs here and there, not bad
Taking over someone else's body is pretty cool. No wonder they weren't acting like themselves in the preview ... Keito slapping Sugata and the knife Wako had were both pretty cool
Fight scene was boring like always ... I mean at least her entrance was cooler. Agree with the class rep person, are they just gonna show off? -_-"
So they follow up a good episode with a bad one ... hopefully next week's should be good then!?
Feb 13, 2011 6:50 PM

Aug 2010
Takuto again pulls out another out of nowhere move but it is what you should expect with this show now. I'm not bothered by it I just think of it this way: He doesn't want to use all those moves and give away his arsenal right at the beginning, so he only calls on them when he needs it.
Feb 13, 2011 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
Awesome episode! The scenes when Wako and Keito realized Takuto and Sugata were being controlled were my favorite. I hope we get to learn more about Sarina in the upcoming episodes because at first she seemed like she would play a bigger role in the story, but has since been pretty invisible. I also like how less important characters who were defeated earlier in the show still get a good amount of development and screentime. Moreeeee Star Driver pleaseee. (=
Feb 13, 2011 8:21 PM

Nov 2007
seriously people don't get tired of crappy villain gets flattened by Tauburn easily every week? another new trick....

that Kou bitch had it coming though ... despite her huge boobs she still somehow reminds me of a guy. their phase 1 lasting longer could have been more entertaining than her getting trashed in zero time. their possession didn't fool anybody though.

really what happened to Keito .... uh doing things to the sleeping Sugata? when is Sugata going to be useful?
Feb 13, 2011 8:25 PM

Feb 2009
herox3 said:
Why is Takuto's plot armor so thick?
Because ‿‿ said so.

This episode was simply fabulous. But I was really creeped out by Takuto and Sugata when they were possessed. Coupled with how Mamoru Miyano and Fukuyama Jun voiced them, it really is creepy(kudos though to excellent voice acting)
Preview burns my eyes but it may be more plot so let's see.

Lol Coke Zero.
And yay Kalafina.
Feb 13, 2011 8:27 PM

Jan 2011
*okay, that entrance was really ridiculous* haha i think anyone would think that after seeing it!,and even though its been stated other times takutos father indeed seems to be the pruple haired guy forgot his name just werid looks exactly the same as he did in his highschool years.
Feb 13, 2011 8:28 PM

Dec 2009
Dude tauburn seems even more rigged than tengen toppa

Feb 13, 2011 10:14 PM

Jul 2009
Epic lampshade hanging.
LOL @ his having to repeat the "incantation" for Tau Missile.
Wako seems to be taking the Tenchi Solution.

On another note,
belatkuro said:
‿‿

STOLEN.
wheresthehandleFeb 13, 2011 10:25 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 13, 2011 11:08 PM
Feb 2009
that was hott
Feb 14, 2011 12:03 AM

Feb 2010
one of the better ep imo even with Takuto plot armor standard win.
Feb 14, 2011 12:39 AM
Mar 2009
HOLY SHIT!! Murderous Wako mode!!

Other than that...this episode was really unnecessary. 6 episodes left and they are still making filler episodes? Looks like there's going to be a lot of rushing.

Woot! Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 trailer!!
Feb 14, 2011 7:11 AM

Jun 2009
Wako just sniffed them out by smell... motherfucking what!? Σ(゚Д゚) And what about rape, i wanna know whether it really happened.

Ah yeah, dunno if i said this before but, i like Madoka. ‿‿
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 14, 2011 8:00 AM

Jan 2009
I so approve of gg putting in that Kalafina commercial.
And I so do not approve of the amount of Wako in this episode.
Needs more Sarina, damn it! щ(゚Д゚щ)

And it's kinda funneh how Tauburn keeps getting these ridiculous upgrades, one after another. Oh well, I like it. ‿‿
OosranFeb 15, 2011 12:39 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 14, 2011 11:26 AM
Jan 2011
Iilia said:
Benio: "Okay, that entrance was really ridiculous."
Never thought I'd agree with anything her character said, but damn, she's right on. Thank you, Benio.

