Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
Going after a general like that takes a lot of guts. Huge respect to Shin this episode for leading his troops. Tbh, he's kinda carrying his squad but also trusting in his allies at the same time.

What an episode and momentum they kept for the battle.
Mar 9, 12:09 PM

Feb 2021
Btw Qing She (Kei Sha)'s hairstyle is a real Chinese hairstyle, right? I wonder how it's called.
Oh damn, been a while since Xin (Shin) has used his sword.
Qing She slain! Thought it would be a bit later.
I actually feel really bad for the Liyan side now... A part of me wants to root for them now.

And btw, the episode count for this season still hasn't been announced yet. This arc seems to be approaching its end, so maybe this season will be one cour long? All the promotion material was focused on Huan Yi (Kan Ki) after all.
Mar 9, 12:46 PM

May 2020
this episode was nothing short of a masterpiece
Xin finally slayed Qing she
can't wait for the next episode
also, I'm excited to see huan yis reaction to the news

Mar 9, 1:24 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to Embient
Btw Qing She (Kei Sha)'s hairstyle is a real Chinese hairstyle, right? I wonder how it's called.
I actually feel really bad for the Liyan side now... A part of me wants to root for them now.

And btw, the episode count for this season still hasn't been announced yet. This arc seems to be approaching its end, so maybe this season will be one cour long? All the promotion material was focused on Huan Yi (Kan Ki) after all.
@Embient

I love how Hara put up the most likeable enemies against Kanki of all people 💀

THIS EPISODE WAS LOWKEY PEAKDOM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 1:50 PM

Jul 2017
Such an awesome episode. Keisha and Shin's battle with Shin taking down a huge fish in the Zhao army with Kei Sha being slain, and even his Lieutenant, Kyou Kai, taking down Ryuu Tou as well. Even adapted one of my favorite panels in all of Kingdom with Kei Sha who 'drew misfortune'. Loads of action, drama, hype and intensity and it was so great this episode. If the production matched how amazing the content is, this season/arc would be so much more talked about. Nevertheless, this was such a damn great episode and it showed just how much Shin has truly grown over 140ish episodes to get to this point and to become this much of a threat to others. Kei Sha realized that Shin had a ton of potential years down the line based on Ri Boku's feedback on him, but Shin wasn't willing to wait that long to make an impact like that and boy did that pay off more than ever. The war isn't over yet, interesting to see how Zhao can pull itself together again with Ki Sui not giving up and willing to still fight as well as Kan Ki still being a key piece in this whole battle and what his role now is considering Shin took the glory of taking down Kei Sha himself. The series has done a really good job with the Rigan side and even though we saw the protagonist and his unit take big strides here, it still makes me care for what Ki Sui and Ba Tei are going through considering what all they lost in the past, with Ryuu Tou now being gone and their army and place being in greater trouble too as a result of Kei Sha's passing as well. Better than just cheering the good guys and feeling good that the opponents lost cause they are bad. There's actual nuance and complexity to it, seeing Ki Sui, a proper man defending the place he beloves still willing to push on and not give up to not let his home be in ruins and to follow the lead of his father.

Season 5 has been rolling with great episode, after great episode, after great episode. This one has topped the rest so far. Always knew this manga arc was really good but when remembering stuff through the anime, man this deserves more love.
animejasMar 9, 1:53 PM
Mar 9, 2:17 PM
Aug 2022
I'm just going to leave this here - Character development - Enough said!

Mar 9, 2:30 PM
Dec 2014
LETS GO, Amazing episode, Xin was finally to kill Keisha and rescue Kyoukai at the last moment, it was absolutely epic.
Mar 9, 3:48 PM

Jan 2018
Best episode of the season. i got goosebumps from this and what an achievement for Shin.
Mar 9, 3:49 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Perhaps I am in the minority on this one, but I felt that the final clash between Xin/Qiang Lei and Qing She/Liu Dong was pretty underwhelming. I was expecting a huge final exchange of blows with some nice choreography, but Xin beat Qing She too quickly and Qiang Lei more or less beat Liu Dong offscreen. Even Qing She's backstory felt rushed and tacked on while not adding much to his character.

