Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 5:32 AM

Nov 2020
wow they finally accepted❤️
Feb 12, 6:14 AM
Feb 12, 7:09 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to Gavinyeet
Very sad that park is being wasted on this trash
@Gavinyeet how is he being wasted if it’s something he wants to do?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 12, 7:12 AM

Mar 2010
Very brutal episode :( Sad that their happy life got deleted so quick. Must have been hard for him to have to burn the house down in the end. Really great episode. I usually do not touch revenge stories but could not pass one with Tsuda as the main.
Feb 12, 7:13 AM

Oct 2013
John Wick .. is that you? lol
peak of the season? i see it happening
Feb 12, 7:27 AM
Mar 2019
Crazy first episode. Looking forward to more!

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Feb 12, 7:29 AM

Sep 2016
Holy smokes, that's some seriously outstanding battle animation, better than anything I've seen in JJK and Demon Slayer.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 12, 7:30 AM
Feb 2023
The only thing i can say is WOW
Feb 12, 9:08 AM
Dec 2022
so great and so epic, the battle is so powerfull and super epic................. boommmmmmm
Feb 12, 9:50 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Story so far seems clichéd as hell but its so visually stunning that I can look past that (for now).
Feb 12, 10:04 AM
Mar 2023
Surreal, I loved this debut, what animation! I hope it maintains this level, which is really good!
Feb 12, 10:32 AM

Apr 2015
The story is generic and edgy as fuck like my fanfics of this genre. But i have a lot of fun, i wish they had drop every episode in one go. Going for JP dub was the right choice for me, Kenjiro doing a badass character is must watch.
Feb 12, 10:48 AM

Sep 2020
HOLY SHIT WTF DID I JUST WATCHED 💥🤯💥
Feb 12, 11:06 AM

Oct 2019
The writing here is on the weaker side, but holy shit that action was orgasmic.

If jjk fans wanted more action scene that had the season 1 style, this is that and maybe even more.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Feb 12, 11:17 AM
Aug 2021
great fighting scenes and plot twist
Feb 12, 11:45 AM
Jan 2023
High hopes for this one... I feel like it's Adult Swims take on Edgerunners, and I'm all here for it
Feb 12, 11:52 AM

May 2020
Animation was so good. Anime overall was better than i expected.
Revenge part skipped in 1 episode. I hope they can fill up rest of season well.

I will make you beeeeeggg
Make you praaaaayyy

Another addicting opening from coldrain.

Feb 12, 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
The pilot episode of the series really delivered. It quickly delved into the plot, establishing the overarching direction it intends to take. The story might not be its strongest aspect, but that's perfectly fine. It will, hopefully, offer a nice break to unwind after a tough day, especially given the visually captivating fight scenes.

Also, that song at the end has become my latest fixation. I assume it's the opening song that we'll see in later episodes(?)

Anyway, can't wait to see more.
Feb 12, 12:25 PM
Jul 2022
Adult Swim is back.
Feb 12, 12:33 PM

May 2020
Reply to Pokitaru
The pilot episode of the series really delivered. It quickly delved into the plot, establishing the overarching direction it intends to take. The story might not be its strongest aspect, but that's perfectly fine. It will, hopefully, offer a nice break to unwind after a tough day, especially given the visually captivating fight scenes.

Also, that song at the end has become my latest fixation. I assume it's the opening song that we'll see in later episodes(?)

Anyway, can't wait to see more.
@Pokkitaru

Yes it is

https://youtu.be/3M7bsSqAK4o?si=wliF7UGf0gtxF8Z8
Feb 12, 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to defaulticus
@defaulticus Oh, I didn't know the op was already out. Looked stunning, just like the episode.

Thank you for sharing!
Feb 12, 12:58 PM
Oct 2020
dude that was insane
Feb 12, 1:54 PM
Sep 2018
Gives me Katana Zero vibes and I love it
Feb 12, 1:59 PM

May 2020
Reply to Pokitaru
@defaulticus Oh, I didn't know the op was already out. Looked stunning, just like the episode.

