Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
A lot of chatter again mostly for preparing an opening ceremony. Rimuru explained hs ideas in the most Rimuru way possible.

Compared to the previous "meeting" episodes, I found this one more entertaining due to Rimuru's personality. He seemed geninueley passionate about the topic. The talking segments did extend longer than I had expected but I think it's a recurring trend this season.
Jun 21, 8:04 AM

Dec 2021
Damn the new OP and ED are really ass lmao. OP is kinda unique, but the song itself is terrible.

With the battle against Hinata and the Crusaders finally coming to an end, the residents of Tempest are now busy preparing for the Tempest Founder's Festival. Rigurd is preparing invitations for world leaders, Vester is getting ready for a presentation on his research, and Shion is apparently preparing something in secret.

Meanwhile, Shuna asked Rimuru to take her to Engrassia to recruit Yoshida, a skilled patissier from the same world as Rimuru. In the midst of these preparations, Rimuru visits his old acquaintance, the merchant Gard Mjöllmile, to brainstorm ideas for creating "entertainment that people will want to come back to again and again."

The only saving grace for the ED is that the goat MindaRyn, is behind it—nothing else because it's also a slideshow lol...

Jun 21, 8:03 AM

May 2020
Yeah, it’s always one of the two things, either meetings or festivals. Former has been on a loop since the first episode and will be, going forward, though as it has been the pattern in this series, you get some kind of celebration after every half-dozen episodes. We reached the quota, so that’s why this founding festival thing. They would again do something something, we would again have Shion food jokes… but all of that would come when Rimuru would wrap up his meeting with Myormiles.

Like seriously, how long was that conversation? We know he’d do a good job managing things, so let’s just leave it at that lol. It’s not even funny how while aiming at an intentional humour during a business conversation, they’re failing miserably every fucking time. Quite possibly the worst one this season… exposition and character interactions are fine, but not to this extent. New OP and ED, and they're as forgettable as all of its predecessors.
Jun 21, 8:09 AM

Nov 2021
Sometimes we don't need action we need this type of interaction episodes between characters which really pleases us. I mean it's better than previous meeting episode at least.

The new op is unique but kinda ass. I liked the old op and specially the old Ed so much.

Even though I want to see battles in the episodes of tensura, I can't deny that it's also nice to watch small events like meetings or even festivals. That's why I really like 'The Slime Diaries', because you get to see the stories of Rimuru's subordinates and other people in Tempest. It's just nice to see how they interact with each other and with the citizens of Tempest when there are no battles happening. Though this season seems to be an endless loop of meetings and festivals even if it's good for world building. Sometimes even I get tired of the constant yapping.
-AcheronJun 21, 8:44 AM

Jun 21, 8:26 AM

May 2020
A nice and relaxing episode this week
pretty fun and wholesome
cant wait for the next ep

Jun 21, 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
That new opening sucks. Ending is generic but I don't mind it much, but that opening song's bad and while different visually, makes this look like a filler arc in some ways.

As far as the actual episode goes, its a fairly tame setup episode for the Festival now that the Seven Days Clergy and Holy Knight issues are put to rest and Rimuru's got quite some ambitions for his utopia to be even grander in terms of entertainment beyond just a relaxing resort kind of vibe. The second half's talking segments did drag out a lot for me and get really. really boring but it actually wasn't too terrible at least for the first half with different settings at times shown, and a sense of progress being displayed in different areas as festival preparations are taking place. I just wish this anime made interactions a lot more meaningful and interesting to watch, Rimuru's personality feels like it should be adding some flavor but it just doesn't, especially in that second half of the episode which was an absolute slog to sit through compared to the start.

Not the worst episode of this season's Slime by any means, but given how bland the opening and endings are, it does kind of accurately set the tone with how I am feeling about this season and about the anticipation and expectations for this Festival arc, which is not very high.
Jun 21, 8:36 AM

Mar 2011
I guess I'll be one of the few who really like the new OP, especially love the new ED.
Jun 21, 8:38 AM
Jul 2023
Don't see why this is so praised. Reincarnated as a slime? More like reincarnated as an exposition dump meeting.

inb4 "it's faithful to the source"
Jun 21, 8:55 AM
Apr 2021
The opening song is like the ending song, there is no action scene to be found. This episode is just another meeting episode with two people in one room with tea ☕ and biscuits. 🍪
Jun 21, 9:02 AM
Apr 2022
Sasuga Ainz-sama I mean Rimuru-sama
Jun 21, 9:06 AM

Oct 2018
New festivals arc, new OP - END, new animation vibe. Love it
Jun 21, 9:12 AM