The episode was still very strong with the lead up to the deaths and the aftereffects of the deaths, but I just wish this could have had the same impact that many other Xin battles had.
Mar 9, 5:11 PM
Oct 2021
Kyou Kai and Shin... I felt that 💖💖🤪 energy.
Mar 9, 5:26 PM
Jan 2024
What a wonderful episode! What a drama, suspense, thrill and tragedy, all incorporated in a single feat. Absolutely mind blowing! Kingdom is truly one of the greatest anime to be ever produced.
Mar 9, 7:57 PM
Mar 2015
Xin and kyoukai did kill great generals but kyokai is too important to Zhao to give up the fight
Mar 9, 9:05 PM

Dec 2018
I liked how both the general and lieutant were killed with honor; I don't think they are bad guys. It was a huge win for the xin force but also a sad loss because I think of everything they are fighting for and I get it. it's just sad.
Mar 9, 9:32 PM

Jul 2008
YES XIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 9, 10:50 PM

May 2020
Kyou Kai is still injured and reopened her wounds. But gave the support required for Fei Xin Unit.

Xin killed Kei Sha, and Na Gui also was shocked. But the news ain’t reaching far, so Ki Sui and Kin Mo plan to continue the battle.

Kyou Kai killed Ryu Tou and told him that they wouldn’t harm Ligan, atleast not in the way they fear.

Xin rescued Kyou Kai and retreated back into the forest.

Kan Ki and the others are yet to learn of Kei Sha’s death.

This episode was really good. They showed Kei Sha’s past and we get to know that Ri Boku practically raised him. I wonder how he’ll feel to lose him.

Also, I’m kind of excited. I wonder if Xin will get promoted now that he made this achievement. Can’t wait to see.
Tsuyo_MikaMar 10, 6:34 AM
Mar 9, 11:39 PM

May 2018
Bye Qiang She! RIP!

But the battle is not done :O
Mar 10, 4:09 AM
Feb 2021
XIN THE GOAT 🐐🐐
Mar 10, 9:42 AM
Apr 2018
16:55 gotta save your woman.
I see Kyoukai and Xin becoming an official "thing" in the future.

The best episode for the very reason that :
1. Xin slayer Kei Sha
2. Xin saved Kyou Kai 😍
Mar 10, 10:34 AM
Feb 2019
Embient said:

Seems like it. Maybe 2 or 3 more eps than usual one cour to cover the next arc which is small.

And the next season will be focusd on the gigantic Western Zhao invasion which I can't wait. Hopefully it would be coming next year. But since it is big arc it might than more than a year
Mar 10, 10:53 AM

Jul 2022
zamn man i did not expect qing she to die this early ngl
Mar 10, 11:00 AM
Feb 2024
WHAT A SPECTACULAR EPISODE, shin and kyoukai shined in this episode.
Mar 10, 3:37 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was freaking amazing, I think it's already episode of the year. Is this season gonna be 12 or 24 episodes long?
Mar 10, 6:10 PM

Sep 2018
It's incredible how sometimes the animation seems off, but we can just ignore it because the story telling, world building, and characters are just a bunch of masterpieces. What an amazing of a show is Kingdom
I keep moving forward
Mar 10, 6:42 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I knew Qing She was going to die soon, but it kind of feels bittersweet. For a character we’ve seen for a while, I was surprised at how short and quick his backstory and death was, even for a strategist.
Liu Dong’s battle also felt like it was cut short.
I wish they took time to animate these monumental moments for the Fei Xin force. It was satisfying that Qiang Lei dealt the final blow to him.
I am glad they took the time to highlight Liyan’s sadness about Liu Dong and their concern for the future.