Thank you for sharing!
@Pokkitaru

You are welcome my friend. Have fun <3
Feb 12, 2:46 PM
Dec 2022
just really good, very engaging with top tier animation
Feb 12, 3:05 PM
Mar 2022
Epic first episode, incredible fight scenes, music and animation. Sad story in the beginning too.
Feb 12, 3:36 PM
Oct 2023
The animation is amazing! seems like that's about it though
Might drop because the plot seems kinda generic, we'll see how it goes maybe it will surprise me
Feb 12, 3:39 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to phantomfandom
Once in a while we get anime that made for non-Japanese people, more specifically westerners, even more specifically American people. And the producer seems to think that audience from this kind of demographic will satisfy with anything as long as the budget is high.
@phantomfandom They lean way too hard into the violent fights. I'm guessing for non weebs who aren't used to this kinda animation they crank the violence way up to be more like old action movies
Feb 12, 3:41 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to Dickegrobe
So, is this, like, your average ex-super-soldiers-gone-family-now-hunted-by-their-past revenge flick where production spends all of their way above average budget on visuals/animation and got none left for writing (outside of the bare minimum required to glue generic story building blocks together)? I mean it does look good, just feels so seen-a-1000-times and kinda boring already. I may be wrong ... I probably am, there's hoping.

I wish Under Ninja had at least half the production quality ...
@Dickegrobe Damn, now I'm imagining it too... It's a shame because under ninja was so real
Feb 12, 3:44 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to mizukasa
Very early display of plot armor. Why didn't the villains decapitate him? -_-
@mizukasa
>squad of ~50 fully equipped trained superhuman ninjas who fight at incomprehensible speed
>walk away when the cops come
Feb 12, 4:16 PM

Jul 2017
That was quite the first episode to say the least. I didn't like Jujutsu Kaisen nor God of High School but I know that Sung-hoo Park is a very capable director who can really make action scenes shine at its best and this first episode was already more engaging to me with his action than the episodes from his previous shows. There isn't too much to go about that's in-depth with the story, with some obvious beats and cliches present from the get-go. But when I look at a first episode, even with the story not being in-depth right from the start, if it can hook me or have me engaged then it's a win. And this episode sure did that. The action was outstanding throughout the episode, the pace was awesome and electric, the bloody nature and unpredictable time of when death occurs with every strike rather than having everything take forever, the lack of dialogue and usage of music to make action even more blood-pumping. It was a visual and atmospheric spectacle to say the least, even better than some of Park's other stuff. Glad that this is done outside of MAPPA and hopefully in a much better environment as a whole in the long run. To summarize it, everything looked and felt badass with actual weight to it too, not just doing a stunt show. I just love action scenes that are quick, lacking in dialogue and full on intense and focused to take down their opponents and this was my type.

So yeah, the first episode was pretty good. I'm still not quite sold on how this will end up in the long run with the long-term storytelling and characterization, but some of the twists did have me intrigued for a premiere episode (the whole visual identity switches making sense with what the interests were from those people and their names too) with the end and more importantly, the action and music ruled together. Coldrain doing a song is always welcomed, and its a fitting band to have be a part of this show. Like Coldrain, the anime got a really striking mix of Western and Japanese vibes to it and it does feel like a nice change of pace from the other shows this season, at least for one episode. Hopefully this doesn't get boring soon.
Feb 12, 4:30 PM
Jul 2015
Reply to noyza2132
@Dickegrobe Damn, now I'm imagining it too... It's a shame because under ninja was so real
@noyza2132 While the action scenes in UN are not why I like it, they're crazy good (in the manga). It's one of the very rare instances where I was really looking forward to the anime for some fight scenes. But, yea, the anime kinda underdelivered on that part.