Apr 2012
i wish i skipped this1, literally pointless
Jun 21, 9:13 AM

Dec 2022
well after hearing about the Elf slaves i thought about adding Brothels in Tempest but i guess thats out of the question especially when Rimuru himself cant enjoy it and who the f would work at the Brothel
but a Gentleman's club isnt out of the question and Rimuru also went to a club so its not out of the question i can imagine the dryad being the bartender

anyway my thoughts aside we got new ed and op also a huge colosseum wonder if they would scale it
Jun 21, 9:16 AM
Jul 2020
I remember, having mixed feelings about 2nd season. It is masterpiece compared to 3rd season.
How did they manage to make something so tedious and boring.
Jun 21, 9:19 AM
May 2021
looks like meetings and fillers fill almost 50% in this series.... i hate those
Jun 21, 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
Tensei Slime is already into its 2nd Cour, and Momoiro Clover Z's OP is quite unlike everything that the series has to offer so far...it's not a bad song, but it does not fit the series. MindaRyn's ED is easily passable, almost too much on the Slime Diaries side.

Tempest readying for its festival preparation, and Rimuru has Yoshida, a reincarnated pâtissier, to help out evaluating Shuna's food, which she receives his seal of approval. The slime himself having to deal with Mjollmile who's having Viscount Kazak to discuss about taking in elves as slaves, and in the presence of the Great Rimuru, it's a non-negotiable effort that is otherwise warranted. Rimuru wanting to open up a fast-food restaurant at the behest of Veldora, and asking Mjollmile for help for talented people, he knows not to mess with the slime after he saved his life, it's a return favour.

Taking things further, Rimuru wanting Tempest to be a tourist city for all, it's not a lofty ideal that can be done to appease all kingdoms and increase traffic and business to the Great Forest of Jura. Lots of ideas spring forth between the two, from arenas to colosseums that can carry in the tens of thousands, Rimuru knows that Mjollmile can handle it all in this grand project, especially when there's money involved, even when the suggestions are all off of the former's head on the spot.

Another visit to close up the chapter on the Seven Days Clergy and sendingout more invitiation, though the gathering of the Demon Lords still fazes one of his subordinates.

Great, meetings for festivals now, keep them coming I guess...
KANLen09Jun 21, 9:27 AM
Jun 21, 9:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A festival to celebrate the countries re opening is a great idea. Cute new OP to mark the start of the second cour. Talent scouting is important no matter which world you're in. When it comes to the cooking arts Shuna is unmatched. Having a major crime boss in your debt really can be useful at times. Overall a pretty calm ep that served to allow Rimuru and team to set things up for both the festival to celebrate Tempest reopening and his reveal of his new status as a demon lord to the world. Which is a nice change from all the action we seen. The ending's focus on Shuna was nice but the art looked weird.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 9:37 AM
Sep 2023
KeyzGames said:
looks like meetings and fillers fill almost 50% in this series.... i hate those

These are not fillers. So far, everything has been canon.
Jun 21, 9:45 AM
Jan 2021
Sigh, we are back to meetings again. More meetings until we have a tournament that will only be 2 or 3 episodes and then they will end it with more meetings?. Are they doing this on purpose or something?
Jun 21, 9:48 AM

May 2010
A conversation like this wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't padded to hell. (the: 'ooh, good idea' x10, 'oh so smart' x10, 'i knew you'd think like me' x10.. etc etc)
The meat of the conversation without the padding end up being ~10 lines.

1. Rimuru: Hey, merchant guy!
2. Merchant: Hi, Rimuru, come sit have tea.
3. Rimuru: So, I'm planning on a festival to announce my demon lord status.
4. Merchant: Oooh, That's quite an undertaking. I suppose you are here to ask for my help?
5. Rimuru: I was hoping you'd take care of various things, such as restaurant staff, logistics, etc etc
6. Merchant: Sure i can do that. How big of a crowd do you expect to attract?
7. Rimuru: I'm planning on building a colosseum that can hold 50k people of various walks of life. Ofc they all require lodging and sustenance. A few of my own fill work in the various places but we require a big more help.
8. Merchant: hmm, hmm. I can help with that. I'll contact your officers/secretary to coordinate and promote the festival among my contacts.
9. Rimuru: That would be great, Thanks for your help!
10. Merchant: No problem! I'll get right on it.

+- ~5 min of the episode.
Jun 21, 9:50 AM

Oct 2017
New OP/ED already, both were okay but the visuals were good. That was Shuna in the ed visual? Quite a unique take on her look. As for the episode Rimuru's making prep and negotiations are going fine. Gimme more Hinata.
Jun 21, 9:54 AM

Feb 2019
Time for a new OP and Ed.. I think they’ll grow on me. The OP visuals at least are awesome, just think the song is very slice of lifey which probably isn’t what people want rn.

I’m telling the anime onlies rn who come here every week to complain about worldbuilding, yall might as well take a month off of the show because for the next 4-5 episodes it’s gonna be worldbuilding. So if you don’t like it and want the action, come back around the end of July.

