Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
Kingdom is back and it still felt so intense just seeing the world setting and cast again.

Some of the captains has jawbreaking achievements. They didn't waste much time at all for setting up the battlefield and rivalries between certain states. I'm paying more attention to Qin this season so far since there's a lot of highlight on him and his army. There's also the strategic movements and battle tactics that the show is familiar with.

So good to see Kingdom return!
Jan 13, 9:40 AM

May 2020
amazing start to the season
missed shin and the other a lot
this arc is different from any other we've seen so far
capturing hills instead of castles
seems interesting
can't wait for more
Homura24Jan 13, 1:28 PM

Jan 13, 12:10 PM

Nov 2016
It's finally Kanki season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 1:07 PM
Sep 2012
damn I missed this! that ending scene, god damn kingdom is back!
Jan 13, 1:31 PM

Oct 2019

Yes, they look like boobies.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jan 13, 3:21 PM

Apr 2018
KINGDOM IS SO BACKKKK !!!!!

Best Seasonal anime this season for sure !!! PEOPLE SLEEPIN !!!

CRAZY START MANNNNN !

AND WHAT A DUO : Kanki x Shin !
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Jan 13, 3:25 PM

Apr 2018
This is where we see the reality of Kan Ki. It's gonna be very exciting and brutal when we get to the end, but the start is as good. Good to see Shin and his group back.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 13, 4:29 PM

Apr 2022
here we are after a 1 week delay and straight into it they already got ambushed.
Jan 13, 4:55 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Kingdom is back and is as good as ever! Diving right back into another gripping tactical battle. The highlight was definitely the confrontation between Huan Yi and Xin and showing how similar their backgrounds were but how different they both turned out to be. I wouldn't be surprised if Huan Yi knew about a potential ambush and used Xin as bait for that reason, though I hope that's not the case. Hopefully Xin and his forces are able to make a relatively quick comeback and make it through okay.
Jan 13, 5:10 PM
Aug 2020
Loved the first ep, Les goooo
Jan 13, 6:11 PM
Aug 2020
finally back

the tension was growing until the first fight

i can feel that it will be a great season...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 13, 6:42 PM
Mar 2015
Xin got ambushed His own commander threw him to the wolves
Jan 13, 7:03 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ugh I’ve waited for this moment for so long! I can’t even begin to say how excited I was to watch this episode and to be able to say kingdom is finally back. The action is still as intense as it was before. Can’t wait for next week’s episode!
Jan 13, 7:05 PM

May 2018
Finally! The all-time best strategy story-centric anime is back!

Will Xin get sliced? Oh noo!
Jan 13, 8:54 PM
Mar 2016
HYPE! PIERROT is currently bringing us 2 masterpiece project. Bleach TYBW and KINGDOM. LOVE IT.
Jan 13, 11:10 PM

Jul 2011
HYPE. Welcome back Kingdom! Strong first episode 💪
Jan 14, 12:35 AM
Mar 2022
Great way to start new season!
Jan 14, 1:57 AM

Jul 2014
Holyy we're so back, not wasting any time just straight in the battle starts. Most unique battlefield we've seen so far , and probably we getting Shin vs Ba Tei in the next ep. Cant wait for the rest of the season
Jan 14, 2:18 AM

Nov 2023
Finally peak story is back. Now winter despite its shitty shows is completely better thanks to Kingdom.
Jan 14, 3:05 AM

Feb 2008
Best show of the season is back!
Jan 14, 3:49 AM

Jul 2017
Great to see Kingdom back and it is in full force already with the start of the Kokuyou Campaign arc. Kan Ki and Shin's confrontation was so great and should be a standout element in this arc. Both having seemingly tough upbringings as a bandit and servant respectively but both could not be more different in ideals and morals, so seeing them clash while having to work together in the anime should be a fun, frenetic experience. The cliffhanger was great too as Hi Shin Force are in trouble dealing with Zhao's strategists getting the drop on them and having them surround Shin's force so easily (which could easily be Kan Ki using them as 'bait' too). Also, seeing those Zhao citizens and children panic heavily that Kan Ki is heading to them and planning to kill/skin them makes the show actually present Kan Ki and his force as antagonists in this situation, which is a refreshing contrast compared to the others in Qin. It shows that while Qin is the army that is most focused on due to Shin and Ei Sei being a part of it, by no means is it an army that is perfect morally and just has good, generic human beings which makes it even more interesting watching Kan Ki. Guy relishes in his bandit life and personality but clearly he has the strength to rise up the ranks and still be depended upon even now by Qin.

