Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 27, 5:50 PM

May 2023
The two often argue about which is worse ,but which do YOU think is worse?
Mar 27, 6:17 PM

May 2013
I had one parent who is a former smoker and one who is a former alcoholic.

I get along with the former alcoholic more so smokers lose this time.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Mar 27, 6:50 PM

Aug 2020
Alcoholics don't throw gin on the street with people passing by. Smokers blow their smoke on people's faces on the street while walking.

Mar 27, 6:56 PM

Aug 2021
alcoholics literally do the unexpected
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 7:12 PM

Oct 2014
it isn't even comparable. alcoholics ruin the lives of everyone around them with ease. chronic smokers have a very small chance of ruining the lives of others (cancer from 2nd hand smoke etc).
Mar 27, 9:01 PM

Feb 2020
Alcoholics definitely cause more suffering for everyone.
Mar 27, 9:50 PM
Jun 2016
definitely weed enjoyers (worse than the two you named)
Mar 27, 10:12 PM

Oct 2022
Smokers are worse for themselves and alcoholics are worse for other people.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 27, 10:33 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
In what way? I assume meaning who is worse to be around? Being around a smoker as a non-smoker is bad because you have to put up with the smell, and it can get into your clothes or skin, which sucks. Alchoholics, if they are drunk, can be a lot to handle, but they can also be really funny if it's not to serious, so it depends on how much you have to be around them. Both of them are unpleasant to be around if they can't satisfy their addictions though.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Jun 2020
Both are horrible in different situations.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Mar 27, 11:04 PM

Mar 2024
alcoholics, smokers and drug addicts are all terrible, but if i got to choose the least worst then its smokers, at least they just stink of smoke but dont attack people or ruin everything around them
Mar 27, 11:05 PM

Sep 2018
Smokers by a long shot, the most selfish people on earth. A mother can set up her kid for a lifetime of pain and misery simply by refusing to give up during pregnancy.

Then there's the smell, they infect everyone with it, anyone in the same room as them has to take a shower and wear new clothes to get the stink off them. Then there's their horrific breath.

I have seen someone lose body parts from cancer and still carry on smoking, I have seen a child cry to their mother to stop smoking as she doesn't want her to die. Her reply? "I might get hit by a bus tomorrow so I might as well enjoy today". Their addiction is just way beyond sad.

I do admit alcoholics cause a lot of pain for their immediate family though.
I don't mind drinkers but I refuse to be around alcoholics or the tea total taliban as I call them or smokers.
Mar 28, 12:27 AM

Feb 2022
Hard choice but ultimately I think I'll pick smokers, mostly because smoking while pregnant and around children isn't that uncommon in the UK. They also unfortunately tend to live longer than alcoholics, not to mention it's far more socially accepted so it's far more common for it to do harm that's not really talked about in society overall. It doesn't help that a lot of people here are also encouraged to start smoking when they're still very young (and low-IQ benny-suckers minding the tills don't give a flying fuck about the children of a nation that's usually not theirs and that they're trying to exploit, so it's easy for kids to get their hands on cigs).

Both are expensive habits that can easily ruin someone's entire life and the lives of those around them (not only because of the costs). The harm that can actually be done by smoking to someone's life and those around them is very often underestimated and, unfortunately, I've been exposed to it enough to know all that it does and is usually ignored. What a selfish choice. I wish smokers lived as little as the average (untreated and eternal) alcoholic.

Mar 28, 1:27 AM

Sep 2016
Alcoholics by far, most of them are a pain to deal with because they can't think and behave properly, this isn't even up for debate.
Smokers are only a pain if they smoke indoors, but most of them don't.

ZarutakuMar 28, 1:37 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 28, 1:29 AM

Mar 2023
Alcoholics are more likley to be very abusive and get people killed by their drunk driving.
Mar 28, 1:50 AM

Feb 2020
Maybe it's because I've been around smokers my whole life but I would say alcoholics are definitely worse. I just find it generally worse to be around drunk people, I've never seen a cigarette make a man pass out in a puddle of his own vomit on top of a table in waffle house while yelling racial slurs.... So yeah, I'll say smokers are better.

Please use dark mode, everything looks better. the End of the dragon sphere
Speak not the Watchers‚ Draw not the Watchers‚ Speak of me. Paint my likeness.
Write not the Watchers‚ Sculpt not the Watchers‚ Write about me. Carve me into stone.
Sing not the Watchers‚ Call not the Watchers' name. Sing of me. Call for me.
Please. Please realize...that I am here.
Hello, friend.
Mar 28, 2:34 AM

Dec 2008
I say smokers are far worse than alcoholic (drunk drinkers)

Smokers smell like shit. Smokers can accidentally cause fire. Littering problem. They are conscious, aware of what they do when it comes to aggression.

