Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I like the change of setting. This one involves test supernaturals, a TV show, and apparently supernatural powers. Ron seems very interested in this case and he gets himself involved.

Definitely one of the more interesting episodes given the amount of content and themes being explored. Ron himself still stands out as the most prominent detective in this case.
Nov 6, 2023 6:40 AM

Dec 2021
Mofu is quite beautiful. Moreover, the case involving the ESP was truly fascinating.

Ron is engrossed in a TV program that verifies the existence of psychic abilities. In the live broadcast, psychic Dankichi Torage and neurosurgeon Mofu Usaki are facing off. Torage demonstrates his ability to manipulate the brain with words written on a board, but as soon as the subject sees the word "death" on the board, they suddenly collapse...

Wow, if I ever come across the word 'Jump' like that, I'll immediately start playing Van Halen's 'Jump' in my head. This ESP case was definitely the best one so far. It's similar to the case in 'Trick', where the detective duo had to deal with a woman who could reveal the names of the people she'd kill from a distance while everyone watched. The ultimate solution in that case had some disappointing aspects, but 'Trick' balances it out with various different mysteries in each episode. This one, however, was decent for what it was worth. Ron was fortunate that it was just a regular marker. Also, Dr. Clumsy has some hypotheses about Ron's 'powers'? That's interesting.

I hope Mofu will eventually join their team.

Nov 6, 2023 8:09 AM

Mar 2011
I was waiting for this episode to come out and it didn't disappoint! Finally Dr. Mofu was introduced. It's strange because it's usually difficult for me to picture the voices but her VA is really fitting for her character. Also really funny that she's so clumsy yet she's a famous surgeon. In this case her clumsiness saved Toto's life.

Speaking of VA's... Ron's VA did a fantastic job. You could really sense his emotions/despair at the end because of what almost happened to Toto.

What I love about this case is that's it's not complicated and even though the culprit is obvious from the start (because he did it publicly) it's still amazing what kind of trick he really used. Thinking Dr. Mofu exposed Torage and his complice, that it was all staged, yet he fell down on the floor after reading 'death' (which of course no one would have done willingly in his position). It amazed me something so simple was used. A case doesn't always need extraordinary or highly complicated tricks. It just needs to be something no one would immediately think of even though it's the most logical conclusion (same with Sherlock Holmes's cases, his best cases are the ones that aren't as complicated, yet certain factors make you think of everything except this solution).

There's only one minor detail bothering me about this adaptation or rather about the translation used. I can't speak Japanese so maybe someone who does can let me know what original word they use when Ron calls himself a Torage fan but I feel like "shallowfan/bandwagon" fan isn't the correct translation (at least that's the one Netflix used). In the manga it's translated with "fair-weather fan" which made me laugh for some minutes I couldn't continue to read, yet when Ron said it here with the translation I just mentioned it didn't have the same effect (which wasn't the VA's fault since it still came out as funny but not as much as it could have been imo).

Sorry if that's nit-picky but it was one of my favorite parts/moments. Also I need to mention how much I love Ron (and the fact he feels guilty at the end of the episode is really pulling my heartstrings because it just goes to show how much he cares about Toto or people in general). But to those who read a little further in the manga:

I'm looking forward to the next episode (at the same time I'm afraid of it).
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 6, 2023 8:14 AM
Sep 2021
Ron with toto saved people and also captured the criminal.
Nov 6, 2023 8:28 AM

Mar 2018
Very simple mystery:
pretty much figured out right away that the victim first played dead and only got killed, when the psychic checked his body.
The trick with the reversable writing was kind of nice though
Nov 6, 2023 8:41 AM
Aug 2020
good episode but i need to see them play in expert mode, for the moment it's too easy...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 6, 2023 8:55 AM

Dec 2020
Well that was one luck that she felt over the cable and not that isshiki got a poison injection from the pen.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 6, 2023 9:04 AM
Apr 2020
Great episode, the adaptation is very loyal to the manga, and I'm loving it! Dr. Mofu is cute, and her VA did an amazing job. I'm looking forward to the next case!
Nov 6, 2023 9:33 AM

