Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 15, 3:59 PM

May 2021
Great animation but nothing special besides that so far, the story seems basic or at least the 1st episode was, they definitely went fastforward to the main point and tbh that wasn't that bad, I rather that instead of making me empathize with some random family that I know it will die very soon, 5.5/10. I'll keep watching because I like the american setting and I have nothing to watch this season.
Feb 15, 6:55 PM

Apr 2023
It kinda reminds me of Afro Samurai, which at the time I thought was one of the best anime due to the action scenes. But that was a looong time ago, while I do agree the visuals are spectacular, nothing else really happened, and what happened was pretty generic. Enjoyable but definitely nowhere near a 10/10 as of right now.
Feb 15, 9:21 PM
Apr 2021
prob the best 1st episode i've seen
Feb 16, 12:46 AM
Jul 2021
very impressive first ep
Feb 16, 3:04 AM
Oct 2020
The fight scenes are very satisfying.
Feb 16, 3:37 AM
Mar 2016
Strong start,hope it continues.
Feb 16, 8:33 AM
Aug 2018
Fast paste action, cool animation.
Feb 16, 8:41 AM
Feb 2024
Amazing start definitely looking forward to how it turns out
Feb 16, 10:43 AM

Jul 2015
Let me guess, they found him because he has tracking chip inside of his body?

Feb 16, 1:09 PM
Aug 2021
BRO, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A GOOD REVENGE STORY AND THIS MIGHT BE IT. I gave it a 4/5 because this type of stuff has been done before but I am very gassed to see where this goes. The combat so far looks crisp.
Feb 16, 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
Well, that came out of nowhere. Pretty good.
Feb 16, 2:41 PM

Oct 2019
A great first episode with spectacular choreography, though my critical thinking did not let me give it a full 5/5 rating. Why?

Even allowing for a ridiculous, near limitless supply of mecha-ninjas going after just a few ninja defectors(?) the real problem with the supposed mystery of all these murders is the tens of bodies said mecha-ninjas left behind for the FBI to clean up (as in retrieve, examine, look at their highly advanced tech etc).

We never saw the surviving mecha-ninjas retrieve the bodies of their comrades after eliminating their targets and, even if that happened off-screen with the first four targets, it 100% didn't happen with their 5th hit on our MC and his family, since they barely had time to escape the cops.

So while the media might be kept in the dark about the nature of the killers the FBI should know who or what they are. And yet that black FBI agent who asked the MC questions said he had a... "hunch" the MC knew who did this, suggesting he himself was completely in the dark - despite just being gifted a house full of mecha-ninja bodies...

Too much thinking for a show with a dazzling fight choreography? Should we be content with its good looks and ask nothing more?
SharpedonFeb 16, 2:45 PM
Feb 16, 8:29 PM
Jul 2023
incrível!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 17, 12:39 AM
Jul 2017
First Episode was amazing ..loved the fight scenes...also gave me Metal gear Rising revengeance vibe
Feb 17, 5:44 AM

Jun 2015
Cool albeit unoriginal action piece, looking forward to more beautiful choreography.

I get that the idea of changing faces is introduced in the first minutes, it's kinda necessary when living in secret and probably helps move the plot forward in the future. It just felt somewhat lame that they just couldn't have an American(?) as the protagonist since you know, ninjas.

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one that thought fucking Sundowner was up.
mertsiFeb 17, 5:49 AM
uh oh!
Feb 17, 9:42 AM

Nov 2016
If this was a B Movie my dad would love it
Feb 17, 11:34 AM

May 2015
Ninja doing ninja stuff.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 17, 3:42 PM
May 2021
Insane start!! Holy shit!! 🔥🔥 gonna be hit man!
Feb 17, 4:32 PM
Oct 2022
gore and violence
Feb 17, 6:00 PM
Jun 2020
Really good,animation fluidity is amazing!
Feb 17, 8:19 PM
Oct 2015
Everything JJK S2 should have been animation wise
Feb 18, 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Epic kickoff from an unknown shown.
Feb 18, 7:07 PM
Aug 2020
A ninja John Wick, out for revenge, what more can you ask???
War never changes...
Feb 18, 7:25 PM
Dec 2013
Anime of the year contender.
Feb 18, 8:57 PM

