Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 3, 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
With every episode, Yuuki gets to know more about Itsumoi and grows closer to him. This time, they were even in the same house and she learns about more of his past and family.

An important episode at further building their relationship. Plus, that ending was very charming.
Feb 3, 5:58 AM

Dec 2021
Yuki looks so adorable in this episode; it's melting my heart.

Yuki, feeling nervous, entered Itsuomi's house to have a meal. As she was shown photo albums, she learned about Itsuomi's family, childhood, and memories from overseas. While listening, she began to feel the desire to "know more" about Itsuomi. Itsuomi also expressed the wish to know more about Yuki. However, at that moment, Emma visited Itsuomi's house...

Ah, there's nothing better than digging into some Costaco pizza for dinner. Being stuck in traffic with your crush, it's a mix of feeling bad and also kind of glad for Rin. "The beer there is great" – gotta love those moments. It does strike me as a bit odd that Yuki's own family doesn't know sign language, but as long as they can find a way to communicate, it's all good. Itsumoi is such a goofball, and Yuki's laugh is just too cute. It's great to see both relationships moving forward; personally, I'm more on Team Rin and Kyouya, but you can't go wrong with the main couple either. Poor Yuki, though – misunderstandings happen.

And then there's Itsumoi's answer – a kiss on the hand.

Feb 3, 6:01 AM

Feb 2021
3:41 Hope someone who speaks German translates this

6:10 七五三 (shichigosan lit. seven five three) - a traditional Japanese rite of passage and festival day for three- and seven-year-old girls, five-year-old and sometimes three-year-old boys, held annually on November 15 to celebrate the growth and well-being of young children.
8:09 The sign for snow (yuki) is so pretty wtf
Just recently learned that deaf people can speak too. Yuki laughing is very cute!
Emma's here oh godddddd. But I'm liking the scenes with her too ngl
Shin is totally in love with Emma.
Good episode!
Feb 3, 6:29 AM
Mar 2022
Great episode!!!
Itsuomi and Yuki interaction is so cute!!😭😭😭🤧
I can't believe next week is going to be the
🥺😩😭
Y'all better get ready cause it's about to be more wholesome after this episode!!!
We will get to see Itsuomi and Yuki relationship more! We will also get to know more about the side characters!
kisaragi_ekiFeb 3, 7:32 AM
Feb 3, 6:30 AM
Aug 2022
My Heart Melted 💓 down
the scene of sunset was the best.
Feb 3, 6:33 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Ricky16
My Heart Melted 💓 down
the scene of sunset was the best.
@Ricky16 ikr! That scene is so pretty! 😭
Feb 3, 6:58 AM
Jul 2023
One of the few side-characters relationship worth investing in, there’s actual progress and doesn’t come across as something tack on.
Feb 3, 7:07 AM

Apr 2010
The atmosphere this episode was really good tho it was a bit interrupted by Emma, things where going well.
Now the question is what will Emma do and when will she realise about Yuki's hearing since it was clear she was trying to get Yuki's attention.
If the two meet again it might be a interesting conversation.
Feb 3, 7:16 AM

Apr 2022
jeez wholesome all round, was a lot for my tender heart and i've already read this xD
learning about eachother at their own pace, itsuomi the rizzlord pulls moves quick though. emma interrupted it but at least she was trying to be nice to yuki, even though she tried to throw a shot and missed lol. shin still trying stuff on his own end, and rin with kyoya taking pace as well. itsuomi seeing yuki as a lil squirrel is so jokes lmao.
Feb 3, 7:19 AM

Mar 2021
Yuki has such the cutest laugh and am glad that Rin is growing closer to Kyoya
Feb 3, 7:20 AM
May 2021
Yukis laugh and that ending are legit the highlight of my week. THIS IS SO PURE

Feb 3, 7:25 AM
Mar 2022
DAMN ITSUOMI!!! 😩😭😭

kisaragi_ekiFeb 3, 7:30 AM
Feb 3, 7:35 AM

Jul 2017
Yuki going to Itsuomi's place for dinner, it took her by complete surprise. Oh, the nerves!