While drinkers also can cause littering too. When you get attacked by a drunk guy, you have to assume he’s not conscious and not aware of what he’s doing. Car accidents for most reasons due to consumptions of alcoholic beverages. Accidents in works that lead to death for one or others because of a single drunk worker. A drunk guy unaware can pull his gun and shoot and likely to kill someone, even loved ones.

But still though. A conscious killer is worse than unconscious killer.
Mar 28, 3:42 AM

Apr 2012
It's possible to be an alcoholic without having any negative effects on anybody else, whilst smokers inevitably emit smoke, so I guess smokers. Although they can still only smoke when no other people are around.
Mar 28, 4:01 AM

Aug 2021
Are you serious alcoholism fucks u up and u end up doing some really messed up shit

Smokers are sober and u don't need to look after them when they go chain-smoking but when alcoholics go on a bender they're unpredictable some shit will go down like how is this even a conversation

"Smokers smell bad" bro they don't have the same mental issues like alcoholics do u seriously think that alcoholics are like that girl from bocchi the rock pls

Yal never really spend time with addicts do u
elgatosaikaMar 28, 4:06 AM
Mar 28, 4:10 AM

Nov 2022
No poll? Boo-urns.

It depends. Does the alcoholic drunk drive? Does the smoker ignore social rules and smoke where they're not supposed to? (near non-consenting non-smokers, in public enclosed spaces, etc)
♡☆♡☆♡

Mar 28, 4:15 AM

Dec 2015
Worst are drug addicts.

Well in my family there were alcoholic and smokers and I am a smoker myself, I do drink but not that often to be an alcoholic. [And from my step family there was also a drug addict - the only person who died from addiction, as every smokers and alcoholic didn't pass away or had huge health problems because of their addiction/past addiction - many of them quitted]
Ah and something which people tend to forget - Alcoholic is a person who drinks regularly even a small beer, not someone who goes hard on a party once per few months.

Alcoholics tend to escape from their problems into alcohol and it might cause the family violence abuse, actually it might be the main origin/reason of that problem. [Drunk drivers are usually stupid people who were after a party, not alcoholics themselves]
Smokers, I hate when other smokers are throwing the filter whenever they like.
ZettaikenMar 28, 4:22 AM
Mar 28, 4:23 AM

Mar 2008
Im not sure which is worse for your health but smoking is bad for other people's health from second hand and third hand smoke so depends where they smoke and how they clean up. Different people react to alcohol different. I dont really get why someone would assume someone is a bad person for smoking or drinking or doing other drugs. That isnt the case not inherently anyway.
Mar 28, 5:07 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Zettaiken
Worst are drug addicts.

Well in my family there were alcoholic and smokers and I am a smoker myself, I do drink but not that often to be an alcoholic. [And from my step family there was also a drug addict - the only person who died from addiction, as every smokers and alcoholic didn't pass away or had huge health problems because of their addiction/past addiction - many of them quitted]
Ah and something which people tend to forget - Alcoholic is a person who drinks regularly even a small beer, not someone who goes hard on a party once per few months.

Alcoholics tend to escape from their problems into alcohol and it might cause the family violence abuse, actually it might be the main origin/reason of that problem. [Drunk drivers are usually stupid people who were after a party, not alcoholics themselves]
Smokers, I hate when other smokers are throwing the filter whenever they like.
Zettaiken said:
Worst are drug addicts.

Erm, which drug? Both smokers and alcoholics are drug addicts.
Mar 28, 5:54 AM

Jun 2023
As a smoker, I'm biased. Admittedly, I can be unpleasant to be around if I don't get my nicotine fix, but the same can be true if I don't have caffeine sometimes. Obviously, there are the health risks, so I can understand people thinking smokers are worse. However, smoking has never led me to be abusive towards anyone. Never left lasting psychological damage in anyone. As a habit, it's worse for me than it is others. Alcoholism can seriously fuck up families, as well as the alcoholic's own life. So which one is worse depends on the criteria one is applying. For me, since I think about it as harm towards others, alcoholism is "worse", although I don't really judge, tbh. While I avoid drunks, I can understand why they have that problem. Pretty much everyone's addicted (or has a compulsion) that "helps" alleviate pain and suffering.
Mar 28, 5:59 AM

