Forum Settings
Forums

'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

New
May 7, 4:38 PM
News Team
Aug 2019
Publishing company Shogakukan announced a new anime adaptation of Detective Conan (Case Closed) creator Gosho Aoyama's Yaiba manga on Wednesday. It was also revealed that it will fully adapt the manga and Aoyama is supervising.

Aoyama serialized the action adventure manga in Weekly Shounen Sunday magazine from 1988 to 1993. Shogakukan collected the chapters into 24 volumes from 1989 to 1994. Produced by Pastel, the 52-episode television anime aired from 1993 to 1994.

Synopsis
The protagonist, Kurogane Yaiba, is a samurai wild child who trains in the jungle with his father, Kenjurou. By a twist of fate, the determined samurai, Yaiba, returns to Japan and encounters his rival, Onimaru Takeshi. Yaiba, who lives for serious battles, embarks on a spectacular adventure when Onimaru obtains the "Legendary Demon Sword!" (Source: Shogakukan, edited)

Announcement

Official site: https://www.yaiba-pr.com/
Official X (Twitter): @YAIBA_PR

Source: Comic Natalie

Yaiba on MAL
DatRandomDudeMay 7, 8:16 PM
May 7, 5:05 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh dear, new anime of Yaiba? I like that series ^.^

I hope it's a remake because it has been so long, not to mention Yaiba's adventure of getting those elemental orbs was the most interesting one to see :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 7, 6:58 PM
Dec 2013
And yet another anime gets a remake (I'm assuming it's a remake). I actually started watching the original 1993 anime a couple of weeks ago, and now it's getting another adaptation.
May 7, 9:16 PM

Jan 2009
i remember watching that when i was a kid in the 1990s now a remake my kameda himself i heard it will be great
May 7, 10:11 PM

Jul 2015
Eyyy! I was watching this one when I was a kid and have fond memories of it. Definitely gave off those Dragon Ball vibes.

May 7, 10:36 PM

Apr 2014
I remember watching the original anime when I was little and I liked it a lot (once you hear that ending song, it gets stuck inside your head forever). I'm really looking forward to the remake.
May 7, 11:52 PM

Mar 2021
I cannot honestly rejoice after seeing the original author, Mr. Aoyama, in a documentary program about his current workload alone and his poor eating habits.

I wanted the remake to be done after the Detective Conan manga was completed, at least, since an anime adaptation would have confirmed that he would be even busier.

May 8, 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
staff rumors are showing this will be full of sakuga so im hype
May 8, 1:09 AM

Sep 2020
According to leaks Wit Studio is working on this project.

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1784423384178385062
May 8, 2:37 AM

Jan 2009
i hope they bring back the rights for the old ed

https://youtu.be/9Dgp474ao7U?si=3RMEIwMxUVBe-RMM
May 8, 3:56 AM

Apr 2012
I was already scared, thinking that something bad had happened again. But if this is an announcement of a new anime...as I understand it, this is a new potential remake of a classic?
May 8, 4:24 AM

May 2021
Detective Conan franchise Gosho Aoyama projects milking will end decades after I die and some people are tired of the seeing ''many'' isekai anime......

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
May 8, 5:20 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Pure HYPE, and this is rare for me nowadays.
The OG anime aired in my country during 1999 and was a part of my childhood then, I recall recording the airing on tape, with VA from my country, much later in more recent years I watched a few episodes again.

I m very excited for this, and it came out of nowhere, again HYPE.

RobertBobert said:
I was already scared, thinking that something bad had happened again. But if this is an announcement of a new anime...as I understand it, this is a new potential remake of a classic?

I m eager because this feels like a proper remake, they said they are gonna adapt all the manga, has to be that.
May 8, 6:02 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Playcool
Pure HYPE, and this is rare for me nowadays.
The OG anime aired in my country during 1999 and was a part of my childhood then, I recall recording the airing on tape, with VA from my country, much later in more recent years I watched a few episodes again.

I m very excited for this, and it came out of nowhere, again HYPE.

RobertBobert said:

I m eager because this feels like a proper remake, they said they are gonna adapt all the manga, has to be that.
@Playcool I'm not familiar with the original anime, although I wouldn't be surprised if I've forgotten it like so many shows from my early childhood. But I always welcome such remakes of old titles.
May 8, 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my, I used to watch the old anime ages ago, haha. It was fun. I might check out the new version once it gets released.
May 8, 8:38 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to Yubisoft
Detective Conan franchise Gosho Aoyama projects milking will end decades after I die and some people are tired of the seeing ''many'' isekai anime......
@Yubisoft well, at least this isnt Conan but a manga that was never fully adapted. but yeah, Conan is huge there, it even has its own attraction at Universal.
:v
May 9, 1:54 AM

May 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
@MichaelJackson Oh yes I am aware , that's why I said
Yubisoft said:
Gosho Aoyama
because I meant to say Detective Conan franchise and Gosho Aoyama projects

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
May 9, 5:36 AM

Jul 2016
Wait, Yaiba is actually gonna receive anime remake? I thought the chance for that is even lower than Negima!/UQ Holder! series considering the Yaiba in kinda forgotten and got overshadowed by Detective Conan and to lessen extend Magic Kaito nowadays lol.
May 9, 7:40 PM

Aug 2010
I only know this one by name, but I'm interested.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 9, 8:26 PM
May 2016
Trash, when will black clover return?
May 10, 4:23 PM

Jul 2016
Now this is exciting! Love the cover art. :)
May 15, 3:10 AM
May 2024
I loved and have fond memories of this series.
The Best Anime Statues
May 18, 10:51 AM
Aug 2022
People always tell me to watch detective conan but i could never get into it.

Should i start with this?
Jun 10, 10:32 PM
May 2021
never thought in my lifetime that i would see the Supreme Sword animated. the 90s version animation still holds well in today's standard. Hope Studio Wit will do a great job knowing their track record
Jun 12, 11:04 AM

Jul 2016
Man, why does it seem like every time I get into an older series, it just suddenly gets a remake not too long afterwards? So weird, lol.

I'll watch because I've enjoyed what I've seen of the original anime, but I kinda hope it's similar to the OG series art-wise, because I honestly prefer it over Gosho's modern style.

More topics from this board

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

19 by wildhood »»
49 minutes ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

27 by MadanielFL »»
3 hours ago

» 'Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite' Reveals Main Cast, Teaser Promo, Fall 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

12 by bastek66 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Haigakura' Unveils More Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by 40826DToothyCow »»
Today, 8:04 AM

» Web Manga 'Shakunetsu Kabaddi' Ends Serialization

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

2 by Yudesei »»
Yesterday, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.