Forum Settings
Forums

what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

New
Apr 30, 9:40 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
yeah definitely a personal choice,

it has to be Natusme Yuujinchou for me !!
it has over 70 episodes ?? YES WE LOVE BEING FED
it has rural setting !! BONUS
the characters are lovable and it has A FAT CAT !!

it's a cruel world out there
Apr 30, 9:41 PM

Dec 2021
Hard to argue against Hanada Shounen-shi. That anime looks dumb on the surface, but then the supernatural elements take hold, and it becomes a lot more of an emotional ride.
Daviljoe193Apr 30, 9:46 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 30, 9:43 PM

Sep 2018
My fav goes to Ucchi no kono tame. Pretty wholesome fantasy about a demihuman being raised by an adventurer. She gets raised in a restaurant so the locals befriend her, and she sometimes goes with Dale the mc.
Apr 30, 9:48 PM

Aug 2021
Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: It's the best one I've ever seen.
Chill storyline, very Funny, heartwarming and adorable moments with a lovable cast, CGDCT and most importantly, the moe <3
I'd favourite immediatly if there was space
Apr 30, 10:20 PM

Jan 2021
Hibike! Euphonium. Just because of Kumiko.
Apr 30, 10:28 PM

Feb 2020
Love Live! Great characters, comedy, and music.

Apr 30, 11:39 PM

Aug 2018
SOL is supposed to be relaxing but Natusme Yuujinchou makes me feel uncomfortable because theres so many pretty boys in it.

I much prefer Aria. My god, the girls in that show are perfect. By the way, Aria also has a fat cat. But he doesnt really look much like a cat at all. But to hell with him! Lets talk more about the girls!
May 1, 12:10 AM
Dec 2021
I have a few favorites. Like the people above me I adore Natsume and I just started Aria and it seems really solid. But I would also like to bring up Mushishi. Many episodes are pure atmosphere, but many others are so much more. Ceaselessly flaunting rich backgrounds & fine sound, is often the height of anime’s potential for subtle beauty & quiet captivation and Mushishi does it perfectly. I also love Hyouka. The magnum opus of TV animation if you ask me, openly self-gratifying with its absurd technical excess & needlessly demanding angles. Its visuals are steeped in its intelligence, & it is intoxicatingly well-directed. And last but not least the Tamako Market series. It's just an absolute joy to experience such a lovingly realized community filled with such sincere sweethearts simply spending time together & enriching each other's lives through everyone's good nature.

May 1, 12:11 AM

Nov 2023
The Yuzuki Family's Four Sons, I love the themes about lost of important famaily members and how they have extra responsibilities but still enjoy their lives
May 1, 12:40 AM

Jan 2023
Tough choice, slice of life is one of my favorite genres, but if I really had to pick one it would probably be a cgdct (which I consider to be a subgenre of sol) series such as New Game! or Machikado Mazoku: both really super fun, with quirky characters, and very relaxing and slow paced.
May 1, 1:10 AM

Sep 2018
Usagi Drop because it has the best atmosphere (I mean it as a combination of sound and visuals). I do completely disregard what happens in the second half of the manga that wasn't adapted in the anime, though.
May 1, 1:37 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/52991/Sousou_no_Frieren

Because it's not just slice of life, otherwise

https://myanimelist.net/anime/12355/Ookami_Kodomo_no_Ame_to_Yuki
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 1, 1:39 AM

Oct 2019
It's too soon to be sure since I'm only on s3.

but to me the value of slice of life is it being a calm relaxing watch after a hard day, and natsume's book of friends is already better at it than anything else I have seen, except maybe dragon maid.

but again, I'm only half way through s3, and have been liking it more and more as I go on.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 1, 2:18 AM

Mar 2024
K-on! for sure, but it's a tough call to make. definitely biased towards music.
I really want to say Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Is the order a Rabbit? and Non Non Biyori
May 1, 2:28 AM

Apr 2024
so hard to choose but im gonna go with either K-on! or Lapis Re:light.
May 1, 11:11 AM

Nov 2017
I love kanon. It is the bestslice of life for me.
May 1, 11:18 AM

Apr 2024
Non Non Biyori - It's a really good SoL anime with interesting characters, beautiful scenery, funny stories, and all the relationships are well written (especially Renge and Kaede's)

May 1, 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
Too many good choices, but I'm really enjoying Bartender a lot more than I expected.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 1, 11:51 AM

Jan 2023
Hibike! Eupho, Yuru Camp, Sora yori mo Tooi Basho.

