Forum Settings
Forums

Am I the only one who dislikes ecchi scenes because I want to watch a serious show?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 8, 6:14 PM

Mar 2013
@CensorshipSucks why are you spamming genshin impact futanari hentai for the 2nd time on this thread? do you ever get bored of doing the same thing on every popular thread on MAL?
I know your PTW list is bigger than your completed list.
Jan 8, 6:52 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
@LSSJ_Gaming

Yeah, but that is exactly that -> Your personal stuff^^

Shows shouldn't be censored. Just because you had an issue, that doesn't mean we should only depict morally good characters, in Anime.

There are horrible guys featuring in this Series. Actual murderers. But you don't have a problem with them, right? It's that one specific thing that happened to YOU, that is bothering you.... It's not real, my girl. And it doesn't matter which topic. Anything goes, in fiction.

It's life. You get to feel uncomfortable, sometimes. Not everything is for everyone. And although I feel sorry for you, I don't think that should impact our entertainment. That would be pretty selfish^^
@Merve2Love

I don't mind if the villains do bad stuff but it can get kinda icky when it's a hero doing it to me. I'm not advocating it to be removed from the show since it well...already exists, but ideally I generally prefer stuff like that to be saved for bad guys since it isn't really something that should be taken as lightly as it is. It won't make me stop watching something, but it does generally rub me the wrong way and I'm sure the same can be said for plenty of people. Its just kinda distracting and uncomfortable y'know
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jan 8, 7:05 PM

Dec 2021
Lots'a people dislike unnatural fanservice in shows, especially serious shows. In fact, i feel (anecdotally) that the number of people annoyed with uninspired, out of place fanservice is on the rise (hooray!). And you can include me in those numbers! i can't imagine You were actually unaware that other people felt the same way, if i'm being honest!
Jan 8, 7:06 PM

Aug 2020
...What?

The Hyperdimension Neptunia character designs are also ecchi AF. This is like eating pizza at a Dominoes and complaining it doesnt taste like Papa Johns.

????
Keep scrolling
Jan 8, 7:38 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Paul
I feel like in this specific case, it's your own fault. You already had prior knowledge of the artist and their previous works based on the first post. The Neptunia series is full of fanservice. Looking up anything about Date a Live you should be able to tell right away what kind of kind of show it is with the images full of girls and a single generic looking teen guy. It doesn't have ecchi tag but it has the harem tag. Red flags everywhere. Regardless, the show isn't really ecchi, it's way to tame to be, so it won't be tagged as such. I wouldn't categorize it as 'serious' show either.
@Paul Regarding Neptunia, i never played the games themselves and i got interested on them because of the character design and i even have a bunch of Neptunia pins on my pinterest (and i think i have a downloaded Neptunia artbook somewhere on my PC)

I wish i could play the games but the current state of western videogame censorship and the fact that unlike retro games, no one fan translates modern games nowadays (maybe because of potential C&D's or just they don't want to promote piracy on recent games) has prevented me to play them, i think the best option is learning japanese and download a digital copy of each game on my PC (and if i had programming skills, i would modify each game's code and translate them with either google translate or AI to english, for personal use at least)
Jan 8, 7:44 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to CaptainKenshiro
No, I assure you, you are not. We are a considerable bunch, I bitch about those scenes all the time.
Except you are actually part of a tiny minority. most anime consumers are unapologetic and have been embracing ecchi since Tezuka
:v
Jan 8, 7:46 PM

Mar 2022
I agree with you I watched date a live back in 2020 and liked it alot so when I came back in 2023 to rewatch it, It just was so werid like why would sister be doing that that. kurumi was the only reason I was watching the show but I couldn't even get to her part. But date a lives plot is dumb so its not surprisingly they have to add ecchi scences to keep it going.
Jan 8, 7:58 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to epidemia78
@LSSJ_Gaming

