Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 4:09 PM

Nov 2019
What mode of transport do you use daily?
Do you have your own car? Bicycle or motorbike? Or maybe you travel through ride-share apps or public transport?
Are your options limited because of your living situation or location?

I personally drive where I need to go, it's not exactly the safest to walk or bike because bad drivers.
Driving is the most convenient mode of transport where bus and trains are always unreliable too.
May 3, 6:03 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I usually travel daily via public bus managed by government (rapid transit) and metro train.

Thankfully most of the destinations I want to go usually is easily reachable by public transport so I rarely rely on car/motorbike :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 3, 6:20 PM

Aug 2022
I walk because I'm not a fucking fattie.
Soldier F is Lance Corporal David James Cleary
May 3, 6:24 PM

Feb 2020
I drive my car everywhere I go because I live in the middle of nowhere and there are no other options. The nearest grocery store would be a 4 and a half hour round trip if I walked.
Oofmastre9000May 3, 6:28 PM

the End of the dragon sphere
Speak not the Watchers‚ Draw not the Watchers‚ Speak of me. Paint my likeness.
Write not the Watchers‚ Sculpt not the Watchers‚ Write about me. Carve me into stone.
Sing not the Watchers‚ Call not the Watchers' name. Sing of me. Call for me.
Please. Please realize...that I am here.
Hello, friend.
May 3, 6:59 PM

Aug 2020
My legs . Simply and most of the time.

May 3, 7:03 PM

Aug 2018
Public transport, either trains or buses, I prefer and love double-decker buses.
May 3, 7:05 PM

Jun 2023
Personal vehicle. Outside of major and decent-sized cities, having a vehicle is kinda necessary in the US. I don't know how good public transportation is in big cities, but it's either shitty or non-existent anywhere else.
May 3, 9:42 PM

Aug 2012
Kinda depends. If it's not raining I go to work by bicycle. If it is raining I take my car.

If I go to the city it's also bicycle. You don't really wanna drive a car in there. I don't think the streets have been widened since the 1300's or something, tons of one way roads and tourists walking on the street, it's a nightmare to drive a car in there.
May 3, 9:56 PM

Apr 2020
I'd walk if it's within walking distance (i.e 20-45mins) but take public transportation otherwise.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
May 3, 11:04 PM

Feb 2020
I don't drive, so usually it's by trains if it's somewhere out of town. The train station is only at the end of my street.

Sometimes buses also, as there's a fairly big bus station here too.

I usually walk when reaching my destination after travelling via these methods, and for any grocery shopping from town I walk also, as I live probably about 2 or 3 minutes walk from the centre of town where almost everything is.
May 3, 11:44 PM

Mar 2023
I walk to my job and the grocery store nearly every day, even in rain. But if i want to get out of my village i will take a cab, or get a friend or family member to drive me.
May 4, 1:16 AM

Dec 2018
sometimes car, but mostly bus or i just walk to places
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 4, 1:23 AM

Sep 2016
I daily travel on foot, everything I need is nearby.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 4, 4:41 AM
Dec 2021
I try to walk everywhere I need to go but I use public transport very often as well since I don’t have a car/license

May 4, 4:42 AM
Oct 2019
Walking and bicycle sometimes public transportation when the weather really bad. Like 2-3 times per year.
May 4, 4:45 AM

Jan 2009
My own car, because it's the fastest available option, I have my own private space and enough room to easily transport things, so I don't need to go to the supermarket that often

vasipi4946 said:
I walk because I'm not a fucking fattie.
I probably have one of the lowest step counts when I work from home and I'm still far from being anywhere even remotely fat
May 4, 6:24 AM

Jun 2019
I walk and use public transportations (I have never owned a car), because I have the chance not to live in a "free" country that forces you to take your car every day.
May 4, 7:05 AM

Dec 2015
If something is in the range of 0-4 kilometers and the weather isn't any kind of hurricane/extreme rain, than I go by foot.

In case of hard weather/bigger distances than I usually travel by Tram, Bus, Train or Uber, depending on where I would need to go.
May 4, 8:14 AM

Jul 2022
I teleport from one place to another, it made me save a butt ton of money getting from here to Japan with no restrictions I've absolutely love this new simple technology in 2024 🔥

May 4, 10:27 AM

May 2021
I use public transportation because I don't have a driver's license yet and most of the places I need to go are far away. When I was younger, I used to ride my bike because they were close by, but I don't do that anymore.

May 4, 11:35 AM

May 2013
I live decently rurally so car.

I still am thankful my job keeps me physically active so I need not worry.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 4, 11:47 AM
May 4, 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
I usually just walk. In the rare case that I need to go somewhere far (>2 miles) I'll just grab an uber. Fortunately, everything I need - even work - is under 2 miles away.
May 4, 6:38 PM

Jul 2013
Using a SUV automobile, bro...not too complicated...
May 4, 7:56 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I tend to use a car. I own a bike, but it is more for recreation, and walking, while I enjoy it, is impracticable for most things (I don't live in a city).
May 5, 12:12 AM

May 2018
I travel to work mainly by motorcycle ride. Sometimes with train.
May 5, 12:24 AM

Feb 2020
Definitely bicycle. Bicycling happens to be my favorite hobby besides anime.

