Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2008 6:23 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is just growing more and more bittersweet. Hope this all wraps up well.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 21, 2008 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
wait... ahiru took off the pendant but didn't turn into a duck?!
Apr 19, 2009 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
Definitely the best episode of the series. I've watched it 4 times and I cried each time. the part when he said he'd stay with her even if she stays a duck forever is so sweet ;_;
Jun 27, 2009 3:48 PM

Jul 2008
hirahira said:
The part when he said he'd stay with her even if she stays a duck forever is so sweet ;_;

I was happy, too, when he said that. :')

And it looks like Mythos has his sword back (as well as a random wardrobe change!)
KryptoncatJun 27, 2009 4:21 PM
Jul 2, 2009 5:13 AM

Jan 2008
wolfsrainXD said:
wait... ahiru took off the pendant but didn't turn into a duck?!

She was clutching it the whole time, I believe. =)

Totally adored the Fakir x Ahiru moments in this one. Pure Cuteness. <3

Mytho has been quite cool during the last two episodes. I was always wondering whether the two birds which symbolized the sword would come back. o.o

I'm soooo excited about the finale!! ö.ö

Feb 10, 2010 8:49 PM

Oct 2009
I wonder if Drosselmeyer knows about Uzura.

I'm actually nervous about the finale...I hope it really lives up. They can screw this up easily, but I want it to give me that "wow" factor.
Mar 1, 2010 1:15 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was incredible! I was very moved by Fakir's devotion to Ahiru. It's interesting but it feel's like Rue and the Prince's story is within Fakir's and Ahiru's. Both stories have different villains: The Raven and Drosselmeyer.

The way this anime/manga was crafted was well thought out and well executed.

That said, I am VERY nervous to see how this all turns out. Will I be satisfied? Will Ahiru ultimately remain a duck? Ahhhhh... onward to the finale.
Jan 19, 2011 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
Kryptoncat said:
hirahira said:
The part when he said he'd stay with her even if she stays a duck forever is so sweet ;_;

Count me moved at what he said as well!

Ah the penultimate episode, I admit that I'm the third poster in succession here to be nervous of the finale. I somehow feel like I don't want this series to end.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 17, 2011 2:27 AM

Apr 2011
tofei said:
Kryptoncat said:
hirahira said:

Ah the penultimate episode, I admit that I'm the third poster in succession here to be nervous of the finale. I somehow feel like I don't want this series to end.

I was inconsolable when I heard that. All of my Ahiru Fakir shipping was vindicated.
Jun 11, 2011 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
Ahiru and Fakit's pas de deux.....the movement, the music, and the words/exchanged were absolutely amazing. And as the posters above stated, Fakir's devotion to Ahiru is heartwarmingly moving.

As things are now, I feel as though I'll be holding my breathe throughout the next and last episode.
Jul 10, 2012 2:47 PM

Jun 2009
tofei said:
Kryptoncat said:
hirahira said:

I'm nervous as well. The final episode is the moment of truth here, depending on how the episode goes it determines whether it's a 9 or a 10. Also, the Fakir/Ahiru dance was beautiful.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 29, 2013 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
Fakir > Mythos.

I hope he continues to write stories. Honestly, Duck should of fell for him.
Jun 5, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
Amazing episode, just beautiful. I'd say it was just perfect. The Fakir and Ahiru moment was nice.

Mytho with his powers back as a prince. Hoping the finale lives up to this great episode. Could potentially be one of the best finales of all time.

10/10 for this episode.
Jan 19, 2015 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
Well guess I was wrong about the whole confession thing. But this was still very well done. The storytelling in this series is fantastic! But what Drosselmeyer said at the end about Mytho sealing his heart again...does that mean that it's a constant circle story and that there is no end (And there are many girls in the monster raven's stomach I guess :p)? But poor Ahiru she has to stay as a duck :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 12:01 PM

Dec 2010
Wow, this episode was amazing, probably my favourite episode of the whole series. Couldn't help but be moved to tears after hearing what Fakir said to Ahiru.
Aug 26, 2015 8:18 PM
May 2015
Honestly, re-watching this series was the best decision I've made. The whole series itself is a master piece. I don't even know why few people only knew this.
One more episode(watching from the dvd), and it will end. I felt a whole lot of emotions because of this.

And Fakir devotion was the most heartwarming thing I've ever heard.

MusashiRose said:
This episode was incredible! I was very moved by Fakir&#039;s devotion to Ahiru. It&#039;s interesting but it feel&#039;s like Rue and the Prince&#039;s story is within Fakir&#039;s and Ahiru&#039;s. Both stories have different villains: The Raven and Drosselmeyer.

The way this anime/manga was crafted was well thought out and well executed.

I couldn't agree more. Oh how I wish there were more anime like this nowadays. This anime deserves more attention and an award.
Jun 5, 2016 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
The brilliance of this anime lies in the way it effortlessly breaks common tropes and switches the roles of the characters from one to another. In the first half, the prince Mytho was pretty much the proverbial princess, having being saved by the 'prince' Princess Tutu by gathering his heart pieces. Rue, the supposed antagonist, Fakir the fallen knight. Its amazing how the characters have changed from what the story had made them to be initially, how they have ignored the momentary feeling of self-happiness and defied fate.
Now all they deserve is glory, and hopefully the final episode should be nothing short of amazing.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 1, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2015
Jumped here because I can't follow the 26/38 episode rules anymore.

Hmm so about 60% of what I've been guess at the first half of the story were true, Drosselmeyer is the real villain while Rue is just the misunderstood person and their role actually switched. Well that was quite a twist, but not really a mindblowing one for me, I somewhat disliked how they do with Mytho characterizations, but well how they do the best shipping may cure my dislikeness quite bit, I guess.
Fakir x Tutu and Rue x Mytho FTW!!
Aug 2, 2017 11:31 AM

Mar 2017
So this is how it'll end... gosh, I am a sobbing mess over here. But maybe that's only because I drank too much. :P

I really hope that the bittersweet ending will be more "sweet" than "bitter". But I think as long as either Rue or Ahiru can be happy, I will be happy too. And Fakir was really sweet in this episode.
Jul 8, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2020
Mytho getting back into his old groove was awesome to watch. The scene with him summoning the sword was pretty cool.

Also, I like Ahiru x Fakir as much as the next guy but I do they spent more time developing their relationship.
Nov 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Apr 2017
"Something so small and fragile accomplished this"

I don't know why, but that part made me tear up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Awesmoe - Apr 3, 2008

143 by WisperG »»
Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.