Does Date a Live really ever get especially explicit? I wouldnt know for sure because I dropped it at episode 1, but I doubt it. But anyway its pretty obvious at a glance that it's gonna be that kinda show so I can't really empathize with anyone whos shocked by it.
@epidemia78 If by "especially explicit" you mean sex scenes or even nipples then no, it never gets to that point.
Jan 8, 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
for what's worth, most of the series i enjoy are either free from ecchi fan service (e.g. Aikatsu, Precure, Pripara, Kinmoza, Anima Yell, Love Live, etc, etc) or is relatively light on such fan service (such as New Game). Saki and Saki achiga-hen has a few fanservice scenes, but even then I enjoyed it largely because of the supernatural mahjong matches.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 8, 8:22 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to MichaelJackson
Except you are actually part of a tiny minority. most anime consumers are unapologetic and have been embracing ecchi since Tezuka
@MichaelJackson That does not contradict what I said. Op asked if she's alone, she's not, and people who don't like ecchi are a considerable and very vocal bunch.
Jan 8, 8:55 PM

Mar 2008
LSSJ_Gaming said:
I don't mind if the villains do bad stuff but it can get kinda icky when it's a hero doing it to me. I'm not advocating it to be removed from the show since it well...already exists, but ideally I generally prefer stuff like that to be saved for bad guys since it isn't really something that should be taken as lightly as it is. It won't make me stop watching something, but it does generally rub me the wrong way and I'm sure the same can be said for plenty of people. Its just kinda distracting and uncomfortable y'know

If it's just your personal preference that's one thing but "should" seemingly implies something more. Rhetorical question but why should fictional characters be doing only "good" or only "bad" when even real people arent, and when "good" and "bad" have no objective measure ? Being humorous about something doesnt necessarily mean taking something lightly. Humour can be a way of conveying something without making it a lecture no one will listen to or some people use humour as a coping mechanism.

He is an actual case of an annoying useless character though, but not main reason I havent bothered actually more formally watching MHA. The slow pacing and general vibe of the show just doesnt really do it for me.
Jan 8, 9:23 PM
May 2020
i've always felt that it depends on whether ecchi scenes add or detract value from the show
Jan 8, 9:39 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
I agree with your sentiment 100%. A lot of the times these scenes are handled extremely poorly and don't add much or have any substance. Pre-transition I kinda ignored that a lot, but once I came out as trans I started to notice the flaws with how a lot of these sexually explicit scenes are handled. Most of these scenes don't really add anything and just exist for titillation, oftentimes at the expense of the plot, tone, characterization, and agency of the female cast members. A big problem I have with a lot of anime aimed at guys is also that a lot of these ecchi scenes generally rely on "hahaha sexual assault and harassment funny" as a punchline which is uhhhh really bad and kinda feels a bit dehumanizing ngl. I prefer sexual stuff to be consensual if it's implemented unless absolutely necessary to cover the topic of sexual assault and harassment. Like when I watch MHA for example, ever scene with that fucking piece of shit Mineta makes me angry to watch cuz he's just perving on all these women and he's training to be a hero. This guy is acting more like a future rapist, not a fucking hero. I notice a lot of series written by women or for women tend to handle sexual content a lot more tastefully in a way that doesn't detract like a lot of stuff written by guys or for guys tend for. There are excpetions on both ends of course but that is just my obeservation
To OP: There's only a couple of anime that bothered me in that aspect. Otherwise I don't care.

@LSSJ_Gaming MHA already has a character who's full of himself, arrogant, has anger issues and has bullied the mc since kindergarden (and told him to commit suicide on top of that). There's also another character who's abusive towards his kids and wife to the point where he gave one of his kids a visible burn scar that he'll live with his entire life and hospitalized his wife.

Neither are exemplary qualities and is sufficient to disqualify them as heroes.

So why draw the line at the comic relief pervert? At least he's a minor character you can ignore and actually gets his just desserts. You can't say the same for the other two.