Mar 2020
The case was okay again, just okay. Knew it had something to do with the black markers. I do wish the cases lasted longer, I think it'd feel more meaningful that way. Still got to know more about Ron's powers, those remain a mystery. Hope to see more of Mofu, guess she'll have a prominent role since she's in the ED.
Nov 6, 2023 9:43 AM
May 2021
so we finally meet the girl from the ending! ive been so curious about her this whole time. im thinking she'll be the one to figure out what exactly that thing ron does is. and maybe find a way to stop it from happening? i really like mofu, so im looking forward to seeing more of her.
My 2023 candies:
Nov 6, 2023 9:59 AM

Oct 2017
Mofu sensei's here and she's really cute. She took being klutz to another level. Toto's life was saved thanks to that though.
Nov 6, 2023 10:45 AM

Apr 2023
Not Ron with the bloodshot eyes 😂

Really like the way his friendship with Toto is growing and I can't wait to see more of clumsy Mofu!
Nov 6, 2023 12:20 PM

Jun 2016
I wonder Mofu-sensei will be a reoccurring character cause she's great 👍 Would love to see more of her being involved with Isshiki and Ron to make things a lot more interesting. And she definitely would like to know the nature of how Ron makes criminals want to do as he tells them. I as an audience would like to know too about the nature or method of how he does it cause Ron at this point looks like has his own version of Lelouch's Geass

Gift by Mimurona

Nov 6, 2023 2:08 PM

Apr 2022
of course they gotta bring death into the situation lol the upside down writing trick was kinda neat though. mofu is way too clumsy but i like her. welp, lelouch is back as well.
Nov 6, 2023 3:07 PM

Mar 2019
The super detective by convenience didn't know what a television was... can this anime get any stupider or is that the limit?

(⁠╯⁠ರ⁠ ⁠~⁠ ⁠ರ⁠)⁠╯⁠︵⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻
Nov 6, 2023 3:14 PM
Aug 2022
Ngl I honestly thought the girl from the ending was just some random character just to put in the visuals for the ending so seeing her actually in this episode surprised me.

Even if Mofu doesn’t become a prominent character she’s already a favourite of mine. She’s absolutely Beautiful and a very funny and nice character. She kinda reminded me of Ron a little throughout the episode I hope we see her again I really like her.

I love how interesting each episode is and how fun it is to follow the different cases

Mofu honestly has stolen the show for me. I really hope we see her again.
Nov 6, 2023 3:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We finally met the girl in the ED, Dr. Mofu, and I’m ngl the way they had the visuals making her be the one singing when it starts kinda gave me a different idea about what kind of character she’d be, so I definitely didn’t expect a clumsy neurosurgeon voiced by Nao Touyama but I’ll definitely take it, she’s a favorite VA of mine and I like Mofu a lot already from her moments in this episode, she was even the reason Toto didn’t die, saved by the clumsiness lol.

And the case this time was another good one, I kinda figured the volunteer was a plant from the beginning but I wasn’t sure how he ended up dying, and the reveal made a lot of sense, the words “death” being “sleep” upside down definitely surprised me. I also thought it was hilarious how the murderer, Torage, made it seem like he was going to truly use psychic powers when he was being convicted but quickly said “I’m lying, I give up” lol, didn’t expect that. And Ron nearly quit being a detective when his weird power came out again and almost killed Toto, but thankfully Toto reeled him back in at the end, don’t count our boy out this early.
Nov 6, 2023 4:57 PM

Mar 2021
We finally get to meet the character in the ED! I love the contrast of Mofu being both a renowned, precise neurosurgeon and also super clumsy ^^
Nov 6, 2023 6:19 PM

Dec 2015
Fact that Ron doesn't believe in psychic powers and yet his very words can drive people to suicide really make me wonder. Ron must've seen a risk to having Toto help him solve cases. Heck he almost fell off the building in the first episode. Good thing Mofu is such a klutz.

Speaking of Mofu, surprised the girl from the ED has appeared. Wonder if she'll be a reoccurring character. Maybe she can fix what's wrong with Ron.

