Forum Settings
Forums

Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion

New
Jan 15, 9:40 AM
Feb 2022
If you compare the two, Mushoku Tensei and Evangelion are the complete opposites with one another.

• Fantasy setting vs Sci Fi setting
• Creator self insert, one isn't a crybaby unlike the other
• Rudeus gets bitches, Shinji doesn't
• Abusive dads, Paul is a chad, Gendo is a grown up incel
• World changing catastrophe, one world gets fixed, one gets turned into a beach lol
• Teenager girl side characters, one show has badass wizards, while the other has them depressed and wearing skimpy jumpsuits smh
• One is the Grandfather of an entire genre (isekai), while the other can't even touch the kneecaps of Gundam

I could go on. Mushoku Tensei feels like the anthithesis of Evangelion that is done better. Thoughts?
ShuisBased2Mar 16, 7:28 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 15, 9:50 AM

Apr 2021
Yeah, those unnecessary comparison threads just usable for one fanbase to hate on the other
Jan 15, 9:53 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Rudy is blonde while Shinji is Asian.

Jan 15, 10:29 AM

Mar 2021
"Mushoku Tensei feels like the anthithesis of Evangelion that is done better"

I've done heard it all now.

Jan 15, 10:31 AM

Feb 2020
"Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion"

Cool story, bro.
Jan 15, 10:36 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
sometimes it's better to keep your shower thoughts to yourself.
Jan 15, 10:38 AM

May 2018
"Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion"

That could be actually cool...but naaah,
Muskoku Tensei is a trashy power fantasy where the only plot poison for the MC's plot armour is erectile dysfunction.
Jan 15, 10:41 AM

May 2019
I haven't seen either, i only know Muskoku Tensei for that one bikini armor girl.
Jan 15, 10:52 AM
May 2020
just admit that you couldn't get into evangelion
Jan 15, 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
Both shows are garbage. Much as I dislike Evangelion though, at least its creator seems to have read a few books in his time. Mushoku Tensei is the product of a mind that overdosed on shitty RPGs.
Jan 15, 11:08 AM

Apr 2012

I'll just let that stand as an illustration of the fandom we're dealing with here.
Jan 15, 11:17 AM

Jan 2008
Haven't seen it. Let me check the most voted review:

A child molestation fantasy story decorated with some generic isekai elements.

The story begins portraying a horrible middle-aged pedophile with the main flaws being a recluse (hikikomori) + leech living off his parents (neet) + literal pedophile. After reincarnating in a fantasy world and getting a second chance at life the MC says he will take life seriously now (it's literally the title of the show), so there was a reasonable expectation from the audience that it would be an interesting redemption story, only to utterly fail at that: the first 2 issues are quickly and magically fixed in the first few episodes while his lust for children never gets fixed and instead is written off as cheap comedy gags throughout the show.

Yep, sounds like an anime.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 15, 11:26 AM

Oct 2018
Mushoku Tensei was written by a man who has fucked more than a thousand kids, the real chad, whereas Hideaki Anno has only fucked 1 pussy in his entire life, such a loser.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 15, 11:31 AM

Jan 2021
are you a real person shuisbased2? ()

Migi... Handle the defence.
Jan 15, 11:38 AM

May 2021
And here I thought this particular trend in the anime community couldn't get any more ludicrous. Why is it that liking a show so often devolves into having to bash another one just to boost up the one you like more? Like, seriously, what purpose do posts like these serve other than to kick up an arbitrary flame war and stroke the egos of the most obsessive and hostile superfans? If you want to like Mushoku Tensei, then sure, write as much praise for it as you want, but why drag Evangelion into this and why do it in this kind of very specific, hostile way.

Also, just gonna say, your comparisons are really weak surface level ideas which don't even remotely engage with the creative goals of either series, and basing your comparison off of shit like it is just embarrassingly obvious fanboy-ism without a hint of actual substance.

I blame VS Battle culture for this, the need to compulsively compare your fandom to others and have it come out "on top" has been murdering anime discourse for decades
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!
Jan 15, 12:05 PM

May 2021
@animegamer245 The series is very much inspired by Fantasy RPGs, from video games like Dragon Quest to TTRPGs like Dungeons and Dragons. This isn't exactly hard to deduce nor is it even exactly a bad thing (every modern fantasy series has D&D in its DNA, and every modern Japanese fantasy series draws at least a little from Dragon Quest), but the fact that the series' setting and story is, fundamentally, a high fantasy adventure in the vein of said series played completely straight can make it feel rather generic to many people
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!
Jan 15, 12:13 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to Phosphophyllita
Mushoku Tensei was written by a man who has fucked more than a thousand kids, the real chad, whereas Hideaki Anno has only fucked 1 pussy in his entire life, such a loser.
@Phosphophyllita