I wonder why anime fans are okay with flawed characters until the character in question has a flaw related to perversion.
LeonhartAugustJan 8, 10:51 PM
Jan 8, 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
Most of the time I don't complain about the ecchi scenes, but there are some exceptions, like many Lucoa´s scenes that seemed unnecessary, or in Yuuki Yuuna Wa Yuusha De Aru that don't fit at all.
removed-userJan 8, 10:10 PM
Jan 8, 10:04 PM

Nov 2014
I, for one, wouldn't watch a show that already screams ECCHI. That is if I wanted to watch a serious show.
Jan 8, 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
As others have said, you actually need a serious show to begin with, because DAL sure as shit doesn't count. There's practically zero anime I can even think of where ecchi ruins an otherwise serious show, but then I'm not convinced something wacky/cartoonish like "Fire Force" (which is probably the number one cited example) actually qualifies as anything serious to begin with, despite the seemingly dark nature of the show.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 9, 2:01 AM

Jul 2014
The tone of a show can have a lot to do with whether or not I have an issue with its fanservice. I have absolutely no issue with the T&A in, for example, Golden Boy since it never takes itself seriously while I have an issue with it in something like BTOOOM! since that show desperately wants me to believe it's a dark, mature story.
Take care of yourself

Jan 9, 2:25 AM
Nov 2015
I don't mind ecchi and sexual humor when I'm knowingly watching something 'ecchi tagged' but when I'm watching something else and a sudden fanservice scene hits it's uncomfortable, especially if it's not even plot related
Like, if I'm watching klk obviously yeah tits on screen I'm lovin' it but when it's idk, a fast-paced shounen sports anime it feels out of place and weird

tho I agree with most people here that even if date a live wasn't tagged as ecchi some fanservice should've been expected as the first google search gives me an image of one guy and seven girls :P
Jan 9, 3:12 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Merve2Love

@LSSJ_Gaming

Don't know what to tell you^^

I think it's unhealthy to base your general well beeing on what may or may not be happening in a Cartoon, that was made for children.

I doesn't matter if the character is a hero or not... and if you won't stop watching you're pretty much signing up for this. Don't watch it, if it offends you so much. Don't subject yourself to something that makes you feel uncomfortable. And pleaaaase: Let the rest of us just enjoy the Show without you making us feel bad about it^^

Jan 9, 3:21 AM

Jul 2014
Reply to Tropisch
@shenro How is Hidden Dungeon "forced ecchi"? it's literally tagged ecchi. You can't go and watch and ecchi show then complain it's "ecchi nonsense".
@Tropisch so is jobless reincarnation...
literally the first 5 min of the show is forced ecchi, "oh hello childhood friend, did you say your head hurts? oh i know, the sage of old would make out with his wife when his head hurt, so let's make out, childhood buddy!".
also every woman in that show seems to be a massive thot, but you can read my thoughts about that in my review.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 9, 3:27 AM

Apr 2021
I don’t dislike Ecchi because it ruins the serious mood. I actually love comedic moments in serious shows. I don’t even dislike Ecchi really, I just dislike the sexualisation of young girls it’s so uncomfortable to watch and half the time these little girls are throwing themselves at the boring looking MC which I can not relate to and it gets annoying to see. (Such a male fever dream)

If you want serious shows with no Ecchi then yea stay away from comedies and harems. For me if I see a show has a harem I don’t watch it.
Jan 9, 3:33 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to shenro
@Tropisch so is jobless reincarnation...
literally the first 5 min of the show is forced ecchi, "oh hello childhood friend, did you say your head hurts? oh i know, the sage of old would make out with his wife when his head hurt, so let's make out, childhood buddy!".
also every woman in that show seems to be a massive thot, but you can read my thoughts about that in my review.
@shenro Are you missing the part where both are ecchi, so it can't be "forced" or...?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 9, 3:48 AM

Jul 2014
Reply to LostSpectre
@shenro Are you missing the part where both are ecchi, so it can't be "forced" or...?
@LostSpectre "it's not forced ecchi if it calls itself ecchi"
lol no, you made that up.
if you don't comprehend the difference between something happening naturally and something being contrived to hell, then i don't know what to tell you, because every show must be of equal quality in your eyes.