Jan 2022
Just let me smoke in peace ffs! That's all I ask! I'm sick of random old dudes seeing me on the street smoking and telling me not to smoke! Get a life!
Mar 28, 7:07 AM

Mar 2019
I lived with both for 18 years. Alcoholics are worse by FAR. Especially if they are in denial. I remember nights where I would fight with my Mum and she would be drinking heavily smash stuff around the house and break pots and stuff. Come the next morning, she doesnt even know she did it and asks me if someone broke in. I seriously think if you choose smoker on this your crazy. Alcoholics are 10x worse and its not even close. Of course, drinking in moderation is fine, but then again so is everything in moderation. Alcoholics NEED the alcohol which leads to genuine damage.

From my experience, my Dad and brother smoked, they were fine. Like smoking cigarettes made my brother way more relaxed and chill. Like ok i get it smokings bad but it didnt make them batshit crazy. I'll take the second hand smoking any day over the constant fights and broken items.
Mar 28, 7:29 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to logopolis
Zettaiken said:
Worst are drug addicts.

Erm, which drug? Both smokers and alcoholics are drug addicts.
@logopolis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcotic

That is why I prefer Polish over English, as we have more words than single "drug"

I mean here non medical usage of -> Fentanyl, MDMA, Heroine, Cocaine, THC, Flakka, Krokodil, Amphetamine, Exctasy, GHB/GBL, Mushrooms, Kodeine, LSD, Mephedrone, Designer drugs [it was a plague in my country decade/several years ago], Xanax, Methadone, Morphine, Datura and also because I've seen too many videos on that - Inhaling Compressed Air, it ain't popular here but you might be highly familair with this topic.

Have I missed something? I think that's all the drugs you can think of.
ZettaikenMar 28, 7:33 AM
Mar 28, 7:31 AM

Jan 2009
alcoholics can get really violent so them
Mar 28, 7:36 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Zettaiken

That is why I prefer Polish over English, as we have more words than single "drug"

I mean here non medical usage of -> Fentanyl, MDMA, Heroine, Cocaine, THC, Flakka, Krokodil, Amphetamine, Exctasy, GHB/GBL, Mushrooms, Kodeine, LSD, Mephedrone, Designer drugs [it was a plague in my country decade/several years ago], Xanax, Methadone, Morphine, Datura and also because I've seen too many videos on that - Inhaling Compressed Air, it ain't popular here but you might be highly familair with this topic.

@Zettaiken You've missed alcohol and tobacco.

Anyway, the idea that those are all comparable is ludicrous. It sounds like what you're actually against is nonconformity, since you give a weird exception to generally legal and accepted drugs. If someone is going to be a drug addict, you just want them to be addicted to the same drug as a lot of other people.
Mar 28, 7:39 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to deg
alcoholics can get really violent so them
@deg To take this as one example of numerous posts here, why does "alcoholics can get really violent" make you object to "alcoholics"? Surely the problem there is "violent people". Plenty of alcoholics are not violent.
Mar 28, 7:44 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to logopolis
@deg To take this as one example of numerous posts here, why does "alcoholics can get really violent" make you object to "alcoholics"? Surely the problem there is "violent people". Plenty of alcoholics are not violent.
@logopolis the keyword is can also can smoking make people violent?
Mar 28, 7:53 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to logopolis
@Zettaiken You've missed alcohol and tobacco.

Anyway, the idea that those are all comparable is ludicrous. It sounds like what you're actually against is nonconformity, since you give a weird exception to generally legal and accepted drugs. If someone is going to be a drug addict, you just want them to be addicted to the same drug as a lot of other people.
@logopolis
logopolis said:
Erm, which drug?

You've asked me which so I listed it to you, I just am not sure if I have missed some plants like Datura as my memory ain't that good.

Bruh I literally meet up and go into parties with people who take drugs listed above, just because I consider narcotic hard addicts ain't the reason for me to hate everyone who just take one or multiple hard drugs I haven't written it that way, the difference is that they know how to do that and they ain't risking others lifes, the same as when I am drunk I am not fucking going to drive a car because I know the potential tragedy of such action [even after a single beer, I ain't touching the driver's seat].

All is matter is to know how to handle a drug and the risk of overdose, a person smoking too much nicotine in a one day will just get a nicotine poisoning and that's it, someone who will take too much mephedrone or MDMA can cause some harm to random people, someone who took Cocaine will not harm anyone they will be highly awake with specific jaw movements, while someone on Flakka will be a real threat or someone on Krokodil will lose their limbs.

