3It was OK
4.5%
2Disliked it
1.7%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 4.5
178 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2008 7:13 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The upcoming war looks like it's going to be insane. 8 whole fleets, 30 million men, 200,000 ships o.O. Yang had a good point about stretching themselves thin which is probably what will happen. Commodore Folk looks to be a foolish warmonger so it may probably end up another case where Yang will have to pull something of a victory out of the clutches of defeat like the first stalemate.

Truniht proves in this episode to be a very shrewd polititian. He successfully beats on the drums of war to get everyone stirred up and then quietly lets everyone else on the council shoulder the responsibility of voting for it. If they win, he wins. If the war brings about economic collapse he can act like he was never for it in the first place.

Sitolet puts a lot of stock in Yang's abilities. I'm hoping Yang could lose some of his laid back attitude and get serious but it looks like he won't change no matter the situation. As long as he performs well I guess it's OK.
tainteddonutMay 26, 2008 8:09 PM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 2, 2008 9:06 PM
Dec 2007
ah the reluctant hero. given the situation, i would guess that yang' is going to reduce the losses inflicted at best, while the ongoing war remains a stalemate. Heck, we're only 12 episodes in anyway :P
Jun 3, 2008 4:43 AM

Apr 2007
Reluctant sounds about right :). Even at 12 episodes things have moved quite rapidly. Plenty of surprises remain.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 8, 2008 11:35 AM

Sep 2007
Looks like Reinhard is going to take this one. Hopefully Fork gets removed from the picture at some point during the battle.
Jan 15, 2009 7:24 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, Fork really pulled a Bush admin stance in that meeting, eh?

"You're either with this utterly retarded plan or you hate freedom!"

How unbelieveble that this cheesy 80's anime character's speech was still more coherent than anything that President babbled at the world.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 18, 2009 11:01 AM

Apr 2009
Cannot wait for the upcoming battle. Its going to be intense, the first real showdown between Lohengramm and Yang. I can already tell that Lohengramm is going to reverse Forks plan back on him, and its going to be up to Yang to save as many people as he can.

Was anybody else yelling at all the dumb people who agreed with the idea to invade? I kept screaming "Listen to Yang, listen to Yang!" Oh well, I guess it takes the defeat of 30 million men to get it through their heads that they cant defeat the Empire like that.

Jul 27, 2009 9:17 AM

Dec 2008
Once again Yang will have to save the day.
Jul 28, 2009 12:23 AM

Jun 2009
Fork=Fail

Seriously, what an idiot. As a soldier, his attitude pissed him off. I can't believe he basically accused Wang of being a traitor. A guy that has done as much as he has, a traitor? Wow! I would have punched the bastards lights out.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 4, 2009 8:31 PM

Jan 2009
Fork's got tons balls to speak down on his senior officer like that. I doubt the guy has even a tenth the experience Yang has in actual combat to say what he did. I'm also in the boat that this guy goes down hard. Also, I pity the people that are near him if/when he does, since nobody should have to be around a guy like that.
Sep 8, 2009 2:15 PM

Jan 2009
I really enjoyed this episode, for me the best episode so far. I loved seeing all the corruption in the HC, and the upcoming battle looks intense.
Sep 11, 2009 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
What a fucking ridiculous guy is this Fork, I still don't understand how Yang let him gave that ridiculous speech without even let out the oportunity to talk, but then again; his personality is very passive, I wish he could strenght out to stand between all the present admirals, since he has the elements to do so. I'm not even counting out the fact of how smart he is.

But really I wish Fork dies of sifilis in the space. Anyways what incomin intense battle eh? Can't wait for it.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 23, 2009 12:39 PM

May 2009
This is going to be insane. I'm looking forward to seeing the FPA crushed by Reinhard, which is bound to happen, unless Yang saves the day that is.

Hehe, I loved Fork's little speech he gave. He's so sure of himself and that his plan will succeed...
Dec 21, 2009 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
Fork sux
period
Apr 23, 2010 11:36 AM

Aug 2008
The conference basically pointed out every stupid thing that was done in the U.S. in the previous administration, especially, in regards to inflation and how the war severely damaged our economy, and why such a senseless war such as the 'War on Terror' was ever fought. Too bad Legend of the Galactic Heroes wasn't super popular in the U.S. before that time. Maybe more people would have been able to see the strings being pulled other than those falsely labeled as mere crackpots and conspiracy theorists.

