Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 18, 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Man, this labyrinth adventure is so bizarre. But again, I love the combination of eerie and chemistry between the cast down there.

Not going to lie, I liked the confrontation at the end of this episode and the way they hyped it up. The food was simple this time with a sea style dish although the main focus was mainly the labyrinth.
Apr 18, 6:59 AM

May 2020
I mean these people are going up to the surface, we know. So of course they’d pass through that “daunting and haunting” place which kind of was responsible for everything to go south. Though hey, liked how Chilchuck did his best for Laios and Marcille just so those horrid memories from a few episodes ago don’t go haunting them again lol. Good for him, cleaners did their job xD

And yeah, the inevitable happened and finally Sureau and his party along with Kabru and his goons met Laios and co., and man, for the first time ever, I kind of really felt frustrated over Laios and his dense-ness. Dude was sharing their secrets about eating monsters and whatever like it’s something to really be proud of… I mean for him it is, but not for all lol.

Most importantly, why did he mention using that dark magic thing to revive Falin.. to Sureau of all people lol. Misunderstandings will gallore after that, for obvious reasons now, sigh.

Very ominous ending btw with Falin in that look. Next episode is going to be epic.
Apr 18, 7:00 AM

Dec 2021
Shuro looks really down. Stop chatting and just tell him his waifu is back. He might think it's too late now.

Thanks to Chilchuck, the party uncovers the dungeon's laws of transformation. Avoiding the watchful gaze of the wyvern dubbed the "Eyes of the Magician," they stumble upon a staircase ascending to the upper level. As they gear up for the arduous climb, they are ambushed by a mysterious assailant. Who could be behind these enigmatic illusions?

The main group got caught off guard pretty easily, but I guess ninjas are just sneaky like that. That jerk is back, spewing his toxic opinions to everyone. Seriously, did the ninja really think it was a good idea to talk about it with others around? Kabru's quick to see that Laios isn't a thief or a killer, but he'll probably make things tough for Laios later on.

And Falin's situation? It's just sad. She died trying to save her friends, only to come back to even more pain.

Apr 18, 7:20 AM
Apr 2020
The reveal at the end was executed really really well, tho I'm sad that they cut a few great panels this episode to fit the chapters they were adapting.

Great episode, next week will be hype.
MaeIsAnxiousApr 18, 7:37 AM
Apr 18, 7:30 AM

Feb 2021
Some really cool and unique worldbuilding again, nice!
10:31 It wasn't translated, but here Laios is saying "Shuro is a very skilled and nice guy. He's about the only person who'd call me a friend."

21:18 Text on the right "Right now we are here"

This was really good. And that ending omg. I'm loving love the shift in tone in the second cour so far. And I hope we get more info about black magic and why it's so dangerous.
Apr 18, 7:30 AM
Sep 2015
It's a good episode, but this anime shouldn't make me wait this long to see all parties meet together, this situation should happen in the first cour. (yeah, I blame the source material as well)
Apr 18, 8:06 AM
Jun 2022
One of the best anime episodes that I ever watched!
Apr 18, 8:15 AM

Mar 2021
Think This was one of the best episodes so far that ending was perfect.
Apr 18, 8:17 AM

Jan 2009
lots of new characters now and they even know that our main characters use black magic to revive falin
Apr 18, 8:27 AM

Jun 2021
Laios and his love for monster can't be matched. Laios, Shuro, Kabru party members are finally gathered in the same place next episode will be really interesting now that Fallin is near them.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Apr 18, 8:45 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to MaeIsAnxious
The reveal at the end was executed really really well, tho I'm sad that they cut a few great panels this episode to fit the chapters they were adapting.

Great episode, next week will be hype.
@MaeIsAnxious This would have been an excellent reveal if manga-reading bastards on social media hadn't been posting untagged spoiler images for last couple of months! GRRR!!!!!
Apr 18, 8:53 AM
Aug 2023
Episode 16 is simply a masterpiece like the last ones that precede it, the reason for this is that they finally mix our protagonists with the not so secondary characters that if you asked me I would say that they could easily be protagonists, the way in which the lover Falin has that inner conflict when knowing how she was revived is simply exquisite, at the same time that we are shown an emaciated Falin turning into what seems to be a monster, leaving us with the intrigue of what will happen to her and even more, because it is becoming that, maybe black magic has something to do with it or simply the crazy magician wants to use it for herself; It is simply beautiful how it leaves you with that expectation, so I will spend the week studying for midterms at my university while listening to the entire soundtrack of this anime
Apr 18, 9:28 AM
Oct 2021
GanguroGal said:
@MaeIsAnxious This would have been an excellent reveal if manga-reading bastards on social media hadn't been posting untagged spoiler images for last couple of months! GRRR!!!!!

