Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 4:54 PM

Nov 2016
Ohara won dereshishishi(because Oda wrote the average Navy soldier to be ignorant)

Vegapunk = Einstein

Episode was good. Recap was a must for weekly watchers so I won't complain about that, lol.

They were wilding out on Sanji, lmao.
FMmatronMar 2, 7:22 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 4:56 PM

Sep 2015
Reply to FMmatron
Ohara won dereshishishi(because Oda wrote the average Navy soldier to be ignorant)

Vegapunk = Einstein

Episode was good. Recap was a must for weekly watchers so I won't complain about that, lol.

They were wilding out on Sanji, lmao.
@FMmatron

ROFL this guy decides to post earlier than me, decides to break the MAL rules as hes been doing it for more than 1 year.

Damn this episode I want those boots!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 2, 4:58 PM

Dec 2021
Haven't talked about the Void Century in a while, huh?

While Shaka elucidates the tale of how this technology intertwines with a kingdom from the Void Century, he informs Robin that Ohara's obliteration 22 years ago stemmed from their discovery of this ancient realm, which the World Government sought to expunge from history. Meanwhile, Luffy's crew crosses paths with the genuine Dr. Vegapunk.

The actions of Clover, Olvia, and the other scholars on Ohara carry a profound weight. Choosing to sacrifice their lives to safeguard knowledge in the face of a despotic regime's attempts to manipulate truth speaks volumes about their courage and dedication. It's moments like these that remind us of the enduring spirit of Ohara. One Piece hasn't evoked such emotions in me for quite some time.

And finally seeing Vegapunk after over 500 episodes... What a moment.

Mar 2, 6:27 PM

Apr 2022
dereshishishi prevails! emotional stuff nico robin, it got me too and no matter how many times we see the ohara incident. i like how the gang got mad at shaka for making robin cry lmao. meanwhile luffy stumbling across the actual genius vegapunk after so many episodes at last and that design is crazy, he sounds exactly as i imagined. reveal reminiscent of how kinemon was stuck at punk hazard. they sure have fun with tech. clover also goated for his contribution.
toei giving sanji fans this masterclass on sanji's birthday lmao.
Mar 2, 7:02 PM
Dec 2022
LMFAOOOO

OHARA TIME AHHHHH Professor Clover my beloved Great Kingdom RAA Spandine 👎👎👎
MIDDLE AGED APPLE GRAMPS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO
Saul... Rip olvia again ROBINN Almost got me tearing up lmao
DRAAAAGONNNNNN
Loved the scene of Luffy and Chopper exploring the robot lmao they are so cute I love them so much

VEGAPUNK IS FINALLY ANIMATED LETS GOOOOO BABYYYYY Im so happy I am here to see this

CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE I NEED TO SEE THE REST OF OHARA
Mar 2, 7:33 PM

Jul 2020
It was amazing seeing Vegapunk at long last. The backstory about Ohara and Vegapunk was really intriguing although I feel that the next episode will be the one to show the real revelations given the preview. I really felt for Robin during that scene too - she has always had just about the most tragic past. I did feel there was perhaps a little too much recapping of the buster call though, just saying.
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Apr 2016
The real Vegapunk! I love how he was animated in this episode
Its kind of surreal to finally have Vegapunk in the anime
Mar 2, 7:39 PM

Apr 2014
That Ohara segment is painful and emotional. I can never forget that moment. I hope the World Government burns. Anyways. Ohara still lives. :,)
Mar 2, 7:49 PM

Nov 2012
That was short!
Usopp risking brain damage not to remember the truth of O'hara was funny, but not as much as Sanji's face.
Robomaru!
dragynfaerieMar 2, 8:04 PM
Mar 2, 7:50 PM

Jan 2016
I feel like it was the first time I watched that part for the Ohara incident... was that really a recap?
The whole Luffy and Robo part animation segment was so smooth damn!! Vegapunk seems like a funny man haha, getting so hyped again.
Mar 2, 8:00 PM

Apr 2008
Now I'm wondering how the OG Vegapunk is connected to the other bunch of Vegapunks.
Mar 2, 8:15 PM

Feb 2020
Grand entrance of Albert Einstein Dr. Vegapunk

It's cool to know that Jaguar D. Saul's birthday is in 3 days, exactly the day I was born too 🥹

JIKAI: 🧠🐉
Mar 2, 9:27 PM

Jul 2008
Oh they didn't get through EVERYTHING on Ohara yet....Robin fans rejoice cause we got more!!!
Mar 2, 9:34 PM

Sep 2018
Vegapunk, they even gave him a long tongue as well lol
Mar 2, 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
Hearing more details about the Void Century is incredibly exciting, as this is without a doubt one of the foundations of One Piece yet to be unraveled.
The mere fact that a kingdom was said to have existed that had the same advanced status as Egghead is mind-blowing. At this point, however, I'm wondering what prompted the 20 kingdoms to launch such an attack on this one technically more than superior kingdom. Since we can assume that technology in the rest of the world was extremely limited at the time and Shaka also mentioned "erase", I would guess that only a power like Imu's could have made this happen.

