Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2008 6:29 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Things are getting really creepy now.
I wonder if the old man and the old woman are connected to Johan, or they were just brainwashed by him.
Sep 17, 2008 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
lol yeah it's really creepy
i think that old man is Frantz Panobarta
Oct 23, 2008 3:14 AM

Feb 2008
This is getting creepy, and REALLY good. Time to finish this show off.
Dec 29, 2008 9:51 PM

Jun 2008
its really good now...pretty sure the old guy's k poppe as well..
Apr 10, 2009 5:54 PM

Jul 2008
The rain doesn't help the situation.
May 4, 2009 1:09 PM

Oct 2008
Tenma will arrive to the town in bote :)

I think Roberto is here too.
Aug 15, 2009 9:02 AM

Jul 2009
Maybe the old man is Franz Bonaparta? It's become like an island cut off from the outside world in a mystery novel now 8|
Zell182Aug 15, 2009 9:30 AM
Aug 30, 2009 2:31 AM
Jun 2009
Old man is definitely Franz Bonaparta, I think Johan is going to try to kill him. O_o
May 29, 2010 9:37 PM

May 2008
The worst thing about these last episodes is that they are truly possible... They're just showing the worst of human nature, that unfortunatelly lies within everyone of us.
90% of Anime is shit, but then, 90% of everything is shit.
May 30, 2010 7:02 PM

Sep 2008
I'm glad to see that Mamiko Noto is okay. If I see more of that puppet lose, I'm going to kill him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2010 7:23 AM

May 2010
kurotera said:
The worst thing about these last episodes is that they are truly possible... They're just showing the worst of human nature, that unfortunatelly lies within everyone of us.

Yeah.. I can't imagine a town massacre happening from those events..

Also, Lunge, you never failed me of your being keen observer!! :D

We're close to the end.. *feels the sudden rush of excitement*
Oct 22, 2010 10:22 PM

Jun 2009
God damn, this is creepy as hell.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 21, 2010 2:10 PM

Mar 2010
Oh wow things are really starting to go down

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 21, 2011 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
D:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 19, 2012 2:31 AM

Oct 2009
It's da final showdown! braaap! ^^
Feb 23, 2012 1:30 PM

Jun 2011
lunge is gonna cause some trouble here
Mar 22, 2012 3:11 AM

Mar 2009
Lunge was very observant.
Jun 13, 2012 6:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Creepy old couple!

And were Nina and Tenma always this close or is it the fellowship in the face of the danger that is Johan?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 1, 2012 7:15 PM

Nov 2009
I actually don't hate Lunge anymore, its weird but there you go.
Nov 25, 2012 1:02 AM

Mar 2012
It's about to go down. Also, those three kids are kinda douches.
Dec 21, 2012 11:49 AM

Feb 2012
OMG this episode.

About Episode:

Seems like someone started real riot in that town. And those Old man and Woman are surely suspecting kind of people. I also think that old man could be Klaus Poppe. or Bonaparte.

Lunge also seems to know something was definitely wrong with that old man. So now we know what Johan tries to do.. Create same situations that was created like in Kinderheim 511 and Red Roses Mansion.

Nice to see also Tenma figured out what that postcard picture was when lipsky told him about it. And now he is also going to Rurenheim. And yeah those 3 kids are really annoying.
Jan 30, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
Somebody please kill that creepy old couple. Anyway, shit is going down fast.

Feb 28, 2013 10:38 AM
Aug 2011
Your husband's shoes are dirty as if he was walking in the rain.

That's Lunge for you.
Apr 29, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
The guy who shot the cop is definitely Roberto.
May 9, 2013 3:08 AM

Oct 2012
Shivers. Masacre has started. So I was right.
This was so creepy. And the rain - gloomy atmosphere, island cut off from rest of the world, truly perfect prelude to the end of this show.
Aug 23, 2013 11:19 AM
May 2012
That rain made me feel like I was watching a horror movie and Lunge is pretty awesome now.
Nov 8, 2013 12:16 AM

Jul 2009
amazing episode :D

tbh i thought Franz was Conrad then he get's killed out of nowhere. i have a feeling Franz is the one that keeps shooting and trying to escalate the town. though i thought Johan was supposed to do this?

poor Wim, i hope those stupid kids die a horrible death. seriously everyone here is paranoid for some reason. reminds me of Higurashi and the Hinamizawa Syndrome incidents!!

the waitress girl has a creepy laugh! now that Wim's drunkard father has a gun and probably will go a shooting spree.

