Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Aww, it's cute Ivy made a new friend. Sure, that guard was intimidating at first but turns out to be kindhearted after all as the two goes shopping in town together.

Never judge a book by its cover I guess. I'm just glad to see Ivy enjoying her adventure and making even more new discoveries.
Feb 9, 6:40 AM

Feb 2020
Ciel is such a gorgeous kitty. :3

After all the bad things Ivy has been through, it's good to see her making new friends. <3

SerafosFeb 9, 11:49 AM
Feb 9, 7:30 AM

Jun 2008
Best cat makes an appearance! Ciel doesn't get much screen time unfortunately. Such is life for monsters and humans. A non-tamed monster approaching the town would set off a lot of alarms. Sora also seemed to heal Ciel much faster than it did Ivy. Healing getting better over time?

We also got to meet the scary captain and vice-captain. The evil stare scene was quite something. The random praying mantis also posing threateningly was a brilliant addition. It's also a good change in tempo from Ivy's previous experiences.

We get a few small world building points this episode. We got a better view in how adventurers and travelers who don't want or can't stay at inns stay in towns. Based on Ivy's reaction, different towns have different ways of managing the sites. This town is pretty strict and well watched. Which was fortunate for Ivy considering the four adventurers who decided so was easy prey. Really helps to have the stamp of approval from the guard captain.

For LN notes, see below:
Feb 9, 8:11 AM
Jun 2020
I love Ivy but how can she still not realize that she don need those potions no more cuz' Sora have an healing ability..!?
*('is she stupid?' type shit lol)

This proly my most anticipated anime this season. been longing for this kind of Iyashikei-fantasy anime.
Feb 9, 8:18 AM
Sep 2015
Privately making alcohol beverage is illegal in most countries, but it's definitely not evil act, that's why I'm confused when I see the slime judge that person as a bad guy. Does slime ever care about human laws?

Overall, I think this world is a very nice place to live, yes there are some criminals but as long as the guard is doing their job it should be okay. But the discrimination against zero-star skill is just pure madness. In fact, the action against zero-star people is closer to the word "genocide" than "discrimination". Maybe it's only applied to Ivy's birth village and other villages don't care about this topic, but I've to be cautious if I live in that world.

Oh, by the way, the guards in this episode are so hot, if I live in that world I'll probably choose this village as my hometown.
Feb 9, 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
Only trash would torment a child, like that. That feline looks like a cougar sound like one too, almost. If it weren't for those typical trash this episode feels encouraging. I really hope she met people she can trust and form a party.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 9, 9:46 AM

Mar 2021
Ivy is so lucky to be to make some new amazing friends and her new tent looks so cool
Feb 9, 9:58 AM

Dec 2022
sora re\lly is a special slime he can heal because his diet his healing potions and he can soon cure illnesses because of the red potion also she made an new ally
sora might be op i thinking making potions out of him by feeding him herbs or just generally healing wounds for cheap
Feb 9, 10:36 AM
Jun 2011
Reply to Callidin
Best cat makes an appearance! Ciel doesn't get much screen time unfortunately. Such is life for monsters and humans. A non-tamed monster approaching the town would set off a lot of alarms. Sora also seemed to heal Ciel much faster than it did Ivy. Healing getting better over time?

We also got to meet the scary captain and vice-captain. The evil stare scene was quite something. The random praying mantis also posing threateningly was a brilliant addition. It's also a good change in tempo from Ivy's previous experiences.

We get a few small world building points this episode. We got a better view in how adventurers and travelers who don't want or can't stay at inns stay in towns. Based on Ivy's reaction, different towns have different ways of managing the sites. This town is pretty strict and well watched. Which was fortunate for Ivy considering the four adventurers who decided so was easy prey. Really helps to have the stamp of approval from the guard captain.

For LN notes, see below:
@Callidin LN notes:
Feb 9, 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to Goldkoron
@Callidin LN notes:
@Goldkoron
I like how they are handling it personally. Having recently re-gone through the first LN, they've only skipped a few things. The biggest one being the skipping of the snake village. The moving things around makes sense for an onscreen adaptation. Gives more time for the viewers to get comfortable with the characters/ideas before rushing through the slower, more minor sections.

At the same time, I do wish they had 13-16 episodes available to tell it all in the LN story. While we do have the LNs to tell that story, it would've neat to have it animated as close to 1-to-1 as possible. But, changes between media are inevitable and, due to the predetermined episode count, they have to shuffle things around. I can respect that and enjoy this anime as its own thing.