Jan 9, 5:18 AM
Dec 2021
No, it's called growing up.

Only horny teens and manchildren like ecchi shit.
Jan 9, 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to shenro
@LostSpectre "it's not forced ecchi if it calls itself ecchi"
lol no, you made that up.
if you don't comprehend the difference between something happening naturally and something being contrived to hell, then i don't know what to tell you, because every show must be of equal quality in your eyes.
@shenro Again, you can't go and watch a show tagged "ecchi" then whine about it being a major focus of the show, regardless of your "happening naturally".
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 9, 7:03 AM

Jul 2014
Reply to Tropisch
@shenro Again, you can't go and watch a show tagged "ecchi" then whine about it being a major focus of the show, regardless of your "happening naturally".
@Tropisch I can whine about the execution of a concept all I want, actually.
a tag does not make a show immune from all criticism related to that tag.
if i watch a romance show and the romance is absolute trash, would you tell me "ugh it's a romance show, why are u complaining about how the romance is done?" cuz i can't take you seriously if you would.

Jan 9, 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to Eternal-Destiny
@Paul Regarding Neptunia, i never played the games themselves and i got interested on them because of the character design and i even have a bunch of Neptunia pins on my pinterest (and i think i have a downloaded Neptunia artbook somewhere on my PC)

I wish i could play the games but the current state of western videogame censorship and the fact that unlike retro games, no one fan translates modern games nowadays (maybe because of potential C&D's or just they don't want to promote piracy on recent games) has prevented me to play them, i think the best option is learning japanese and download a digital copy of each game on my PC (and if i had programming skills, i would modify each game's code and translate them with either google translate or AI to english, for personal use at least)
@Eternal-Destiny

You're definitely correct on learning and playing the original Japanese. The Neptunia series did suffer from poor translation when NISA had hold of the franchise. They shoved all sorts of memes in the translation to the point it was very off putting and down right cringy. Between the original main 4 titles, Rebirth 1, 2, 3 and Victory, 1 and Victory supposedly have good enough translations but 2 and 3 were bad enough that fans actually did retranslate them which is available on steam. Not sure about the spin offs.
Jan 9, 8:20 AM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
Honestly it doesn't bother me, because to me the things that ruin a serious series are the comedy,
However, Date Live is not exactly a serious anime, it has some quality serious parts, the rest is an ecchi comedy which is still quality
Jan 9, 11:29 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
@LSSJ_Gaming

Don't know what to tell you^^

I think it's unhealthy to base your general well beeing on what may or may not be happening in a Cartoon, that was made for children.

I doesn't matter if the character is a hero or not... and if you won't stop watching you're pretty much signing up for this. Don't watch it, if it offends you so much. Don't subject yourself to something that makes you feel uncomfortable. And pleaaaase: Let the rest of us just enjoy the Show without you making us feel bad about it^^

@Merve2Love

I still think it's generally a bit of a problem to portray a character who is supposed to be a hero doing that. May just be because I grew up a lot on DC Comics characters or something mixed with my personal experience, but it just gives bad vibes and I feel it is a valid criticism to bring up since these sorts of issues pop up a lot. And wouldn't the fact that a character who's supposed to be a hero in a show aimed towards a younger demographic doing that be kinda bad if you think about it. Idk it just is kinda icky tbh.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jan 9, 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Serafos
I don't usually complain about ecchi scenes, but some scenes in Mieruko-chan felt a little awkward and unnecessary.
@Serafos you mean the one where the fucking ghost was groping the 16 yr old school girl in broad daylight? Yeah.
Jan 9, 12:43 PM

Dec 2020
I mean I get what you want to say but what did expect DAL to be like if not silly harem ecchi?
Jan 9, 12:45 PM

Mar 2016
Ecchi isn't my favorite genre, but it doesn't bother me when it happens, I watch some ecchi shows if they interest me, but most don't.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Jan 9, 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to KuroudoAkabane
@Serafos you mean the one where the fucking ghost was groping the 16 yr old school girl in broad daylight? Yeah.
@KuroudoAkabane Ghosts can't (generally) be seen, so I'm not sure how "broad daylight" is supposed to mean anything.