Dec 2022
wow. I have been waiting for this anime for years without knowing it would ever come. this is HOT. PIPING HOT. the Metal Gear Rising lover in my heart is rejoicing.
Feb 18, 11:43 PM
Jun 2021
Dickegrobe said:
So, is this, like, your average ex-super-soldiers-gone-family-now-hunted-by-their-past revenge flick where production spends all of their way above average budget on visuals/animation and got none left for writing (outside of the bare minimum required to glue generic story building blocks together)? I mean it does look good, just feels so seen-a-1000-times and kinda boring already. I may be wrong ... I probably am, there's hoping.

I wish Under Ninja had at least half the production quality ...

I thought the same thing while watching this (i thought I was the only one who thought of that)
Feb 19, 5:01 AM
Oct 2019
WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH???

John Wick but Ninja...

I LOVE SUNGHOO PARK!!

THIS IS CINEMA!!
Feb 19, 5:31 AM
Jan 2024
It was so damn good.
Feb 19, 9:01 AM

Nov 2015
ahh, when they revealed their real appearances the show looked better in my eyes! no more American ninjas please 😮‍💨

I couldn't take the Japanese dub seriously tho... ngl, it sounded like a Gintama episode heh.

Sharpedon said:
Should we be content with its good looks and ask nothing more?

save the doubts you have for the next 11 episodes, dude. it seems to me that you sound a little bit inpatient, I recommend watching ovas and movies like me if you don't tolerate the pace of a TV show (specially 12 eps ones), I really hate 12 episode format, there's no way the story would advance properly (at least, I don't have any examples so far), so let's just adjust ourselves to the tv show narrative 😞

no. cringeworthy, yes. song suck ass

MeanEYE said:
What a first episode. Not a lazy shot in sight. So dynamic, fluid and well choreographed action.

hmm... I don't know, from my TV it looked blurry and skipped frames also the rolling credits stuttered lmao, maybe it looks better on some site online 😕

IzanaSolos said:
Joe Higan, now living as under the alias of Logan,

Joe the flame, lol! Logan was also the name wolverine choose in the marvel anime 🤔 tons of references in the show!
Berry-VodkaFeb 19, 10:45 AM

💢

Feb 20, 12:11 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
That was fking great. The action scenes are soooooo good
Love the music
Keen to get into this John Wick type fk everyone plot
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Mar 2019
Ninja Frank Castle?
This was the 1 most insane anime episode I've watched in years, I hope it continues at the same level of quality in the following episodes, this anime has everything to be the best of the season and who knows, perhaps one of the best of the year.
Ps: Coldrain as always with amazing musics.🤘
Feb 20, 3:41 PM

May 2021
Reply to Berry-Vodka
ahh, when they revealed their real appearances the show looked better in my eyes! no more American ninjas please 😮‍💨

I couldn't take the Japanese dub seriously tho... ngl, it sounded like a Gintama episode heh.

Sharpedon said:

save the doubts you have for the next 11 episodes, dude. it seems to me that you sound a little bit inpatient, I recommend watching ovas and movies like me if you don't tolerate the pace of a TV show (specially 12 eps ones), I really hate 12 episode format, there's no way the story would advance properly (at least, I don't have any examples so far), so let's just adjust ourselves to the tv show narrative 😞

MeanEYE said:
What a first episode. Not a lazy shot in sight. So dynamic, fluid and well choreographed action.

hmm... I don't know, from my TV it looked blurry and skipped frames also the rolling credits stuttered lmao, maybe it looks better on some site online 😕

IzanaSolos said:

Joe the flame, lol! Logan was also the name wolverine choose in the marvel anime 🤔 tons of references in the show!
Berry-Vodka said:

Yeah, they did pull some of those nasty blurs to make things feel fast. Annoying. But action scenes otherwise were very dynamic and nicely choreographed. Didn't even seem lazily drawn aka Naruto's fight in fox form dear lord please don't let it happen again. But stuttering I didn't notice, perhaps you watched someplace with poor encoding?
Feb 20, 4:35 PM
Apr 2023
Anyone else notice the weird audio quality? I’m not an expert so idk what the term would be, but it sounds like there’s kind of a buzzing effect on some of the voices. It’s just noticeable enough that it keeps distracting me from the actual show, which sucks because it’s good so far.
Feb 20, 8:17 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to MeanEYE
Berry-Vodka said:

Yeah, they did pull some of those nasty blurs to make things feel fast. Annoying. But action scenes otherwise were very dynamic and nicely choreographed. Didn't even seem lazily drawn aka Naruto's fight in fox form dear lord please don't let it happen again. But stuttering I didn't notice, perhaps you watched someplace with poor encoding?
@MeanEYE in tv the only channel broadcasting it is Adult Swim in my country, there's SD and HD, when the credits rolled there was stuttering 😂 I'll try the standard definition channel next time if you say the problem is on my end, maybe the HD was overheating the cable box...

💢

Feb 20, 11:56 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Berry-Vodka

Sharpedon said:

MeanEYE said:

IzanaSolos said:

@Berry-Vodka Yeah, no. It was no way cringe. In fact it goes really well with the premise of the show, especially in the first episode
Feb 22, 5:32 PM

May 2015
Eh it's was ok, honestly if it weren't for Tsuda Kenjirou I'd probably drop it
Feb 22, 8:52 PM
Oct 2019
both cops: "what the hell?"

me: "indeed"

entertaining fight scenes. interesting ninjutsu looking whatever. tbd how good this actually is, but a decent start
Feb 23, 6:43 AM
Feb 2021
not a bad pilot, I would've loved to spend a lil more time knowing his family instead of skipping through it with a montage and touching music, but the music is touching so I guess I can't complain, overall the pilot did it's job well, it made me wanna see where it goes, the fight scenes are pretty cool too.
Feb 23, 1:55 PM

Aug 2021
One of the best 1st episodes I have ever seen, without a doubt. Looks like a revenge story? With such an amazing animation, I really look forward to future episodes.
Feb 23, 4:59 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What a first episode. No bs or beating around the bush for this show. Excited to see where it goes
Feb 23, 8:57 PM

Apr 2021
At first I thought the first character was the protagonist, he died so quickly. Incredible beginning, quality of the scenarios, the designs of each character who plays their own role is incredible. the sleep track combining ours felt like I was inside the anime.
Feb 24, 2:06 PM
Aug 2023
goated on the sticks
Feb 25, 2:32 AM

Apr 2015
Woah woah woah, This is how you do a first episode!
I'm sold on this show, Jaw dropping fight scenes and an actually engaging plot. Sign me the F up!
Feb 26, 1:29 PM
Apr 2023
Wow, so this is like anime John Wick?

Very sad that intro (that was waiting for the whole time). I didn't know anything about the show going in, so I thought it was going to do a Batman and have only the son survive.
Feb 27, 12:00 AM
Jul 2020
Literally just all flash and no substance

Is this what people want? Where is the character development? The depth?

Where is the actual plot? It's just killing and being depressed/angry.

Where is the story telling? Even afro samurai had story telling and a plot that was driven by something.
Feb 28, 1:41 AM
Jan 2024
Really nice anime i will recommend it to anyone
Feb 28, 2:08 AM
Dec 2022
Toonami stuff W
Gaw damn the fight scenes in this are crazy
Joe can change his identity cool
The one guy with the giant sword reminds me of sundowner
The musics pretty fire

Was kinda debating at the start if I would like this or not but I think I'll keep watching, it kinda fire
Feb 28, 10:18 PM

Nov 2023
One of the most insane first episodes I've ever seen. 

I already know this is going to be great.
Mar 1, 2:06 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to LemonadeSamurai
Literally just all flash and no substance

Is this what people want? Where is the character development? The depth?

Where is the actual plot? It's just killing and being depressed/angry.

Where is the story telling? Even afro samurai had story telling and a plot that was driven by something.
@LemonadeSamurai it's just the first episode
Mar 3, 5:59 AM
Aug 2021
One of the best first episodes of all time, this show has a lot of potential , I hope it will live up to it!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

51 by Slick-Sama »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

44 by Wonkeyweenie3 »»
Yesterday, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

45 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireRifle64 - Mar 16

59 by Scratxhh »»
Apr 29, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

48 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Apr 28, 3:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.