Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
Mendo's segments in this show are like a meme at this point. Trying to escape an engagement isn't easy.

Pretty interesting we did get to see Asuka this season though. Her phobia of men is evident and Ataru's presence doesn't make it any better. I just find it amusing that somehow, Ataru always gets paired up with a girl in this show and he makes no effort to hide his personality.
Feb 8, 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 8, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
Yet another full-length episode. Season 2 is really not holding back when it comes to these.

It was indeed the case that Tobimaro had a younger sister. However, she had never interacted with any men, not even her father or brother, and she lived her life clad in armor. She was a girl in armor, not in a box. For some reason, Lum, Shinobu, and Ataru hurried to Mendo, who was seeking to evade marriage. Tobimaro makes the decision to shield his sister from Mendo by chaining Mendo and Ataru to the wall. Asuka, meanwhile, finds herself chained to the opposite wall in an attempt to alleviate her intense reaction to men.

Mendo's really struggling to come to terms with marrying a girl like Asuka. I genuinely feel bad for him. And then there's Ataru... He'd probably jump at the chance to take her off Mendo's hands, haha. But I can't help but sympathize with Asuka too. I mean, her first encounters with men involve Ataru and Mendo... That's got to be rough. It's likely left her with some serious trauma. On the upside, it seems like she's developed a bit of a brother complex in the end... I guess that's something?

Personally, I think this one is better than the full-length episode in the electric jungle. Here's to more full-length stories this season.

Feb 8, 10:00 AM
Sep 2015
Funny episode. Not sure if I feel funnier than usual because of incest theme.
Feb 8, 10:09 AM

Feb 2021
The face of the Mizunokōji father is a henohenomoheji (へのへのもへじ), a face known to be drawn by Japanese schoolchildren using seven hiragana characters grouped together to look like a face.

6:48 箱入り娘 (hakoiri musume lit. box put daughter/girl) - girl who has led a sheltered life. What does "handle with square" mean btw? Is it a saying I don't know? Google doesn't seem to help. I assume it's something like "handling in a precise or methodical manner".

21:10 Here he actually said 破談 (hadan) - breaking off (an engagement, negotiations, etc.); cancellation

​Really enjoyed this. Especially at the end when Asuka learned that Shutaro is a big brother too and suddenly stopped being scared of him lol.
Feb 8, 10:27 AM

Jan 2018
Ataru is a nice guy. He cares about what's inside. Lol.

Jokes aside, it's unfortunate that the poor girl is probably traumatized for life thanks to Ataru and Mendo. But I think the one who should be blamed the most is probably Asuka's mom who's still keeping up with this crazy tradition with her daughter.

I loved M.A.O.'s performance as Asuka. The soft voice fits really well with her. And I'm a bit glad she didn't scream as much compared to the OG anime lol. Mamoru Miyano's Mendo was also really good in this episode. Loved the beginning of the episode especially.

The next episode is Lum Becomes a Cow which is a fan-favorite episode. But I'm a bit disappointed there will be no Valentine's Day episode. It's also weird that...
Feb 8, 10:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thats one hell of a dream that Mendo's having. Even for a sheltered young lady Asuka really is the rare kind of that phrase. The Mizunokoji family sure had some strange traditions though. The fact that it took elephant trancs to take her down really showed the level of endurance Asuka had. With that said im curious how her mother managed to overcome her own phobia. Being a brother in this case sure is tough on Mendo. Asuka really is a bundle of laughs with how sheltered she is. Gonna be a long road for her if she wants to see men normally.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 11:34 AM

Aug 2017
0451 said:
The next episode is Lum Becomes a Cow which is a fan-favorite episode

Hohohoho - things are gonna get epic next week. 😍 Really looking forward to this episode.

0451 said:
I'm a bit disappointed there will be no Valentine's Day episode.

I don't know how much in advance the episodes are produced. Maybe when they were planning the season, they didn't knew the airing schedules yet and that episode 6 would be airing so close to Valentine's Day.
It's not rare that anime titles were postponed a season (like "Masamune-kun no Revenge R" last year, where we got a Christmas episode in August, with 38 degrees out there 😅).