But the accuracy of how it describes the politics in my own country amazes me, but I suppose that is because while the players and the circumstances change, the logic and the tactics don't.
Apr 23, 2010 11:58 AM

Jun 2008
net_nomad said:
But the accuracy of how it describes the politics in my own country amazes me, but I suppose that is because while the players and the circumstances change, the logic and the tactics don't.

"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same".
May 10, 2010 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
Fork is one hell of a nutcase.. and I loved this episode.
Makes me question our own government's policies and decision making even more.

I hope Reinhard takes eating utensil down.
Jun 16, 2010 3:18 PM

Jul 2008
I want to punch Folk in the face. Yang has one nice temper, I would have gotten really pissed off if someone talked to me like that.

BEGINNER
Aug 21, 2010 4:47 PM

Jan 2010
Yang's so bad ass lol...seriously,he's my favorite character so far :)

wow so Lohengram and Yang will have a clash...looking forward to it ^^,but i hope it'll make more sense than the battle in episode 1...

PS: andrew_fork would be a great username xD
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 31, 2010 9:46 AM

Sep 2008
clannad4ever said:

wow so Lohengram and Yang will have a clash...looking forward to it ^^,but i hope it'll make more sense than the battle in episode 1...

The battle in ep 1 does make sense, but only in the movie :P
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Nov 16, 2010 2:02 PM

May 2010
I can't believe I used to think Code Geass was great...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 9, 2011 7:17 PM

Aug 2010
Shit is about to hit the fan, yo
Jul 30, 2011 5:58 PM
Jun 2011
What a huge battle! It's funny because this happened 20 years ago and I'm just now in anticipation. I felt bad for Yang...he and Reinhard should just take over the galaxy together.
Aug 23, 2011 4:16 PM
Jul 2010
Lebello's a pretty sharp dude, considering he's in a position of power. Good of him to recognize the hypocricy in the war fervor. The people want to win battles, so they vote for pro-war politicians and join the military. When the economy collapses because there aren't enough workers and the war consumes too many resources, they complain about financial problems. Voters want to have glory without any consequences.

During Fork's speech, Yang had some nice 'acting.' He didn't say much, but there were times when he visibly cringed at the mention of a grand crusade.
Oct 23, 2011 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
This was a great episode! I Absolutely loved how the HC first discusses all the arguments pro/contra of an invasion, in the end its only for the next election.

This invasion will end so badly.... But I hope at least Rubinsky gets what he deserves.
Dec 11, 2011 10:59 PM

Sep 2009
That was amazing.
The whole invasion is nothing more then a politican chess move.

I felt so bad for the one Minister who seemed to care about the people more then his job.
Apr 12, 2012 8:19 PM

Feb 2012
I love seeing Truniht's shrewd eyes scan the room to make sure he has his majority while remaining seated himself. I have to give him credit: he's saavy.

I also love how we got not one but two conferences displaying the incompetence of democracy. Yang is right to wonder whether the government of the FPA is better off than that of the Goldenbaum dynasty.
Jun 16, 2012 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
As much as I hate Fork, he does add an interesting dynamic to the show. This show is getting very interesting now.
Jul 22, 2013 9:44 PM

Jun 2013
Fuck the Council. Fuck that Fork! More blood to spill cause of a few greedy, selfish bastards.
Jul 22, 2013 9:48 PM

Jun 2013
Confucius said:
I can't believe I used to think Code Geass was great...
Gotto say, that Geass eye would've been useful in this situation.
Jul 28, 2013 6:54 AM

Aug 2008
I find it silly that this anime has junior officers constantly acting insubordinate to their superiors, how do these armed forces function when this is allowed?
Jul 29, 2013 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
gswelcome said:
I find it silly that this anime has junior officers constantly acting insubordinate to their superiors, how do these armed forces function when this is allowed?

If you are referring to Andrew Falk, there's actually a good reason: he had connections. The Commander of the Space Fleet favours him alot, and he himself is on good terms with the politicians. Notice the contempt Sithole had for him but was powerless to act against him. This actually shed some light on the state of the Alliance military at that point of time, in which the military was afflicted with factionalism, and one faction trumped over the other by getting cozy with the civilian politicians. It was also the very reason why the High Council got to vote on an invasion plan, drafted by the military itself, when you have senior figures like Sithole (the Joint Ops HQ Chief) opposing it. In other words, the Alliance military was doing poorly, and they were only saved by similar levels of incompetence on the Imperial side (before Reinhard shook things up).
Sep 11, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2009
The Alliance's plan seems retarded ... They are just rushing such a large force directly in to enemy territory, it they lose then the alliance is screwed.
Sep 19, 2013 9:52 PM

Jul 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
I love seeing Truniht's shrewd eyes scan the room to make sure he has his majority while remaining seated himself.