The worst generalization of all time.
𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
Jan 15, 12:25 PM
Jul 2017
I see you forgot to take your meds again
Jan 15, 12:59 PM

Jun 2020
Ok, I will also contribute to the funny joke thread.
Rudeus got all the way to tier 15 with his Tsundere Eris, Shinji barely got to tier 7, he didnt even get to touch Asuka´s horn.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Jan 15, 1:07 PM

Oct 2018
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@Phosphophyllita

The worst generalization of all time.
@GoatPieceLuffy What is the generalization?

I was just making a silly joke and ended up doing something horrible.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 15, 1:08 PM

Feb 2021
How can they even be compared to one another. Tensei is a rubbish series.
Jan 15, 1:20 PM

Jan 2022
brother what are you even talking about
-insert NGE meme here-
Jan 15, 1:25 PM

Sep 2018
Eva and Mushoku Tensei are opposites as one embraces escapism (Mushoku) and the other condemns it. Kind of like Serial experiments lain to stuff like Overlord.
Jan 15, 1:26 PM

Jan 2021
Don't expect an edgy Tokyo Ghoul fan to fail in disappointing you. This guy has absolutely no idea on what antithesis means.
Jan 15, 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
@animegamer245 No, but Mushoku Tensei's definitely was. Face it, most current isekai series are authored by awful writers who also suffer from video game addiction, and so does their audience. That's why they're so game-y (some outright, like Reincarnated as a Slime and Shield Hero) and safe and low on stakes because these losers wish they could play life on Easy difficulty. If Mushoku Tensei was a straightforward fantasy series it would be much better but that would require the author to imagine something besides what he knows from RPGs.
Jan 15, 1:37 PM

Oct 2010
nice try mushoku fans but you will never be as annoying and insane as eva fans, I know because I am one
the other antithesis is
- rudy has infinite mana while shinji doesn't have infinite mana
Jan 15, 1:38 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to BerriesSan
Rudy is blonde while Shinji is Asian.
@BerriesSan
Lol very true.
Rudeus started as an Asian incel, but became a blond white chad.
Jan 15, 6:32 PM

Mar 2021
@animegamer245 I'll just leave this here. Not my video

DOSS300Jan 15, 6:36 PM
Jan 15, 6:41 PM

Aug 2018
Lots of shows are the antithesis of Eva. I really don't think it needs to be said that Muskoku Tensei is one of them.
Jan 15, 6:57 PM

Aug 2020
One main character is a pedophile, the other is the prey of a pedophile.

Jan 15, 8:49 PM

Apr 2012
@animegamer245 Are you just young or has all the anime rotted your brain to the point that you can't apply abstract thought? "IT DOESN'T SAY IT'S AN RPG ON THE TIN SO IT MUST NOT BE!"
Jan 15, 9:14 PM

Aug 2016
you also forgot to mention MT is an unapologetic pro-escapism rance clone that eventually turns into a quality redemption epic while NGE is an apologetic anti-escapism gundam clone that ruins everything with its BS end.
:v
Jan 15, 10:00 PM

Jun 2023
@animegamer245 I can't think of an anime more symptomatic and a better embodiment of everything wrong with the modern state of the medium than Mushoku Tensei. ThatAnimeSnob is a broken clock that refuses to stop ticking but is still right twice a day. Doubtlessly blinded by his rose-tinted nostalgia goggles for retro anime which he suffers a perpetual boner for, but which helps him immediately filter out and call out the "greater evil" that is degenerate contemporary slop carried by seasonal hypebeasts such as this show.
Jan 15, 10:42 PM

Mar 2021
@animegamer245 First off, I don't even like Snob, I think he's a prick, and LOGTH is overrated (I still like it though). Second, what does your opinion of the guy got anything to do with the video? He didn't tell you what to think or how to think about Mushoku Tensei, he just showed you the actual "lore" of the show, that the fans THEMSELVES posted.

And btw "attack magic, healing magic, summoning magic" yeahhh definitely doesn't sound like they came from an RPG
DOSS300Jan 15, 11:21 PM
Jan 15, 11:03 PM

Dec 2018
Rudeus grooms female characters, while Shinji gets groomed by a female character.
Jan 15, 11:16 PM

Jun 2016
The reason a lot of these things are in Eva was to take popular tropes established by Gundam 0079 and flip them on their head. It would be funny if MT's intentions were the same but for Eva. It would be.... subverseception.
<insert Hans Zimmer noise>
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 16, 3:44 AM

Aug 2020
Evangelion is the antithesis of Evangelion.