So maybe we're getting a Valentine's Day episode later this season.
Feb 8, 11:36 AM

Jan 2018
lumjulian said:
0451 said:
The next episode is Lum Becomes a Cow which is a fan-favorite episode

Hohohoho - things are gonna get epic next week. 😍 Really looking forward to this episode.

0451 said:
I'm a bit disappointed there will be no Valentine's Day episode.

I don't know how much in advance the episodes are produced. Maybe when they were planning the season, they didn't knew the airing schedules yet and that episode 6 would be airing so close to Valentine's Day.
It's not rare that anime titles were postponed a season (like "Masamune-kun no Revenge R" last year, where we got a Christmas episode in August, with 38 degrees out there 😅).

So maybe we're getting a Valentine's Day episode later this season.

I like your optimism but I doubt that'll be the case. Would love to be proven wrong tho.
Feb 8, 11:59 AM
May 2021
This show is so funny this season I love it. Part 2 has honestly been way better
Feb 8, 12:19 PM

Feb 2019
takahashi make a girl who isn’t a top tier waifu challenge(IMPOSSIBLE)

Brilliant episode from start to finish. Asuka may be the best new character they’ve introduced yet. Easily the funniest episode as well. Her androphobia is a great gimmick and all the misunderstandings between she and Ton had me dying.

It’s messed up that her family tradition is to prevent all the girls from making any sort of contact with men prior to 15. Other than creating this gimmick I don’t really see the advantage of that, but we move lol.

Ataru with a cute girl in his sights vs Goku who’d win? Honestly no clue, dude surpasses every physical barrier known to man when he sees a new cutie. Him chasing Asuka in this episode had me crying laughing. Seemed like David Prod snapped on Lum’s electric shocks as well.

Everyone did all that jockeying for Asuka affection only for her to become a bro con by the end of the episode. It’s funny to think we were getting that trope even 40 years ago. Ton won 😂. Ataru still has Lum but poor Mendo is still maidenless
Marinate1016Feb 8, 12:38 PM
Feb 8, 12:35 PM
Mar 2023
I’m hoping that her attitude won’t be much difference then from the original because hope she won’t much aggressive like she was but wait and see in later episodes but pretty good episode this week
Feb 8, 1:13 PM

May 2015
Asuka is so cute and SO DAMN HILARIOUS !
Feb 8, 1:19 PM

May 2023
Lmao Mendo just got brother zoned. It's a shame they really be thirsting away when Ataru and Mendo got Lum and Shinobu right there.
Feb 8, 2:09 PM

May 2015
Asuka is keeping up the standard for girls being powerful in this show. Asuka's Bodyguards getting revenge against Ataru traumatizing her was hilarious, they brought out all the weapons against him! Tobimaro being the only safe guy around for Asuka was really developing into a cliche there, and everyone knew it! At least the ending showed that Asuka is willing to get closer to Mendo now that she knows he also has a little sister.
Feb 8, 2:34 PM

Nov 2016
Can't be just me who thought Asuka in black armor is cuter than in an aerobic outfit.

Anyway, another hilarious character made her debut. I haven't seen her in the OG yet, even tho I'm roughly 125 episodes in already. I could look up when she will appear, but guess it's bound to be in the next 5-10 episodes considering the famous cow episode is next.

Keeping Asuka away from males surely couldn't have had a positive impact. Her androphobia is already bad as it is and a specimen like Ataru is already a menace to any girl without phobia. Good thing Lum never goes easy on him with the shocking. And of course Asuka is a brocon as well. Would've been too boring otherwise xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 8, 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
It makes for a fun comedic set-up, but maybe raising Asuka to be so deathly afraid of men wasn't a very smart idea when you want to marry her off. In fact, it's an incredibly stupid idea.
Feb 8, 3:03 PM
Jan 2023
お兄ちゃん... 🥺👉👈
Feb 8, 3:40 PM

Aug 2018
If your first contact with men was Ataru and Mendo, you would be traumatized too.
Feb 8, 4:58 PM

Aug 2017
Great fun episode once again.
Urusei Yatsura is one of the few shows, where I keep smiling over the whole episode. ☺️😂 There are hammers popping out of nowhere, then the entertainment shanadigans with Ataru, Lum, Mendo, Shinobou and the others one. Even the hundrest repeat of the running gags. Never fails to make laugh.