Having pizza for dinner, Yuki's feelings are running wild, though Itsuomi treats it subtly as smooth as possible to let her know his standing. While Oushi laments about Yuki, Rin is getting good with Kyouya, though she stumbles in her speech while they are stuck in a traffic jam. And despite Yuki not being able to read Itsuomi's lips, both writing and sign language skills prove essential to understanding her better and her way of communicating with people. Showing her the various counteries he has been to with currency, and even a totem mask that tries to scare her, but she just gets shocked, and this is the same with Kyouya thinking too much about Itsuomi, though secretly, Rin wants it for herself the same with him. Itsuomi tickling Yuki to get her funny sense out of her, he wasn't hoping for that, but at least in terms of her deafness, Yuki wants him to learn her world...

...that is until Emma showed up on his doorfront. Of course, he doesn't give her the light of day, though with the passing of his key, Yuki thinks that they're dating, given their close physical interaction with each other, that once she's gone, Itsuomi releases that facade to try finding her. but to no avail. As expected, Yuki went to Rin to talk about this, and the latter noticed that he is quite affectionate with her...that is until she traps her with Itsuomi in her apartment. Even Shin realizes that Emma is trying too hard to convince herself to Itsuomi, which he apologies thereafter and picks up where they left off yesterday.

Obviously, Itsuomi picks up sign language to speak to Yuki, and he's quite the affectionate man that's right for her, with a kiss on her hand.
Feb 3, 7:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Visiting Itsu's apartment so soon sure proved shocking. So the rest of Itsu's family is in germany huh. Quite a distance. Em's arrival sure spoiled a sweet moment. Kinda sad seeing Yuki be down after the good vibe that the two had. But looks like that chat can continue once again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 7:51 AM

Aug 2015
Itsuomi is the rizz god, no man can compete with him
Feb 3, 7:54 AM
Sep 2021
Wow, watching this episode made me feel like I'm in heaven, I really love their relationship. It feels so cozy & warm & happy to me when watching this series.
Feb 3, 8:28 AM
Jan 2024
Best anime of the season needs more love.
Can't believe shounen kids prefer the human sex doll anime -.-
BornSinner_Feb 3, 8:33 AM
Feb 3, 8:49 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to Embient

6:10 七五三 (shichigosan lit. seven five three) - a traditional Japanese rite of passage and festival day for three- and seven-year-old girls, five-year-old and sometimes three-year-old boys, held annually on November 15 to celebrate the growth and well-being of young children.
Just recently learned that deaf people can speak too. Yuki laughing is very cute!
Good episode!
@Embient

The messages go like this:

> Itsuomi, where are you flying to next?
Itsuomi: > I'll see which tickets I can get for a cheap price on that day.
> I hope you can get something good.
Itsuomi: > To a country I haven't visited recently.
> Which one would that be?

Feb 3, 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
“Being with him brings out a completely different side of me” 😩 man I love them so much. This is really peak shoujo

Wait! The reveal that Yuki family don’t even speak sign language is crazy. Her parents didn’t make an effort to learn sign language to communicate with their own daughter? I mean yea communicating thru text or lips will get a quick message across but that’s got to feel so isolating if you’re Yuki. You can never truly express your emotions that way..

I love how touchy feely Itsuomi gets with Yuki. The anime’s use of those water colours gradually spreading across the screen to illustrate both Itsuomi and Yuki’s lives getting brighter and coming alive is so nice. They’re both in the midst of this whirlwind romance and just letting their emotions run wild. Love it!

We got to see the clingy and jealous side of Yuki in this one which was cute. Emma showing up and handing the key to Itsuomi made Yuki hurry up and leave alone in the elevator. You could instantly see Itsuomi heart drop when she left without him.

I don’t think Emma is a bad person, think she’s just trying too hard like shin said. When it’s meant for you, you’ll never have to force it. She deserves someone who just wants her

“Why did you leave without me”😩 bro his aura is insane. 99 percent of anime males would’ve just left things as they were and waited till they saw the FMC next time, overthinking and wondering for the next half an episode. Itsuomi says fuck that and goes straight to see Yuki to ease both of their minds. My goat.

