Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 12:44 PM
Jan 2024
left me wanting more
Mar 1, 12:51 PM

Jan 2021
If anyone kills you, it will be either the demon king or a human mage damn I felt that fast forward 1000 years what she said came true
Mar 1, 1:17 PM

Aug 2022
Great fight! Didn't expect Frieren to have such a flaw. It doesn't seem that big, but I guess that it could be pretty detrimental in a fight.
Mar 1, 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Eternal_Magnanim
Isn't it unfair for all the participants of the dungeon that they have to engage with the clone of First Class Mage Invigilator Sense, when she specifically said that she won't get in their way?
@Eternal_Magnanim I think that's part of the exam. You have to defeat a first class mage to become one. At least this way there is less risk and ganging up is allowed.
Mar 1, 1:35 PM

Jun 2016
I missed those 2 adorable baka (Kanne & Lawine) and their antics... XD
Mar 1, 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
I wonder what Senses plan was to get to the bottom alone if she encountered herself and other clones there?

I want to see more of Flammes past now, seems genuinely interesting! And about Serie saying humans will overtake them, have they not been borderline extinct 1000 years ago already?

Only 3 eps left now.. I already miss this show. Madhouse has peaked again and Im glad they are back! Hope to see season 2 soon! Or else I will just read the manga, but that seems like a waste with this animation quality.

PS: Lawine and Kanne constantly fighting is just the best :D
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 1, 1:57 PM

Mar 2010
eh was hoping the fight would be grandiose but lots of dialogue.. but I guess there might be a greater ending in store for us.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 1, 2:10 PM
Apr 2016
When frieren said to serie "She want to let you know, that her dream come true." That line almost break me. Madhouse did it again. 5/5
ByTaste27Mar 1, 2:17 PM
Mar 1, 2:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As usual, an incredibly pleasant and rewarding viewing experience.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 1, 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
So i guess she uses real spells if it against herself, not just basics ones xd

She went from basic lasers to OP af high tier elemental spells lol

Serie proving elves in this world are not flat in general^"
removed-userMar 1, 2:35 PM
Mar 1, 2:33 PM
Aug 2018
Seriously, this anime rules. Each episode feels like an entire movie. I can't wait until next week!
Mar 1, 3:01 PM
Nov 2022
Very good episode, literally showing the origins of human magic and of course, the reason why Flamme is so remembered and acclaimed...

It will be interesting to see the interaction between Serie and Frieren after the exam xd.
Mar 1, 3:28 PM
Mar 2021
It's nice to see just how everything started from something, even some of the most important people in the world. Makes it all seem so much more human and possible.

Flamme, the founder of humanity's magic, was not some incomprehensible thing; she enjoyed insignificant things and wanted everyone else to as well. Its not like she had some abnormal quality about her that made her immediately start off with some noble intention despite it alienating herself from the whole world just by mentioning it.

She was a person: she was just a person and yet she did all that. I really like this humanistic perspective all throughout the show.

This was a great episode, I really like seeing the backstory behind these people, especially historical figures that at face-value may seem so daunting to not even be comparable to a "regular" person.
Mar 1, 3:31 PM

Jan 2021
The only person that can kill you Frieren is the Demon King or a Human mage. That line goes went so hard. Thought the grandmaster teacher was going to say it would be her.

Wasn't expecting more backstory on Flamme but now we understand how much of an impact of history she actually had. Woman was the mother of magic to humans and trained the greatest mage to ever live so far.

The fight was epic too.
Mar 1, 3:36 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I’m really happy we got to see a little more backstory this episode and the whole episode wasn’t fight. I liked that they decided to sit down and formulate a plan and have Frieren fight herself while Fern took advantage of her weakness and catch her off guard at the very last moment
Mar 1, 3:38 PM
Sep 2015
Heiter with a hangover always gets me.