Jan 16, 3:56 AM

Dec 2020
Holy based. Mushoku Tensei >>Evangelion. Fire emoji x 5

Jan 16, 8:05 AM

Feb 2022
Rifujin wrote a self-insert that breaks down after the underage cousin he just bedded abandons him, proceeds to get erectile dysfunction as a healthy teenager, and then tries killing himself over another underage girl dumping him. What a man he is.
Jan 16, 8:23 AM

Dec 2017
tru tru, eva is just another self insert for the so called "adult" minds.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 16, 9:44 AM

Oct 2021
You remind me of that one guy in a meme that looks like Charlie Day.
Jan 16, 1:37 PM

Feb 2010
Dude they don't even share area codes in terms of settings what you talking about?!
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 16, 1:49 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah it's a pretty clear antithesis: Mushoku Tensei sucks while Evangelion doesn't
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jan 16, 4:18 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to the13thStruggle
Rifujin wrote a self-insert that breaks down after the underage cousin he just bedded abandons him, proceeds to get erectile dysfunction as a healthy teenager, and then tries killing himself over another underage girl dumping him. What a man he is.
@the13thStruggle "NO I DONT WANT YOUR SEED" 🤢🤮
Jan 16, 6:08 PM

May 2020
Weirdly relevant video about this topic just dropped that makes a brief Eva comparison
Jan 16, 6:14 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to MichaelJackson
you also forgot to mention MT is an unapologetic pro-escapism rance clone that eventually turns into a quality redemption epic while NGE is an apologetic anti-escapism gundam clone that ruins everything with its BS end.
@MichaelJackson
Mushoku is no redemption story. The only thing that changes about Rudeus is his looks. From ugly bullied guy to hot harem king. Wish fulfillment story tbh.
Jan 16, 10:17 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to rohan121
@MichaelJackson
Mushoku is no redemption story. The only thing that changes about Rudeus is his looks. From ugly bullied guy to hot harem king. Wish fulfillment story tbh.
@rohan121 Well yeahh because it is a wish fulfillment story plain and simple. I guarantee you if Rudeus still looked like his real world self and he didn't have nice parents he wouldn't have the same amount of success that he has now. Which is why the show horribly fails imo as from the premise alone, it's deeply flawed. Like the best comparison I've ever heard about Mushoku Tensei's story is like winning the lottery.

Like you have this guy that does all these shitty things and never makes an effort to better himself (Rudeus in the real world) and then suddenly he gets a one in a million opportunity to get everything he ever wanted (good looks and a nice family) and only then did he decide to try and "change". That shit doesn't work imo as for someone to truly redeem themselves, they first have to acknowledge their shitty past and wrongdoings, accept them, and then actually have the want to change themselves. Rudeus chose to do nothing about it pre-reincarnation, and then only decided to change after he won the lottery.

And what's worse is that he's still the same old creep because the author himself said he doesn't mind and he doesn't see those creepy tendencies as a bad thing. Fuck this.

DOSS300Jan 17, 10:10 PM
Jan 17, 10:08 PM
Feb 2022
You all know the drill folks, VOTE FOR THE KING RIGHT NOW. Mushoku is best fantasy NO DOUBT. F*ck Demon Slayer and Hell Paradise that shit can suck my ASSSS. The other categories are also a disgrace for not even including Rudy in the best main character category but have a CLOWN DUMBASS CUCKBOY LIKE EREN ON THERE. Vote Mushoku NOW

Jan 20, 11:17 PM

Nov 2023
"Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion?"

From your point, I believe it is.
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Jan 20, 11:33 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to DOSS300
@animegamer245 First off, I don't even like Snob, I think he's a prick, and LOGTH is overrated (I still like it though). Second, what does your opinion of the guy got anything to do with the video? He didn't tell you what to think or how to think about Mushoku Tensei, he just showed you the actual "lore" of the show, that the fans THEMSELVES posted.

And btw "attack magic, healing magic, summoning magic" yeahhh definitely doesn't sound like they came from an RPG
By this logic, Frieren is also an unapologetic video game. What kind of terminally online-ness generates this brainrot? 🤡
Keep scrolling
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 12 hours ago

36 by thehornedrat »»
35 seconds ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite imas secretary?

Shizuna - Yesterday

21 by shiro-seishun »»
2 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

68 by tectacles »»
2 minutes ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Apr 30

31 by thehornedrat »»
4 minutes ago

» Endless eight and mental health concerns

trinitroglycerin - 9 hours ago

10 by Hikinekomori »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.