She pretty much took the words out of mouth. I LOL'ed at that.

LightningRamiel said:
I'm kinda going out on a limb here, but I figured I'd say it anyway: does anyone else think that Kou and Madoka might end up being the "real" antagonists of the series?

If not them, someone else. None of the other Crux members are really evil. Even trophy wife Watanabe showed a softer side a few times.

Feb 14, 2011 12:39 PM

May 2010
Lol,I say that the episode was fabolous!

母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母
Feb 14, 2011 1:09 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode. I like the first half, second half was good. And the battle was ridiculously fabulous this time.

Feb 14, 2011 1:45 PM

Aug 2010
ok episode, battles easy as always and tales of the world radiant mythology 3 advert at the end ^_^

Feb 14, 2011 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
Iilia said:

I feel like my IQ goes down with every mindless episode I watch.

Actually that was the first episode I really enjoyed, I think ST ate too many of my brain cells. ST is a strange anime - it's a perfect material to rant, but there is something in it you actually wanna see the next ep. The expactations on this piece were really high, and now everybody is dissapoined with another mecha animu, but still counting on a developement.
Meh, maybe the prevs are promissing enough to lure you. Also, Myinano is a genius and I started watching it and survived really crappy first episodes only thanks to his voice.

Thankfully, the next episode looks like it might bring something "interesting," or at least as close to interesting as this show will ever get.

Hope so. Or it'll be another good preview to average episode.
SnowleyFeb 15, 2011 1:33 AM
Feb 14, 2011 4:15 PM

Jan 2009
This episode was ok, much not much development of the main story. Still looks like next episode is going to be pretty great cause it shows head and takuto's mother.
Feb 14, 2011 6:12 PM

Jun 2009
Tauburn flying? and I thought I've seen it all.

"Okay, that was some ridiculous pose" - I laughed hard.
Feb 14, 2011 7:31 PM

Feb 2010
Xardie said:
WHY IS THIS SHOW SO GOOD

MY GALAXY IS TRULY SHINING RIGHT NOW

THIS.

I'm sick of the 2 girls.... this episode was fun and awesome... but I'm ready to move on.

Luckily...there's gonna be more Head next episode.

See what I did there?
Feb 14, 2011 9:19 PM

Aug 2010
Kanako's Harassment FTW!

... So it was the lesbians' doing.

Takuto was flamboyant as usual.

-

Can't wait for Head's episode next week~
Feb 19, 2011 3:24 PM

May 2008
..for some reason this has got to be the best episode I ever saw xD It's was just a total mind fuck of emotions.

"Keep it straight" Really? Not in those bodies you won't. I expected them to do something while in Sugata and Takuto's bodies >U>

Feb 20, 2011 9:10 AM

May 2010
-Quasar said:
Tauburn flying? and I thought I've seen it all.

"Okay, that was some ridiculous pose" - I laughed hard.

Same here. Her pose is just too fabulous to be ignored. xD

Well, a pretty entertaining episode.

When the cybody turned into a jet, I was like o.o

But when Tauburn also flies, I'm O_O

"Even onions must be punished for making an innocent person cry." LMAO
Feb 26, 2011 4:53 PM

Aug 2010
No explanation from the last episode? Did Sugata recognize that someone was doing something to him......? But why Takuto gave his watch to Wako. And Sugata gave his knife to Wako too so now he can't protect her? She must protect herself? Hmm.... so much question
Mar 3, 2011 4:49 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty funny episode. Hopefully the tittygirls leave soon, though.
Mar 3, 2011 4:20 PM

Nov 2009
anyone else notice how wako said she likes spending time wit them even though its not her birthday? why would she lie about her B-day there must be a reason and i want to no it :) and i hope wako and takuto end up together :)
Apr 24, 2011 3:16 PM