Fr, the manga readers for this are so unhinged… I had to go read the manga myself to at least enjoy the little bit of the experience I had left after almost all of it was ruined for me
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to 8823Kam
GanguroGal said:

Fr, the manga readers for this are so unhinged… I had to go read the manga myself to at least enjoy the little bit of the experience I had left after almost all of it was ruined for me
@8823Kam After a few lessons I've learned that to avoid spoilers you'll have to pay extra attention and not look up ANY related content, applies to any series out there.
Apr 18, 9:50 AM

Mar 2023
Poor Falin, she looks like she's in so much pain.
Apr 18, 9:59 AM

Jul 2016
Senshi actually disliking a creature for once not for ruining the sacred dungeon ecosystem or anything but just because it inconveninences him is hilarious.

Also kinda love how after a bunch of fancy dish names, we get something as pleasantly mundane as "An Eastern meal".

Well that's bleak. I can already see the next major boss fight title: Falin, the Fallen
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
The groups finally met and man this entire group of people are so annoying with their shitty behaviour. Wanna see them get wrekt. Also that ending scene, Falin!
MegamiRemApr 26, 7:48 AM
Apr 18, 10:29 AM

Oct 2013
Oh dear....

..same vibes.. . .
Signature.
Apr 18, 10:42 AM
Nov 2022
Here she is! Dragon Falin is finally here!
Apr 18, 10:48 AM
Nov 2022
Rather than a dragon Falin looks like a basilisk now. With the body of a chicken and tail looking like a human.
Apr 18, 11:12 AM
Feb 2015
They meet much earlier than anticipated, it unfair for them to judge Laios and the team when they were in desperate situation to save Falin. Shuro really loves Falin that he brought his retainer from the East meanwhile Kabru seem to have curiosity and fascination over Laios and the team dark future, he seem to enjoy their suffering as well. On the surface he seem nice yet his hidden dark nature is shown if it regarding Laios,

Are cooperation out of question and will they need to get out of there ? Falin body are beyond unspeakable, Poor girl.
jumbosanApr 18, 11:22 AM
Apr 18, 11:13 AM
May 2021
live laugh love chimera falin
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Jul 2011
See more of Maizuru is nice.

I wonder for how long Shuro was doing the training trip. The trip did a number on him, see he almost have a thousand yards stare.

Next week, is THE episode.
Apr 18, 11:26 AM
Mar 2015
our boi is in a little bit of trouble
Apr 18, 11:46 AM

Nov 2023
I was wondering what the huge chicken like creature that we saw in the opening and ending was.
I'm not happy we found out. Poor Falin...
(It's like watching THE episode at the beginning of FMA all over again)
Apr 18, 11:58 AM

Nov 2020
The next episode promises to be epic ♥️
5/5
Apr 18, 12:13 PM
Sep 2018
Can anyone link me the song that plays during the final scene of this episode (if it has been released already)???
Apr 18, 12:20 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The gang’s all here now, well at least most of them as I’m not sure where Namari and her party is but it is cool seeing three groups that were once separate all together now, although we never did get to see Shuro’s party before they joined with Kabru’s party. And since Shuro hasn’t been eating anything, leave it to Laios to make sure he does, only this lead to the most plain dish of the show so far, being an “Eastern Meal” lol, it looked good tho, and I’m sure if Senshi had cooked we would have had a Marcille style reaction from every character that wasn’t with Laios’ party.

And since Shuro hasn’t been with Laios’ party he had to be caught up, Kabru’s reactions were funny but Shuro was incredibly pissed when he heard they brought back Falin with black magic, and after seeing what she looked like in that very last scene I don’t blame him but at the same time there wasn’t any other way. And I’m guessing the joining of the parties means we’re no longer going to the surface, so I’m looking forward to seeing how things play out now that everyone is together. And there’s some other bits I wanted to mention, the first being that I’m glad Kabru realized they weren’t stolen from by Laios’ party, he ain’t as goofy as he looks lol, and lastly I liked that moment from near the beginning of the episode where Chilchuck imagined Laios and Marcille’s reactions to the blood and it looked like an exact soyjak reference lol, not sure if it was intentional but I can’t unsee it.
TheColonel76Apr 18, 12:27 PM
Apr 18, 12:21 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to AvragePolishMale
Can anyone link me the song that plays during the final scene of this episode (if it has been released already)???
@AvragePolishMale It hasn't been released yet sadly. IIRC it releases around the time the anime ends airing (July)
Apr 18, 12:42 PM
Nov 2016
I swear, The world building in this show is so good, interesting and carefully thought that I wish there were a RPG vidoegame of this series, and I would buy it Day1!

it's so cute how overjoyed Laios was to see Shuro again. I don't think he was this happy even reuniting with Namari.

And Here I thought Laios finally found a like-minded friend who could be genuinely interested in his interests and hobbies in Kabru! Hope they will actually become friends later on.