On another note, I just noticed Ron's last name is on the building he lives in. Was wondering how he can afford anything considering he's been shut in for so long. Wonder what his parents do for living. Also if they ever thought to get him help with this abnormality.
Nov 6, 2023 6:22 PM
Jul 2021
any detective conan fan here? idk if it's just a coincidence but there's an episode in detective conan that is same as this crime scene. still love it tho
Main Candy:
Bonus Candy:
Nov 6, 2023 6:29 PM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
Weekly Youhei Azakami (and Ron) appreciation post. Daba-doobie-doo-daba-debi-dub-baya!

Yet another charming goofball, Mofu Usaki, has been added to the cast! One who has caught onto Ron's peculiar ability as well... Makes sense when she has spent so long trying to prove such things don't exist.
Nov 6, 2023 8:09 PM

Mar 2007
That was interesting. I am enjoying the doctor character that was shown in the ED, but ... how is she a surgeon if she's such a klutz?? Hmmm. Hope to see more of her.
Nov 6, 2023 11:03 PM
Mar 2023
The episode overall is enjoyable .. I really liked the character of the surgeon. She may appear in the upcoming episodes ..

The only thing that bothered me was how he stabbed him with a pen while there was a large crowd around him. It was possible to plan a trick, such as cutting off the electricity, for example, or distracting the crowd so that he could do this action instead of using a superficial event.
Nov 7, 2023 12:31 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to hai_X_is
Fact that Ron doesn't believe in psychic powers and yet his very words can drive people to suicide really make me wonder. Ron must've seen a risk to having Toto help him solve cases. Heck he almost fell off the building in the first episode. Good thing Mofu is such a klutz.

Speaking of Mofu, surprised the girl from the ED has appeared. Wonder if she'll be a reoccurring character. Maybe she can fix what's wrong with Ron.

On another note, I just noticed Ron's last name is on the building he lives in. Was wondering how he can afford anything considering he's been shut in for so long. Wonder what his parents do for living. Also if they ever thought to get him help with this abnormality.
@hai_X_is He owns the building, and rents the other apartments.
Was said by him in the first episode while mentioning some things the tenants gave him in the past.
Waifus only represent ideals
Nov 7, 2023 3:27 AM

Nov 2014
The absolute audacity of the 2 of them to sit there and talk about psychic powers not existing, meanwhile Ron's there with his magic suicide eye HAHAHAHA
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Oct 2019
Not a bad episode, though its mystery parody(?) elements were a bit too on the nose. Running the movement of that victim through a supposed... "biological motion app"(lol?) was ridiculous, since the man had a... fracking face.

She could have trivially matched his face from that supposed psychic's previous shows in seconds. If that was a parody element it was not a funny one. It was also obvious that guy was a plant long before it was disclosed.

As for that "genius neuro-surgeon" (who cannot do proper bandages, i.e. kindergarten medicine) let's just say that excessive clumsiness is an over-used trope I've long grown tired of. Does it really need to be a thing in nearly every anime?
SharpedonNov 7, 2023 6:04 AM
Nov 7, 2023 6:23 AM

Sep 2008
Reply to BurningSpirit
The absolute audacity of the 2 of them to sit there and talk about psychic powers not existing, meanwhile Ron's there with his magic suicide eye HAHAHAHA
@BurningSpirit, eliminate "psychic powers" from your thinking and consider something more realistic to explain Ron's "magic suicide eyes".
Nov 7, 2023 6:37 AM

Mar 2008
I assume Mofu is only clumsy from tiredness and lack of focus so it is suggested she is coordinated only during surgery i presume. Hard to picture that.

Sharpedon said:
Not a bad episode, though its mystery parody(?) elements were a bit too on the nose. Running the movement of that victim through a supposed... "biological motion app"(lol?) was ridiculous, since the man had a... fracking face.

