Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2010 6:33 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One more ep..., and no more Yakumo :...(

tsubasaloverDec 19, 2010 6:50 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2010 3:33 AM

Feb 2010
An interesting episode, albeit with a cliffhanger.
Dec 23, 2010 8:49 PM
Oct 2009
I can only assume what is going to happen. The shot is meant for Haruka, but the detective / someone else will step in the way. Either way I still enjoy this show.

Dec 23, 2010 9:08 PM

Jul 2010
This was a very suspensful episode. Today I had rewatched the entire series up to episode twelve and now everything is crystal clear the second time around. I caught things I didn't catch before, which made me love the show even more.

As for this episode, I'm still reeling. The major question is, who did Miyuki Nanase shoot? And did she hit her target? I'm suspecting that she was aiming at Haruka since they had plans on killing her in front of Yakumo before but I have a strong feeling that Gotou pushes her out of the way and gets shot instead (even though my inner masochist wishes Haruka didn't end up saved ALL the time, like a classic cliche damsel in distress).

The look in Yakumo's eyes right before Nanase pulled the trigger made my heart clench. Those last few seconds made the entire show worth while. Now I just can't help but feel that there neeeeds to be a second season because I honestly can't see all this being resolved in one episode...
Go bald, Kurosaki!
Dec 23, 2010 9:37 PM

Apr 2009
:O
sjdfs I want to know what will happen. .___.

And I really want to know who will take the shot. If the shot actually hits someone. Which it probably will...
Dec 23, 2010 11:37 PM

Apr 2010
The most predictable target for that bullet is Haruka or Goutou.

The most UNSEEN target... Nao...

For the sake of nao i hope its Goutou xD
Dec 23, 2010 11:39 PM

Apr 2009
I nearly screamed in frustration by the end of this episode. I really wanna know what happens. It looked like the shot was meant for Haruka but she thought it was meant for Yakumo and decided to try and be all heroic. I kinda think Gotou is the one who ended up being shot though, he seems like the kind of character to be shot at this point. And he tried to keep Haruka from moving anyway.
"Let the power of youth explode!!!!!!!!!!"
Might Guy-
Naruto
"What? You wanna see what's under this mask? Why didn't you just say so? Under this mask is...another mask!! Isn't that cool?!"
Kakashi Hatake-
Naruto-Episode 101
Dec 24, 2010 12:04 AM

Nov 2009
next episode seems epic!
Dec 24, 2010 1:27 AM

Jan 2010
just curious, what did yakumo's father do to nanase in jail?

and yeah looks like gotou will be shot
Dec 24, 2010 3:02 AM

Feb 2010
nice cliffhanger
Dec 24, 2010 6:35 AM

Apr 2010
Ampharos said:
I can only assume what is going to happen. The shot is meant for Haruka, but the detective / someone else will step in the way. Either way I still enjoy this show.
Most likely but i guess we have to wait till next week to find out.
That Haruka was on there hit list was clear since they tried to kidnap her during the last arc.
I wonder what will happen to that little girl and to Yokumo's uncle.
Dec 24, 2010 7:42 AM

Apr 2008
oh my .. someone got shot o-o

it might be obvious who got shot .. but there are 3 possible person

Dec 24, 2010 10:00 AM

Nov 2009
Well, suspenseful indeed. I loved the episode, and Yakumo owning that culprit. Glad we didn't have to sit through the investigation part though. I completely forgot about the car accident.( Excellent 9/10)
Dec 24, 2010 1:30 PM

May 2010
It'd be sad if Gotou got ahot protecting Nao, I'm kinda expecting it though.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Dec 24, 2010 2:28 PM

Feb 2009
I wonder why is Yakumo's ghostly father is tormenting him so? How long has he been dead? Why did he kidnapped Yakumo's mom in the first place? I have so many questions. For the one who got shot Gotou seems to be the unlucky one.
Dec 24, 2010 3:19 PM
Feb 2008
Was he alive while kidnapping Yakumo's mother? That's a far more interesting question. Other than that, cheap cliffhanger and no suspense.
Dec 24, 2010 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
Nao's the best character of this series.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 24, 2010 6:04 PM

Aug 2010
I can't believe that's just one more ep left... I really enjoy this series, and totally love the soundtrack.

Great episode, the case is solved now, and next ep will probably be concentrated @ Yakumo & his father. I guess everyone expected him to be a ghost, but... still sth is weird.Can't wait for the next (last! no more Yakumo! ;( ) episode.
Dec 24, 2010 8:42 PM

Jul 2010
Black_Raven said:
just curious, what did yakumo's father do to nanase in jail?

