Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
Bravern lost to Ira of Wrath, and now Superbia having ejected Lulu, has been dealt the same fate.

Left wth Popalchipum and Ira as the remaining 8 Deadly Sins of Deathdrives, Isami just surrendering like this is hilarious lols, as if he's never intending to be a hero in the first place, what a wimp. But Ira doesn't care about any of that, and he just wants the job done. Lewis coming to his consciousness is all the gayer than ever, and all Isami ever needed was Bravery, love and courage to give a second push and defeat Ira.

However, this is not the end of their issues just yet. The final boss: yet another Deathdrive, Verum Vita, and this was not the future that Lulu envisioned. Bravern hearing her out, but soon relents that she is their enemy nonetheless despite her exposition, it's not just Bravern on the attack, but the American and Japanese forces arrving on the nick of time for reinforcements..and also for Bravery. Together with Superbia, their fusion attack, holding the hope of all humanity, destroys Verum Vita for good, and that hope is now transcendent back to the stars...all while Smith came back alive lols.

Man, Cygames and Masari Oobari gave it their all for the finale, which is a testament to the old-school Super Robot franchise. FANTASTIC.
KANLen09Mar 28, 7:47 PM
Mar 28, 8:53 AM

Oct 2011
what an epic finale. The power of courage!!!!

Ultraman transformation sequence 🔥🔥

SMITH 😭😭😭💔💔💔💔
Mar 28, 10:13 AM

Jan 2009
the death drives are the 7 deadly sins all along

burn brave big bang is cool

its rare to see a final boss villain that is a woman in a super robot show

and nice that smith is alive again too but superbia really died
Mar 28, 10:45 AM
May 2020
Goddamn!
Beyond Braven Reborn!
AOTY

Also Number 1 in Japan!
Mar 28, 10:48 AM
Sep 2015
Cringey ending is a part of hero show after all. With that said, I prefer this to have 2 cours rather than 1 cour to fully explore each character's depth.

Such a shame that this could be something new entirely, but it chooses to be just the anime that pay homage to hero show and super robot genre. Which bring me to this question, do we really need another anime to pay homage to super robot? Didn't SSSS.Gridman already doing this job? (even if poorly) Didn't Samurai Flamenco already doing this? (especially in the yaoi-bait aspect) Didn't Shinkalion already doing this? (fan of Evangelion shouldn't miss this, really) When is the last time there's anime that try to bring something new to the genre? Megaton? Back Arrow? Promare?
Mar 28, 10:51 AM

Apr 2009
Well this was a pretty crappy ending to be honest. It's just too rushed to properly digest any moment, and all the development doesn't feel earned because of that. The show doesn't even have the decency to let Isami and Smith have a proper talk, it kinda just goes from one plot point to the other.

Superbia also dies after finding his will to live, but his death is largely just brushed off.

Mar 28, 11:26 AM
Feb 2017
Eri: Hello Lewis smith from Yuuki Bakahatsu Bang Bravren!
Smith: Hello Ericht Samaya from Gundam Suisei no Majo!

WOW what a trip!!! From the first episode all the way here and for a show that nobody was really banking on, especially after that Gundam metaverse failure of an ONA.

It was funny, It was touching and it was so goddamn brave. A show that truly believed what it was selling and I appreciated that a lot. All that was missing was a kiss but it's ok because as far as I am concerned Smith is absolutely a gay icon in mecha.

Proud of the show for giving it an absolute ending and sending Bravren and Supberia's body back to the stars, Just like how TWFM ended the curse of the Gundams. it takes a lot to understand that these kind of powers exist on borrowed time and giving these machines that we love a true sendoff. It was sad but it was the right thing to do. I could almost hear Houseki no Hibi in my head and I was thankful for it.

Loved every second of it and that's a big 9 from me. Defiantly the best super robot anime since Gurren Lagann (obviously not as good as so few could every be).

