Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 19, 2010 6:02 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Erza vs Ikaruga was pretty good but it could have been better and Erza finally confronts Jellal/Gerard.
KantonKageXJul 19, 2010 6:06 AM
Jul 19, 2010 6:39 AM

Nov 2009
Horrible episodes. Ikaruga's sword was able to cut everything, and Erza defeated her with her weak swords and friendshipness? This anime's really screwed. So that means if Erza is lonely she wouldnt be able to defeat Ikaruga. Wtf.
Jul 19, 2010 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
That was definitely the coolest outfit Erza has ever worn, it had the very sexy very random looking yet being perfect for her!!

Wonder how they will get of the tower in time, and what the Council will do after they destroyed it.
If they destroy it that is.
Jul 19, 2010 7:54 AM

Mar 2010
That was quite a good episode. Aside from friendship being the key (we have to remember this is a mainstream shounen, guys, that tends to happen) Erza's fight was actually pretty good.

Erza confronts Gerard, and doesn't do half bad. Can't wait till next week.
Jul 19, 2010 8:21 AM

Apr 2009
gmgkng said:
Horrible episodes. Ikaruga's sword was able to cut everything, and Erza defeated her with her weak swords and friendshipness? This anime's really screwed. So that means if Erza is lonely she wouldnt be able to defeat Ikaruga. Wtf.

thats Erza's fights for you =) they always were shitty and will be shitty in the future ( especially next arc i think)
1-2 episodes till the end of the arc..

Finally, i want the next arc quickly.. ( the last good arc)
Jul 19, 2010 9:02 AM

Apr 2010
I'll have to agree that the Erza vs. Ikaruga fight could have been a bit better but seeing that they don't have much time left they couldn't have drawn it out much longer.. It did leave me wanting to see the end of this arc though, can't wait until next week! :)
"I wish, just one more time to hear your voice. One more time, just one more time... Say my name..."
Jul 19, 2010 9:14 AM
Jun 2010
Erza vs Ikaruga could use more frames cuz it didn't feel fluid at some moment, and the end of the fight was stupid. And how the hell did she get out of this blue sphere she was imprisoned in ?

gmgkng said:

I agree, the show is becoming more cheesy lately.

Jul 19, 2010 10:17 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Erza is so awesome.

Jul 19, 2010 10:21 AM

Feb 2009
People complaining about the typical shounen formula of friendship and unexplainable power levels leaves me in despair.

Great episode. I have to agree that the fights are kinda simple and lame but it was already there so blah. However, the music was really great when Erza was talking about her armor. I found it very funny when Natsu asked who "Simon" is. Oh and Happy saying "Shut up" ^^. So we're near the end of the arc now. I hope the theory of the show saving the animation fight budget for the really big fights is true. Still hoping.
Jul 19, 2010 10:26 AM

Dec 2007
gmgkng said:

totally agree! almost every fight in fairy tail is won by having friends that gives the power-up needed to win!
BellusJul 19, 2010 10:30 AM
Jul 19, 2010 11:05 AM

Feb 2010
not the best fight of erza but not that bad people make it here.
Jul 19, 2010 11:52 AM
Jan 2010
Idk why but i laughed when i heard the japanese theme song when ikaruga first appeared.
Jul 19, 2010 12:21 PM

Jun 2010
I really cant stand Sho. People are arguing over the use of cliche things in a shounen anime of all genres, come on now. It was nice, not great but still passable.
Jul 19, 2010 12:48 PM
Jul 2010
DualForm said:
Idk why but i laughed when i heard the japanese theme song when ikaruga first appeared.

^^^ This! I thought the traditional Japanese them for Ikaruga was done very well.

Also, I can accept the obsessed with friends giving you adrenaline part, but unarmored Erza defeating her in one swoop? It should have taken longer. Not to mention, that's been done before - Aria. (Not unarmored them, but still severely weakened.)
Jul 19, 2010 3:26 PM

Feb 2010
Happy: You're heavy...Gray, you got fat..
Gray: Shut it..
LOL

and Erza vs. Ikaruga (sp?) was good but i feel like its not as epic as it was in the manga =/ seems like they really didnt want to add any blood at all in this fight X.X (they should have done the part especially when Erza got cut in the arm in the finale and she was trying to stand while enduring her wound..i thought that was epic)

and love how Happy told them to shut up ^^;

and can't wait for the next couple upcoming episodes ^__^ Hope they make good, animated fights in them :)
Jul 19, 2010 3:28 PM

Feb 2010
and I guess Erza's outfit was cool too :) personally like the new (?) one she used in the next arc the most :P
Jul 19, 2010 3:43 PM
Jul 2010
Oh by the way - we are now caught up with the English-version manga! (even half an episode past -- as the most recent volume leaves us in the middle of Erza/Ikuraga.)
Jul 19, 2010 3:54 PM

May 2008
I actually liked the fight between erza and Iku, it was one of the better fights in this anime and the pacing was fast and cool, plus we got to see Erza's cool purgatory armor.