They just didnt directly mention he wears a disguise each time he is on so it is a different face. Obviously any regular viewer would notice it is the same guy if he wasnt disguised.
Nov 7, 2023 7:26 AM
Jul 2014
The main flaw of this episode is that the finishing move (killing action) was during a time when Dr. Mofu and many others would be observing the victim. The whole episode was going fine for me until it was revealed that he stabbed the victim's nape with the pen needle after the broadcast got suspended. Unless he can move his arm faster than mach 20, it's impossible for human eyes to miss it.

2nd major dissatisfaction/confusion I have about this eps is, when Toto got "stabbed" by what he thought was the needle. It's psychologically impossible to trick yourself into believing you felt a needle tip when you get contacted by the tip of a thick marker. 1 is sharp, thin and induces pain as it penetrates the innervated subcutaneous layers. The other is literally a blunt, thick, wet surface that lacks the pressure to stimulate any nociceptors. I've also considered the effects of adrenaline, as Toto most likely had adrenaline rushing through his vessels at that moment. Although adrenaline numbs pain receptors, it does not compromise any intellectual function. Toto is not mentally clumsy enough to mistake a marker pen mark for the opening of a needle wound. As such, it makes 0 sense.

I'm slowly being convinced that the author didn't prioritise logic when writing. I'm watching on in hopes of seeing 1 eps displaying pure logic when it comes to the case. I don't mind ironic comedic effects like Dr. Mofu being a clumsy surgeon. However, I do value logic when it comes to the cases and causes of death; it's a detective anime after all
Nov 7, 2023 5:32 PM

Sep 2021
Ironically, my thought process during the TV segment was "What did this card show? Sleep?" before my subtitles told me it was death.

So, after the final scene, I finally get why people ship Toto X Ron. That was also about the only good scene in the entire episode.

Everything else was episodic crime and comedy as usual, but much worse than usual.

The whole "Magic isn't real, said the wizard" stuff was already one out of two main flaws in Death Mount Death Play and it's no better here. They did hint that Mofu noticed it, but that doesn't make it any better.

And as mentioned above by others, today's case had some major flaws in terms of logic and was incredibly boring.

I'll give this show one last chance next week, but by the current trend I expect to drop it afterwards.
Nov 7, 2023 5:37 PM

Dec 2015
CorbanEsp said:
@hai_X_is He owns the building, and rents the other apartments.
Was said by him in the first episode while mentioning some things the tenants gave him in the past.

Ah gotcha. That makes sense. Thank you for the clarification. Wonder how much money or influence he has.
Nov 7, 2023 6:47 PM

Mar 2011
I'm all in for logic but please hear me out...

The main flaw of this episode is that the finishing move (killing action) was during a time when Dr. Mofu and many others would be observing the victim. The whole episode was going fine for me until it was revealed that he stabbed the victim's nape with the pen needle after the broadcast got suspended. Unless he can move his arm faster than mach 20, it's impossible for human eyes to miss it.

It's not wrong that it must have been difficult and there was some luck ivolved for him to not get caught stabbing the victim's neck. But let's consider the fact that the victim still played along, thinking it was all part of the show and he was pretending to sleep (well if I'd need to point something out it would be him being naive enough to think Torage would still willingly work with him after he threatened him). But I think the problem here is that the manga describes it better:

- the victim was still wearing headphones blocking outside sounds, thinking he was pretending to sleep so he didn't know everyone was thinking he would have died and probably waited for a sign he could stop (interestingly enough when Dr. Mofu was asked to take his position after the first sign they told her to stop which she did despite the headphones which wasn't in the manga. So I blame it on the anime for making that mistake and failing to explain it entirely).

- Victim got stabbed with a needle AFTER broadcasting was interrupted. Remember Torage was still the one checking his pulse and LYING so everyone thought he was already death which caused a commotion (and naturally so). So there must have been some time until Dr. Mofu reached him to perform CPR. Torage could have pretended to adjust the victim's body posture and then using the needle (I kind of wished they would have written it that way to make my point more valid). It could be argued it's still too obvious using a pen but then it's a fact that often when crimes happen and there are eye-witnesses they describe entirely different scenarios or even culprits because in a situation like this thinking rationally and noticing minor details is difficult for most people. Plus Torage already publicly "killed" him so at that time he wasn't the focus of attention.