BRAVE! BANG!!!
Mar 28, 11:46 AM

Mar 2007
It's been a long time since I laughed so much watching anime, every week was just total ridiculous fun.
  • Everything from how hot Lewis Smith (those pecs are beautiful
  • to how cute Lulu is, like prime grade A Loli with all the Loli tropes
  • the over the top moves that kept getting longer, bigger, better and more BANG
  • References to other shows like TTGL
  • and that Tom Skerrit (Top Gun) look-a-like "Carry on Soldier" LMAO

Seriously how did they make a show this ridiculous and funny? It's like the Idiocracy of Military Mecha Anime
Shout out to whoever did the sound effects and OST, it went perfectly
Mar 28, 11:48 AM

Sep 2021
There was so much happening this episode. Honestly, too much for one episode. If not for a second cour / season, this would've really needed that 13th episode to give both the battles and the ending the approriate time to shine. Some stuff, such as Superbia's final death, didn't even get mentioned!

It was still good though. The battles were cool, it had tons of emotional moments and some funny ones too, such as Isami and Lulu growing long hair from the fusion to look more like anime heroes. Or the power of Love and Bravery pushing the fursion. And I'm very happy Smith came back alive!

Even though I think it won't happen, I wish they made another season. Maybe this time with non-super robots, just for the laughs!

Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern was certainly a wild ride. It did so much! Robots, Super Robots, BL, Drama, Parody, two guys singing in the rain shirtless... It certainly is a memorable show. And it did a really good job delivering the tension, the sadness, the romance and all that. Plus the comedy was just amazing and unique too!

The main characters were also really well written. Lewis/Bravern as the suprisingly serious and insecure extrovert, Isami just being thrown into pure chaos and being unable to keep up with it all and Lulu as the not-so-childish time traveler. For the sidecharacters, only Miyu stood out for being hillarious. But most of them still worked well with the flashy mains, such as the germans during the meeting with Bravern or the guy who caught Isami with Smith's shirt.

There's not much I disliked aside from the pacing at some points. And the first episode, but in retrospective, I think it was okay.

In end, it is "only" the second best show of the season. AotS goes to High Card S2, which got suprisingly similar pros and cons, but overall did a slightly better job in most areas. Still, an easy 9/10 for Bravern!
Mar 28, 12:12 PM

Oct 2022
pretty much exactly the kind of ending you expect from an obari super robot show, it didn't have any new curveballs but you can't convince me the show is worse because of it
fgsfds
Mar 28, 12:15 PM

Dec 2018
A great show that doesn't take itself too seriously, and wrapped up in one cour. Perfect.
Mar 28, 12:21 PM
Mar 2018
I loved this show all the way through and I was wishing it would've been longer since the pacing seemed to be going a bit too fast with the first major battle then the time travel stuff but holy crap this finale was so good!
Mar 28, 12:21 PM

Oct 2017
More over the top bs with power of friendship and love, getting bigger and even Smith's back. I just can't. I liked the earlier episodes but these last few just made me laugh. Gay and cringe af s*x dialogues and now this finale to top it off, oof. It's not like I completely disliked it though and I was expecting something like this for the finale so whatever. Prolly won't be watching these type of mecha shows again.
Mar 28, 12:54 PM

Apr 2021
That was one hell of a banger ending!
Very fitting for this show. I really enjoyed it.
Mar 28, 12:58 PM
Oct 2018
It's peak. Greatest Mecha anime ever (we needed more than twelve episodes).
Mar 28, 1:20 PM
Oct 2020
Absolute cinema!

This was my first Obari anime. I really gotta watch more of his mecha stuff. This was AotS for me, BokuYaba might be higher tho if the final episode is perfect.
Mar 28, 2:22 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some finish!

Didn't expect this to be as entertaining when I started it but the show kept growing on me with its absurdity and contrast with Commander Ao's un-braveness, xD. In the end though, he was able to make a complete recovery, so all's well that ends well. Smith returned too so it's all smiles for humanity.

New villain only lasted about 10 minutes and Kenjirou Tsuda-san's character for the remaining 10 this episode, lol. You could just never tell what was coming next here! I wish they set aside a couple of mins to end on a nicer note, but well, this works too.