My only complaint is that it was short.
Jul 19, 2010 4:11 PM

Sep 2009
the Ikaruga vs Erza fight was pretty good :)
alsooooo it was awesome seeing erzas armor's they were cool as :3
wish the fight could have been longer though :3

Jul 19, 2010 4:42 PM

Aug 2007
Finally Erza and Jeral meets. Next episode Etherion...

Well... I will wait. I wont see episode 40. First 39 and then 40. I dont care if it is on youtube.
Jul 19, 2010 4:45 PM

Aug 2008
gmgkng said:

Please be reminded that you're watching a typical Shounen anime. In typical Shounen anime, the only thing the main characters need are the "POWERS OF LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, JUSTICE, AND FLASHBACKS!" to win. Why? The world may never know...
Jul 19, 2010 5:26 PM

Sep 2009
The best episode of this arc (so far).
Jul 19, 2010 8:55 PM

May 2010
Yeaaah... the fight was in a word, anticlimactic. I'm glad we got to see Erza's awesome armor though xD plus it was good that this episode was more about her considering she wasn't really in the last one at all.

Also, is that an Erza x Jellal HUG in the preview?? *gets excited*
Jul 19, 2010 11:13 PM

Apr 2009
Decent, Trinity Raven's final member fights and the entire team is officially lame. At least it led to some good scenes with Erza. I'm eager to see Etherion fire and reveal Sieg's true plan.
Jul 19, 2010 11:18 PM

Apr 2010
It looks like Sho has overcome his mental issues now. I was hoping that Erza would slap some sense into him once she beat Ikaruga, then perhaps give a short but epic speech, but oh well. I'm just glad he's not being annoying anymore :P

I was disappointed with Erza vs. Ikaruga. Definitely the worst battle of this arc so far, in my opinion (Not saying it was bad, just not as good as I had hoped. I thought the others were much better). Still, I always love seeing Erza's various requips :)

I liked what Natsu said about Erza needing to fight her own enemies. I was worried that he would burst in during their fight and save the day. I want to see more Erza battles :3 Though he's rushing to save her (from herself?) now, I don't think he'll interfere too much, other than reminding her of her friends back at Fairy Tail who want her to live...

I was able to enjoy this episode, but I think the last two episodes were better than this one. I hope this arc ends strongly.
Jul 20, 2010 1:31 AM

May 2008
Natsu is a dumbass and Erza vs. Ikaruga sucked~ This becomes worse and worse seriously~
Jul 20, 2010 6:04 AM

Aug 2007
I actually enjoyed the Ikaruga vs Erza fight. It was much better then the Phantom fight where she beat wind guy in one hit flawlessly. At least this time she struggled. Anyway I enjoyed this episode. I enjoyed how Natsu got sick from just remembering he was in transportation and it feels like the conclusion is about to come
Jul 20, 2010 6:38 AM

Jul 2009
Surely Erza's armour is useless if it always exposes her boobs XD
Jul 20, 2010 9:35 AM

Aug 2008
Not bad. I was hoping for a somewhat better fight between Ikaruga (love the outfit. She reminded me of Setsuka from Soul Calibur. This show is becoming way too much about the women for me. *shakes head*

The most interesting thing is the connection between Sieg and Jellal. I want to know what the hell is their story.

Jul 20, 2010 9:39 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, that was some shitty animation. These guys will never do sword fights right. And this was pretty anti climatic, such a shame, after the last great episodes.
Jul 20, 2010 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
I like to think of it this way: she used her armor to protect her heart from other people, but in reality it wasn't helping her at all. Specifically in this case, it just slowed her down. She finally took off her armor and was able to focus enough to pwn Ika. Ika is pretty much useless without her sword since that's really the only power she has. Yeah, it was short but how could it have gone any differently? Are they gonna dodge eachother over and over for 10 minutes, or maybe sword fight for awhile which wouldn't make much sense because if Erza's sword could now withstand Ika's magic then Erza would be an idiot not to have used it earlier. I think the moral of the story here is, 2 swords are better than 1.
Jul 20, 2010 10:26 AM

Feb 2007
This episode was pretty good, i wonder if Erza loses her armor if they get destroyed and if she does how does she make em again xD

Anyways cant wait for the next episode =)
Jul 20, 2010 4:59 PM

Jul 2008
best part of this episode besides erza in all ehrdifferent outfits was lucy being dragged out of the tower, lol
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 20, 2010 5:02 PM

Feb 2010
ugh. Why are these fights getting worse? Episode overall was ok but I do hope they at least make the fights better starting at the fight festival arc.
Jul 20, 2010 7:57 PM

May 2009
Am I the only one who actually liked this ep? Meh, doesn't matter. The next few eps will be epic if they follow the manga (and why wouldn't they?).

