Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2017 11:48 AM
Jan 2017
An amazing anime, great characters, filled with superb action ,every episode was epic, i was always entertained and i loved the series, it made me feel so emotional!Im just sad its over now :( But it was definitely worth watching ill give it 100000/10
hichamkab123Mar 4, 2017 8:17 AM
Mar 3, 2017 12:01 PM
Jan 2017
CAMMLAX said:
RileyReid said:
I don't even know where to start...
I think i can just say that i'm sad right now, because I realized I probably won't ever see a finished anime/manga better than this in my lifetime
I must accept that everything I see from now on will never be on FMA tier
Masterpiece/10

For that reason I stalled on watching FMAB for years, so I could enjoy other anime before this one made them seem lacking in comparison.

Nevertheless, I still believe there are plenty of great anime that are at this same Masterpiece level.

Yeah you got that right, for instance naruto ,for me , is as amazing as FMAB, its also a masterpiece, but that's just based on my opinion,point is yeah there a lots of anime out there, and to be honest i hope i can always find ones that are better than the previous so i can live awesome feelings again!
Mar 4, 2017 1:23 AM
Mar 2015
hicham123olikjhg said:
CAMMLAX said:

For that reason I stalled on watching FMAB for years, so I could enjoy other anime before this one made them seem lacking in comparison.

Nevertheless, I still believe there are plenty of great anime that are at this same Masterpiece level.

Yeah you got that right, for instance naruto ,for me , is as amazing as FMAB, its also a masterpiece, but that's just based on my opinion,point is yeah there a lots of anime out there, and to be honest i hope i can always find ones that are better than the previous so i can live awesome feelings again!

Oh you will definitely find another 10 out of 10 for you. Even if other people don't agree with how good something is, your perception is different and you might see things shine where other people don't.

Talking about Masterpieces I even found another one not long after I finished FMAB. We just have to give things a chance and watch them.

Mar 4, 2017 5:34 AM
Aug 2016
The Law of "Equivalent Exchange meant more in the 1st FMA. Ed gives up a lot more then his ability to preform alchemy.
Mar 4, 2017 8:16 AM
Jan 2017
CAMMLAX said:
hicham123olikjhg said:

Oh you will definitely find another 10 out of 10 for you. Even if other people don't agree with how good something is, your perception is different and you might see things shine where other people don't.

Talking about Masterpieces I even found another one not long after I finished FMAB. We just have to give things a chance and watch them.

True i couldn't agree more!
Mar 14, 2017 1:55 AM

Jul 2015
Oh boy. Several times throughout this anime, I almost cried. This was an amazing journey. I'm not gonna lie, when I first started this anime, I somewhat lost interest and took a few breaks here and there, but as I progressed, it took a nice turn and ended up being one of my all-time favorite anime. A bit more romance would have made this anime even better but oh well. Not much to say, really. It is indeed rare for an anime to conclude everything so well, so I'm glad that we got to see a nice conclusion for everyone (surprised that even the side characters got a nice conclusion shown haha). Overall, I give this anime a 10/10. Hope to come across another anime that'll make me rate it a 10/10.

On a side note, are we just not going to talk about the fact that Ed never returned Winry's earrings??? haha jk

And now, the withdrawals begin :CCC

caught in the wonder
Mar 23, 2017 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
I've seen a few episodes of FMA before, so wanted to give Brotherhood a try because of all the hype. It certainly had interesting characters and storyline, but I just can't get myself to give it a perfect score. It's very close, but somehow it didn't captivate my heart as much as other 10/10s for me. My favourite character(s) were probably Ling/Greed.