7/10 from here. Got that Op with the sound effects too, always love to see that.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 28, 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
The power of love, courage and friendship i can feel!!!!

Despite the rush in the last episodes i had a lot of fun. I am happy Isami boyfriend returns in the end. I would love to see a hug with all them naked there lol

Solid 8/10
Mar 28, 4:08 PM

Jan 2021
I've been on this since the beginning. This was PEAK super robot. The super transformations and everything gahhhhhh. Cutting off the villain when she was trying to exposition is how you know this show doesn't take itself or it's genre too seriously which i love. This show is one of a kind I hope we'll get more like it someday.
only negative is that Isami and Smith didn't have a sloppy make out scene smh.
Mar 28, 4:12 PM

Sep 2022
THE HYPE IS INSURMOUNTABLE! The action, the sakuga, the heart, everything that Bravern and Co. said and his/their effort to cut off the final death drive's last words with their ultimate attack made this one of the most exciting and perfect finales I've seen in a while. Remember, Bravern will always be in our hearts and to achieve an invisible future, all you need in invincible bravery!
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Mar 28, 4:27 PM

Oct 2020
Now this is how you end a mecha anime, lots of big and exciting battles, not endless introspection and psychobabble. Very well done!
Mar 28, 5:06 PM

Mar 2020
I thought it will be a sad ending but I'm happy that Smith-kun is alive again.

Isami-kun's long hair is kinda of cool.

But I was expecting more scenes. I want more.

Anyways this is the final episode it's been an amazing show. I'll never forget it. I hope more shows with this style release in the future.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 28, 6:42 PM

Feb 2019
i guess it was a bittersweet happy ending after all lol
Mar 28, 8:14 PM
Jan 2013
Reply to StateofOhayo
A great show that doesn't take itself too seriously, and wrapped up in one cour. Perfect.
@StateofOhayo
How many anime these days have a story and and ending nowadays?It's a relief in these days.
It can be much better,but I will take what I can get...

Mar 28, 9:52 PM

Feb 2018
Man, what an ending that was. This is my favourite show that started airing this Winter season and it's not even close. I had a lot of fun watching it and speculating what would happen to the characters. I especially remember how vindicated I felt regarding the ep 9 reveal, what a rollercoaster that was.
Overall, this show had a lot of heart put into it, and it shows. Obari, the director, supposedly tried and failed to bring this show to light for 4 years, and I can probably observe why, seeing the more risque elements pop-up last episode (11), as well as its premise of real robots meets super robots doesn't always mesh well. Fortunately, Obari and the rest of the crew blended those two elements seamlessly, which I'm grateful for.
One thing that definitely could've improved the experience would be to make it longer, as the ending sadly felt too rushed to me, especially since many plot threads that felt like there was a set up for never delivered, most notably the Lulus and their origin, including our Lulu's strange hand device mentioned back in episode 4.
Regardless, I enjoyed this show immensely. Shows like these only pop-up once in a blue moon, and I'm glad I've been watching it live in this niche fandom since ep 4. Fortunately, while this may be the underrated show in the west, in Japan, it is absolutely stellar in terms of popularity, including viewership and merch sales. So there's hope for an actual sequel for this!
Mar 28, 11:24 PM

Mar 2019
What an awesome show. No real surprises for the final episode but it made sense given it's really the best and most logical conclusion for the story. Anyway, obviously I loved it. A big treat every week. Gonna miss these characters. Was a fund ride as it was airing. Kind of reminds me of Akiba Meido Sensou from two years ago. Another show that was not an adaptation, gave a chance to, and was awesome to watch.
Mar 29, 12:12 AM
Jan 2020
This is what you may call PEAK FUCKING FICTION

More people still watched Isekai 101 you could watch every season it's a crime
Mar 29, 2:57 AM

Dec 2015
8/10. Was a 9 most of the time but when Smith died it was obvious they did not have to much time to write something good around this time travel crap. (Time travel usually is a bad thing.) Still funny in the last episodes though. With a 2-cour thing and no time travel and Smith = Bravern this would have been great and an easy 9.