😍 Xin swooping up Qiang Lei
Mar 11, 9:22 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Embient

@Embient maybe they animate next arc too. But that arc is much much more longer than this arc. and It's a very important arc. Maybe the reason they haven't announced the number of episodes is this.
Mar 11, 9:29 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to anime-prime
Perhaps I am in the minority on this one, but I felt that the final clash between Xin/Qiang Lei and Qing She/Liu Dong was pretty underwhelming. I was expecting a huge final exchange of blows with some nice choreography, but Xin beat Qing She too quickly and Qiang Lei more or less beat Liu Dong offscreen. Even Qing She's backstory felt rushed and tacked on while not adding much to his character.

The episode was still very strong with the lead up to the deaths and the aftereffects of the deaths, but I just wish this could have had the same impact that many other Xin battles had.
@anime-prime I feel the complete same way, and imo, their overuse of still frames just kills any and all fights for me.. You can't have any choreography when they can't even animate more than a frame of a sword slash.. Backstory that added virtually nothing, and Liu Dong's offscreen defeat, I can't in good faith, say this was anything but disappointing.
Mar 11, 5:41 PM

Jan 2021
Xin did it at last.
Finally getting the head of Qing She

This was a straight-up masterpiece of an episode but the fight between Xin and Qing was slightly underwhelming tbh. I wanted to see some blows between the two or something at least.
Mar 11, 10:20 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What an episode. The tension was high throughout the entire episode. Xin will receive a huge commendation for killing off the Zhao general. I thought the fight would’ve lasted a tad longer, but regardless it was a great fight. Looking forward to how the rest of this fight will go. Most of the army doesn’t know that Qing She died so the enemy is riding on that and going to continue the fight. Wonder how Haun Yi will react once he finds out.
Mar 12, 12:15 AM
Jul 2019
Epic episode! from the intense clash with Shin and Kei Sha to Kyou Kai settling the score with Ryuu Tou it was amazing.

As mentioned last week I was spoiled about Kei Sha's death but thankfully that didn't lessen the impact of this fight as Shin brought down an up and coming Zhao general which is a huge achievement for shin.

The News reaches Ki Sui and Kin Mo who decide to keep their deaths a secret to avoid a major blow to the armies moral but we'll see if they can bounce back or suffer a crushing defeat.
Mar 13, 10:27 AM

Jul 2014
The animation sure has become better than before. Damn Keisha is out but I know the Reigan warriors wont just sit there idle, Qin hasnt even slayed the big boss yet. This fight would take on for a while.
Mar 13, 11:48 AM
Jun 2021
Perfectly presented animation, great writing and amazing OST
Mar 14, 1:05 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit that was perfection... THIS IS WHAT WE LIVE FOR KNIIIG aas but holy damn i'm soo happy for xin and their victories, but yea damn too bad no one knows about it

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 15, 2:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Qing She for one side...
and...
Liu Dong for the other side...
two falls and two victories to Fei Xin forces!!!
kekeke
Mar 19, 1:59 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to GingZ
The animation sure has become better than before. Damn Keisha is out but I know the Reigan warriors wont just sit there idle, Qin hasnt even slayed the big boss yet. This fight would take on for a while.
@GingZ CRAZY EPIIIIISODE !!!

I was a little sa for the guy Kyou Kay murder..

Shin BEING THE MAN ! Wld finish.

Sure it was very short and not a long developped exchange... specially when it's the main ennemy being killed under a minute...
But dawg that was crazy !
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Apr 13, 12:41 PM

May 2021
He actually did it
They gota stop underestimating shin hes wiping then out

Absolute hype
Inhales oxygen
May 5, 1:39 AM

Jul 2015
Xin the mvp with not only slaying Qing She (the sneak attack idea he came up with) but also saving Kyou kai there from oncoming enemy troops, truly huge moment.

Can't wait to see Huan Yi's reaction to this although it certainly might take some time for the news to spread as Jin Hui said there at the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23

44 by nikki05 »»
May 10, 11:12 AM

» Why haven't they announced Kingdom : Season 6 ?

KingSunWukong - May 1

8 by Siraa_ »»
May 10, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Are you disappointed that Kingdom : Season 5 is only 13 episodes long ?

KingSunWukong - May 7

9 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

39 by ShashabonhALI »»
May 7, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

47 by Unkrowned »»
May 5, 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.