For what they are doing, I would consider this one of the more faithful adaptations I've seen. Most shows cut massive chunks and critical information. This show has kept most of the information while also adding in some new information at the cost of shrinking the first arc down a bit.
Feb 9, 11:18 AM

Mar 2021
I do like the slow and steady nature of this anime. It can hardly be called plot driven by any stretch of the imagination, but watching Ivy plod along making friends (and picking up a new pet) is oddly compelling. Meeting new and unique characters (even if we never see them again) really adds to the world building and some of the little details (like what is going on with the village?) makes it seem like we are really building up to something.

I really like the art style and animation of this show as well. Much of the animation seems smooth, the compositions/direction really sets up some gorgeous shots, and the character designs have been distinct and charming. The music does not really stand out to me but complements the story well. The only episode that has not been just pleasant to watch was the third (and that was due solely to the heartbreaking nature of the story).
Feb 9, 11:25 AM
Jun 2011
Reply to Callidin
@Goldkoron
I like how they are handling it personally. Having recently re-gone through the first LN, they've only skipped a few things. The biggest one being the skipping of the snake village. The moving things around makes sense for an onscreen adaptation. Gives more time for the viewers to get comfortable with the characters/ideas before rushing through the slower, more minor sections.

At the same time, I do wish they had 13-16 episodes available to tell it all in the LN story. While we do have the LNs to tell that story, it would've neat to have it animated as close to 1-to-1 as possible. But, changes between media are inevitable and, due to the predetermined episode count, they have to shuffle things around. I can respect that and enjoy this anime as its own thing.

For what they are doing, I would consider this one of the more faithful adaptations I've seen. Most shows cut massive chunks and critical information. This show has kept most of the information while also adding in some new information at the cost of shrinking the first arc down a bit.
@Callidin I don't know, it feels disrespectful to the original author to me. The way they also just change how original scenes went despite being same length, as if the director feels like they are improving upon the source rather than faithfully trying to adapt it. However, I don't know just how much Honobonoru has a hand in this adaptation.

I understand they have to fit things in 12 episodes though, just doesn't mean I like to see things changed so much, I get very OCD about these things I guess.
Feb 9, 11:47 AM

Jun 2008
They usually have the author as a consult for how things should play out and during script reviews, with a few notable (infamous) exceptions. Considering how many people were stating they would drop the show if it started with the abuse sections, they made a smart choice for a good chunk of viewers. Considering how close they have been following it and how much the staff has been paying attention to the details of the story in general, I would still say this is a pretty good adaptation for a story I would never have thought would get one.

I've made the decision to not mind changes as much once I started getting into storytelling and how it changes in different media. The approaches, why certain things don't work as well, why things need to be changed, why some of our darlings need to be cut out. It's always a hard job and it is easy to make mistakes that can completely ruin an adaptation, regardless of to what media. In LNs we get a lot of character inner dialogue and that simply does not play out well in most visual media. As change is inevitable, I think it is important to separate the written work from the visual work, even if they are telling the same story. Enjoy it for a new telling of the story and appreciate the work and love put into it. The last part is especially true of this anime. The animation, art direction, and VA involvement is extremely high for a work that isn't as popular. This is well beyond an ad for the LNs/manga.
Feb 9, 1:48 PM

Sep 2016
Sora is such a glutton. lol
Feb 9, 1:59 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Hiruuu_
I love Ivy but how can she still not realize that she don need those potions no more cuz' Sora have an healing ability..!?

This proly my most anticipated anime this season. been longing for this kind of Iyashikei-fantasy anime.
@Hiruuu_
Sora take a while to heal (there was a brief transition showing that it took time healing Ciel), meanwhile even an expired healing potion healed her injury in instantly after using multiple. Also, she doesn't know if Sora's healing have a limit or not, so it's smart to keep at least one potion around.
Feb 9, 3:06 PM

Apr 2022
Ivy finally met some genuinly kind people, and it's a very reassuring sight. She could've asked for a tent that wouldn't attract unwanted attention, but nonetheless I'm glad things turned out well in the end.
Feb 9, 4:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
If Ivy DOES give Sora that brand new potion, Sora better get a significant power-up from it

Another feel-good episode. After being rejected and threatened by her own family and village, it warms the heart just to see people finally standing up for her.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 9, 5:25 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode! Ivy's turning point?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 9, 5:48 PM
Aug 2022
As someone who adores cats I gotta say if we don’t see ciel again or they die them I’m gonna be really sad.

This was a great episode
Feb 9, 8:33 PM
Mar 2021
I like this episode because, Ivy got a chance to meet many people with calm situation. looks like town guard concern about people who have lived at Ivy hometown, so they welcome Ivy with love.
Nice episode
Feb 9, 8:53 PM

Mar 2013
Thank goodness, Ivy is safe.
I was really worried when a bunch of bastards and bitches smirked at Ivy and her tent. Scary.
Fortunately, there are a lot of guards.