But I guess ... since this was mainly "super robot" it had to be like this. While I still prefered the earlier episodes (until Smith died) with more scenes on the ship and the CIA guy and other stuff that sometimes even felt like SoL. (Cooking at the campfire in one of the later episodes was nice though, haha.)
Mar 29, 8:37 AM
May 2020
I love mecha anime and I'm a fan of Gundam franchises, but I've never watched this kind of super robot show... So bizarre yet so entertaining in more ways than one. Guess I won't be watching other mecha anime anytime soon because they will feel so bland after this.

The final episode was especially an extremely explosive BANG BANG experience!
Mar 29, 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
Bang Bravern doesn't make any sense, like many other mecha anime is took inspiration from that came before it and that's okay. It's not always about the "war is bad" message. Sometimes you just gotta go all in on cool robot fights, human bonds and explosive courage. And Bang Bravern has all of that in spades. What a wild ride!
Mar 29, 1:38 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to genesic123
@StateofOhayo
How many anime these days have a story and and ending nowadays?It's a relief in these days.
It can be much better,but I will take what I can get...
@genesic123 Lol yeah, that's true. It's kind of like Hollywood, but not AS bad. Basically they get a formula and studios are too afraid to divert from focus groups that show certain tropes work so why risk being different? Nothing stifles creativity quite like money.
Mar 29, 1:49 PM
Jun 2014
Binged this anime in one afternoon, I had zero expectations or knowledge but I felt like a little kid thorough-and-thorough the whole thing. It was amazing! I don't usually watch mecha or robot anime but this definetly changed my perspective of the genre. Wow, by the last episode I was screaming alongside Isami/Lulu to give them my strenght to defeat the final boss!!!

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BA-BA-BA-BA-BA BRAVEEEEEEEERNNNNN!!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2:38 PM
May 2018
Great end to the cheesefest that is Brave Bang Bravern.
Mar 29, 6:31 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
that was epic af.

8/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 29, 9:18 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Ronninn

Meh.

The show was fun in it's early stage when it managed to mix the seriousness of an alien invasion and mech action, along with fun hijinx. But after the time travel sham, everything felt like carboard, none of the fights felt exciting nor funny either and it ditches the huge cast just to let them play the "cavalry role" for the last scene.

Nothing about Smith's original fusion and comeback is explained in any way (same with Isami's big fusion with Bravern after being pierced thru and thru), people just have to roll with it because it's a stupid non sensical cartoon.

I give this one a 5/10 just because it had good production values and at least the first half was entertaining.

@Ronninn

Ronninn said:

This is some massive cope.

Isekai isn't some sort of insta-garbage rank just for being derivative. Even this season had a couple of fun shows that went off the beaten path like Weakest Tamer and to some extension The wrong way of using healing magic.

Meanwhile this show just leans on asspulls and power of friendship bullshit along with by the book of robot and Tokusatsu tropes (the calm before the storm, rivalry till the end, completely unexplainable deus ex outcomes, the cavalry in the last moment and such). And you call this peak fiction, pft, give me a break.

Compare this finale to something like Konosuba's 1st season finale, where the goof troop defeated an impenetrable moving fortress with coordination and role assignation based on their skills rather than use deus ex and nonsensical shouting.
Mar 30, 12:54 PM
Mar 2019
The people who are taking this show too seriously really miss the point lmao

Mar 31, 7:21 AM
Mar 2018
I personally found this finale to be underwhelming. I didn't feel engaged in any of the fights, especially not the last one, which I felt came out of nowhere and was unearned. What I did like was Smith and Isami's discussion that started with a punch, as well as the American hero's return; that felt earned.

I also felt cheated by the absence of any narrative twist, which I think is mostly the show's fault for having set up the expectation of such writing tricks at important moments.