It looked like he possessed her.

MaxCrazy7 said:
I wonder why is Yakumo's ghostly father is tormenting him so? How long has he been dead? Why did he kidnapped Yakumo's mom in the first place? I have so many questions.

Yeah, his motives are really unclear. Throughout this whole show he's just seemed like jerk of a dad who wants to torment his kid for shits and giggles.

So, I repeat: Yakumo's dad has gotta be taking the worst villain of the fall season award.

Goto: "Wait, you!"
Haruka: "Why are you going after him?"
Goto: "Obviously, because he's running away!"

Haha, gotta love human reflex. The whole situation with Isshin, the doctor, and his daughter really sucks. You have to feel sorry for Isshin. Nao is also affected by his fate. And then it's easy to see where the doctor is coming from. They did an excellent job portraying his piont of view. His daughter's going to feel terrible knowing what her dad tried to do for her - especially since she met Isshin.

What was with Miyuki this episode? She does 57934579345 flips through the air before kicking the police officers? Okay. And then she somehow jumps from... where? onto the roof of the building and dramatically points the gun up into the air (slow motion, of course), then points it at Haruka & co. Right.

Despite the lame parts, it was a really good episode. Much better than the last. Can't wait to see the finale! ^_^
Dec 25, 2010 2:45 AM

Nov 2010
This anime worth a second season, I really liked the whole anime
Dec 25, 2010 7:57 AM

Nov 2009
cannt wait for a next episode... i wish there will be a second season as well... I like those character... Yakumu is really interesting guy and Haruka is quite good match for him...
I dont think so someone is going to die... probably someone will be shoot, but they are in hospital, so help for this situation is close... I dont think Goto will be dead, coz finally they have nao in his family, and she cann´t loose him as she lost Isshin... I´m more afraid of Haruka, coz if she dies, the situation about Yakumo will be more dark... and he will have to fight with his hatred... but she can help him also as ghost, so I m worried about her... i dont want her to be dead...
Dec 25, 2010 11:59 AM

Dec 2008
Holy shit! How long has Yakumo's father been a ghost?
Damn you, Sakakibara-san!!!!
I've just about had enough of Nanase. It's time for her to die.
Dec 25, 2010 1:44 PM

Oct 2010
Awww, I'm so sad. . .the shows gonna be ending. . .I love Yakumo!
Dec 25, 2010 4:15 PM

May 2010
Waaahh ;_;
Who's gonna be shot?
I can't believe the next episode is going to be the last D:
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is such an awsome anime! I rarely saw such a good show :3
Dec 25, 2010 7:59 PM

Jul 2009
Finally, a good episode. Second half was really enjoyable because there was NO HARUKA. They should do this more often!
I like this "bad" Yakumo! He's way cooler lol XD
Obviously Yakumo's not gonna die. Maybe she killed Haruka!!! :D
Hmm, predictions on whether Isshin will wake up or not? :O
Anyways, good thing it's picking up. Might raise the score a bit :)
Dec 26, 2010 11:52 AM

Apr 2009
Forgot about the doctor's parking lot meeting. Nice twist with him that tied everything together. Good episode but the father is still a pretty dull villain as far as motive and goals go.
Dec 27, 2010 3:45 AM

Jan 2010
If that biatch shot Nao, I'm gonna cry. If she missed I will shit bricks.
Dec 27, 2010 12:46 PM

Feb 2010
Yami-chii said:
If that biatch shot Nao, I'm gonna cry.

OMG. That'd be terrible...

My guess is they're shooting for Haruka.. and either Gotou or Yakumo jump infront...

Fantastic episode... only one more left :(
Dec 29, 2010 7:25 AM

May 2010
Now things are getting interesting.

The detective side of Yakumo was good though and it was a bit twist there

since I thought before that the doctor's daughter has nothing to do in this ep.

Nanase with her 3, 4 , 5 no, 6 flips in the air??? O_o

I can feel the tense in the cliffhanger. :)
Dec 30, 2010 2:15 AM

Sep 2010
why his father hate him that much?to kill everyone close to him..
what did he do?
Dec 30, 2010 3:19 PM
Dec 2010
i really liked this episode but hated the ending WHY A CLIFF HANGER i mean it was a good one but now im all curious about what happens next. it dosent help that the 13th episode has been aired and uploaded online but WITH NO ENGLISH SUBTITLES YET
i really hope that yakumo and haruka end up together and maybe a love scene is too much to ask of the last episode?

i wonder if the manga also ends there or if there might be hope for a season 2
AAHHHH its killing me inside T_T
Jan 2, 2011 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
The plot is pretty predictable. I knew the doctor had something to do with Isshin's death!