May 5, 2:46 AM

Aug 2021
I'm all abt trains cuz I commute to the nearby big city where I study and have friends - almost 1h ride
Can't afford a place there cus I can't hold a job these days smh
It'd be all good I wouldn't mind commuting if my village wasn't 5km away from the train station; I don't got a license and don't plan to so i always gotta ask somebody to give me a ride to the station and back
Ride to isn't that big of a deal but my way back is always annoying cuz the last train is really early at 23:30 and at the same time it's quite late for my parents for example what if they got work u know
There's no way to go home at like 2am which would be perfect so I either have to go home early or stay over at a friend's place which isn't always the most convenient

In the city I use whatever transit is most convenient which is mainly subway and walking, I try to avoid trams and buses cuz they stop at the red light and they just seem slow overall I'd rather just take a longer walk from a subway station I walk fast
elgatosaikaMay 5, 2:49 AM
May 5, 3:40 AM

Mar 2019
One blessing that I definitely took for granted was having a car to drive when I was living with my parents. I live in a very car centric city so not having one is kind of a pain. But I make do with public transport. I'm also pretty lucky to have my work be in walking distance. I'm not really saving for a car atm but its definitely something Im gonna need to invest in at some point.
May 5, 3:57 AM

Apr 2020
Most of the time by foot, since the majority of places I go are nearby, but I also use public transport from time to time.
May 5, 5:08 PM

May 2022
I use the city buses to get to school or go shopping, I walk to go to the grocery stores though.
May 5, 5:57 PM

Jun 2016
Public transport, bus or train (subway/metro)
May 5, 6:12 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to Meusnier
I walk and use public transportations (I have never owned a car), because I have the chance not to live in a "free" country that forces you to take your car every day.
@Meusnier

I love how a subset of America thinks trains are communist invention because it has pre-determined stops. You know what's freedom? Being able to read or browse the net as you commute, and not have to pay attention to the road.

May 6, 2:55 AM
Dec 2023
As an avid traveler, I've explored numerous destinations, but nothing compares to the tranquility and beauty of DAMAC Lagoons Views The thought of owning a property there excites me beyond words! It offers the perfect blend of luxury living and natural serenity, making it an ideal retreat. I can already envision myself returning from adventures around the globe to this stunning oasis. Truly, it's a dream investment for any wanderlust soul.
maruvasazMay 10, 12:40 AM
May 6, 9:23 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Right now I walk to where I need to go. If I have to go into the city I take the bus, but I hate it. I would like to get a car in the future.
DreamWindowMay 6, 9:35 AM

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 6, 10:45 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Auron_
@Meusnier

I love how a subset of America thinks trains are communist invention because it has pre-determined stops. You know what's freedom? Being able to read or browse the net as you commute, and not have to pay attention to the road.

@Auron_ Not an American here, aber I prefer driving too: it's much faster, gives me more privacy and comfort, and it's fun. I can save lots of time by driving 200kmh, and then sip my tea while posting meaningless junk on this forum in my spare time. Can't think of a reason why would I wait for a late train on a station next to some bum. I also find that ladies become more horny in my car than on a train, but maybe that's just an imperialistic propaganda.
LoveYourSmileMay 6, 10:51 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 6, 11:01 AM

Oct 2015
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Auron_ Not an American here, aber I prefer driving too: it's much faster, gives me more privacy and comfort, and it's fun. I can save lots of time by driving 200kmh, and then sip my tea while posting meaningless junk on this forum in my spare time. Can't think of a reason why would I wait for a late train on a station next to some bum. I also find that ladies become more horny in my car than on a train, but maybe that's just an imperialistic propaganda.
@LoveYourEyes

Where are you driving 200 km/h to go to work? German Autobahn? Good luck, you're over the advisory speed by the way.

I also feel that ladies become more horny in the car than in the train, but maybe that's just an imperialistic propaganda.

Very true, maybe it's not super wise to be horny in a running vehicle but back home though

@DreamWindow

Well, in the big cities I've been to they are efficient and fast.
May 6, 11:28 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Auron_
@LoveYourEyes

Where are you driving 200 km/h to go to work? German Autobahn? Good luck, you're over the advisory speed by the way.

I also feel that ladies become more horny in the car than in the train, but maybe that's just an imperialistic propaganda.

Very true, maybe it's not super wise to be horny in a running vehicle but back home though

@DreamWindow

Well, in the big cities I've been to they are efficient and fast.
@Auron_ You guessed it right, speeding is a virtue here. But trains are always late, slow and unreliable. It takes half an hour by car from my place to the nearby mountains, and maybe 2 hours by train - if you are lucky.
I absolutely agree with you that trains (or any public transportation really) is a great choice for busy metropolitan areas like, let's say, Tokyo or London, but it's unfair to say only Americans have bias against trains. Furthermore, a decent car is more than a matter of transportation, it's a joyful toy as well.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 6, 6:01 PM

Mar 2020
I drive a 2018 subaru outback with black aftermarket rims and tint over all lights n windows with yellow fogs. love my battlewagon.
May 8, 9:15 AM

Jan 2023
During the week I move on foot. I have my son's school a block and a half away. And work six blocks away.
Then on weekends bus, train and subway. It depends if I go to my girlfriend's house, a friend, mother...

This weekend I went to watch a soccer game 1100km away. 16 hours of travel by bus. Then another 16 hours to return.

More topics from this board

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

31 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you a wizard? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 9

54 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » is marriage compulsory? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 10

71 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» I bought a pack of Cigarettes.

scarydragon - Mar 29

14 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite MAL thread maker?

barababas - May 4

39 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.