I just hope they catch the other two jerks who have escaped from being captured.

Btw, her new friend is wonderfully animated.

Ivy having fun is so adorable. 🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 9, 9:58 PM

Feb 2019
will this be the village that Ivy will kinda-sorta-mighta settle down for a little while and end up becoming an adventurer? at least the guards were nice even though they all looked intimidating lol and i knew sora will want to eat the brand new blue potion ivy was given lol
Feb 9, 10:14 PM
Apr 2023
Hey this was a nice episode. Looks like her karma is finally shining upon her and she actually is meeting the right people.
Nice turnaround from the depression-inducing life she was having recently
Feb 9, 10:44 PM

Sep 2018
I do like the idea of Ivy finding people she can trust after all the shit she's been through, prior to her journey. Enjoyable episodes, apart from ep 3.
Feb 9, 10:46 PM

Nov 2013
I'm in tear in this episode, finally Ivy meet a kind people.
Feb 10, 6:34 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to Hiruuu_

@Hiruuu_ Ivy doesn't want to reveal her healing slime to strangers. So it makes sense to keep some healing potions on hand for herself in case of an emergency when she needs to heal herself in presence of other people.
Feb 10, 6:43 AM
Sep 2016
Latome... The start of Ivy's luck finally turning around for the better. Starting with Ciel, Oggto, and many more to come herein after....

Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Feb 10, 7:25 AM

Jun 2016
MUST PROTECT AT ALL COST !!! 2X
Feb 10, 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
good job Sora healing Ciel
lol the one thing i wanted to see after episode 1 (i'm sure i commented it somewhere) was to see Ivy collect a bunch of strong tamed monsters, like dragons and tigers, and go back to her village to show off what they lost by kicking her out ... if she can tame this big cat (and i bet she will), that's one big step closer :D

tho it seems the village is doing quite poorly, so maybe they will go dead before she gets to go back ... might be deserved tbh, don't tell me their awesome people with high stared skills can't keep their vllage safe lmao

while the guards and shop people are so nice to her, there's always some idiots trying to steal lol glad to see that the guard knew about her situation and quickly beat the bad guys, fucking trash

lol poor Sora wants the good potion, will Ivy give it? will Sora steal it while she sleeps? (wouldn't be the first time lols)
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 10, 10:35 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to uncleqrow
Latome... The start of Ivy's luck finally turning around for the better. Starting with Ciel, Oggto, and many more to come herein after....

@uncleqrow
Feb 10, 2:03 PM

May 2019
It was nice to see that the intimidating looking guards actually helped out Ivy, especially after she told them the truth that she was from Latomi Village. On the other hand, while it was a shame that those bums tried to rip off Ivy because she had a nice looking tent, it's a life lesson that there are good-mannered positive people and others that will steal and cheat to get whatever they want.

I wonder if we'll see Ciel again at some point as it would be good to have a bodyguard when Ivy is traveling through the forest.
Feb 10, 2:44 PM

Nov 2009
Awww, we got the Big kitty, and Sora healed the cat.

PET THE BIG KITTY, so cute.

Too bad, the kitty is considered dangerous and can't actually travel with Ivy into the city.

And yea... all the guards look scary AF in Ivy's POV, lol.

Also... adventurer's rest... thought it was going to be an Inn, but nope...

It's literally just a Castle Yard square where people lay out their blankets or tents to rest... LOOOL...

hmmm... "lazy Joya bought a tent, but got a woman after and returned the tent"... sounds like this Joya guy... USED the tent...

also, small and light huh... the tent looks pretty large compared to the other ones she saw before.

HAHAHA @ Sora's (●✧●) wanting the new potion.
amlgFeb 10, 2:53 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 10, 6:05 PM

Sep 2010
Sounds like the village leader in Latomi is running it into the ground, or maybe the loss of Luba is causing them problems. Wonder how much everyone else knows though. I guess if they don't have wanted posters here, maybe they don't know the village put a bounty on a girl's head.

Good forward-thinking from the guard captain, because that looked like a really expensive tent. Attracted unwanted attention right away.
TakataFeb 10, 8:14 PM
Feb 11, 9:17 AM

Oct 2008
i hope Ciel eat those bastard thugs!
good thing nothing bad happened to Ivy! and thankgod one of the officials is there to stop those friggin' pests!
5/5.

Feb 12, 2:42 AM

Feb 2017
I have trust issues so I'm waiting for something tragic happening again after how nice everyone's been so far
Feb 12, 1:54 PM

Mar 2010
Ahh I am happy Ivy finally meets new people and a new monster. Happy she has gotten allies here!