Asuka also an interesting character. I really found it funny that, at the climax, where everyone's discussing so mich about the marriage, after 20 minutes, she came up with "What's a marriage?" 😂😂

Embient said:
What does "handle with square" mean btw? Is it a saying I don't know?

I think it a word play on "handle with care" and that the cage has the form of a square.😁
Feb 8, 5:02 PM
Jan 2024
The chapter is good and the incorporation of a new character :)
Feb 8, 5:06 PM

Apr 2022
yeeaaa asuka is here and they nailed her, that outfit is fire on her. ataru with the 4D chess move when he made mendo think he was helping him when in reality he was securing the baddie for himself lmao. brocon though feelsbadman for the other two. sakuga popped off this episode as well.
Feb 8, 5:20 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And it’s finally revealed, Asuka is not just living armor and is in fact a beautiful babe, and she definitely looks very nice in the remake. And giving her an episode and a half introduction was a great move, of course I would have preferred a full two episodes like the original but I’m very happy with what we got. Biggest thing I miss here in the remake tho is the extended chase between Ataru and Asuka, I remember a lot more happening and it being hilarious but there was still lots of funny to be had here of course.

And I always found Asuka’s defining trait, being that she’s afraid of men, very funny and that opinion is carrying over here in the remake, another good aspect is her confusion about brothers because upon hearing Ryoko call Mendou “onii-sama” she was okay with him all the sudden lol. And of course there’s also her brother complex with Tobimaro which is another layer to add to the funny, poor Mendou could have been in there man but he was too busy being goofy lol, but that’s one of the reasons I love Mendou after all.

Also rip the Ocotpussy, didn’t make it into the remake lol
TheColonel76Feb 8, 5:30 PM
Feb 8, 8:30 PM

May 2019
I agree this full episode is better than the jungle one despite me not really liking Asuka from the OG anime. But somehow this episode is funnier than the OG one and Asuka here is pretty good. She brings out the best joke of being androphobia into brocon in single episode lol. There was a lot amusing misunderstandings and typical UY slapsticks which I really love about. It's also worth noticing that Shinobu is a lot more present here than in the OG anime/manga. Surprisingly I really enjoy this episode despite of underwhelming facial expressions in those funny moments. There are alot more going on with Asuka's character that I want this remake cover especially her vicious battle and school life. I don't remember there were brides in Mendou's dream but they are really cute. Not sure why they adapt Kotatsu love chapter, I thought that isn't a really good chapter for Neko to adapt. I find Mendou's home visit adapted in the last few minutes is a weird direction because Onsen mark visiting his students continuously in a day I think not once every week lmao. I'm interested in moofcha chapter next week.

Feb 8, 9:54 PM
Mar 2015
Another crazy girl who only loves her brother
Feb 9, 12:04 AM

Jul 2017
Thank God that Mendo's harem dream is just a dream but having to marry his assigned fiancée of Tobimaro's sister Asuka, full in clad armour.

While Mendo is (almost) successfully shipped out by Ataru, Lum and Shinobu, Asuka sure is scared by Ataru, while Mendo has resigned to his fate with the family gatherings. And as much as Asuka runs away, Ataru will not relent, and by Lum's electric shock attack, her full humanly self can be seen, though she runs amok around.

The secret of the Mizunokoji family is quite the strange sacredness where females are not allowed to see men until they turn 15, regardless of family members too. And the first man Asuka recognizes...forget any of the young men, even her own brother. But it's also essential that Ton is the only person who can calm her down, turning from androphobia to pure bro-con.