I'm glad Nina is alright!! finally we get some background info on Franz Bonaparta. glad Lipsky is alright! he seems to be attach so match with the Nina like doll :)

man Lunge managed to get ahead of Tenma for the first time!!
"A Restful Home" i wonder how did Lunge managed to decipher this so early? did he get accessed to this book?

those old people irritated the hell out of me. serious acting like they are all innocent and shit. fucking bastards.

now we will see the supposed Domino effect just like Hinamizawa Syndrome! i wonder how Lunge and Grimmer will survived this!!

5 episodes left!
Dec 13, 2013 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
The perfect suicide, eh, Johann?

And yeah, the pounding rain and feeling of isolation definitely gives the viewer the impression that something dark is looming over the town. It kind of reminds me of The Shining.
Dec 24, 2013 9:04 AM

Jan 2011
looks like Nina wont go to Ruhenheim for the final showdown, pity
Jan 8, 2014 5:45 PM

Mar 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
I actually don't hate Lunge anymore, its weird but there you go.

I never hated him. he is awesome, I don't want him to die :(
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 15, 2014 5:12 AM

May 2013
These last few episodes have been a fascinating study of human nature. As soon as that couple won the lottery numbers and started to become paranoid of everyone around them I knew where this was going. It ties back to one of the core themes of the show, and the tactic that underlies pretty much all of Johan's strategies: fear. Humans are suspicious creatures; we often see the worse in others, are always concerned about ourselves, and often feel that the world is out to get us, when in reality it's all in our heads.

Seeing the town slowly break down was tragic in it's own way, and it required very little effort to shatter the peace that had once pervaded the place. Give some people a little extra money, a few guns here and there, and the people themselves will do the rest. Fear can cause the most normal of people to do the most barbaric and horrifying things. It's appropriately creepy. The rain, the unnerving silence of the town..the atmosphere is prefect.

Also, Tenma and Nina have really become close. It kind of feels like both might harbor some romantic feelings for each other. True there's a pretty big age gap, but it's not like that kind of thing never happens in real life.

Lunge has grown on me...a lot. Having he and Grimmer work together is great.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 21, 2014 4:53 AM

Oct 2013
That couple is giving guns to everybody haha,the massacre is about to begin, can't wait.

May 1, 2014 9:32 PM

Dec 2012
The eerie and creepy atmosphere from the earlier parts of the series is back. I had some seriously crazy chills when Nina mentioned that Johan was trying to achieve the perfect suicide. Runge is so awesome when he just sets that old couple off about the shoes, but now I'm worrying for him.

I'm not sure if this was intended, but I feel like the second ed's song resonates with A Restful Home.
May 31, 2014 9:05 PM

May 2011
once again, Lunge is as observant as usual.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Sep 8, 2014 4:40 PM

Mar 2013
I didn't see anyone else mention it in here, so I'm gonna do it myself: That old guy with the beard and glasses managing the hotel... doesn't he sound just like (an older) Klaus Poppe? Seriously, I think he does.

If he's Klaus, it would sort of align with that picture book story that we heard about in this episode. Because he is seemingly being a good person now, taking care of that hotel and all for the townspeople. Just like how the thief in the story became a good person and settled down. And from what Lunge and Grimmer discovered, Klaus haven't been in that shady house in a long(?) time and didn't finish many of the paintings in there, which would ALSO make sense with the picture book story. Because after all, the thief forgot how to steal after interacting with the villagers...

Well, I dunno. Could entirely wrong. We'll see. I've only got five episodes left to watch.
Jan 3, 2015 11:28 PM

Feb 2013
Harlequina said:
I didn't see anyone else mention it in here, so I'm gonna do it myself: That old guy with the beard and glasses managing the hotel... doesn't he sound just like (an older) Klaus Poppe? Seriously, I think he does.

If he's Klaus, it would sort of align with that picture book story that we heard about in this episode. Because he is seemingly being a good person now, taking care of that hotel and all for the townspeople. Just like how the thief in the story became a good person and settled down. And from what Lunge and Grimmer discovered, Klaus haven't been in that shady house in a long(?) time and didn't finish many of the paintings in there, which would ALSO make sense with the picture book story. Because after all, the thief forgot how to steal after interacting with the villagers...

Well, I dunno. Could entirely wrong. We'll see. I've only got five episodes left to watch.