Can’t wait for the next episode. This continues to be clear anime of the season
Marinate1016Feb 3, 10:13 AM
Feb 3, 10:40 AM

Oct 2020
Yuki's laugh was very adorable and cute.
Feb 3, 11:24 AM

Mar 2020
This continues to be one of the better new anime this season, but once again, it's toeing that line between great moments and frustrating ones. Can't say I'm a big fan of the drama/misunderstandings especially around Oushi and Emma, because either it'll get really annoying, or it'll be a great pay-off in the end. It all depends on how their dynamic with Yuki in the future goes. Please take this in a good direction...
Feb 3, 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
Aww... Yuki's laughter was so adorable. No wonder Itsuomi wanted MORE!
Feb 3, 12:05 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this is definitely growing on me by the episode! Way too innocent and beautiful. And it’s nice that this is helping with my JSL learning too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 3, 12:15 PM

May 2020
Really honest, everytime this guy is around Yuki, it just feels so uncomfortable. As if he's trying to force himself on her. Like fuck he doesn't have a sense of personal space, if you don't have, THEN JUST LEARN.

Also, that girl really is here just for some unneeded insufferable drama right?
Feb 3, 12:52 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Lol that transition when she said she was clingy, to the scene of the Pomeranian being clingy to Oushi. Seems like she is also a squirrel.
Tbh I feel like Itsuomi treats her like a little puppy or something. Cute episode though.
Feb 3, 1:33 PM

Sep 2008
Hmmm, starting to have some second thoughts on this series between Yuki not having much to show for character beyond her disability and Itsuomi being the seemingly flawless boyfriend and being too invasive of Yuki's personal space in some of the ways he shows affection toward her. While I still praise the series for its handling of Yuki's disability, starting to feel like this series isn't gonna have much meat to it beyond the whole "will they or won't they" relationship dynamic typical of many romance titles.
Feb 3, 2:02 PM

Sep 2017
Homies are gonna be straight smashing next episode at this rate. Zenbu, huh...
Feb 3, 2:11 PM
Dec 2023
Too much romance, not enough comedy
Feb 3, 2:20 PM
Nov 2023
Yuuki is so damn cute
Itsuomi might need to get a restraining order 😩
Feb 3, 2:56 PM

Jul 2022
Great episode. Itsuomi is quite bold with Yuki, and her reactions are very endearing. Additionally, Yuki's laughter is precious. Everything was going well until Emma had to intervene. She even tried to play dirty against Yuki, but it didn't work for obvious reasons.

Fortunately, Itsuomi returned to continue his conversation with Yuki.
Feb 3, 3:23 PM

Feb 2014
The time that Yuki had visiting Itsuomi's apartment was wholesome and comfy. I enjoyed seeing them having conversations by the use of their phones as well as Yuki's own sign language sign book that Itsuomi uses. He also showed her more of the currencies of other countries that he's been to while also revealing to her that his family lives in Germany, hence why he can speak that language.

The best part of their time together was when Yuki laughed out loud. It was undeniably adorable and had me smiling. Sadly, the good times were interrupted by Emma appearing, which did make Yuki leave on an awkward note. Thankfully, while at Rin's place, Itsuomi paid a visit and had the episode end on him kissing Yuki's hand. My respect for him has been maxed out now! =D

While the development of Yuki and Itsuomi's friendship blossoms further, I did enjoy the screentime of seeing Rin and Kyuoya together. Rin did have trouble in starting up a conversation at first, but once that hurdle was cleared, the two had a good discussion about food as well as talking about Yuki and Itsuomi. Hopefully Rin's goal of dating Kyouya will come true, as I think they'd make a cute couple. =)
Feb 3, 3:38 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
My heart man <3 this show is so fking sweet. Absolutely ADORABLE

if only the love rivals got less screentime XD
Feb 3, 4:13 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to ggultra2764
Hmmm, starting to have some second thoughts on this series between Yuki not having much to show for character beyond her disability and Itsuomi being the seemingly flawless boyfriend and being too invasive of Yuki's personal space in some of the ways he shows affection toward her. While I still praise the series for its handling of Yuki's disability, starting to feel like this series isn't gonna have much meat to it beyond the whole "will they or won't they" relationship dynamic typical of many romance titles.
@ggultra2764 Don't listen to the voices.. but they're getting louder and louder for me too, LOL.