This anime appears to have something against doctors. There's the doctor whose daughter drowned in the river a few episodes back and now this. It seems the doctor is always the culprit!
Jan 2, 2011 9:34 PM

Dec 2010
Woah, that Nanase Miyuki really loves Yakumo's father, isn't she? Even though he's a ghost and all... What a mad-woman. :/
Jan 4, 2011 6:47 AM

Jun 2008
neji64plms said:
It'd be sad if Gotou got ahot protecting Nao, I'm kinda expecting it though.

Yeah from the whole conversation about Nao coming with them it seems very probable that the shot was for Nao and Gotou jumped in-frond of it. I highly doubt he will die though.
Jan 5, 2011 8:02 AM

Aug 2008
Great episode, I wonder will Gotou be the one who will be shot?
Haruka is still a little bit annoying for me and i'm in love with Yakumo's deduction, how he found that doctor was into murdering Isshin.

I wonder how that will end.
Jan 29, 2011 7:06 AM

Feb 2010
Yakumo showed his true potential as a detective in this ep. The way he investigated and figured things out by himself is amazing.
Plus, he looked like really cool kid in his school life <3

The cliffhanger was intense!
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Jan 30, 2011 6:30 AM

Aug 2009
This episode was so ridiculously bad that it was entertaining.

OrochiPL said:
Nao's the best character of this series.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Mar 11, 2012 10:56 PM

Sep 2011
StarRocker said:
The most predictable target for that bullet is Haruka or Goutou.

The most UNSEEN target... Nao...

For the sake of nao i hope its Goutou xD

Or maybe... all 3.
Feb 6, 2013 4:03 PM

May 2012
Oh boy what a development damn that's a good buildup! To know the doctor put him to braindead... and boy what a great cliffhanger ending! Nice buildup episode lets see what the final episode has to offer!
Apr 21, 2013 2:52 PM

Feb 2011
Dang. That bitch at the end ...

The doctor is added to my "Characters who should suffer a horrible death" list.
Jul 27, 2013 7:18 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was predictable and had a lot of forced "suspense" and even added a cliffhanger to try to be more appealing.

Goto will most likely be shot. It's pretty obvious.
LycanJul 27, 2013 7:24 PM

Aug 3, 2014 7:50 AM

Jan 2014
vivichi said:
Waaahh ;_;
Who's gonna be shot?
I can't believe the next episode is going to be the last D:
May 24, 2015 2:54 AM

Jan 2012
Shit what a cliffhanger,who did she shoot?

Nov 21, 2015 3:19 PM

Mar 2010
CursedD0ll said:
why his father hate him that much?to kill everyone close to him..
what did he do?

I am wondering the same!

vivichi said:
Waaahh ;_;
Who&#039;s gonna be shot?
I can&#039;t believe the next episode is going to be the last D:

Finally someone who thinks alike. I also think the show is awesome cant stop watching
May 16, 2016 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
His dad is a dick from the grave.
Nov 29, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2011
So the dad is a ghost as expected.

The doctor twist isn't too bad but I have a big issue with it.
Previous episode, they said there were no footprints outside and no soil mark inside.
So how did the doctor manage to stab Isshin without leaving traces, especially since he was in a rush, so he wouldn't have time to clean up everything ?

Also the police is still incompetent, but that's pretty much the rule in that anime so this is no longer surprising.
Jun 29, 2021 1:46 PM

Jun 2016
Lol, why did Miyuki aim at the sky first. Had she aimed properly, she could have got another shot off.

Yakumo is turning edgy... oh wait, I hardly see a difference, tbh. Every character is insisting it, so it must be the case.

Jan 5, 2023 3:55 PM

Mar 2019
There are still so many questions left about Yakumo's father.

The cliffhanger isn't that big. Gotou will die by saving Haruka from the bullet and I hate it. It's not worth, please don't do it. 

How is this going to end, how can Yakumo beat his father.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Dec 2022
How loud does the music in this anime need to be? You can barely hear the dialogue because there's an absurd racket playing in the background constantly, even when nothing is happening to warrant it.

Is Miyuki just a mary sue, or are the police in this anime utterly inept at every single thing a person working in the law enforcement field should be competent at? How did Miyuki kill everyone in the ambulance unarmed, jump sixty feet into the air, and then kill an armed police officer? Was it because they all froze up and stood there drooling listlessly so that the living plot device could go on to generate more drama? And how'd she get on top of the building, for that matter?

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

72 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

63 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.