This episode and series really does feel like a breath of fresh air compared to what all is releasing this season, and I'm really happy to have Kingdom back. Think Season 5 will be even better than Season 4.
animejasJan 14, 3:52 AM
Jan 14, 12:55 PM

Jun 2023
I feel like this is an unusual first ep for kingdom where we used to get a recap and a preparation for the setting of the story. explaining time skips where the narrator takes a huge part of it but this time we jumped straight into the action and important scenes. but not gonna lie I felt kinda lost trying to remember everything after waiting for two years so I had to pause the ep several times and think deeply. but overall it was a great episode, some kind of a good animation I really appreciate this and I am happy that the anime adaptation still going truely kingdom is the most underrated anime wich I dont uderstand why. at the end I hope this work won't be ruined by any chance. cant wait to see more
Jan 14, 9:04 PM

May 2019
The God of all underrated anime is back with fire
Heavens committed a sin.
Jan 14, 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Xin is screwed from the get go huh?
Jan 15, 10:04 AM

May 2017
This is one of the best arcs in the series. Hyped.
Jan 15, 10:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
starts the season and Xin has 2 enemies, one on the battlefield and the other on his own side.
kekeke
Jan 15, 10:36 AM
Sep 2018
the crew is backkkk!!!
fantastic first episode.
Huan yi looks like major trouble, Xin force will def have to watch their backs.

also big issues with his commander, why is he being so foolish and not telling Xin he left to go to Huan ji's camp. very stupid move, he should loose his position in the force.

He Liao dao and Quiang Lei are such a God sent to Xin, without them he definitely wouldn't have made it this far.

hope we can get more women characters who are like the above!!!

Xin also needs to breathe and not be so angry and reactive all the time, there's a time for it. I hope he matures and grows into this as time goes on

5/5
Jan 15, 11:36 AM
Apr 2018
What an awesome start to the new year. I expect to see more character development of Xin and Qiang Lei. Not to forget the strategist Diao.

🤩
Jan 15, 4:54 PM
Dec 2021
Kanki is simply the goat
Jan 15, 6:05 PM
Jul 2014
Love the dualistic themes of Shin's upholding of dignity vs Kanki's immoral expediency in their respective mindsets towards war. Season 4 was deep with its politics but I sure am getting excited for this rollercoaster of a season!
Jan 16, 1:03 AM

Nov 2011
Can't wait for more Kanki brilliance, this will be a great season.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 16, 11:23 PM
Jul 2019
The 5th season begins with a bang! I'm really excited to see how Kan Ki and Shin work together.
Jan 17, 12:33 AM
Feb 2021
Let’s go guys!!!
The first ep was so good, so curious to see how this arc is gonna play out
Jan 18, 12:21 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to SideCharacterKal
This is where we see the reality of Kan Ki. It's gonna be very exciting and brutal when we get to the end, but the start is as good. Good to see Shin and his group back.
@SideCharacterKal

Edit:

Also the voices for Ma Ron and Na Ki, totally different from what I've imagined.

I'm happy, though.

ThePoetKillerJan 18, 1:11 AM
Jan 21, 4:16 AM
Dec 2018
Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 26, 2:20 AM
Jul 2023
top tier ass always
Feb 3, 12:13 PM

Mar 2010
HOLY shit kindgom coming out swinging. Damn this is anime, this is what we are here for bois

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 3, 12:15 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I thought I posted here, but anyways, strong and intense start this season. Let’s go!!
Feb 5, 11:00 AM
Jul 2019
Kingdom is back!!! Kan ki and Xin army let's go!!
Feb 5, 8:29 PM

May 2020
Liked the first episode. It’s setting the pace for the intensity to come next. I doubt Kan Ki’s plan is as plain as they make it seem.

Gotta remember the names of the enemy. Kei Sha and the new guy Ki Sui.
Apr 12, 4:26 PM

May 2021
Starting off fast with an ambush and a showdown cliff hanger amazing first ep
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

38 by KinjiKido »»
Apr 28, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3

19 by Jannelben »»
Apr 27, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

45 by DarkSageRK »»
Apr 21, 10:32 AM

» Kingdom ranked 1st on Mangazenkan digital sales ranking for 2023

Rimuru0001 - Apr 12

5 by Harsh_Kumar643 »»
Apr 20, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

34 by Karva1 »»
Apr 13, 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.