And then I see something like this.
Feb 12, 4:52 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Serafos
A decent start. Nice animation and action scenes.
@Serafos "A decent start. " u are loli fan bro wdym about " decent starT"
MALoween 2023:
Bonus: x3
Feb 12, 8:57 PM

Dec 2019
That was fucking insane wtf i didnt expect this to be that good and the music was so good too

Was literally john wick with swords
Feb 12, 9:01 PM
Oct 2019
Absolutely based episode.
Feb 12, 9:39 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to mizukasa
Very early display of plot armor. Why didn't the villains decapitate him? -_-
@mizukasa Are you for real dude ??? This is your complain ? 😭🤣🤣
Feb 12, 11:35 PM

Jul 2010
Reply to ZXEAN
@mizukasa Are you for real dude ??? This is your complain ? 😭🤣🤣
@ZXEAN I mean it's a pretty solid critique but I personally have no issues with this- we all know the plot had to happen.
From what I understand, he had no pulse + he was stabbed right through chest. The job is done. Sure they should have decapitated him just like the poor fella in the opening scene just to be on the safe side, but then there would be no show.
At least I don't know how you can write yourself out of this corner: they have a very clear job and they need to finish it, if he runs away- they will chase him down, they can't leave him alive neither. So... there's that. MC could, in theory, kill all the attackers, still fail to save his wife and son and only then go for the Big Bad who ordered the hit, but then the first episode wouldn't be as impactful as it is rn imo.
Feb 13, 1:52 AM
Dec 2023
The first episode is a very cool injection
Feb 13, 5:13 AM
Jun 2016
God like animation! Must watch!
Feb 13, 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit the fights go so hard.
Feb 13, 5:39 AM

Aug 2020
Aww come on... I like the blond look...

Pretty good episode ngl, Tsudaken's voice is already a plus but the story is quite good, and the animation is also over the top.
DILF characters need more appreciation
Hot boys which are not Bishies also welcome
Feb 13, 6:40 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
Holy smokes, that's some seriously outstanding battle animation, better than anything I've seen in JJK and Demon Slayer.
@Zarutaku jjk I accept but demon slayer? Nah Thats over exaggeration. It isnt better than demon slayer yet
Feb 13, 6:48 AM
Jan 2020
just amazuinh the character really put revenge anime on the map
Feb 13, 7:08 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to XiongYifan
@Zarutaku jjk I accept but demon slayer? Nah Thats over exaggeration. It isnt better than demon slayer yet
@XiongYifan Jujutsu Kaisan S2 have wayyy better action scenes than Demon Slayer lol.

Anyway if Ninja Kamui can deliver this level of action for 12 episode stright than it will definitely end up being the pinnacle of action genre when it comes to anime.
ZXEANFeb 13, 7:17 AM
Feb 13, 7:53 AM
Jan 2024
Just crazy! The fight and details of animation is quite phenomenal.
Feb 13, 8:37 AM
May 2016
John Wick'esque feeling with sick animations. Put on the Doom Theme on replay and you will have a blast
Feb 13, 9:34 AM
Jul 2022
I haven't watched it yet, but wtf man? This came out of nowhere. Just after ep 1 everyone is talking about it. How many more surprises am I gonna get this year? lol. I'm definitely watching this tonight.
Feb 13, 10:22 AM
Sep 2017
banger banger banger
Feb 13, 11:16 AM

May 2021
What a first episode. Not a lazy shot in sight. So dynamic, fluid and well choreographed action. It's been a while since we saw this level of quality for first episode. Story is pretty much nonexistent at this point, but there's time. Definitely watching this one, even though it had a delayed start. New studio and very eager talent wanting to show off. Am ready!
Feb 13, 11:27 AM

Dec 2020
masterclass in choreography and fight animation

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

54 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 25, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

138 by menacce »»
Sep 22, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

50 by menacce »»
Sep 22, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 23

41 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 30, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireRifle64 - Mar 16

66 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 22, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.