Oh well, Asuka would need to take a while to assimilate her situation...
Feb 9, 7:22 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

Impossible to not laugh and enjoy…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 9, 8:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She's actually cute under her armor, but she needs to learn the what's a male and what's a brother xD
Feb 9, 8:50 AM
Jun 2020
faqin hell. It's so stupid, it's funny.
Feb 9, 8:51 AM
Nov 2022
Quite fun, I loved it, something worth highlighting is that now I really felt that essence of the 80s anime, nice.
Feb 9, 9:45 AM
Feb 2023
Hiruuu_ said:
faqin hell. It's so stupid, it's funny.

that's right... every minute we are made to laugh at their behavior

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Feb 9, 10:14 AM

Aug 2022
peak comedy! 10/10
Feb 9, 10:50 AM
Sep 2018
What a crazy engagement party here lads xD
Feb 9, 12:37 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I had a feeling things were going towards the incest route when Asuka met Ton for the first time. Now Asuka is a full fledged bro-con who is scared of men who are not big brothers. It's only natural that the other bro-con being Mendou's sister came to rescue him.

This was the funniest episode of the second season.
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a pretty girl appears but seems a hard case and complicate!!!
Poor brother!!!
kekeke
Feb 10, 7:39 AM

Oct 2017
Asuka actually gave me some good laugh. To her man, oni sama and such are all different beings entirely lmfao. She's really cute btw. They seriously had to use an elephant tranquilizer though lol.
Feb 10, 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
Incest saving anime once again 👏👏👏
Feb 10, 9:17 PM

Apr 2021
New Ship: Incest is Wincest
Feb 10, 10:10 PM
Jan 2022
Absolutely hilarious. kept me on my toes the whole time
Feb 11, 10:09 AM
Jul 2023
Well, there are still 18 episodes ahead and this series almost completely reflects the plot of the original 134 anime series 1981 without any major changes
Feb 11, 2:45 PM
Nov 2020
LeoDrago said:
This show is so funny this season I love it. Part 2 has honestly been way better

I totally agree with you. Maybe it’s because of the characters being introduced in the first season idk but I’m loving the second season.
Feb 12, 4:39 AM
Oct 2019
It's so stupid, i love it.
Feb 13, 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
Such a lively episode.
Ataru is the first man to lay eyes upon Asuka has seen and wants more. But to recruit Shinobu and Lum to help him, he plays it as preventing Shutaro from getting into an unwanted marriage.
Upon learning Ataru's true motives, Lum's electric shocks them both and breaks apart her armour and Shutaro realises what Ataru was trying to make him miss out on.
Not even her squiggly-faced father has seen her face. Her bodyguards taught her about brothers at least, She can't quite figure out why Tobimaro has her eyes at first, but slowly comes to her own realization that he's her brother.
Her parents intend to force her out of her shell by chaining up her, her fiancé and the teacher to learn about men, but she can only form a connection with her brother and Ataru and Shutaro stir the pot for laughs.
It takes learning that Shutaro is also a brother from Ryoko for Asuka to accept the engagement.
Fortress_MaximusFeb 13, 2:40 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 14, 2:27 AM
Feb 2021
I really cant deal with ataru anymore. Hes so annoying. Its a shame because i really enjoy the interactions of other characters but staru just appears with the same gag every single time and its finally starting to turn me off the show. Really wnjoyed the episode apart from that and mendo was funny as always
Feb 14, 5:48 AM

Feb 2020
incest knocked on the door
Feb 22, 9:40 PM
Nov 2014
This is probably the first episode so far I've not been a fan of. This was just too stupid.
Feb 24, 11:08 PM

Dec 2022
now that's the right way to do satire of feudal familiar customs
Mar 9, 8:43 AM

Apr 2012
Am I digging too deep, or in this arc Rumiko, as a woman, is quite cleverly poking fun at the sexist prejudices that hanging out with men is dangerous for women and that women should be protected in a “safe all-female” echo chamber? It's not uncommon for romance anime and manga to criticize the limitations of communication between the sexes (well, except when it's some kind of yuritopia, lol), but I found this comedy particularly satirical.
May 18, 1:49 PM
Mar 2018
Although Ryuko only made a brief appearance, she and her goons get the biggest laughs out of me every episode they appear in. I wish they were in this show more.
May 26, 4:21 AM

Jun 2019
That was fucking hilarious. I swear. Onii-sama suffers everywhere.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

36 by LuisSV23 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30

32 by LuisSV23 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

37 by LuisSV23 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

62 by Hanraven »»
Today, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

48 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 3:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.