Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 5:03 PM

Jan 2018
Oh shit Ruby and Hikaru finally met.
Apr 8, 8:10 PM
Jul 2023
Where you find it?
Apr 8, 10:32 PM
Oct 2022
Two are the most important fundamental facts here:

1st Kamiki makes contact with Ruby.

I don't worry about him, I know Ruby will survive, she has to sing the Tokyo dome at the end of the year and fulfill Ai's dream. Also in the interviews of the film, in the opening chapters, Ruby is alive and safe. It's something else that intrigues me, why was she alone in the temple? That she is praying? Why was she so melancholic? Yes, that's right, she was very melancholic and alone in the temple as if she were worried about something very personal. Isn't it supposed that there was some kind of almost formal relationship between her and Aqua? Well, here it seems that there isn't, in fact. Since the kiss chapter it seems that the topic of incest between them was never taken up again... and why? Very simple. Because without a doubt what happened after the kiss was that Aqua surely rejected her feelings, that's why we see Ruby so worried that Melt plays the role of Gorou well, because she wants to remember that past again, a doctor who promised her that when she was 16, they could get married... and what happened to Aqua? Aaaaah, of course, he probably already made it clear that nothing would ever happen between him and Ruby. And it is logical. Oshi no Ko will not go down the incest route. Yes Ruby turned his right eye white from the black revenge eyes he had before. BUT IN THIS CHAPTER IT IS DEMONSTRATED... SHE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THE POWER TO CHANGE AQUA'S EYES... and here is point two.

Second point: KANA BRO... MANGA FANS... we have the confirmation!... KANA CAN CHANGE HIS EYES FROM AQUA TO NORMALITY... that's right, we have the proof, and Aka has subtly confirmed it, without we figure out. On the third page, just before Kana holds Aqua's face, we can see that Aqua has his left eye with a black star, a symbol that his revenge is active and still in full operation, and obviously both eyes must be the same, because he has always shown those black star eyes together, but... in the next panel , Kana holds Aqua's face and scolds him, at that moment, and we can see how his left eye has now become normal, YES! A NORMAL EYE, leaving only the right eye with the white star... IT'S A FACT , ARIMA KANA CAN CURE AQUA'S REVENGE, and just with a touch she will heal at least one of his eyes, without even using a kiss... Ruby couldn't cure those eyes with her kiss, she could only turn one eye in a white star, just that, but Kana just by touching his face, changed a complete both eyes, one to normal, and the other to the original white star.

But from here many more questions arise, why can Kana change Aqua's eyes, why didn't we see it before? Or maybe it did happen but Aka never showed it until now... wasn't Ruby supposed to have cured Aqua of revenge and returned him to normal? So why was his left eye, and probably his right one too, turned into black stars of revenge... wasn't Ruby supposed to have cured Aqua of this? Or maybe , she never did. Is that the reason why Ruby is in the temple praying so melancholy?

This is official, Arima Kana can cure Aqua's revenge, and the simple fact that she touched Aqua was enough to even cure one of his eyes, and return the other to a white star, that's right, Kana didn't even need a kiss to cure one of his eyes... tell me , what would happen if Kana kisses Aqua, or even if it is Aqua who kisses Kana!?

DarkL0lik0n69Apr 9, 12:48 AM
Apr 8, 11:41 PM
Apr 2019
Finally, Kana saves oshi no ko from degenerate readers once againšŸ™
Apr 9, 12:50 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to DarkL0lik0n69
Two are the most important fundamental facts here:

1st Kamiki makes contact with Ruby.

I don't worry about him, I know Ruby will survive, she has to sing the Tokyo dome at the end of the year and fulfill Ai's dream. Also in the interviews of the film, in the opening chapters, Ruby is alive and safe. It's something else that intrigues me, why was she alone in the temple? That she is praying? Why was she so melancholic? Yes, that's right, she was very melancholic and alone in the temple as if she were worried about something very personal. Isn't it supposed that there was some kind of almost formal relationship between her and Aqua? Well, here it seems that there isn't, in fact. Since the kiss chapter it seems that the topic of incest between them was never taken up again... and why? Very simple. Because without a doubt what happened after the kiss was that Aqua surely rejected her feelings, that's why we see Ruby so worried that Melt plays the role of Gorou well, because she wants to remember that past again, a doctor who promised her that when she was 16, they could get married... and what happened to Aqua? Aaaaah, of course, he probably already made it clear that nothing would ever happen between him and Ruby. And it is logical. Oshi no Ko will not go down the incest route. Yes Ruby turned his right eye white from the black revenge eyes he had before. BUT IN THIS CHAPTER IT IS DEMONSTRATED... SHE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THE POWER TO CHANGE AQUA'S EYES... and here is point two.