As I've mentioned the difference of Alcoholic and those who drive while drunk, it also applies here as the main difference is what I meant by Drug Addict [Ćpuny] - those who are overdosing instead of those who take that with knowledge how to take that [yes there are such people], just didn't write it as I thought it was obvious.
Mar 28, 8:19 AM

Dec 2022
Alcoholics. Can't overstate the contempt I have for idiots who smash their beer bottles on the sidewalk, all because they're too lacking in discipline or patience to take it to a recycling bin.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 28, 8:54 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Zettaiken

@Zettaiken
I don't really think there are many people using methadone as a recreational drug otherwise it wouldnt be used to treat opiate addicts to prevent them from going into withdrawl. No idea what you are talking about with compressed air, that isnt a drug particularly unless you mean people breathing in the toxic stuff out of an air duster canister.
Mar 28, 9:03 AM

Feb 2020
Their both bad and I encounter them pretty regularly.

But to me smokers are worse, as they just toss their crap all over the place, and still aren't very accommodating for others despite my country's pretty heavy restrictions.
My previous neighbours in both addresses I've lived in my town would toss their spent cigarettes over into my property, which pisses me off as I like keeping my property looking good. I've had vapes thrown over too, one time someone aimed one at my cat who was outside in the yard.
A disgusting habit for disgusting people.

Mar 28, 9:06 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Zettaiken
@logopolis
logopolis said:
Erm, which drug?

You've asked me which so I listed it to you, I just am not sure if I have missed some plants like Datura as my memory ain't that good.

Bruh I literally meet up and go into parties with people who take drugs listed above, just because I consider narcotic hard addicts ain't the reason for me to hate everyone who just take one or multiple hard drugs I haven't written it that way, the difference is that they know how to do that and they ain't risking others lifes, the same as when I am drunk I am not fucking going to drive a car because I know the potential tragedy of such action [even after a single beer, I ain't touching the driver's seat].

All is matter is to know how to handle a drug and the risk of overdose, a person smoking too much nicotine in a one day will just get a nicotine poisoning and that's it, someone who will take too much mephedrone or MDMA can cause some harm to random people, someone who took Cocaine will not harm anyone they will be highly awake with specific jaw movements, while someone on Flakka will be a real threat or someone on Krokodil will lose their limbs.

As I've mentioned the difference of Alcoholic and those who drive while drunk, it also applies here as the main difference is what I meant by Drug Addict [Ćpuny] - those who are overdosing instead of those who take that with knowledge how to take that [yes there are such people], just didn't write it as I thought it was obvious.
@Zettaiken A "drug addict" has nothing to do with overdosing, it's someone who is addicted to a drug, that is someone who will experience physiological withdrawal symptoms if they go too long without taking more of it.
Mar 28, 9:13 AM

Mar 2024
Alcoholics and crackheads hands down, can't stand those pricks.
Mar 28, 9:40 AM

Aug 2019
Alcoholics are fucked up human beings creatures
Mar 28, 9:43 AM

Mar 2013
It depends on whether or not they are a functional addict. I don’t think simply being an alcoholic or a smoker by themselves deserves derision. However, as far as personal preferences go, smokers are a little worst for me to hang out with due to the odor versus someone who drinks a little too much but is otherwise a functioning adult.
Mar 28, 9:53 AM

Aug 2014
How many smokers injure or kill others as a result of smoking? That number is practically nothing compared to alcoholics, and there is your answer.
Mar 28, 10:04 AM

May 2020
My grandfather died of liver cancer & i also love to drink on occasions...

Its in our blood & therefore my answer...

Smokers should learn where to blow their shit though...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Mar 28, 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
alcoholics. every alcoholic around me is so annoying tbh...
Mar 28, 11:35 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to SmugSatoko
How many smokers injure or kill others as a result of smoking? That number is practically nothing compared to alcoholics, and there is your answer.
@SmugSatoko
Second hand smoke is a bit worse for someone's health than the person smoking because it is unfiltered smoke. So a lot, it just takes longer. Then there also is masses of carelessly discarded cigarette butts causing wildfires or gas station fires and people die from that.
Mar 28, 12:02 PM

Aug 2014
traed said:
Second hand smoke is a bit worse for someone's health than the person smoking because it is unfiltered smoke. So a lot, it just takes longer. Then there also is masses of carelessly discarded cigarette butts causing wildfires or gas station fires and people die from that.