As for the episode itself, I thought this was one of the best and most fun set up eps they’ve done yet. It wasn’t just sitting at tables or boring headshots, nice use of motion and Rimuru and Mjollmile’s conversation in general was just better than the previous ones. Nice fun tone and introducing things like fast food, training venues, the martial arts tournament etc are all just great ways to generate revenue and good will for tempest.

It’s a real life policy too that a lot of cities implement when having events in order to entice people to come back and spend money on future visits. Mjollmile with his expertise would be a great chief financial officer for Tempest.

“Yuuki was worried about you” aye of course he was, the fucking rat 😂

Had fun with this one and can’t wait to see how preparations for the festival go next week. Announcing Rimuru to the world as a demon lord, AND showing he and tempest just want peace is a great idea.
Marinate1016Jun 21, 11:00 AM
Jun 21, 9:54 AM

May 2018
Of course even more meetings xD

Not too sure about the animation style this episode tbh
Jun 21, 9:59 AM
Jun 2024
im just really excited for this whole tempest festival thing
Jun 21, 10:05 AM

May 2022
new opening, showing how things will unfold and play out in future episodes. The grand jura forest festival and match, and of course Yuusha Masayuki's first appearance which I'm also looking forward to.
It also seems to show how there is a dungeon and at the very end there is a waiting Veldora, this is really up to the rimuru dungeon story later.
The tournaments held and others at this festival that I have been waiting for since I read the manga.

Jun 21, 10:15 AM

Jan 2018
New OP and ED. The OP is... unique. Don't think I've seen this type of anime OP before. And is the ED focused on Shuna? Didn't expect that. Kinda cute tho. I am gonna miss the old OP and ED a bit tho. I liked them.

So, this is going to be the start of a festival arc it seems. Sounds interesting. I'm most interested about the colosseum.
Jun 21, 10:22 AM
Jun 2020
The new OP is really nice, and the hype for the festival is real! They managed to create an atmosphere which makes you think that the festival is not something in fiction and you're actually going to attend it! Might be one of the few times I enjoyed an SoL episode so much in an isekai.
Jun 21, 10:27 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow I wasn’t expecting a new OP and ED already, but makes sense since we’re in a new arc, and I gotta say I love them both already, don’t think I’ve ever heard Momoiro Clover Z but I really liked that song along with the visuals of the OP, and hell yes they got MindaRyn back for the ED, I didn’t recognize it was her when I first heard it but it’s a really chill jam and I love those Shuna centric visuals, the drawings don’t look quite complete but I love the style and that it’s set in modern day, I think I like this combo of songs more than the first cour.

And yeah, this episode is as a lot more meeting with different people and discussion the upcoming festival, I was at least warned this time so at least I’m not expecting “peak slime” when it was in fact not lol, but I’m ngl I actually liked this episode quite a bit. And it’s not just because of how they moved locations and once again showed what they were talking about (sometimes), I really liked the way they showed the different recreational activities Rimuru came up with, but I think it’s mainly because I am a big SoL guy and I loved Slime Diaries back in Spring 2021, and this arc is already giving me big Slime Diaries vibes, I think I can already tell I’m gonna like this arc more than the letdown that was the first one. Also, Rimuru scheming with Mjöllmile is more entertaining than the conference table any day of week lol.
Jun 21, 10:30 AM

Dec 2019
Was bored by it but this ep felt more in Slime's wheelhouse with festival building and city management than with bad villains and fake tension/drama. A little more animated at times which was nice and looked a tad more vibrant in the first few mins than a lot of the other episodes collectively. Mjollmile and Rimuru's convo was what made me more bored by it but its better seeing this kind of Slime Diaries-esque environment than trying to be more serious, which the show's absolutely terrible at.
Jun 21, 10:46 AM

Nov 2023
I could not have imagined a better first episode for the new cour!
Now that the fighting is over, it's time for some recreation (both in universe and for us).
This episode got me excited for what's to come, as all first episodes should.

Also, NEW Opening and Ending!
I loved the art style for both of them and I'm sure the songs will grow on me too, as the previous ones did.
Jun 21, 10:46 AM

Jun 2019
An amazing episode. From the production standpoint, this was the best episode of this season. Brilliantly directed and storyboarded. It was perfect how well they adapted it being an episode with a lot of negotiations and talking. It was really well done. Also, the new OP and ED are amazing. I love them so much.

Rimuru's plan to promote his city is in full action and it seems like he will take a lot of help from others in that. Can't wait to see how this plays out. But, again it was the best episode of the season, both visually and story-wise.
Jun 21, 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
New OP and ED, Op visuals are lovely with a lot to unpack and I like the song a bit, ED I'm glad MindaRyn is back and while the visuals are cute I don't particularly like that art style / char design that much.
Jun 21, 11:30 AM
Apr 2008
As usual some of you are as sensible as a rock when it comes to art. This is the first well made episode this entire season. I hate the western anime community with passion.
Jun 21, 11:36 AM

Apr 2018
The people complain so much about chatting will never last watching an ep of monogatari series
Fight for All That's Beautiful in The World !