Huk. This is actually a plausible theory. 5 eps left, I'm not readyyy :"
Jan 22, 2015 11:31 PM

Mar 2014
This was the first episode that genuinely felt creepy to me throughout the whole show. It was done well. That old man has to be Klaus. I wonder who the shooter is.
Feb 6, 2015 12:19 AM

Nov 2013
Wow. Some serious shit's gonna go down soon by the look of things.

Is anyone getting Shiki vibes? Outsiders arrive in a small town? People dying and disappearing? The townspeoples' sanity slowly slipping away? God I love Shiki. This just takes me back.

Awesome episode. Only 5 episodes remain...

9/10

Apr 4, 2015 4:10 AM
Nov 2014
Things just keep getting better and better.
Apr 26, 2015 12:17 PM

May 2014
Wow. I'm fucking done. I'm marathon the rest of this tomorrow. I won't be able to do anything until I see the end of this.

I'm now sure that the old manager is Franz/Klaus.

"Perfect Suicide" eh? That sounds odd.

The only two people left to join this city, are Eva and Roberto, and I'm sure that Roberto is the shirtless guy in the preview.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 29, 2015 9:11 AM

Nov 2013
Whatever happens I'm glad the dynamo duo are back ~~~ LUNGE AND GRIMMER SAN ♫ bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do when they come for you ♫ yeeeehh
Aug 28, 2015 4:13 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, I thought it was good before, it's really getting good now.

5/5
Sep 5, 2015 1:13 PM

May 2012
holy shit this is going downhill fast
Sep 9, 2015 1:40 AM

Dec 2013
Looks like some serious shit is about to go down!
Sep 28, 2015 11:43 AM
Sep 2015
This is getting really intense! In the final stretch.
Dec 3, 2015 3:37 AM

Sep 2015
I feel really sorry for the police officer. He didn't deserve that at all. No one does...

It takes a true monster to kill someone like that with no reason whatsoever...
But I'm not sure if Johan is the one killing. Doesn't look like it. I guess it's one of his puppets, although he's definitely in town.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2013
That town is doomed.
Oct 25, 2016 10:39 AM

Jan 2016
oh boy shit is about to go down!! only 5 eps left LET'S FUCKIN GO!!
Jun 15, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2015
In my opinion, this actually felt like the most horrific episode of this show so far. I was shocked when the Mother*cker old grandpa just got off his wheelchair. Yep, you can't trust anyone in this anime "If you don't want to be betrayed anymore, then start by doubting the person you want to doubt the leas" - Lunge

It is thought-provoking to see how this "peaceful" town is starting to turn against each other, quite rapidly I might add. There must be one hell of a climax coming...

MrAM said:
These last few episodes have been a fascinating study of human nature. As soon as that couple won the lottery numbers and started to become paranoid of everyone around them I knew where this was going. It ties back to one of the core themes of the show, and the tactic that underlies pretty much all of Johan's strategies: fear. Humans are suspicious creatures; we often see the worse in others, are always concerned about ourselves, and often feel that the world is out to get us, when in reality it's all in our heads.

Seeing the town slowly break down was tragic in it's own way, and it required very little effort to shatter the peace that had once pervaded the place. Give some people a little extra money, a few guns here and there, and the people themselves will do the rest. Fear can cause the most normal of people to do the most barbaric and horrifying things. It's appropriately creepy. The rain, the unnerving silence of the town..the atmosphere is prefect.

Also, Tenma and Nina have really become close. It kind of feels like both might harbor some romantic feelings for each other. True there's a pretty big age gap, but it's not like that kind of thing never happens in real life.

Lunge has grown on me...a lot. Having he and Grimmer work together is great.
This AF...

Tchami said:
I feel really sorry for the police officer. He didn't deserve that at all. No one does...

It takes a true monster to kill someone like that with no reason whatsoever...
But I'm not sure if Johan is the one killing. Doesn't look like it. I guess it's one of his puppets, although he's definitely in town.
+1

Jun 19, 2017 1:37 AM

Oct 2012
Those bullies won't know what will hit them :P

I wonder how Johan got these people as his ally
Evil old man and old woman, maybe that was make-up?

Looks like Lunge figured it out too easy
But those stareee.... Jiiiiiiii~
xD

Now I'm just looking for a certain fat man, let's call him "R-san"
He must be there 100%
I'm just waiting here to see how he died
Rayl1ghtJun 19, 2017 1:40 AM
"Signature removed"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
Today, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
Yesterday, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

201 by tectacles »»
Yesterday, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

88 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

625 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 29, 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.