I'm at a point where if they just keep delivering on sweet wholesome moments and examining the hearing/non-hearing relationship, I'll be fine with it. I just hope they don't squeeze in a clumsy plot or forced drama.
Feb 3, 4:38 PM
May 2017
Reply to Embient

Good episode!
@Embient Google Translate from German to English does the job pretty good:

-- Itsuomi, wohin fliegst du als nächtstes?
-- Itsuomi, where are you flying next?

-- Ich schau an dem Tag einfach, welche Tickets noch günstig zu haben sind.
-- I'll just see which tickets are still available cheaply that day.

-- Ich hoffe, du kriegst was gutes.
-- I hope you get something good.

-- In ein Land, in dem ich in letzner Zeit nicht war.
-- To a country I haven't been to recently.

-- Wo ist das?
-- Where is that?
leonardobarbaFeb 3, 4:43 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 3, 4:39 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s wild this episode happened nearly all in the same night, I think that’s part of why it went by so fast lol. And as always this was another banger, Yuki hanging with Itsuomi at his place was very sweet and I really loved the conversation they had on both the pizza box and the notebook, it’s interesting how you can have a long discussion in that form of communication.

The good times were rolling and the souls were being soothed but Emma showing up kinda soured the end of the night, and now Yuki has the wrong idea about what she is to Itsuomi but thankfully he came back to finish things the next day and that lifted the mood back up. I also enjoyed Rin’s moments with Kyouya, she even technically scored a date lol, really hope things go her way.
Feb 3, 4:40 PM
May 2017
Reply to kisaragi_eki
Great episode!!!
Itsuomi and Yuki interaction is so cute!!😭😭😭🤧
I can't believe next week is going to be the
🥺😩😭
Y'all better get ready cause it's about to be more wholesome after this episode!!!
We will get to see Itsuomi and Yuki relationship more! We will also get to know more about the side characters!
@kisaragi_eki It already happened. Some things happen in silence...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 3, 5:10 PM

Sep 2018
I'm really close to dropping this, garbage shoujo tropes really just suck the fun out of everything. It just keeps getting worse every episode as it beats you over the head relentlessly with the same tiresome formula. It was the same with Sugar Apple Fairly Tale. Only thing I somewhat enjoy is Yuki's introspection.
GakutoDeathGlareFeb 3, 5:14 PM
Feb 3, 5:33 PM
Mar 2022
GT1Studios said:
Too much romance, not enough comedy

did you not see the genre it's clearly just said ROMANCE.

Feb 3, 5:34 PM

Mar 2021
"Thanks for letting me stay the night" wow Emma is so catty, I absolutely despise characters like that :P

Kyoya asking Rin out on a date was adorable! It's very cute how even tho he brings up that a lot of guys feel strongly about cute girls, when Rin asks him if he feels that way about anyone, he doesn't answer directly but instead asks her out ^^
Feb 3, 5:37 PM
Mar 2020
best episode yet. less of the annoying childhood friend, more of the cute couple being cute.
Feb 3, 5:42 PM
Mar 2022
GakutoDeathGlare said:
I'm really close to dropping this, garbage shoujo tropes really just suck the fun out of everything. It just keeps getting worse every episode as it beats you over the head relentlessly with the same tiresome formula. It was the same with Sugar Apple Fairly Tale. Only thing I somewhat enjoy is Yuki's introspection.