9/10
Apr 12, 2017 7:43 AM

May 2009
I love how they used the song Hologram at the end. That's my favorite OP theme of FMAB. <3

Had so much fun with this series. 9/10 :D

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 16, 2017 9:06 PM

Jan 2017
is there possibility writer continue their next journey? I mean
Apr 17, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2016
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat it ended without a kiss God damn it, the ending pictures were pretty interesting hahaha Ling as the emperor and Mustang with his moustache.
Apr 29, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
That ending.... the feels.... it's over!!! Ughhhhh T____T

Feeling sad that Ed can't do alchemy anymore but I wouldn't rolled my eyes if the author somehow made a way for him to get it back. Seeing Grumman become Fuhrer President in the end instead of Roy (that mustache though!) or Olivier also felt right. It would be nice to see Roy fill in the spot one day but I also feel like he's a bit too young for the job, same goes for Olivier. I also felt a little sad that Ed and Al are travelling separately. It makes sense considering they're older now but still, it felt a little lonely when they revealed their plans. Then there's Ed's confession... so true to character that it made me LOL but it was so cute. Really liked seeing him older (and taller!!). Also love the family(?) portrait at the end. Ed's kid smiling and looking exactly like him was so damn precious.

I haven't read the FMA manga and IDK how similar or different this series is in comparison but I have seen the older FMA series... and seriously, that one doesn't even compare to Brotherhood. I totally understand the #2 overall ranking this anime has on MAL. I just finished watching this and I miss it already.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 3, 2017 3:18 AM

Apr 2016
I was postponing the series for so long since i watched the 2003 version and thought it's just gonna be a remake, so I wanted to forget 2003 version as much as possible..
But then I realised that these two are really different. I remember that 2003 version left some very negative emotions, however FMA:B is absolutely amazing.
This final episode means end to such a great story, and it is so sad. However, this is the best anime happy ending I've ever seen! So much feels..

I feel connected to all the characters so strongly that I can't imagine how I am gonna survive next several days without them. But I feel infinitely happy that I was able to touch this masterpiece.

Goodbye Fullmetal Alchemist. That was unforgettable.

P.S. Amazed to see that 7 years after being aired people still watch it. I thought I'd be the only one for the last n months ,-p Well, it just confirms that FMA:B is a masterpiece.
May 13, 2017 3:16 PM
Apr 2017
To Be Honest i just don't get what was so good about it.. Maybe because i watched it in english, i somehow ruined the experience. I-I just failed to so what was so deserving of that 9+ rating
May 13, 2017 3:20 PM
Apr 2017
And yeah some might say im weird cause i dropped code guess.. i loved it i just cant finish it cause of spoilerish reasons
May 17, 2017 12:27 PM

Dec 2008
I liked it, there was good closure, but having been overly familiar with the plot and its many elements, I have to say I only enjoyed it slightly more than the original anime adaptation.

Basically the first FMA cleared up a lotta holes I would not have gotten unless I somehow read the manga at the exact same time as the show was airing over 10 years ago. So it was nice to already know whom, for instance, the needle moustache faced mine town tyrant form the state was, because there was no explanation in the show, or the manga I am assume.

Sadly I would have rated Brotherhood higher IF it had come out all those many years back. It would have instilled some much needed ideas into my head. But I never lacked for access of goodly knowledge or proverbs to live by through my life, and as good as Brotherhood was, it could have been better and was by no means a masterpiece or in my top 10 list ( maybe in my top 20 list? * shrugs *) .

So I give FMA Brotherhood a solid 8/10, and this is high praise indeed. PE@CE
May 18, 2017 6:40 AM

Aug 2015
Posting this in 2017. It ended perfectly. Masterpiece indeed. I have hard time starting anime these days specially long running anime but I finally finished it. It was in my PTW list since 2012.
Jun 14, 2017 5:26 PM

Mar 2017
You know a show was good when it has you feeling "well now that the show is over so is my life pretty much"

One thing about it still doesn't settle right with me though. Ed lost his alchemy for literally no reason. His dad offered his life, Ed refused and gave his alchemy instead, but then his dad dies anyway shortly after. Bologna :|

Still, the ending was great. Of course like with any good show I want more, but this ending was pretty damn good.

But now I'm SUUUPER curious about FMA1
like I'm not going to watch the entire thing because it would just make things confusing, but I want to see how it ended and started and stuff.
Jul 2, 2017 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
Great great show, I absolutely love how they ended the episode with them showing Ed and Winry's kids aswell :)

Compared to FMA2003 this show definitely had more to it, the side characters had more screentime / significance in the show.
It had amazing fights, the bad guys, especially King Bradley was one of the better antagonists I've seen.
Everyone came to love Greed and Scar throughout the show aswell.