Great episode overall, I wonder how will they close the series.
Mar 1, 4:07 PM
Apr 2021
Great episode with a lot of talking about their gonna take down the Frieren clone, seeing Heiter hungover had me giggling that bro is such an alcoholic even though he’s supposed to be a priest🤣

Kanne and Lawine fighting each other like children made me laugh as well why are those 2 ALWAYS beefing man😭🙏🏽

The backstory with Serie and Frieren was heartwarming tbh it feels to me like Serie missed Flamme a lot it’s kinda sad how long their lifespans are tbh😕

The animation between when Frieren and Fern were fighting the clone was AMAZING Madhouse really pouring their hearts in this adaptation man I love it🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😫
Mar 1, 4:32 PM
Apr 2021
elegant fight, would like it to be slightly longer but it was quick and methodic, they werent into power flexing nor putting up a show, they went in saw an opening and disposed of it. 👍
Mar 1, 4:36 PM
Jul 2023
What did you think of this episode? (English text only; no manga spoilers.)
Mar 1, 4:44 PM
Oct 2016
The age of humans has arrived. Flamme dream of magic being wide spread amongst humans became realized. Over those one thousand years of human magic development lead to the defeat of the demon king. Sparked by Flamme convincing the world leaders to study magic openly so that it may advance to a point of contention with the demons. Frieren helped carry that torch along after Flamme died, continuing her own training then eventually helping defeat the demon king herself. Another great use of flashback showinf Frieren, Himmel and Eisen fighting a monster in a dungeon. Working together to coordinate a way to defeat an otherwise stronger opponent. Similar to what's going on now with this replica of Frieren, her and Fern going in alone to fight it. Frieren vs Frieren to start with some incredible animation. The magic they were using as two equally powerful mages facing off looked amazing. Such precise spells to try and counter one another, Fern disappearing using that split second of time that Frieren stops mana detecting when she's casting spells. A fatal flaw that can be countered if you know Frieren well enough. Which if anyone does its Fern, lining up for a perfect attack to take out this replica.
Mar 1, 4:51 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
that brief action scene in the middle was INSANE

the music, animation, emotion all stays 10/10
Mar 1, 5:00 PM

May 2015
Reply to Alex_the_reaper
elegant fight, would like it to be slightly longer but it was quick and methodic, they werent into power flexing nor putting up a show, they went in saw an opening and disposed of it. 👍
@Alex_the_reaper oh its
Mar 1, 5:33 PM
Mar 2019
A great teacher will encourage, and be happy that a student surpasses their skill. And Frieren is such a great teacher. Excellent episode once again. Three more episodes to go for this seminal anime :)
Mar 1, 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
The way they animated Frieren's elemental spells left me absolutely mesmerized. They all looked beautiful and the usage of such vibrant colors was simply perfect.

Fantastic episode. Loved the talk between Frieren and Serie about Flamme and how truly relevant she ended up being for humanity.

sigh* Only three episodes left...
Mar 1, 5:46 PM

May 2022
More and more this anime becomes my favorite of all time. I can't believe that such thing exists.

What was this fight scenes?? Frieren X Frieren was insane and this animation and effects... looked like an Ufotable's Fate.

I don't know about the manga, but this anime always has a point or two to praise every episode.

Mar 1, 6:07 PM
Nov 2016
Another nice episode, I'm not expecting crazy good animation in a big flashy action scene because that's not what this anime is about, the action scene was short here but it got straight to the point with a nice flashback so I'm not complaining.

This anime is close to the ending, I didn't think I would say this but I think I will miss this anime once it ends.
Mar 1, 6:08 PM

Apr 2022
this arc is still just okay for the most part but damn man the visuals along with the ost are absolutely beautiful. the scene on the hill where they're facing the sun, i feel like i could get tears in my eyes if that scene went on any longer.
Mar 1, 6:09 PM
Apr 2019
Sense said she will not help or interfere with the test but the fact that there is a clone of her is already a form of interference. Some of the participants dropped out because of her.
And she almost stepped on a trap if Frieren hadn't pointed out. She can't carry her own weight and refuses to help.
Mar 1, 6:13 PM

Sep 2016
Post ending pv tells me penetration testing failed, welp!
bruh
Mar 1, 6:25 PM
May 2017
Stupendous episode! Fern is a cute little monster.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 1, 6:40 PM

May 2014
Is Frieren the GOAT anime in effects? Because they are amazing!
Mar 1, 6:41 PM
Mar 2019
This is the first time we've really seen Frieren flinging spells like this. It was awesome. We also got to see a little into the perspective of the elves.

Also, the next episode is titled "The Height of Magic", which sounds epic. Can't wait until next week.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Mar 1, 6:46 PM

Aug 2011
Replica Frieren wasn't really much of a raid boss after all.
Mar 1, 6:58 PM
Jul 2021
Very good episode. I think the end result showing that Frieren, at least her replica, does have a vulnerability, is fascinating. We’ve spent the series thus far taking her magical skills as infallible.
Mar 1, 6:59 PM
Apr 2023
Trivia: Spiegel is deutsch for a mirror or maybe more accurate a looking-glass mirror (like the hand-held old-fashioned mirrors) so that's why the boss monster's power is to copy whatever it wants as its way of attacking/defending.