Second point: KANA BRO... MANGA FANS... we have the confirmation!... KANA CAN CHANGE HIS EYES FROM AQUA TO NORMALITY... that's right, we have the proof, and Aka has subtly confirmed it, without we figure out. On the third page, just before Kana holds Aqua's face, we can see that Aqua has his left eye with a black star, a symbol that his revenge is active and still in full operation, and obviously both eyes must be the same, because he has always shown those black star eyes together, but... in the next panel , Kana holds Aqua's face and scolds him, at that moment, and we can see how his left eye has now become normal, YES! A NORMAL EYE, leaving only the right eye with the white star... IT'S A FACT , ARIMA KANA CAN CURE AQUA'S REVENGE, and just with a touch she will heal at least one of his eyes, without even using a kiss... Ruby couldn't cure those eyes with her kiss, she could only turn one eye in a white star, just that, but Kana just by touching his face, changed a complete both eyes, one to normal, and the other to the original white star.

But from here many more questions arise, why can Kana change Aqua's eyes, why didn't we see it before? Or maybe it did happen but Aka never showed it until now... wasn't Ruby supposed to have cured Aqua of revenge and returned him to normal? So why was his left eye, and probably his right one too, turned into black stars of revenge... wasn't Ruby supposed to have cured Aqua of this? Or maybe , she never did. Is that the reason why Ruby is in the temple praying so melancholy?

This is official, Arima Kana can cure Aqua's revenge, and the simple fact that she touched Aqua was enough to even cure one of his eyes, and return the other to a white star, that's right, Kana didn't even need a kiss to cure one of his eyes... tell me , what would happen if Kana kisses Aqua, or even if it is Aqua who kisses Kana!?

@DarkL0lik0n69 , I agree . Changing aqua’s eyes is huge , but there are too many signs that we are going the incest route . Firstly , his had an opportunity to reject ruby before the kiss . Ruby said : «Do you like me ( romantically ) ?
Aqua : yes , sarina chan ( with white star ) . That was the perfect moment to reject her , but he did not , instead aqua doubled down .

Secondly , ruby’s reaction post chapter 143 . She said that sense is by her side ( in Japanese this particular phrasing might indicate romantic connection ) . In chapter 3 of canon novel spica( it was referenced in chapter 143 and 145) , sensei said this while talking to sarina’s doctor : «You know, I used to think not too long ago that it's strange for a grown man to be infatuated with a girl more than a decade younger. But I realised that was a mistake." "Huh?" "Age doesn't matter when it comes to good things. In fact, by supporting them, you can gain unlimited energy. I feel like I'm in my teens! Seriously, I feel young again.”». I don’t think that aqua was lying in chapter 143.

Thirdly , aqua moved kana’s hand from his face way too quickly . Simply compare how aqua reacted to ruby’s advances in chapters 124 and 143. In the first case , he simply allowed her to hug him and sit on his lap . In the second case , she was literally hanging from his neck for 3-4 pages . Furthermore , we know nothing about what speech bubbles say in 146 . It is too early to celebrate victory .

Regarding Ruby being upset . She was standing near ai’s grave . I think that she had a lot of reasons to look upset .
Gnaumov21Apr 9, 12:56 AM
Apr 9, 2:31 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Gnaumov21
@DarkL0lik0n69 , I agree . Changing aqua’s eyes is huge , but there are too many signs that we are going the incest route . Firstly , his had an opportunity to reject ruby before the kiss . Ruby said : «Do you like me ( romantically ) ?
Aqua : yes , sarina chan ( with white star ) . That was the perfect moment to reject her , but he did not , instead aqua doubled down .

Secondly , ruby’s reaction post chapter 143 . She said that sense is by her side ( in Japanese this particular phrasing might indicate romantic connection ) . In chapter 3 of canon novel spica( it was referenced in chapter 143 and 145) , sensei said this while talking to sarina’s doctor : «You know, I used to think not too long ago that it's strange for a grown man to be infatuated with a girl more than a decade younger. But I realised that was a mistake." "Huh?" "Age doesn't matter when it comes to good things. In fact, by supporting them, you can gain unlimited energy. I feel like I'm in my teens! Seriously, I feel young again.”». I don’t think that aqua was lying in chapter 143.

Thirdly , aqua moved kana’s hand from his face way too quickly . Simply compare how aqua reacted to ruby’s advances in chapters 124 and 143. In the first case , he simply allowed her to hug him and sit on his lap . In the second case , she was literally hanging from his neck for 3-4 pages . Furthermore , we know nothing about what speech bubbles say in 146 . It is too early to celebrate victory .