Solid show, really entertaining after sitting through the first 15ish episodes that were basically shortened episodes of the frist half of 2003.

Also one of the better ways to end the show :)
10/10 from me.
Jul 11, 2017 4:59 PM

Jun 2017
GAAAH! Such a good ending! I loved every second of this episode!

I loved seeing Al back in his body, he looks so healthy now! It's incredible how much he and Ed have grown! I loved the scene with Gracia and Elicia!

That Edwin scene at the end was the best thing ever, I love those two!

Those pictures at the end wrecked my heart, I'm happy that we got such a good ending and sad that it's over!

Jul 31, 2017 6:44 AM

Jul 2017
Probably the most heart warming final episode I've ever seen on any anime. Masterpiece of an anime!
Aug 24, 2017 2:15 AM
Feb 2017
Omfg where do I start?!!
What's wrong with you ppl? All I can see is posts about how good this anime was and how sad yall gonna be cuz apparently yall arne't gonna find something as good as FMAB. Am I the only one who's totally disappointed and mad of all the bs in this anime. Not a single episode was entirely satisfying... maybe the one when they tell the story of how the brothers childhood was:

- The first time Ed and Al fought with Scar it was clear they had 0 chance of wining. The second time tho, They were going easy on him? WHAT? And on top of that They were using him to lure the homoclus so they could capture them? WTAF! Arent they supposed to be focusing on idk maybe staying alive..

- When king bradly was injured, he had a stone and a fucking doctor right next to him, instead of asking him to heal his wounds which was gonna take probably like 5 seconds? He decided to sacrifice the doctor instead. Well done dumbass. And whats up with the way he got stabbed anyway? like the big snow nigga can move at sound speed or wjat? He reached bradly and pierced him through the old man while he was still in midair. Bitch ur not that fast and even if u were, u have a fatal injury. GTFO

- And when they captured Envy they be like, you know whats gonna be a good idea? take him back to the emperor so he could learn how to make them stones. its not like human lives matter to us right? Then theyll be preaching on how human lives are sacred and shit. Talking about double standards. jfc

- Oh not to mention Lin and May and their stupid logic: lets make the emperor immortal cuz when that happens hes gonna retire being emperor and yeah we gonna be the next ruler of china. Which surprisingly worked somehow.

- Not gonna forget about pride the stupidest character of all time: when he refrained from attacking cuz he didnt wanna hurt kimblee I was like there must be a good reson behind it but no he wanted to fucking eat him. SERIOUSLY! Whats one human soul gonna make any difference bitch. you dont seem like you got any stronger huh...

- In ep 1 when they introduce kimblee you think this guy is badass. He has to be right? But no! He suck at fighting and he got bit by a kimera. kys man

- And the father! OMG gets betrayed by his greed and decided to make a new one cuz u know im not as smart as yall thing i am...

Man this anime was disappointing asf theres alot more i wanna say but Im lazy to type more. Every single character did some stupid shit.. theres few moments that i liked as well so i think a 6 or 7 would be fair.
Aug 31, 2017 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
So i just finished the brotherhood version, and now i can tell that the finale is slightly different from the 2003 version, in 2003 version Nina revived back to life as a Homunculus but in brotherhood it didn't happen because Scar killed Nina's father. But anyways Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the Anime Masterpieces that i've ever watch, the story is amazing so many plot twists, amazing character developments like Scar who got change of heart after meeting new people, and i just love the love hate relationship between each character, even i feel kinda sad when that scum Envy died.

Happy Ending is always good, Roy Mustang became the fuhrer president i hope he ends up marrying Risa Hawkeye they gotta be canon i ship them so much, Selim is back to life although he has friggin' nipple on his head, Lin Yao became the Xing Emperor, Al got his body back, and the family potrait at the end made me speechless and apparently Al ended up with May Chan, i'm so happy for them. FInally everyone lives happily ever after.