Don't drop it! Stay until the end of this series is not like other shoujo!
The communication in a sign of affection is top tier!
A sign of affection have better communication than any other romance anime!
This anime also didn't waste anytime!
You will get to see more of Yuki and itsuomi relationship after this!
Same with the side character!
There is really no unnecessary drama and misunderstanding going on for no reason!! If something happened between them..both yuki and itsuomi immediately talk about it!
Please don't drop it! You will miss a lot if you drop it!
kisaragi_ekiFeb 3, 6:20 PM
Feb 3, 5:48 PM

Jun 2012
Emma just did one of the worst b*tch/wh*re moves one can do, because not only it is fudged up for others involved (1, Itsuomi because it paints him in the wrong way, and 2, the other girl/yuki by creating unnecessary drama), it just shows total lack of self respect

like, not even a friend would feel comfortable hearing them say such a thing and not cringe

in any case, gosh this is so cute, I look forwards to it every week.
Really tempted to start the manga once exam season is over.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Feb 3, 5:54 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to NemuriNezumi
Emma just did one of the worst b*tch/wh*re moves one can do, because not only it is fudged up for others involved (1, Itsuomi because it paints him in the wrong way, and 2, the other girl/yuki by creating unnecessary drama), it just shows total lack of self respect

like, not even a friend would feel comfortable hearing them say such a thing and not cringe

in any case, gosh this is so cute, I look forwards to it every week.
Really tempted to start the manga once exam season is over.
@NemuriNezumi Oh I see you already get annoyed by Emma.
But she's not that bad.. she's not really being a b*tch.
Also she didn't do anything that will ruin itsuomi and Yuki relationship in the manga.Same with oushi. So..both of them not really bad..they just do.. how can I say it.. immature and childish action/attempt.
Feb 3, 5:58 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to kisaragi_eki
@NemuriNezumi Oh I see you already get annoyed by Emma.
But she's not that bad.. she's not really being a b*tch.
Also she didn't do anything that will ruin itsuomi and Yuki relationship in the manga.Same with oushi. So..both of them not really bad..they just do.. how can I say it.. immature and childish action/attempt.
@kisaragi_eki I know I know

but one can still call a b*tch move when they see it, had I seen one of my friends do that in front of me I would have told them outright this was just fucked up to do lmfao

for sure it was desesperation and immaturity to the max and I can see that, but still needs to be called out lol

acting this desesperate is never a good look, she is 22 (I think?) after all

- I only draw freestyle! -
Feb 3, 7:51 PM

Nov 2023
My heart can't take this anymore. Every week, I'm getting attacked by how cute this show is.

Another great episode.
Feb 3, 9:43 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to leonardobarba
@kisaragi_eki It already happened. Some things happen in silence...
@leonardobarba oh that..I think the anime will show what happen after Itsuomi kiss Yuki hand in episode 6!!
If you don't have any patience to wait...here is some of the scene from the manga!
So please look forward to next episode! 😏

kisaragi_ekiFeb 3, 10:21 PM
Feb 3, 10:19 PM

Mar 2007
Dang that Emma trying her best to break them up before they get together! Her friend is right, she's trying WAY too hard.

My heart actually ended up skipping a beat at that ending bit when he kissed her hand!

Guess I'm still a romantic, it's rare that I get invested in shoujo but this one is doing it for me.
Feb 3, 10:19 PM
Mar 2015
The bitch almost ruined everything She wants someone who does not want her and uses someone who wants her
Feb 3, 11:10 PM
Mar 2022
landofthekwt said:
The bitch almost ruined everything She wants someone who does not want her and uses someone who wants her

yeah i get it..emma behaviour is really immature but Itsuomi handle Emma really well in the manga!
Emma is not being a b*itch.
Here is some of the scene from the manga!

kisaragi_ekiFeb 4, 12:11 AM
Feb 3, 11:24 PM
Mar 2022
landofthekwt said:

and shin handle emma really well too!!!
And Emma didn't do anything bad that will ruin itsuomi and Yuki relationship in the manga! She is just pissed off and jealous because..she tried so hard to make itsuomi like her since highschool!
Also Emma will get more closer to

Here is some of the scene from the manga!

kisaragi_ekiFeb 4, 12:34 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

194 by Darkiiii »»
12 hours ago

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Phloup - Dec 31, 2023

337 by Phixiately »»
Apr 29, 6:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.