And the Festival arc is the best of the manga so far, so look forward to it, everyone. Too bad that the anime is most propably ending after that.
Jul 20, 2010 8:25 PM

Jul 2007
mooglebot said:
That was quite a good episode. Aside from friendship being the key (we have to remember this is a mainstream shounen, guys, that tends to happen) Erza's fight was actually pretty good.

Erza confronts Gerard, and doesn't do half bad. Can't wait till next week.

Completly agree, i find with all japanese anime there are parts of which a have to just ignore, im not going to target fairy tail on these parts alone.

smokes said:
gmgkng said:

thats Erza's fights for you =) they always were shitty and will be shitty in the future ( especially next arc i think)
1-2 episodes till the end of the arc..

Finally, i want the next arc quickly.. ( the last good arc)

Isnt the next arc
which is a horrible arc?
Jul 20, 2010 8:48 PM
Sep 2009
Decent episode. Erza armor-less is awesome 8D

Can't wait to see this arc conclude...
Jul 21, 2010 3:21 AM

Oct 2008
They made this bit more exciting in the manga. :/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 21, 2010 12:47 PM

Jan 2008
Ikaruga lost because she used a death flag, nothing more, nothing less. Absolute attack or defense musn't exist, you just can't cheat with awesomeness. Humble opponent are always the most annoying ones, why all shonen bad guyz can't understand that ? If you go boasting arround about your capacities, you'll get your ass kicken. This is the only absolute law of the universe Weekly Shonen Jump.

More seriously, I think this was a good fight. It was too short, but lack of intensity was also one of Rave weak point. The friendshit bullshit is just a question of self-confidence. Ikaruga's sword could indeed cut everything, but if there is nothing to cut, it's pointless. Erza just stopped relying on powerfull armor and started relying on her own skill. The all on slash kill thing was obviously for the show. This how a samurai fights (in anime), damnit !
Basic shonen fanservice, I don't really see another to go that is this show. Just enjoyable pew pew and good looking characters (and Norio Wakamoto ?).

Oh, and Jellal surprised face was priceless. You're only a second-handed baguy, dude, what did you expect ?

Sorry if some part of this message make no sense, I'm doing my best but one of my many weak point is that i'm born as a french guy.
No one is perfect.
RhyviaJul 22, 2010 4:30 PM
Jul 21, 2010 1:26 PM

Jan 2010
Flippin' love Erza.
Jul 21, 2010 1:33 PM

Apr 2009
Rhyvia said:
. This is the only absolute law of the universe Weekly Shonen Jump.

rofl nice said :D
Jul 21, 2010 10:18 PM

Dec 2008
Screw all the haters, this episode was nice. But can someone explain how Erza got her eye fixed? All of the sudden the patch came of! xD
Jul 21, 2010 10:31 PM

Apr 2010
MeLcHoR said:
Screw all the haters, this episode was nice. But can someone explain how Erza got her eye fixed? All of the sudden the patch came of! xD

lol, I was wondering that too, so I looked it up. Not sure if this really needs a spoiler, but it's manga material, so:
Jul 21, 2010 10:59 PM

Dec 2007
i dont get why all you people are complaining about the fights and stuff.. just enjoy the anime or quite on it, no body is making you watch it!
Jul 21, 2010 11:41 PM

Apr 2010
Well, this is a discussion thread :P

It's purpose is to talk about the episode. What you liked and disliked. I thought this was a good episode, but yes, I was a bit disappointed with the fights. I didn't think they were as entertaining as the previous battles in this arc.
Jul 22, 2010 3:26 PM

Sep 2009
Nice to see more of Erza's armours
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Jul 22, 2010 3:27 PM

Sep 2009
Looking forward to ep 39 :)!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Jul 23, 2010 12:50 AM

Mar 2010
Ikaruga~ <3

Oh my, she always looks so amazing~ <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2010 5:01 AM

Jul 2009
Nice episode, damn I hate it when you have to wait 7 days for the next ep :/ This is like the worst part of watching anime - waiting xd
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Jul 23, 2010 6:17 AM

Oct 2009
This gotta be my favorite Fairy Tail arc so far^^ And Erza's story seems to be the most dramatic out of all the others I seen so far. It's kinda funny how Erza unleashed her strongest armor yet there's something stronger just after that, lol.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

103 by aod-kun »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

186 by aod-kun »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

101 by LightNoragami1 »»
12 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.