Overall score 10/10, a masterpiece indeed
Sep 2, 2017 5:54 PM

Jan 2014
NAKAMA POWAAAAAAAH !!....!!......

huh.

Not gonna lie, that was a pretty good and entertaining series. Ending wrapped up everything pretty well. However, there were some things I didn't like. Some of the ideas weren't something too spectacular as everybody says. But executed pretty well. The conclusion (final fight etc) was a bit disappointing too, even tho the build up was huge.

However, I loved the atmosphere. Also the characterization for some of the characters were kinda meh, but for some of them great development while story goes on.

I ended up entertained 8.5/10.
TapuTapuuSep 2, 2017 6:13 PM
Sep 7, 2017 9:39 AM

Jan 2015
I just finished rewatching this for like the 3rd time. It's an anime I can pull out again and again and thoroughly enjoy. There are scenes I will always cheer at, and scenes I will always cry at. I know some people here have bitched about the happy ending, but I just love it, wouldn't have it any other way.
Sep 16, 2017 9:01 PM

Mar 2017
Just finished this for the first time. My god, the last 15 episodes or so have made this one of the most epic shows I've ever seen, with quite possibly the best ending. It's 5am now and I am too hyped to sleep xD
Sep 17, 2017 5:14 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, that was quite the ride! The final episode was a great way to end that adventure, showing what everyone was up to afterwards. And that proposal. 10/10, I would definitely recommend this anime to everyone!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 4, 2017 8:16 AM
Dec 2014
The show started slow but the last episodes was well made it's a 8.5/10 to me.
Oct 14, 2017 10:36 PM

Jul 2013
I can't call it a masterpiece. Don't get me wrong, it is a really good series. However, it suffers from two major problems.

1. It gets way too "shounen-ey" at times. The very first episode was terrible because of this. It took a few episodes to fully gain its legs and flow well. It certainly hooked me after it got going, but even after that there were several moments throughout that took me out of the show.

2. The climax was rather ridiculous. "I'm going to contain God inside of me with all of these souls." There's such a thing as trying too hard to be epic. The show was already great. It was already epic. There was no need to escalate it to a boring "I want to become God" motive for the main villain. This made me completely lose enthusiasm at the climax of the show.

Each of those is a point off for me. If not for those two things, it would be a perfect 10/10 masterpiece.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 12, 2017 1:20 AM

Apr 2017
This is a perfect anime I have ever watched so far! It is well-adapted and has no flaws. The ending was so satisfying. I am very speechless, I don't know what to say. Definitely one of the best shounen anime, I mean the best anime of all. I would like to thank studio Bones for remaking Fullmetal Alchemist, it did not make me feel disappointed from the start until to the final episode, the OSTs were also fitting and perfect too.

As for this episode, after defeating the evil God, everything turned to be peaceful. All characters made their dreams come true. Edward and Alphonse were happy to be back to their homes. Edward also took a confession for his love to Winry. Afterall, they had two children. It reminds me of Trisha and Hohenheim's family picture.

For the final thoughts, this anime will always be in my heart and I will never forget this. I feel so great after watching this anime. Once again, it is a very perfect adaptation and it deserved more love and the highest rated anime in MAL. Pure masterpiece!
JerryKen10Nov 12, 2017 1:36 AM
Nov 13, 2017 9:37 PM
Mar 2017
I don't post on discussions often, but for this show I have to make an exception.
This will stick with me forever, as probably the greatest anime ever created (in my eyes). I started this off thinking it's going to be average at best, but not was I proved wrong (Quickly too!) Around the 3rd episode my entire outlook on the show changed, and I realized why it was so well ranked.

Im going to end this on a good note to make sure I don't ramble on too much.
This anime will always be in my heart, and I will never forget it. I feel so great after watching this, it's like my life is over, but in a good way! :)
Nov 29, 2017 1:30 PM

Nov 2016
This turned freaking great after episode 34. Before that was a 7, after that was a 9, and the last few episodes solidified it as a 10. I preferred it to 2003 as this had a much better conclusion.