Regarding Ruby being upset . She was standing near ai’s grave . I think that she had a lot of reasons to look upset .
@Gnaumov21 Point 1 and Point 2: about the first paragraph, there is an error on the topic of rejection, when Aqua is with Ruby, and he tells her that he likes her, he is doing it from his personification as Gorou, and of course he was not lying, it has never been doubted that Gorou loves Sarina, but never, neither in the novel "Ichibanboshi no Spica" nor in the manga has a single scene been shown where Aqua has romantically pursued Ruby, neither when they were Gorou and Sarina, nor now when they are twin brothers. . The only "romantic" moment is presented exclusively in a single chapter of the 146 chapters that the manga has. If so, the only statement that supports the ending with Ruby and Aqua is a single chapter where, moreover, it is Sarina asking Gorou to act like them in the past. She confesses to him and it is she, I repeat, Sarina who kisses Gorou, not the other way around. And he is even surprised by the situation. He asks, if this is so sure, if his relationship is so canon, why didn't Aka show us what happened next? Why didn't she want to show Aqua's response from her? because it is simple, the answer was forceful and precise, and since chapter 143, of the kiss, things seem to have been cooling down, yes, that's right, Aqua is not romantic with Ruby, it doesn't seem like anywhere that they have a kind of clandestine incest relationship, and what's more... we only see Ruby having interactions with the small version of Aqua, and then with Melt, and then the conversation in chapter 145 where even Kana participates in this conversation, where is he? supposed romance? the supposed love? Well it never was, Ruby/Sarina has always loved Gorou/Aqua, but he doesn't have to reciprocate that feeling on the same level or type as her, and that has become more than clear until now after chapter 143 and what to say in the novel, where it you can even see that Ruby does have daddy issues that she projected onto Goro and deluded herself into thinking she felt romantic feelings for him when she was really just starved for affection due to being locked up in a hospital for years alone That is inarguable. Kana and Akanes love is far more pure and beliveable and rose more organically as a result of their interactions with Aqua. Gorou never felt an eros or romantic love towards her, friend, Gorou is 30 years old, and she is 12 years old, even if the love they felt was good, if it is erotic from him towards her, IT IS NO LONGER GOOD, DON'T FOUND PEDOPHILIA IN GOROU, as if it were something healthy or correct, it is not.

Point 3: If we know what the panels of the image say, I'm not sure yet, but some translations are suggesting a confession from Kana to Aqua and that Aqua told her that she likes him a little too, so Kana is surprised... but She says that he will have to conquest her... and then he takes her fries, hehehe yes, that's right, here is a dialogue that could be a confession of love that could be confirmed, but we need the translation. Regarding the eyes, that is clear, it is a fact that Kana can change Aqua's eyes too, and with a simple touch on his face she did it, without stealing a kiss or harassing the other person, or telling him that she is his "otaku fan".

Point 4: About the temple, Ruby is not visiting the cemetery where Ai is buried, she is visiting the Susanoo temple, and she had to make a personal prayer for a wish, the temple is recognized because it has dragons at the entrance and a curtain in front, which It is typical of the Susanoo temple and where people go to make personal wishes for love, studies and luck in life. No, Ruby didn't go there to visit Ai, she went to ask for something personal... What happened Ruby? What happens with the AquaRuby ship? Isn't it is supposed to be the most important canon couple in the manga? And why with each chapter do I see it lose strength?