Also, ghosts can be horny too, don't judge.
Jan 9, 7:24 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to MichaelJackson
@MichaelJackson
Get your facts straight. Ecchi manga was invented by Nagai, not Tezuka.
その目だれの目?
Jan 10, 2:54 AM

Apr 2012
I don't generally feel that ecchi and seriousness conflict with each other. One of my favourite quotes which gets at this goes (regarding seriousness) "about what I do, yes. Not necessarily about how I do it". The two main problems I might have with ecchi content are where it plays into bad characterisation or behaviour tropes (violent tsunderes, girls groping each other in the bath for no obvious reason even if the target is protesting, rapey characters whom you're still supposed to like, that sort of thing,) and when the storytelling stops for it, like if there's a cut where literally the only purpose is to show you some boobs for five seconds.
Jan 10, 6:32 AM

Apr 2012
We have violence and murder in serious shows, why would a little sex appeal be an issue?
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Jan 10, 11:06 AM

Mar 2008
logopolis said:
girls groping each other in the bath for no obvious reason

Various "straight" girls legitimately do this with friends.
Jan 10, 11:36 AM

Feb 2022
we always get one of these dumbass threads around once a month, where someone is crying because of ecchi or sexualization of characters. SHUT THE FUCK UP. Ecchi is hot af

getting to see kotori's panties on the first episode was one of the best parts of DAL.
Jan 10, 11:58 AM

Dec 2017
With over 100+ anime watched, if you cann't tell if an anime is ecchi or not, that's totally on you.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 10, 12:03 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to omorashi
we always get one of these dumbass threads around once a month, where someone is crying because of ecchi or sexualization of characters. SHUT THE FUCK UP. Ecchi is hot af

getting to see kotori's panties on the first episode was one of the best parts of DAL.
@omorashi I'm already OK with ecchi scenes in non serious anime like Ebichu, the problem i was talking about was about pointless ecchi on anime that had the potential to be serious (and i ended up watching it because MAL didn't tag it as an ecchi for some reason)

Now thinking about it, maybe can i undrop it and watch it up to ep 3 once i decide if I'm going to drop other shows that i didn't go past 3 episodes first
Jan 10, 12:16 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Why the hell would you go into a show like Date A Live, and complain about the fanservice? That's like going into a seafood restaurant and complaining that you don't like seafood. That's your own stupidity lol.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jan 10, 12:33 PM

Mar 2013
If anyone's wondering i have watched other ecchi anime before:

Ayakashi Triangle (liked the artstyle but dropped it after ep 1)
Battle Programmer Shirase (not my favorite anime but i did manage to watch all the 5 episodes, and i ended up watching it because it was a recommendation for Serial Experiments Lain)
Burn Up! (only watched the original OVA)
Elfen Lied: Tooriame nite Arui wa, Shoujo wa Ikani Shite Sono Shinjou ni Itatta ka? - Regenschauer (the main elfen lied anime almost had no ecchi scenes in it and i watched the OVA because i liked the main anime)
Elf wo Karu Mono-tachi (i just tried to watch an old and short pre 2000 anime and i just got uninterested after the 1st ep)
No Game No Life (My first ecchi anime and i watched half of it, i dropped it because it became boring to me because i expected to be more video game focused like SAO)
Oruchuban Ebichu (the one that i enjoyed the most and i watched it because of the famous "manko" scene that got recommended to me on youtube)

Regarding the incompete anime, they might have a chance to be completed but like i said before I'm deciding which anime with less than 3 eps watched to drop definitively
Jan 10, 12:42 PM

Nov 2019
That was one of the main reasons Fire Force fell off and became ass
Jan 10, 9:14 PM

Oct 2019
Understandable, it's not really about shows that have too many ecchi scenes, it's more that anime just kept pushing boundaries that the ecchi we know today is now passable and a common norm in today's norm. The best example is literally 100 Girlfriends, the ecchi in that anime was really wild though, the questionable dialogues, and had dedicated fanservices, yet it's not considered as ecchi due to various reasons given by the community

(seriously, I had a forum talking about this one, and they said it is not ecchi).