- the reason the victim was groaning during Dr. Mofu's massage was that the poison started to affect his body. I'm not sure what poison it was but it was probably so quick it wasn't even possible for the victim to point out who did it (aside from the fact Torage took it on him and his powers).

2nd major dissatisfaction/confusion I have about this eps is, when Toto got "stabbed" by what he thought was the needle. It's psychologically impossible to trick yourself into believing you felt a needle tip when you get contacted by the tip of a thick marker. 1 is sharp, thin and induces pain as it penetrates the innervated subcutaneous layers. The other is literally a blunt, thick, wet surface that lacks the pressure to stimulate any nociceptors. I've also considered the effects of adrenaline, as Toto most likely had adrenaline rushing through his vessels at that moment. Although adrenaline numbs pain receptors, it does not compromise any intellectual function. Toto is not mentally clumsy enough to mistake a marker pen mark for the opening of a needle wound. As such, it makes 0 sense.

This one is kind of true :D. Except for... No, I actually don't have an explanation for it. I looked up the chapter in the manga and there it's more like Toto doesn't feel pain from a sting but from snatching it from Torage, yet he thinks it hit him. It got me confused the first time too because I felt like how can you mistake a mark from a pen with a prick of a needle? The only possible explanation would be psychological one caused by a shock (the possibility of being pricked by a poisened needle. Like when we hit an onject with our arm or feet and say "Ouch" even though it didn't hurt and we are fully aware of it but our brain tells us we touched it - not to mistake for when we actually do and it hurts like hell).

I'm slowly being convinced that the author didn't prioritise logic when writing. I'm watching on in hopes of seeing 1 eps displaying pure logic when it comes to the case. I don't mind ironic comedic effects like Dr. Mofu being a clumsy surgeon. However, I do value logic when it comes to the cases and causes of death; it's a detective anime after all

As much as I value logic I don't think it's what this series or the writer is focusing on (and I've noticed it from some readers of the manga expecting perfect logic). Some of these cases make even less sense so I'd say at least in this case they can be explained. Maybe the writer could have done a better job in doing so so I'd not need to defend him/her. But looking for pure logic in a series with a detective pressuring victims to kill themselves with this kind of ability... At least I'm not doing it because based o logic a detective like Ron wouldn't exist. But I totally get your point that at least the cases should make sense and more than this... should be logical and could play out like this. Then again these cases need to be remarkable. Personally I rarely come across criminal cases (at least not fictional ones) that are completely logic and I think the reason for that is that a writer can do as much research as she or he wants... there will always be some kind of flaw (same as there is no perfect crime without leaving any traces even in real life). They can never be sure if their method works bcause they would need to try it and I'm pretty sure most writers don't want to go this far for their work of fiction.

I'm also a writer and while I'm not focusing on crime stories with bunch of cases, most of my books have at least aspects of them. I think the most important is to eliminate issues readers could have right from the start and avoid them and if not possible try to find the reasons/explanations why it could still work (including them already). Even if they sound far-fetched some readers might take them (while others won't). I feel like that's the main issue with this series.

And like I said... I've started to read the manga and there are cases even more absurd. So I feel like I can defend this one because it's actually good and I can see what the writer was thinking creating it. But maybe that's because I'm a writer too. Also I'm not a fan of writers having to explain their work outside of it because I think it should be mostly self-explanatory so I think that's the main flaw here, not the lack of logic (at least for me personally).
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 7, 2023 8:11 PM

May 2019
This case, while still interesting, was not as exciting to dissect what happened as previous cases. I thought maybe the marker had an opening to be used as a blow dart or something and not that the psychic guy injected the back of his neck while checking on him.

Regarding Ron's hypnosis thing with his eye, I wonder if Mofu can do anything about that as it really is an issue to say the least. Also, what happened to the purple haired guy that wanted Ron's help? I'm assuming he will reappear at some point.
Nov 8, 2023 1:10 AM
Jul 2014
Hi! Thanks for your response, I appreciate your input.