Jun 21, 11:40 AM
Jan 2022
Basically felt like a slime diaries episode. Which I do like, the casual stuff from slime is nice feel good stuff but I do hope the main show won't go into an entire arc that can be considered soft filler.
Jun 21, 11:46 AM

Nov 2023
Rimuru just gathering his future companions in this episode.

Btw, he is planning again to reconstruct his organisation.

Well that's what Tensura is basically ..
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Jun 21, 11:47 AM
Jul 2015
I feel like a lot of people have mistaken this for a battle shounen anime somehow. Like yeah, there's a lot of talking and storytelling. That's what the series is about.
Jun 21, 11:49 AM

Jan 2024
Rimuru was extra cute this episode holy <3
Jun 21, 11:57 AM

Mar 2023
This was better than all the other meeting episodes before it. I'm still not happy with it, but at least the directing was good enough to not bore me, so it was ok..
The issue is that the setup for the festival will likely take quite a few more episodes.
This looks like the most tame volume so far, almost a SOL volume.
Jun 21, 11:57 AM

May 2021
literally became a sitcom with ambitious angles. rimuru did look insanely breedable tho ngl. thought I was watching slime diaries for a few mins ngl. op was kinda ass, doesn't fit this series and ed was literally slime diaries material. shuna slideshow is a W ig.

wholesome but this is NOT beating the snoozefest allegations on anitwt!!!
Jun 21, 12:05 PM

Nov 2019
A chief from another world cannot leave his restaurant, because he might go broke. Shuna makes a cute face and the chief says that if she makes a meal that surprises him, he will go. Just imagine, guy is ready to destroy his bussiness, because an unknown woman is able to cook. If she can do it better, then why do we need this guy?

Seriously, why do people say this show has a great worldbuilding? It's insanely childish. Everyone is friendly and welcoming, even demon lords. Deals go smoothly, there are no stakes and all villians can do is scheming. When it comes to biting instead of barking, they are revealed to be pathetic. Heroes are way to overpowered. Rimuru doesn't have much to rule over, because his 30 genius subordinates do the whole job. I'm sure that orcs will build a giant colosseum with no crunches, underpayments and strikes. This is a kids' show, a city-building simulator on an easy mode.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Jun 21, 12:14 PM

Aug 2021
downfall was real , truly ungraceful
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jun 21, 12:20 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to Ares912
The people complain so much about chatting will never last watching an ep of monogatari series
@Ares912 You might be right, but I just finished watching the entire series and I can tell you Monogatari does its talking scenes way better than this, there is constantly stuff happening as whoever is talking monologues.
Jun 21, 12:20 PM

Aug 2019
fun stuff this episode. i love how rimuru is like a carefree silly person who many fear as a demon lord :D
i feel like something with yuuki might happen at the festival but im hoping that rimuru and his people can have a break for now.
yuuki did say to lay low for a while but you never know if an opportunity too great to pass up presents it self

butt
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 12:21 PM

Sep 2014
Did my eyes fool me or did Von Stroheim reincarnate in this world?!

Am I supposed to remember the merchant dude?

Surprised they walked around while talking instead of just sitting at a table while talking. Its the little things. Like changing location for meetings..

lame OP
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 21, 12:21 PM
Oct 2018
Mad respect to those who have given 5/5 rating to this another unbelievably boring yappin episode. Also, the new opening is atrocious.
Jun 21, 12:22 PM

Jan 2024
New OP was great but preferred the last one slightly, ED was unique if anything.

This season is going to be SoL so it will be full of yapping which is actually better than half baked plots to force a low stake fights.
Also Rimuru looking extra hot this episode for some reason
Jun 21, 12:23 PM

May 2016
I had to rewatch several parts of this ep, as I dozed off often. There's just no stakes or drama to hold my interest ATM.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jun 21, 12:24 PM

Feb 2015
such a boring episode I zoned out for large parts of it. I see we have gone back to 'meetings' the anime
Jun 21, 12:24 PM
Jul 2022
what in the filler episode was that?
and also why the anime has become so lacking in fights and became lovey dovey like that
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Yesterday

67 by Adverrito »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19

104 by Sugram22 »»
24 minutes ago

» [Leak] Season 4 Production decision

Kast2 - Yesterday

19 by blxckboyy »»
2 hours ago

» Ranking the strongest character that have been shown in the anime.

RjtheGreat14 - 8 hours ago

5 by Rimuru_755 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13

77 by Magicmist »»
3 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.