An anime called The Eminence in Shadow had a lot of fanservice, too. Yet, it is not considered ecchi.

I think any anime that has plenty of fanservice or has a few dedicated scenes of sex should be considered ecchi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 11:14 PM

Mar 2021
If one is wanting serious stories completely devoid of sexualized fanservice, Anime isn't exactly the right place to look for this. It's like someone watching the Hallmark Channel expecting to eventually find a really violent action packed drama. I personally don't watch Hallmark Channel movies but I am sure there probably isn't a wide variety of really high action packed violent movies being produce that are platformed on their channel, if there are any at all (who knows maybe one or two might have been made?).

To be clear a brief flash of a female characters panties is not really an Ecchi scene and at best it's only mild sexual fanservice. I am sure someone on this thread has probably mentioned this before but actual Ecchi is more sexually explicit and tend to actually feature graphic nudity along side a definitive sexual theme that a series might offer.

Now I don't know what the OPs idea of a serious Anime story is but Anime in general is not known to be a very serious medium to begin with just like the Hallmark Channel is not known for pumping out extremely violent action packed movies. Sure I will contest Japanese Anime does offer a wide variety of titles with multiple themes and genres but real serious themed titles in this medium are far and very few in my actual opinion when one is actually looking at this medium from a very broad perspective.

Also the OP is not the only one to bitch and complain about this. One can thrift through just this forum alone and likely find dozens of clone threads bitching and whining about panty fanservice in Japanese Anime.

Panty Fanservice has been around longer than most of the Users who complain about have actually been alive. Whether Users like it or not panty fanservice is staple of Japanese Anime. It's not going to go away any time soon since it's been a pretty common thing in Anime dating back to the early 80s when it started becoming extremely prevalent throughout multiple franchises.

If one is extremely annoyed by panty fanservice in Anime, actively watching modern school themed action packed Anime Harems designed to target a male audience would not be helping their case since panty fanservice happens quite often in these particular niche type Anime franchises.

If someone is annoyed by panties in Anime, one would wonder what their reaction would be by some of the characters sexualized fetish costumes in "Date A live".
ColourWheelJan 11, 12:35 AM
Jan 11, 12:04 AM

May 2018
"I want to watch a serious show?"

There are serious shows which are strait out porn tho - https://myanimelist.net/anime/320/A_Kite
Jan 11, 1:01 PM

Oct 2014
Let me get this straight. You went into a harem series expecting a serious non-ecchi time based on your liking of Neptunia girls?

That's not even remotely plausible. I believe some kind of achievement award is in order.
Jan 11, 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
honestly, I think that ecchi isn't really a necessary thing in a harem anime, do non-reverse harem without ecchi exist?
Jan 11, 1:07 PM

Mar 2013
Pyro said:
Let me get this straight. You went into a harem series expecting a serious non-ecchi time based on your liking of Neptunia girls?

That's not even remotely plausible. I believe some kind of achievement award is in order.

read my previous post because I can't edit to reply you on the app
Jan 11, 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Eternal-Destiny
honestly, I think that ecchi isn't really a necessary thing in a harem anime, do non-reverse harem without ecchi exist?
@Eternal-Destiny Harem generally feels pointless without some semblance of ecchi, but then it's typically a very unrealistic genre. Obviously, you have things like Kanon and Clannad which have little to no focus on sex appeal. There's not much fanservice in Re:Zero, either, but that's less of a pure harem type of series.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

51 by luckyrune »»
9 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by Spunkert »»
17 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

27 by Prupel1 »»
20 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

9 by Catalano »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 2 hours ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.