Wildflower3 said:
- Victim got stabbed with a needle AFTER broadcasting was interrupted. Remember Torage was still the one checking his pulse and LYING so everyone thought he was already death which caused a commotion (and naturally so). So there must have been some time until Dr. Mofu reached him to perform CPR. Torage could have pretended to adjust the victim's body posture and then using the needle (I kind of wished they would have written it that way to make my point more valid). It could be argued it's still too obvious using a pen but then it's a fact that often when crimes happen and there are eye-witnesses they describe entirely different scenarios or even culprits because in a situation like this thinking rationally and noticing minor details is difficult for most people. Plus Torage already publicly "killed" him so at that time he wasn't the focus of attention.

I'm well aware why the mole didn't get up, and that he didn't hear the commotion. I also know he was waiting for a sign to stop, he can't be sleeping there forever. Unfortunately, I don't think my confusion is addressed. I believe you have made some assumptions.
The commotion only involved verbal uproars. With the broadcast cut off, directors & host wouldn't let audience run amok, nor would the audience crowd around the corpse because they know corpses shouldn't be tampered with (they aren't kids who don't know better). It's not like someone armed has appeared.

Therefore, "there must have been some time until Dr. Mofu reached him to perform CPR" is an assumption. Dr. Mofu would have rushed to the "corpse" to verify the truth because she's signed an oath to save lives (we can see how passionate she is from her backstory). Being a revered surgeon, she wouldn't take the psychic's words at face value. Dr. Mofu is also extremely observant (as expected of an esteemed neurosurgeon) who has caught signs of the mechanisms of Ron's geass (she said "that wasn't merely threatening" in Japanese to Toto). Even if there's nobody observant or level-headed enough from the audience/backstage cast to catch the psychic making motions around a "corpse", Dr. Mofu would have caught it. If the author planned for Dr. Mofu to somehow miss that, it's overlooked plot armour as it's out of character (I'm aware she pretends to be clumsy/silly for a comedic trope).

Wildflower3 said:
The only possible explanation would be psychological one caused by a shock (the possibility of being pricked by a poisened needle. Like when we hit an onject with our arm or feet and say "Ouch" even though it didn't hurt and we are fully aware of it but our brain tells us we touched it - not to mistake for when we actually do and it hurts like hell).

I mentioned that it's psychologically impossible because, there's no record of such cases in scientific literature (that I could find at least!). There have been experiments where we can be frightened by perceived harm to our body part (e.g. hand, finger), but it's been concluded (so far) that no amount of anticipation can produce that phantom pain long enough for Toto to believe he got stabbed by the needle for the next 20+ seconds. Long-term phantom pain is possible due to traumatic memories (e.g. of losing a limb) from the amygdala affecting the somatosensory cortex, which isn't the case with Toto. Oh well, of course I wouldn't expect manga authors to be well-versed in physiology and psychology 🤭 It's my fault, my understanding of such concepts has made me naturally see such events as illogical.

Wildflower3 said:
Also I'm not a fan of writers having to explain their work outside of it because I think it should be mostly self-explanatory so I think that's the main flaw here, not the lack of logic (at least for me personally).

I believe you and I are saying the same thing! 😉 If a work isn't self-explanatory or isn't able to be explained without using assumptions, I'm afraid, for the lack of better words, it is lacking logic.
Nov 9, 2023 3:21 AM
Mar 2019
Hmmm...makes me wonder. Isn't Ron's 'mind control' ability psychic?
Nov 9, 2023 5:36 AM

Apr 2023
I thought it should at least be some new development in the old trick...but there was only that tired trick again. However, Mofu-chan is cute and the theme of this ep reminds me of...well I guess I shouldn't mention that here.
Nov 10, 2023 12:11 AM

Mar 2013
Cool episode with a new character, and I like her voice. Feels familiar somehow. Will she be able to deduct the real nature of his eyes? will she be a heroine? hmm... 🥲
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 10, 2023 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
Aww Ron actually looks so great in slim pants, not sports ones.
TBH, without all that comedy gags I would like the show much more.
Nov 10, 2023 10:09 PM