Sanji and Usopp's reactions were priceless. With the way the World Government handles things, they could have guessed right away that knowing this essential information would have extreme consequences.

While I was aware that Professor Clover played a crucial role on Ohara, it was still extremely interesting to learn more about his character and his obsessive passion for the Void Century. Likewise, revisiting the tragedy we all know so well, as sad as it may be, provided an even greater understanding of why Ohara became the target of a buster call in the first place.

As mentioned before, it's hard to put into words what happened on Ohara and the impact it had on Robin's life. Through Shaka's words, Robin obviously remembered her mother and Saul's final moments. Seeing a crying Robin and hearing the OST in the background made this scene all the more emotional. However, this made Robin also realize once again that she is no longer alone and that she has friends at her side who would go through hell for her.

I can imagine how Vegapunk would have liked to take the still-intact books with him to Egghead, but at least we now have an explanation of how he and Dragon got to know each other?

Ever since Vegapunk was first mentioned, I had always wondered what he would look like and generally what kind of character we could expect. The wait was without a doubt worth it. Despite his older age, he still seems to have a very playful and silly side to him, not to mention the obvious Einstein reference, which absolutely speaks for Oda's character design.
In the Ohara flashback, Vegapunk's huge head could not be missed, which probably means that each of his splits took over a part of this brain, which makes his appearance, apart from his tongue, seem more "normal", even if I don't understand all the details yet.

All in all, a very successful introduction to a character who has been shrouded in mystery for such a long time.

I'm excited to see what awaits us in the next episode.
Natsu88Mar 16, 7:22 PM

Mar 2, 10:34 PM

Sep 2010
I just love Chopper and Luffy messin around with the robot! Could watch them for hours, love their "combination"
Mar 2, 11:38 PM

Apr 2015
Loved this episode so much!
Mar 3, 1:49 AM

May 2016
Think next weeks ep is padding
Mar 3, 2:16 AM
Sep 2012
shaka stating that o'hara won in the end... my heart, my soul.... anything o'hara and robin related is just instant tears!
Mar 3, 2:19 AM
Feb 2024
THE BIGEST IQ DR.VEGAPONK DAA BIG BRAIN
One Piece
Mar 3, 2:54 AM
May 2021
Vegapunk has finally arrived. Crazy he was foreshadowed sooo long agoo!!
Mar 3, 3:26 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Not gonna lie, the best episode on Egghead island yet. The character animation was just so good.
Mar 3, 3:44 AM

Oct 2009
Ohara won!! :')
lmao Vegapunk is just Einstein, he even got a apple head!

Honestly surprised that the animation is still so good!!
Mar 3, 3:47 AM
Jul 2021
the soundtrack and animation stood out in this episode, which I value a lot, the pace slowed down a bit in the second half, you can see that Luffy and Chopper's humorous gags were there to stretch out the episode, but I'm not going to complain anymore mostly bc this type of humor reminds me a lot of pretimeskip and i just love this practice.
Mar 3, 4:25 AM

May 2015
I wonder why Imu didn't simply erase Ohara remotely.
Mar 3, 4:33 AM

Apr 2013
So Vegapunk is Oda's version of Einstein, that's more like it. Seems we are slowly learning more and more about the 100 year void.
Mar 3, 4:37 AM

Jan 2021
Finally Vegepunk in the flesh 🤣🤣😂 so glad to see a backstory of the Ohara incident it’s one of my favorite moments Vegapunk looks like Einstein 🤣
Mar 3, 5:25 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Man, these Egghead episodes have been soooo good! I appreciate that Toei is applying more creative liberties to each of these episodes. I just love that little 8-bit game representation of the 20 Kingdoms vs. the one Ancient Kingdom. That was just so cool!

That recap of Ohara during Robin's backstory was a necessary addition because it's a good memory refresher as all of us viewers have nearly forgotten everything that Prof. Clover declared before the Buster Call incident. Prof. Clover was such an adventurous chad during his prime, yahaha!