Also this is how you do a final enemy correctly (looking at you Soul Eater)
Pixel_VapourNov 30, 2017 12:43 AM
Dec 31, 2017 6:30 PM
Dec 2017
amazing ending. I really hope ed finds a new way to use alchemy or some form of it!

But even without it, he can fight very well.
Jan 3, 2018 5:29 PM
Jun 2015
An amazing ending to an amazing anime. Loved how all the plot twists were addressed. Brilliant
Jan 28, 2018 8:55 AM
Aug 2017
A heart made fullmetal <3<3

10/10 love it!
Feb 17, 2018 12:12 PM
Mar 2017
For those who told Ed "a dwarf" ... (obviously I was not one of those ... v :)

More than 8 years passed ... is there any news of a sequel?
And in the Manga?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 17, 2018 12:14 PM

Aug 2017
FireCrauter said:
For those who told Ed "a dwarf" ... (obviously I was not one of those ... v :)

And in the Manga?

why would they make a sequel
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2018 10:04 PM
Mar 2017
FireCrauter said:

And in the Manga?

why would they make a sequel

To see the trip of Ed and Al
East and West...
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 18, 2018 4:56 PM
Feb 2018
just rewatched it and it was perfect rewatching it this time understanding the lore and world better makes this ending so much better.
Feb 24, 2018 11:33 PM

Jun 2017
That was such a phenomanal story. I give this a 10/10. Just outstanding.
Feb 25, 2018 2:48 PM

Aug 2014
The last quote from Edward, man it was something...
Mar 2, 2018 4:45 PM
Mar 2018
Is it just me or Edward gets taller by the end of the episode? And muscular
Mar 7, 2018 6:10 PM

Jun 2017
sakurag1h said:
Is it just me or Edward gets taller by the end of the episode? And muscular

well it did take place later so it makes sense
Mar 16, 2018 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
Fantastic finale. It concluded the arcs of all the living characters and wrapped everything up in a nice bow.

That Ed x Winry moment was too sweet. Such a nerd using equivalent exchange to propose.

I started to tear up at the ending shots. This past week has been a small journey for me as I marathoned every episode. But as it has been stated, the end of a journey is the start of another.

Perfect.
Mar 27, 2018 1:02 AM

Dec 2014
Definitely memorable. I'm glad I watched this although I put it off for a long time and was told over and over to watch it.

I loved how so many characters had a meaningful impact, it makes the world that much more enjoyable and more REAL to me.

The music coming in around the end was so perfect and everyone cheering Ed on was so damn iconic.

Been a while since I've seen a series like this and it won't be forgotten.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Apr 4, 2018 9:58 AM
Feb 2016
I just finished this anime for the first time, it was the best anime I have ever seen. I’m still sobbing right now. 100/100 they had 2 children and al got together with may Chang maybe? I’m so happy and sad. I have a sister and we both watched it together. I felt so close to the characters and related so much. Amazing. That’s all
clown president general plue
Apr 5, 2018 2:01 PM

Oct 2009
Very nice ending to an amazing show.
Apr 22, 2018 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
A final that closes all the open issues with lots of photos with the protagonists and their progeny, but it was better if instead of doing two episodes at the end the authors would have made a nice special to close this anime series. One of the best anime of all time, does not leave unsatisfied.

9/10
Apr 27, 2018 12:23 AM

Jun 2017
Best ending I have ever seen in an anime..

I am pretty late I guess..

LOVE YOU FMAB..
Jan 21, 2019 2:56 PM

Jun 2015
that was spectacular, had me occupied and interested the entire time. i can totally see why it's #1 as of right now, im wildly impressed and i could find almost no dislikable character other than tucker.
loved how at the end they ended up marrying and having kids of their own (grown up may is cute), satisfying ending.
gonna miss it, this will be the second 10/10 im out to give.
Jan 23, 2019 10:46 PM

Jun 2017
Loved it 10/10! I'm gonna miss watching this, but I loved seeing how it ended and I'm glad it was a happy ending.
Pages (20) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 9, 2009

357 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 9, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - Aug 2, 2009

211 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 9, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jul 19, 2009

196 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 9, 5:23 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

135 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

619 by Anak_meong_zero »»
May 8, 6:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.