Aug 2009
Wako was fucking badass this episode.
Aug 2, 2011 10:43 AM

Oct 2009
the lesbians are so annoying. too much ginga bishounen on the other side :(.
Sep 20, 2011 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
KeiranShikari said:
Anything you can do Tauburn can do better. ^_^

That womans entrance was magnificent.

nice, couldnt have said it better myself.
ByeByeMrMoon said:
The crying in the movie made me laugh so hard :')

i know, i was slighty hoping sugeta would cry a bit and than wako and tako would be like "WTF!!!!"
Rykimaruh said:
Those two girls look like Team Rocket...never know when to give up after getting their ass kicked. Last episode, blondie got burned and she still persisted. You know by now, if I was part of Glittering Crux, I wouldn't engage on Tauburn...not until I have come up with a plan...really...

i'm guessing their thinking that if they keep this up, his mental and physical energy would slowly go down, enough for them to beat him...maybe

Apr 29, 2013 2:29 PM
Aug 2011
Okay I take that back what I said about women being completely unfabulous when they say they are the ginga bishounen.
Qophite/Kou's entrance was damn fabulous and awesome. Color me impressed.

If she were to team up with Takuto and the both of them would pose together I would give this anime a 10, goddamn.
Aug 25, 2013 5:44 AM
May 2012
FABULOUS that is all.
Jan 23, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
19 eps , 19 fucking eps and hero is still invincible.Story has no progress at all.
Mar 16, 2014 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

He Madoka is increasingly "agitated" when he sees Takuto! XD Instead Wako if he keeps it tightly with Sugata! LOL! X ° ° D
The plot moves very little and this nervous, even more so by reviewing the same final battle! ^ ^ "
At least the narration gives us some funny moments that do not regret much, I hope that the plot resumes to grind kilometers, feels his absence.
Drawings and animations dicrete.
Sep 11, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2012
Very interesting episode, I really liked the turn in events! Very impressive and well let's see what's next!
May 7, 2016 6:19 AM

Mar 2014
Looking good , The Power Trio ~ !! Woman's Intuition perhaps !? nice .
Tauburn penetrates the Crux's Cybodies like its nothing ~ . Invincible as always .
Great Episode !!! Wako being indecisive ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2016 5:40 AM

Mar 2016
There were so many things wrong with this episode.

1. Why would Takuto give Wako his watch with a picture of HIS MOTHER in it?? Shouldn't that be more important to him than some meager birthday gift to a girl who won't appreciate it?? That woman GAVE BIRTH to him and he just gives up his only possession of her to some blonde chick he's got a crush on? Gimme a fucking break.

2. The two bitches snatched the bodies. They had Tauburn in their possession. But they give him up for what? Some MORAL code? What the hell? It's like nobody's even TRYING to beat Tauburn in this show.

3. Wako is still just as plain and boring as she was in the beginning. No amount of singing or episodes devoted to exposition could possibly make her more interesting. In fact, the only thing this does is make her EVEN MORE boring to watch.

I'm sitting here wondering how bad this show's gonna get before I finish and I cannot wait to finally tack this off my "watching" list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2017 6:16 AM

Jul 2008
Wako for worst girl. Sorry indecisive women who string multiple guys along are the worst.
Sep 15, 2021 2:04 PM

Feb 2012
It's Wako's birthday episode.

Takuto probably didn't have a girlfriend in junior high, but no doubt there was some unrequited love with that girl in the pedal-powered aircraft flashback in episode 16.

Ah, gotta snap a photo of Sugata crying. Taking his grief out on the onions, he sautéed the onions too early and without cutting them small enough.

At the karaoke place, Sugata's two childhood friends could pursue their dreams of being idols outside of the island...

Body swap, wish we could see it stick around more than a "1st phase gimmick-of-the-episode". Kate can instantly recognize a personality shift in her crush Sugata and so can Wako (luckil, Wako had Sugata's knife).
Fortress_MaximusSep 19, 2021 11:49 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.