Apr 9, 3:18 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to DarkL0lik0n69
@Gnaumov21 Point 1 and Point 2: about the first paragraph, there is an error on the topic of rejection, when Aqua is with Ruby, and he tells her that he likes her, he is doing it from his personification as Gorou, and of course he was not lying, it has never been doubted that Gorou loves Sarina, but never, neither in the novel "Ichibanboshi no Spica" nor in the manga has a single scene been shown where Aqua has romantically pursued Ruby, neither when they were Gorou and Sarina, nor now when they are twin brothers. . The only "romantic" moment is presented exclusively in a single chapter of the 146 chapters that the manga has. If so, the only statement that supports the ending with Ruby and Aqua is a single chapter where, moreover, it is Sarina asking Gorou to act like them in the past. She confesses to him and it is she, I repeat, Sarina who kisses Gorou, not the other way around. And he is even surprised by the situation. He asks, if this is so sure, if his relationship is so canon, why didn't Aka show us what happened next? Why didn't she want to show Aqua's response from her? because it is simple, the answer was forceful and precise, and since chapter 143, of the kiss, things seem to have been cooling down, yes, that's right, Aqua is not romantic with Ruby, it doesn't seem like anywhere that they have a kind of clandestine incest relationship, and what's more... we only see Ruby having interactions with the small version of Aqua, and then with Melt, and then the conversation in chapter 145 where even Kana participates in this conversation, where is he? supposed romance? the supposed love? Well it never was, Ruby/Sarina has always loved Gorou/Aqua, but he doesn't have to reciprocate that feeling on the same level or type as her, and that has become more than clear until now after chapter 143 and what to say in the novel, where it you can even see that Ruby does have daddy issues that she projected onto Goro and deluded herself into thinking she felt romantic feelings for him when she was really just starved for affection due to being locked up in a hospital for years alone That is inarguable. Kana and Akanes love is far more pure and beliveable and rose more organically as a result of their interactions with Aqua. Gorou never felt an eros or romantic love towards her, friend, Gorou is 30 years old, and she is 12 years old, even if the love they felt was good, if it is erotic from him towards her, IT IS NO LONGER GOOD, DON'T FOUND PEDOPHILIA IN GOROU, as if it were something healthy or correct, it is not.

Point 3: If we know what the panels of the image say, I'm not sure yet, but some translations are suggesting a confession from Kana to Aqua and that Aqua told her that she likes him a little too, so Kana is surprised... but She says that he will have to conquest her... and then he takes her fries, hehehe yes, that's right, here is a dialogue that could be a confession of love that could be confirmed, but we need the translation. Regarding the eyes, that is clear, it is a fact that Kana can change Aqua's eyes too, and with a simple touch on his face she did it, without stealing a kiss or harassing the other person, or telling him that she is his "otaku fan".

Point 4: About the temple, Ruby is not visiting the cemetery where Ai is buried, she is visiting the Susanoo temple, and she had to make a personal prayer for a wish, the temple is recognized because it has dragons at the entrance and a curtain in front, which It is typical of the Susanoo temple and where people go to make personal wishes for love, studies and luck in life. No, Ruby didn't go there to visit Ai, she went to ask for something personal... What happened Ruby? What happens with the AquaRuby ship? Isn't it is supposed to be the most important canon couple in the manga? And why with each chapter do I see it lose strength?

@DarkL0lik0n69 do you have a link to the translations because I can only find the blank speech bubbles ?
Apr 9, 3:18 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to DarkL0lik0n69

@DarkL0lik0n69 do you have a link to the translations because I can only find the blank speech bubbles ?

Also , in volume one , in the flash forward , ruby refers to aqua as a trustworthy person , I think that this might ( somehow ) foreshadow sensei keeping promise to sarina . Also , ruby might wish for aqua’s safety , because he still wants to pursue Kamiki

Another thing , why aqua confirmed that he likes Ruby romantically in chapter 143 ? Also this symbolism with 143 and white day is still rather suspicious . And the fact that aqua took kana’s hands of his face way too fast , was rather puzzling

P.s
I also came across an interview of aka , where they said that Kana was created after he came up with the ending of the story . I believe we are getting the tragedy ending scenario

P.p.s I personally find all pairings in this manga weird , because aqua is technically in his late 40s , while ruby is 30 and kana is 18-19
Gnaumov21Apr 9, 3:34 AM
Apr 10, 8:34 AM

Oct 2017
I swear if he does anything to Ruby.

Kana lol.
Apr 10, 9:04 AM

Oct 2021
Kana and Aqua chemistry is off the charts! šŸ˜ Aka Akasaka touched the touchy subject of dying and depression. But, the strong-willed Kana lightened Aqua up. She is the perfect character to give a boost of laughter and fun to him. Hikaru Kamiki finally meets his daughter. Woahh!!! šŸ˜±

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Apr 10, 10:12 AM

Jul 2021
Gimme the chips Kana
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 10, 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
Oh boy Ruby and Hikaru have finally met, I wonder if he’s plotting something devious.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 10, 11:20 AM

Nov 2017
so, now Aqua felt something for Kana ? so the ship gonna be sailing our the author just giving us hopeless feeling again ?? and shit Daddy Hikaru is here, Ruby is in a huge danger
Apr 10, 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Dunno why but reading the last panel made me think "oh he made ruby aqua kissing and now after 2 chapters ruby will die"
Apr 10, 11:35 AM
May 2023
It's finally happening.