Woohoo! Dr. Vegapunk, at long last! The revelation of the most genius scientist in the entire world! It's Einstein in the Odaverse, waaooow, lol! I remember back in those days around over a decade ago where I've learned about Vegapunk's name in the anime. My word, it took hundreds and hundreds of episodes for him to be finally revealed, ahaa!! I like that Vegapunk looks so goofy, quasar!!
Mar 3, 5:55 AM
Aug 2021
Some crazy lore has been revealed in this episode, unbelievable episode.
Mar 3, 7:29 AM

Jun 2023
There he is. There is Vegagoat. 😍
Mar 3, 8:02 AM

Aug 2018
A lot of things about the void century revealed, extremely funny episode to watch, bro, I swear to God, I'm loving Egghead so much, something bad might happen, why the hell is this arc so good? I'm just not satisfied with the pacing, but this episode was a masterpiece like the previous ones. And wtf, another Vegapunk? So I assume that's the original Vegapunk? Finally more about Dragon btw, 2 weeks to watch it unfortunately, at least I guess it saves the pacing.

9,8/10
Mar 3, 8:04 AM
Jul 2013
Mentioned in episode 315 for the first time, 781 episodes later, OP's smartest man appears; Dr. VEGAPUNK. 🧪

A tear came to my eyes, the reason is, One Piece is in its last saga, and I know that although it is slow and there are years to go, but things like Vegapunk finally appearing mean that it is approaching its end. 💔
Mar 3, 11:08 AM
Sep 2022
Great episode, and better paced episode. The flashback was fine since its been 700 eps since Robin's backstory, some people really need a refresher
Mar 3, 3:00 PM

Aug 2021
vegapunk's true introduction was done really well. they really nailed how he bonds with luffy right away
Mar 3, 5:54 PM
May 2020
we meet the main dr vegapunk and what a character he is from the short amount of time we got with him, and damn, the link between vegapunk and robin/clover was unexpected so very sentimental
Mar 4, 3:46 AM

Feb 2021
Vagapunk looks like Albert Einstein :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 4, 2:06 PM

Jun 2015
The first interesting episode since the end of Wano arc.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 4, 2:24 PM
May 2023
it was a 10/10 ep. Like one of the fastest 20mins of my life
Mar 4, 6:40 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode! Always nice to have Ohara on screen
Mar 4, 9:05 PM

Mar 2020
I really liked how the recap for this episode was done. Quick flashes of the most important stuff. Only if One Piece did this more often :(

Usopp was kind of annoying in the start, what with Robin getting more and more emotional. The Ohara flashback might have been a bit much, but it was long ago, so it helps to have it. Gotta love the moments with Robin realizing it really is her family with her now.

Good comedy scenes with Luffy and Chopper are always welcome. That robot is omnious though.

So, I guess we finally get to meet the actual Dr.Vegapunk, instead of his alts, and what a guy he is too!

Hey, was that Lilith in the section with Chopper and Robin though. The animation in the entire episode was pretty great and smooth too.

Overall, a good episode.
Mar 5, 12:23 PM
Jan 2022
is the anime on break next week? 😭😭😭😭
Mar 5, 3:28 PM
Mar 2018
Peak Fiction. Unforgettable
Mar 5, 9:55 PM

Nov 2013
Now it's starting to get interesting. And I like the subliminal undertones of the author coming out strong here.. world government=bad. A message cleverly woven into the story.
Mar 6, 2:10 PM
Jan 2020
Sad flashbacks of Robin and Ohara, finally we have seen the original Vegapunk after 600 episodes!
Mar 6, 5:26 PM
Jul 2023
One piece is just great
Mar 9, 7:29 PM

Jul 2016
And now we have a delayed week... sigh
Mar 10, 12:53 AM
Mar 2022
Yeah, Vegapunk looks exactly like I wonder
Mar 10, 3:58 AM
Jan 2023
we found out what knowledge ohara obtained which led to the government destroying it
Mar 10, 4:40 AM

Dec 2013
It's good to know that Ohara's attempt to save the books wasn't in vain. Although I can't imagine that many would have survived so long in the water.

We finally get to meet the original Vegapunk. This introduction has been a very long time coming.
Mar 15, 1:37 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Vegapunk is another crazy "chichi"! Cool!
kekeke
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 963 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2021

75 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 417 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TrowaBarton141 - Sep 12, 2009

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 416 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Sep 5, 2009

87 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 415 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dinamet7 - Aug 29, 2009

104 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.