The ending, with the naked reunion of Smith, Isami, and Lulu was definitely on brand for the show, but I lament the lack of any resolution to the romantic and sexual tension between the two men. It all feels too queerbaity in retrospect (at the time, I actually thought we might get something out of it with how far the show was willing to take the imagery).
Mar 31, 9:25 AM
Feb 2014
Despite the Yaoi movements it was good and Smith is alive but the Lulu story seems like a recon, first being from the enemy’s side but then being from the future, it’s like the story was trying to go in a different direction probably in hopes of a second season but I guess not so they rushed to finish it with what they had and the female alien final boss should have been around throughout the series instead of showing up at the very end.
Mar 31, 10:33 AM
Jan 2017
It went from anticlimactic, to pretty good, to overly cliché, to embarrassing to watch in one episode
Apr 1, 9:15 AM

Apr 2009
Reply to teraphIl1000
I personally found this finale to be underwhelming. I didn't feel engaged in any of the fights, especially not the last one, which I felt came out of nowhere and was unearned. What I did like was Smith and Isami's discussion that started with a punch, as well as the American hero's return; that felt earned.

I also felt cheated by the absence of any narrative twist, which I think is mostly the show's fault for having set up the expectation of such writing tricks at important moments.

The ending, with the naked reunion of Smith, Isami, and Lulu was definitely on brand for the show, but I lament the lack of any resolution to the romantic and sexual tension between the two men. It all feels too queerbaity in retrospect (at the time, I actually thought we might get something out of it with how far the show was willing to take the imagery).
@teraphIl1000 I mean Smith confessed and went for a kiss (in robot form), it's not like they are trying to deny it. The episode is definitely weak when it comes to closing the romance, but the writers weren't trying to bait and they are extremely forthcoming about the intentions (Obari in the radio show even called it a romance). It's just kinda bad at closing most plot points tbh, Superbia got an even worse deal.

Apr 3, 12:51 PM
Dec 2023
Pretty much Awesome
Apr 4, 11:07 AM

Oct 2018
I have no idea what happened in the beginning, but the first 11 episodes have done enough to make this completely believable. Easy AOTS and it's not even close (I guess Meshi).
Apr 7, 8:05 AM

Jan 2017
Cheesy but not necessarily a bad ending, it still is hype af when Isami got the new form alongside support from everyone else. Woo Lulu sword form!

But wtf is that Smith being alive again at the end???
Apr 7, 11:53 AM

Dec 2015
I don't know why I finished this anime but that the best worst anime that I've seen.

Anything make sense on this anime since the first episode.
Apr 8, 3:45 PM
Sep 2023
They mega saved it with that last episode.
Apr 11, 5:23 AM
Mar 2019
Slow clap with a grin to a bow. More people should watch this Super Robot Anime. Spread the word, guys. :)
Apr 16, 7:21 PM

Jan 2010
Finally got around to finishing this. That was a fun ride. I only watched it because I saw folks in Twitter calling it the "gay mecha anime" and it certainly lived up to that. As others have said, the finale was super rushed. And the biggest plot hole was that we never got a concrete explanation about the origin of the Lulus...other than they powering the Deathdrivers...? Many other aspects of the show made no sense, but I wasn't too bothered by it. I think it walked the line between being serious and not taking itself too seriously pretty well.

Smith coming back in human form made no sense, but I'll just head canon that he and Isami became lovers after this LMAO. Show coulda used at least another episode to help with the pacing. All in all a 7.5/10 for me. The only other original anime I watched this past season was Bucchigiri! And that was a massive disappointment.
Apr 22, 3:32 PM

Feb 2012
There's karaoke lyrics for the theme song

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 23, 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
This is the story of a man being kidnaped against his will and forced to become a hot blooded super robot protagonist, what an absolute gem. There will never again be a show that makes me go back and forth between thats so fucking hype and thats so fucking gay at such a rapid rotation. Hearing Isami's actor just going absolutly ham this episode was such a treat.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

» Just Finished Watching

dustinator1991 - 3 hours ago

2 by Animaticide »»
28 minutes ago

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Mar 26

12 by nick_el_son »»
Today, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 10 Discussion

bboy_OatsnRice - Mar 14

23 by Alzeana »»
Apr 22, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 5 Discussion

deg - Feb 8

35 by akiraic »»
Apr 21, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheRedComment - Jan 18

74 by akiraic »»
Apr 21, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.