Kana was great in this chapter lol.
Apr 10, 11:42 AM

Feb 2014
oh wow... a very nice looking guy, I wonder how he will treat Ruby
Apr 10, 11:43 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to Khalifla
Dunno why but reading the last panel made me think "oh he made ruby aqua kissing and now after 2 chapters ruby will die"
@Khalifla Nah... he will change the knives in set and have Ruby killed as Ai did
Apr 10, 12:07 PM

Oct 2017
NOOOO RUBY RUN AAAA THAT n***a IS BAD NEWS!!
R&B Leyend
Apr 10, 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
wonder if ruby knows hoo dat pokemon. also idk if aqua even knows him yet. but they both can prolly figure it out as aqua really does look like him
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Apr 10, 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to curvedtree
@Khalifla Nah... he will change the knives in set and have Ruby killed as Ai did
@curvedtree ayyy that's pretty damn good
Apr 10, 2:41 PM
May 2021
KANA will save this series!!
Apr 10, 4:21 PM
Dec 2022
I really think Arima and Aqua would make a good couple, 'cause she is someone who is capable of bringing Aqua out from all that darkness even if just for a moment.

The ending left me soooo SHOCKED...
Apr 10, 4:21 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to IndExx02
Finally, Kana saves oshi no ko from degenerate readers once againšŸ™
@IndExx02 Kana showing a healthy relationship
Apr 10, 5:55 PM

Jan 2021
lol, kana was used as a advertiser.

well aside that, nice to see further interaction between aqua and kana. through this arc we had a lot of kana-ruby and aqua-ruby develompent.
so i guess it's aqua-kana turn now. though it will be hillarious if she get pushed to be a 3rd wheel again, and having kana fans mad.

on a more important note i really start to like hikaru character. his insecurities and trauma is delivered wonderfully, even through aqua acting.
though i did find it dissapointing that all these cuts weren't shown. did aka wanted to focus on aqua-kana more? or explore hikaru through his actual
self, and not the version acted by aqua? probably both but lean more towards the letter. considering that he fcking shown himself.
really can't wait for next chapter, just hope aka isn't baiting us again.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Apr 10, 6:02 PM

Dec 2021
Seems like a good chunk of this chapter was basically a subtle ad for a Japanese chips company. Is this where manga is headed?

Also, I find the recurring pattern Aka has adopted quite funny. While other manga might take breaks due to the author being sick or starting a new arc, in ONK, you just need to wait for Hikaru to pop up in the last panel.

Apr 10, 6:14 PM

Dec 2016
I hope Dad isn't into incest or say BS like "You never felt like daughter to me"...
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 10, 8:23 PM

Feb 2018
Sheesh, it looks like those chips are so good that it's making Aqua jump for joy lmao.

Hikaru appearing in front of Ruby in the last page too? Always gotta have cliffhangers like that lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 10, 10:27 PM

Jun 2023
Oh.
No.
Nonononono.

We are not doing this.
Apr 10, 11:13 PM
Jan 2024
How do they go from Kana practically doing an ad read to Ruby meeting fucking KAMIKI?!
Apr 10, 11:32 PM
Sep 2023
best girl is back finally
Apr 12, 7:11 PM

Jun 2016
KANA'S BACK ON TOP!!!! Who would end a series where the biological siblings get together in the end. That would never happen, right? RIGHT?
Apr 12, 7:18 PM
May 2023
I Stan Akane but this was a cute chapter for Arima.

Was aqua being genuine or all just apart of his plot ???
Apr 13, 2:03 AM

May 2021
Kana is a ray of sunshine in this manga.

Apr 14, 1:59 PM

May 2021
Don't you dare harm a hair on Ruby's head. You creep
Apr 14, 7:11 PM
flower boy

Jun 2013
thank god for the aqua/kana crumbs... i've been suffering these last few chapters.

also- RUBY WATCH OUT!!!
Apr 15, 8:49 PM

May 2016
Finally Ruby meets the last boss.

Apr 16, 12:10 PM
Mar 2015
What is love ? A timely placed umbrella
Apr 16, 6:35 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Finally, some non-Alabama romantic progress. Also, you best not hurt Ruby Hikaru or your knees are forfeit.

Apr 17, 12:24 AM
Oct 2021
OH NO, DON’T YOU DARE HURT RUBY-
Apr 26, 8:07 PM

Aug 2018
Kana encouraged Aqua, nice.
WHAT? WHAT?!?!!!
What is Hikaru doing with Ruby? WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO?

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 149 Discussion

ARK-13 - Yesterday

6 by KanYeeT »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 148 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 1

36 by Atsunome »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 83 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Jun 9, 2022

23 by SaltyCookie »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 78 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 13, 2022

48 by SaltyCookie »»
May 5, 1:48 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 147 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 22

29 by Artik_Mk »»
May 4, 11:33 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.