Finally, what the hell did Falin turn into now??? a Basilisk?
Apr 18, 12:46 PM

Sep 2021
a new character involved, I just knew that the story gonna get darker and more complex now.

the music at the end gave me chills, I just wish kabru didn't snitch on em.
kixannApr 18, 1:03 PM
Goodnight, Punpun 
Apr 18, 1:17 PM
Feb 2021
the hype is insane
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Wouldn't surprise me if that curious guy would have loose lips for whatever he deems entertaining.

Black magic seems to have a stigma for some reason; missing some background there. Seems religiously-esque.

Did not expect to see Falin turn into some chick-beast. Why wasn't she turned back into a dragon eh.
Apr 18, 1:49 PM

Feb 2014
Three groups all convening together does make for an interesting experience, where we get to see a reunion with Shuro and the others getting stuck into making food, where Senshi's talk about Maizuru's loving affection for Shuro was pretty nice to see.

However, it was also the time for Shuro to learn about what happened to Falin and, more importantly, about the fact that she was revived with black magic. His response is one of shock and anger at Laios, which is understandable, although given the conditions at the same, it was the only way to revive her, so you can't blame Laios and his group for that.

What was interesting was how Kabru was reacting to all of the revelations. His expressions on show for others to see and what he truly fought were different. His chaotic nature is still one to be weary of.

To top this episode off, it had to end on a cliffhanger of the changes that has happened to poor Falin. The poor girl deserves better...
Apr 18, 2:21 PM

Mar 2008
Huh the dungeon cleaners are interesting

I cant even quite make out what Falin's body looks like now.
Apr 18, 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
Does the ending imply that every man alive is now on the hunt for Laios and his gang? He just became the #2 from Afro Samurai! lol
Apr 18, 3:32 PM

Jun 2015
OMG THANK YOU MARCILLE!!!!!!!!! You have no idea HOW HAPPY I was when she asked him what he heard instead of brushing it off as mana sickness like they would in other shows for cheap plot development!!! The author is smart and I love her! Thank you so much! This is why this show is so much better than anything else!

It seems weird to me that Laios didn't suspect that the ninja would be using detection magic skill to spy on them. He knows that he can trust Shiro to keep a secret but what about Kabru? I hope Kabru is just a weirdo that likes drama and doesn't end up using this information to hurt Laios' team. That would make Laios look a whole lot more stupid in this scene.
Apr 18, 3:33 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to PrancingColors
Oh dear....

..same vibes.. . .
@PrancingColors STHAP!!!!!
Apr 18, 3:35 PM

Jun 2023
This was such a good episode what
Apr 18, 4:22 PM

Jan 2021
Dang they left us on quite the cliff hanger, hope Falin is okay.
Apr 18, 4:39 PM
Nov 2018
I keep enjoying this show more and more. Just from the title I figured it was going to be completely stupid. I'm glad I gave it a try.
Apr 18, 4:42 PM

Jan 2016
This anime got so much better in this second half in comedy, plot, everything
Author must have had an eureka moment in the middle of it. Now I can understand why this was being so hyped and the manga success
Apr 18, 5:31 PM
May 2017
Reply to PurpleMagic
Dang they left us on quite the cliff hanger, hope Falin is okay.
@PurpleMagic Considering what Falin is being through, it is safe to say she is not well.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 18, 5:38 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So they finally met back up with Shuro and they had a nice long talk and the confrontation at the end about the black magic which everyone knew was bound to happen happened. Seeing Falin at the end there was very eerie as she was calling out for Lord Degal. This show has done so well with not only the monster food and dishes they incorporate, but also the dungeon itself and it doesn’t solely focus on food and I think that’s what makes this show stand out. I’m happy we still have 8 more episodes until this season ends 🙂
Apr 18, 6:00 PM

Jul 2022
This anime always keeps me guessing! It looks like there will be many challenges ahead to get Falin back, which adds a lot of tension and interest to the story.

The groups Laios, Shuro and Kabru that came together are interesting to see how the members of the groups relate to each other like Senshi and Maizuru. However, I have a feeling Kabru might be up to something and I hope he doesn't complicate things further. Similarly, Shuro needs to step up if he truly cares about Falin, although dealing with dark magic is difficult.
Apr 18, 6:25 PM
Jan 2021
all my homies hate Kabru
Apr 18, 6:35 PM

Apr 2022
rough ending for falin there.
Apr 18, 6:59 PM

Jul 2016
Loved the concept of the Dungeon repairing itself like a human body. Kinda reminds me of Made in Abyss with the Abyss being something akin to a living thing.

Also, Dragon Falin? More like Chicken Falin.
Apr 18, 7:08 PM

Mar 2007
Oh hoh, all the things you did for expedient reasons when you had no choice are now judged by others as taboo! Ah consequences.
Apr 18, 7:16 PM

Dec 2022
The new ED is pretty nice.

I guess they have to kill the Mad Mage to get Falin back.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

148 by Ranxomare »»
Today, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

99 by Ranxomare »»
Today, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

123 by Ranxomare »»
Today, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28

136 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

169 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 1:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.