I am sure Sein would want to keep that Methode replica 😂
Mar 1, 7:03 PM
Nov 2020
Eternal_Magnanim said:
Isn't it unfair for all the participants of the dungeon that they have to engage with the clone of First Class Mage Invigilator Sense, when she specifically said that she won't get in their way?

Technically she’s not.
Mar 1, 7:07 PM
Apr 2021
billybub said:
@Alex_the_reaper oh its

fr? thats great 😭
Mar 1, 7:41 PM
Feb 2024
Cool backstory about frieren and her master
Mar 1, 7:49 PM
Dec 2019
Excellent. I enjoyed the slow build up and appreciate the later episodes because of it. The flashbacks to Frieren's time with the hero's party and before that with her Masters Master brings it all together. 

Mar 1, 9:23 PM
Nov 2019
I was wondering the whole time how that flashback was going to tie back into what was happening and the ending came, and the way it did was brilliant.

Mar 1, 9:36 PM

Mar 2016
The conversation between Serie and Frieren during the flashback was great in many aspects, especially with how it also more or less combined two flashbacks into one, essentially, by showing a much younger Flamme like a lingering ghost as the two elves were walking through the woods. Serie doesn't want to openly admit that Flamme had had an effect on her emotionally in one way or another, hence her obvious display of being in denial, which also leads to her and Frieren's ideals about magic and its association with humans ultimately being polar opposites. Inevitably humans will slowly but surely overtake what used to an age of elves and demons, while the elves and demons themselves will eventually go extinct even if the former has essentially all the time in the world due to their practical immortality.
Additionally, Serie's warning to Frieren in retrospect might be a sense of foreshadowing to some extent, given the prior context, though I guess that'd be better food for thought in some not-so-far-off future development, perhaps.
Mar 1, 9:38 PM
Nov 2021
Such a action-packed episode with great dialogues and beautiful scenery! Absolutely loved it.
Mar 1, 10:05 PM

Jul 2023
I would like to believe Fern dealt the death blow, but it's still possible the replica survived. It's nice that the flashbacks are back, which were missing last episode.

Anyway, Serie is that figure who wants to keep magic the exclusive use of elves, an elf supremacist perhaps, while Flamme is similar to a Prometheus figure.

There is a room for compromise. It's not as though Serie can't develop or discover a secret spell that humans, no matter how long they try, cannot defeat.

Lawine and her friend aren't exactly the type to reach the bottom of the dungeon. Good thing they have crucial information.
Mar 1, 10:13 PM

Apr 2023
Plot twist: Fern is actually the FINAL BOSS. Her specialty in Zoltraak has made her so powerful that she doesn't even need other magic. Even to kill the last great mage, Frieren the Slayer. Totally superb.

As for the Frieren vs Serie and Frieren vs Frieren scenes, I couldn't agree with you guys more: It's absolute f****ng cinema. 🎥🔥🔥🔥
Mar 1, 10:20 PM
Mar 2015
Fern figured out a way to beat Frieren's doppelganger Serie as an elf feels closer to Frieren than Flamme neither would have spread magic to humans but both took on human apprentices
Mar 1, 10:38 PM
Dec 2022
So Frieren vs the replica with Fern as the deciding factor. This should be interesting. A nice flashback of Frieren delivering her master Flamme's last will to Serie.
Mar 1, 10:51 PM
Apr 2023
Frieren: I am Atomic.
Mar 1, 10:52 PM

Jul 2008
And Fern killed Frieren, the end.
Mar 2, 12:00 AM
Sep 2008
Now I understand what people mean by repetitive episodes.
Mar 2, 12:39 AM

Feb 2015
I love this show but this is the first time I felt the flashback was a bit intrusive on the pacing. it would have been better placed at the start of the episode rather than the middle of the fight
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

790 by EvilJuju »»
25 minutes ago

» Chapter to start in Manga after the anime?

BadSenpai - 2 hours ago

2 by BadSenpai »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

307 by Gator »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

232 by Gator »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShadowkillZ - Mar 15

371 by BetaMaleUltra »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.