Wonder what happen to her village
StardewFeb 13, 1:17 PM
Feb 12, 6:26 PM

Feb 2011
This show is literally "nothing happens: the anime" of the season.

Absolutely not worth the 23 minutes i wasted of my life watching it.

Feb 13, 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, that captain guardsman is such impressively kind person. Such people are so rare, unfortunately.
Feb 15, 8:27 AM

Apr 2016
Wow what a heartwarming episode. Hopefully she immediately comes back for Ciel.

I'm kinda worried for next episode now.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Feb 17, 2:55 AM
Mar 2019
Ivy has a new friend. And apparently he/she has found a loophole with her/his taming ability. This is slowly building up momentum.
Feb 24, 12:02 AM

Jul 2017
Ivy and Sora encountering a hurt adandala, and while the former is sad seeing it die before its hands, the latter just whiskes its way over it to completely heal and save its life.

Together with the adadala, Ivy gives it its name: Ciel, a rather ambitious effort for a non-tamed monster. And going to Latome Village where a fearsome guard awaits those who enter its village, other than encountering someone who's trying to smuggle alcohol into the village, he gave to Ivy quite the scare before her entrance. But that being said, she's allowed to pass, gather resources and make a living...on top of the many guards making their rounds. And the same red-haired guard Oggto and his buddy Vellivera encountered Ivy while she's getting a tent, though they're surprised at her amount of money on her from completing dangerous quests back in Latomi. And with the guards' help, Ivy gets her very own tent. But as soon as she's about to leave, she meets a group of people trying to steal from her, that one guard manages to stop them before Ivy gets hurt any further.

A rough start for Ivy in Latome Village, but I'm glad that this is a good setup.
Mar 29, 12:11 PM

Sep 2012
i looked at ciel's face and i was like there something famine about ciel's face, then i looked at wiki and was like lol they wanted to make beasts gender obvious, i don't remember that in any series before

and guards don't mess around lol

sora's menu is changing the more sora eats and grows
Mar 29, 10:49 PM
Aug 2023
It was pretty risky healing a rando cat monster that was stumbled upon, but luckily it was smart enough to be grateful for having it's life saved. If the monster manual book is correct and it takes something like 5 high ranked adventurers to take Ciel down...then WTF took down Ciel? Probably not humans since it probably wouldn't have been so totally friendly to Ivy if so.

As for Ivy's past life "memories", I now am doubting it's memories and thinking it's more like a split personality. Right at the beginning of this episode her past life "memories" reminded Ivy she has the reward money still, that was a specific thing from a specific event from her personal journey in this world. It's not something a past life memory from another world would remind her of. So what the heck is going on with her "past life memories"? It's more like memories and a consciousness that's somewhat separate from her own communicating to her at times, rather than Ivy regaining memories of her past life. Like an actual memory isn't going to solve math problems for you.
Mar 30, 5:20 PM
Mar 2024
Although she doesn't tame it, she befriends her first really big beast. I kind of hate that Ivy is SO slow on the uptake. She's seen healing magic twice now and still hasn't figured out that she doen't need to hoard the 'good' potions for an emrgency...she has a magical healer for a pet/bff.
Mar 30, 9:32 PM
Jan 2009
Latomi village to Latome village. Seriously?
Apr 9, 3:40 AM

Jun 2022
Atleast Now There R Some Reasonable Adults Around Her , Nice!

Apr 23, 5:02 AM

Feb 2021
Now She even tame another monster XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 30, 7:14 AM
Jan 2023
Ivy finds an injured big cat in the forest, and Sora is able to heal it, and then they befriend it. What an adorable big kitty.

Ivy also arrives at a new village, buys a tent, and has the guards protecting her.

Pretty sweet episode again, can't wait to see what she'll get up to next time.
Jun 1, 1:44 AM

Nov 2019
Ivy finds an injured feline friend and Sora heals it, the large cat becomes friendly with Ivy. It seems like we found a new companion although she can't tame it. She names the large cat Ciel.

Ivy finds a place to set up camp and needs a tent. Seems like she is going through the same loops meeting people and getting used to the business around the places she visits. Feels a little repetitive for an adventure style series.

She gets into a scuffle over the tent she bought, some bandits try to steal from her in the camping grounds and the guard intervenes. I wonder if Sora is going to grow into a real communicative companion, it feels like Sora has been growing and eventually becoming more energetic.

Aug 23, 6:30 PM

Apr 2021
She has a lot of money. What happened to that city?
That guard isn't that scary. An insect made him scared. XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23

49 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 8, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

68 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 1, 11:41 AM

» Studio deserves a shut down

TurnipFan - Jul 14

21 by Otakupervert890 »»
Aug 24, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

82 by iwubanime »»
Jul 28, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12

118 by micheku »»
Jul 7, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.