Can’t pick a single one among these three, they’re all fantastic.
May 1, 11:56 AM

Nov 2019
what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

Wow, i just checked my list and I have not seen one slice of life anime skull
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
May 1, 11:59 AM

Jan 2020
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou without doubt.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
May 1, 12:37 PM

Jul 2021
Hmm... I don't really have single best anime included for each anime genre. But I kinda remember my top tier Slice of Life anime like Barakamon, Yuru Camp, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, and A Place Further Than Universe (tho MAL didn't list it as SoL anymore). Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I would like to recommend Barakamon because the anime is full of meaning and life changing for me.
May 1, 12:39 PM

Aug 2016
People are sleeping on the amazing adventures of Manager Tonegawa.
:v
May 1, 1:19 PM

Dec 2020
I haven't seen all too many, but of the one I have I'd say Kobayashi-san or Yuru Camp
May 1, 1:30 PM

May 2015
K-On, Hanasaku Iroha, Non Non Biyori, Hibike Euphonium, and Mushoku Tensei
May 1, 3:58 PM

Feb 2016
Haibane Renmei because stuff happens.
その目だれの目?
May 1, 4:11 PM

Jul 2023
Lucky star, I liked all the references to other works in it and the opening was really good
May 1, 5:51 PM

Feb 2021
K-on is my favorite. Not a lot of slice of life (especially CGDCT) shows that can hit the perfect spot of goofing around and teach the viewers valuable lesson.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 1, 6:27 PM
Nov 2018
Think i need to watch more slice of life but its K-On for me. Loved the dynamic between all the main characters and how they show took very mundane situations and made them fun to watch. Also love the emotional parts that elevate the show to greatness.
May 2, 3:15 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to JohnGuy
Think i need to watch more slice of life but its K-On for me. Loved the dynamic between all the main characters and how they show took very mundane situations and made them fun to watch. Also love the emotional parts that elevate the show to greatness.
@JohnGuy Given your enjoyment of "K-On!" for its portrayal of mundane situations made enjoyable and its emotional moments, you might also enjoy other slice of life series like "Hyouka," "Barakamon," or "Sakura Quest."
May 2, 6:44 AM
Apr 2022
I like Demon Slayer as it has the best demon slaying SOL.
May 2, 7:29 AM

Aug 2010
I'd say Yuru Camp since it's the text book slice of life anime, which usually bores me, and yet I enjoy thos one even past 2 seasons.
May 2, 7:43 AM

Feb 2024
MuShiShi for me becauSe it blends myStery and SOL perfectly
JoeChipMay 2, 8:37 AM
May 2, 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
Girls Last Tour. Most slice of life shows bore me very quickly but I absolutely loved the atmosphere of the series and the contrast between the tone of the characters in Chito and Yuuri on their journey and the emptiness and bleak nature of the world they are in. It's got charm, characters have chemistry, music is outstanding and it manages to be a relaxing series that a slice of life can offers, while being interesting to watch at the same time. It's been 6 and a half years since I have seen it and I don't think there are that many slice of life anime close to what I experienced with this series.
May 3, 4:04 AM

Jul 2016
Yuru Camp for maximum relaxation. The OST, the setting, the characters, Yuru Camp is my happy place.
May 3, 6:15 AM

Apr 2016
Kimi to Boku
Natsume Yuujinchou
Barakamon
May 3, 6:25 AM
May 2021
bocchi the rock!!!
literally out of pocket and so relatable it just hit different
May 3, 6:29 AM

Apr 2013
Non Non Biyori, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon and Flying Witch are my favorite ones.
May 4, 1:06 AM

Dec 2018
nothing beats barakamon for me. genuinely forgot what reality was for a bit and that was the best part
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

More topics from this board

» Lifespan of an Anime fan?

Ex-Aid - 6 hours ago

43 by Otakupervert890 »»
3 minutes ago

» Favorite Anime Insert Song

LowIqSalty - 22 minutes ago

4 by Archean-Return »»
4 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - Apr 27

39 by Hitagi__Furude »»
7 minutes ago

» Thoughts on NA?

lezbifriends - May 19

22 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» Which Anime do you think has the overall best OP+ED+OSTs ? ( 1 2 )

NaRc0s_G - May 19

84 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.