Those are indirect things, and still a lower number. Alcohol kills around three million people per year. (And that's not even getting into the rest of the damage it causes.)
SmugSatokoMar 28, 12:30 PM
Mar 28, 1:49 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to logopolis
@Zettaiken A "drug addict" has nothing to do with overdosing, it's someone who is addicted to a drug, that is someone who will experience physiological withdrawal symptoms if they go too long without taking more of it.
@traed Not sure if it's exactly Compressed Air or maybe another Gas, that's from what I've heard the top 1 drug in Uk, people just breathe it in and by doing it too much their lungs and brain lack normal air which ends up in death. I think it might be actually air duster or however it is called no idea.

@logopolis Yes, but there is a difference if an alcoholic drink a single beer a day it may not affect him that much to cause large harm in public, and a smoker that won't affect the others [unless it is a scum who intentionally exhales the smoke towards others], while someone whose addicted to MDMA, Mushrooms or any other drug which affects perception and might create hallucitions might cause a harm to someone, besides that there are drugs which can be addictive after the well known for the "First time to try it" [that's very common for someone to get into it, I've seen it by myself happening] for example Krokodil addicts after the first try... Fentanyl from what I know can kill after the first try x)

Mar 28, 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
SmugSatoko said:
Those are indirect things, and still a lower number. Alcohol kills around three million people per year. (And that's not even getting into the rest of the damage it causes.)

Im not sure if there is numbers on some of these things because it's not always clear. I mean there is likely some reported numbers but true numbers can be pretty unclear especially something like cancer from secondhand smoke since someone might not even think of it since many arent aware of the effects and how alcohol also can cause cancer to the person drinking it. When you say alcohol kills 3 mil per year is that just drunk driving and homicides while under the influence or does it also include suicides and alcohol overdosing or deaths by other accident while drunk Like people that fall off balconies?

I am concerned of the dangers of nicotine juice from vapes. Nicotine absorbs into the skin so if spilled it's a big issue so I think we will start seeing an increase of people dying of nicotine overdose in years to come.

Zettaiken said:
Not sure if it's exactly Compressed Air or maybe another Gas, that's from what I've heard the top 1 drug in Uk, people just breathe it in and by doing it too much their lungs and brain lack normal air which ends up in death. I think it might be actually air duster or however it is called no idea.

Might be nitrous from whippets. It's same stuff you get at the dentist. It is a pretty mild drug, only danger is b12 deficiency if someone does it too many times too frequently or damaging their lungs if they stupidly inhalte the stuff directly instead of from a balloon. I vaguely recall some UK thing they made it harder to get whippets so that probably is it. Air duster isn't really a drug per say it is other things in the can of some of them, same as people that inhale spray paint and hair spray etc which I doubt is very popular.
Mar 28, 3:07 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to traed
@SmugSatoko
traed said:

I mean, I've been exposed to second hand smoke since I was still in the womb. I'm pretty sure one drunken idiot throwing down in a bar or causing a car accident has done more damage than that ever will.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 28, 4:55 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
As someone who has a loved one who is an alcoholic, I would have to go with that being worse. Though, both are pretty bad...

✧ forum set by the amazing, yashika-chwan <3 ✧
Mar 28, 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
traed said:
Im not sure if there is numbers on some of these things because it's not always clear. I mean there is likely some reported numbers but true numbers can be pretty unclear especially something like cancer from secondhand smoke since someone might not even think of it since many arent aware of the effects and how alcohol also can cause cancer to the person drinking it. When you say alcohol kills 3 mil per year is that just drunk driving and homicides while under the influence or does it also include suicides and alcohol overdosing or deaths by other accident while drunk Like people that fall off balconies?

I am concerned of the dangers of nicotine juice from vapes. Nicotine absorbs into the skin so if spilled it's a big issue so I think we will start seeing an increase of people dying of nicotine overdose in years to come.

Tobacco kills a lot more people than alcohol overall, but that's including self-imposed harm by users. Alcohol, on the other hand, is far more prone to influence reckless behavior like the things you mentioned: drunk driving, violence and so on. That's why direct injury and/or death caused to others is more attributable to alcohol.
Mar 28, 8:35 PM

Jan 2010
Alcoholics are definitely worse, when they're drunk, they're not themselves. Also, when you're a person who drank alcohol for many years, their brain are messed up and their intelligence get reduced after their brain has been on alcohol for quite a while.

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals? ( 1 2 )

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

50 by Kamikaze_404 »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

42 by Kamikaze_404 »»
1 hour ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

48 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.