Mar 2013
He really almost got Toto killed this time lol
Mofu is so cute though~
Nov 10, 2023 11:27 PM

Jan 2017
Hmm a little predictable but it's fine
Nov 11, 2023 3:57 PM

Jan 2023
This pink hair girl is so pretty
Nov 12, 2023 10:31 PM

Dec 2018
Chrome appearance and her voice is also soft like Chrome is xD
Well, nothing special except for Mofu introduction and Toto almost dead if Mofu isn't clumsy xD And Ron eyes are creepy in this episode

Nov 13, 2023 5:20 PM

Dec 2018
our detective is starting to become a genius, ron didn't have to do much at all i think we can expect great things.
Nov 16, 2023 3:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting the new character, the wounded surgeon .... and clumsy !!!
kekeke
Nov 20, 2023 9:11 AM

May 2020
We need to stop this geass thing soon.. REALLY REALLY SOON, before it enters the cringe territory.

Also, when will we start getting cases which could be termed as a "mystery", the theme this series was advertised upon? Because for now, the cases are as exciting as Isshiki's character in this series.
Nov 20, 2023 7:46 PM

Jul 2017
Ron being fascinated by a TV, which once again, is the case of a live broadcast murder between a psychic and neurosurgeon, of which Usaki Mofu is quite the character. Of course, the psychic can attest his claims, and Usaki rebutts it, with the test subject staged to make the effect of the psychic seem true. And since this is a live broadcast, both Ron and Toto rush to the TV station...which Ron begins his usual facade goofing, and gives the impression that he's hiding his presence as much to give Toto the spotlight. But for a case of mental altercations, Usaki sure let the pressure get to her. But as usual, Toto will always have the trick ready.

The murder itself, which was broadcasted live, Toto wants to re-enact the situation, which went the same way as it did earlier, only adding the poison thereafter when the broadcast stopped. And the pen itself is a weapon of tool, which due to Ron's psychic sleuthing, Torage almost grazed himself, and Toto did find an ink mark, though that's just a regular felt pen from when Usaki's clumsiness hit Torage and passed him the normal pen instead of the poisoned needle pen.

The invitation to an observatory spikes some good time away from sleuthing...and black syrup is all that matters for Ron.
Nov 21, 2023 10:35 AM
Jul 2023
We finally meet the mysterious girl in the ED.

And it got gayer, let's go!
Jan 9, 4:50 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Jonas-K
The super detective by convenience didn't know what a television was... can this anime get any stupider or is that the limit?

(⁠╯⁠ರ⁠ ⁠~⁠ ⁠ರ⁠)⁠╯⁠︵⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻
@Jonas-K

There is no such thing as psychic powers says the guy who can psychically tell people to go kill themselves.
Jan 11, 7:50 AM
Apr 2021
Honestly, I find it hilarious Toto took half the season to start noticing that he should've kept Ron from doing his magicky eye thing BEFORE he had the chance to do it. Ron always does his mojo after the case is cracked and t he criminal confesses, so it's fairly easy for Toto to predict when he needs to prevent Ron from talking at all.

But nopeee, took Toto nearly dying and Ron nearly falling into depression for them to actually take Ron's illness seriously smh
Jan 11, 7:52 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to Softhenic03
We need to stop this geass thing soon.. REALLY REALLY SOON, before it enters the cringe territory.

Also, when will we start getting cases which could be termed as a "mystery", the theme this series was advertised upon? Because for now, the cases are as exciting as Isshiki's character in this series.
@Softhenic03 hahaha gosh this comment is real, i just laughed so hard cuz this is really true. I turn off my brain watching this cuz that's what i usually do with most animes, but i still manage to crack the case with pretty obvious 'plot twists'. Actually i got the criminals right the second sth suspicious happens, it really isn't that mysterious at all
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2023

42 by CutieAnshin »»
Aug 2, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2023

78 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 27, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

71 by Limun »»
Jul 25, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2023

109 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 25, 5:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.