Shrewd politician. e.o

Gosh this anime is exciting. I can't wait to see Yang clash with Reinhard.
Oct 29, 2013 3:47 AM

Jan 2011
haha I like how they show 80% of the politicians are such selfish people, but still too generous, I think 99% of the politicians are like this in the real world
Nov 28, 2013 9:01 PM

Feb 2013
Decent buildup for the coming battle. Yang and Reinhard are the only competent people in the whole galaxy it seems.

I suspect the empire is going to do some quick damage to the alliance's fleet... at least I hope so, otherwise it's going to be boring...
Feb 9, 2014 3:02 PM

Sep 2008
Oh my, if I didn't know that this was made it the 80's, I would suspect that they are parodying USA's war on terror. Is Fork going to rename Yang cookies to Freedom cookies in the next episode?

Looking forward to epic battle between Alliance and the Empire!
Feb 9, 2014 5:51 PM

Oct 2010
Tsukaji said:
Oh my, if I didn't know that this was made it the 80's, I would suspect that they are parodying USA's war on terror. Is Fork going to rename Yang cookies to Freedom cookies in the next episode?

Looking forward to epic battle between Alliance and the Empire!

Well, as the series itself says

"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
Jun 1, 2014 4:12 PM

Sep 2012
Can't wait for the next battle, I wonder which one of them's going to win.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Oct 29, 2014 4:19 PM

Mar 2012
The alliance just went full retard....
Feb 3, 2015 3:46 PM

May 2012
A slower episode but still quite informative! Let's see what's next.
Feb 7, 2015 8:38 AM

Aug 2014
I liked that dialogue towards the beginning about a an empire with dumb nobles in command vs. a Democracy with the wrong, greedy people elected. It is fun to ponder about what system of government is better and whether there could ever truly be a good government. I look forward to the next episode because Wenli and Reindhart are about to clash. Lets see what happens!
May 3, 2015 10:46 PM

Aug 2014
If we proceed with the war it will completely ruin our economy you say? Screw that let's continue the way anyway! Gotta love politics.

Good to see some mutual respect between Yang and Reinhard also. Looks like we can expect these 2 to bash heads soon again with the upcoming invasions.

Just how large is the universe I wonder? With just this operation over 30 million men are being deported. The war has been going on for over 100 years also.
May 6, 2015 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, very exciting. 25 billion people in the Empire. There may be upwards of 100 billion people in this universe. How many planets are there?
May 23, 2015 1:52 PM
Nov 2014
Very, very good episode. I absolutely loved the dialogue between Wenli and Fork, very intense lmao. Next episode is gonna be so fucking epic, Reinhard vs Wenli.
Jun 20, 2015 4:37 AM

Dec 2013
Damn that ending was hype! 30 million people is a ridiculously large amount. I wonder how many will survive. I don't think that the Alliance will be winning this battle. The alliance will probably make some retarded decision and then Yang will come and save them and severely reduce the number of casualties.
Jun 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Feb 2015
Fuck fork I hope he dies soon but Yang will properly end up saving a bunch of people because he is the only competent person in their side.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2015 8:54 AM

Jul 2015
Royalirishman said:
Fuck fork I hope he dies soon but Yang will properly end up saving a bunch of people because he is the only competent person in their side.
Aug 9, 2015 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
A fleet of 30 million, seems like the alliance is pulling out all the stops with this plan.
Aug 10, 2015 3:18 AM

Jan 2015
Damn, Fork is everything I hate about the military.

'He's trying to prove his genius with his eloquence but without any actual results. He discredits others to make himself look important. But he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.''
-Sithole on Fork.

Fork is the basically the personification of MAL.
Aug 10, 2015 11:18 PM

Jan 2014
I don't like forks.
But yays, another battle! :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 26, 2008

80 by ryzxgum »»
Today, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Which side had the more compelling cast of characters to you?

bucciest - Sep 21, 2023

6 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:45 PM

» How can anyone seriously think Yang is better than Reinhard?

AR550 - Nov 16, 2023

23 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

62 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.