Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2007 12:43 AM

May 2007
I loved this episode. I guess I like the somewhat romantic stuff. It wasn't too lovey dovey, but little hints here and there are enough. We now know Saya and Tohya's feelings... now if they only know each others... in time I guess.

Tanda is pretty easy going about things. Risking his life that way, then checking out Nayug and being impressed. We see how tight of a bond Balsa and Tanda have. Whether or not anything happens between those two is up in the air. Heck, nothing may ever happen.

Also, we learned a little more about Sagu and Nayug. That's something that I've been wanting to understand more. We should learn a lot more when the shaman returns. I'm really eager to see more of that.

As for the next episode... heck yeah! Chagum fighting. Braisn and brawn for the kid with the spirit that will bring disaster to the masses! I wonder if that's him and Balsa sparring in the preview... Looks real good!
Jun 18, 2007 6:24 AM

Oct 2006
yosha! Chagum will fight in the next episode apparently! Can't wait ^^... and yeah that seemed like he was sparring with Balsa. I don't think he knows how to fight so possibly Balsa will teach him some move.

Anyway. The episode was good. A lot of mysticism involved and a good amount of bounding between the characters too. I'd sure like to see something happen between Balsa and Tanda, romance is always good for a show...

Looking foward to the next episode. Really looking foward... Go Chagum~ ^_^
Jun 22, 2007 8:06 PM

May 2007
I just wanted to add that I jumped like a little beyotch when Tanda fell into Nayug. Whoo, it scared me, : )

Another solid episode, really happy that Tohya and Saya didnt get separated.
Jun 22, 2007 9:26 PM

May 2007
Nightriver said:
I just wanted to add that I jumped like a little beyotch when Tanda fell into Nayug. Whoo, it scared me, : )

Another solid episode, really happy that Tohya and Saya didnt get separated.

I didn't jump like a little *explicit word*, but it did send chills down my spine. Great scene.
Feb 5, 2008 3:52 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This was a beautiful episode, from beginning to the end. Also Saya is really cute.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 7, 2008 10:03 PM

Oct 2007
That ep was just too cool. And Chagum's little dig at both Balsa and Tanda at the end, rofl
Aug 29, 2008 3:36 AM

Jun 2008
Great, a little mystic and romantic episode. How did authors of this anime do that this episodes are so interesting without faithing and etc?? Great characters, mystic atmosphere and beautiful animation!
Jan 10, 2009 9:46 PM

Jul 2008
A Tanda episode this time huh, well the world of Nayug was cool.
Feb 2, 2009 6:27 PM

Jul 2008
If we don't see another fight this series, I don't think I'd mind. The show is that good.
Apr 7, 2009 12:24 AM

Feb 2009
Kawaii, but not so cute when you almost died!
May 10, 2009 6:03 PM

Jul 2008
Ralonzo said:
That ep was just too cool. And Chagum's little dig at both Balsa and Tanda at the end, rofl

Ditto at Chagum's observation skillz. xD

BEGINNER
Jun 13, 2009 11:49 PM

Nov 2007
Very well done episode, the animation for Nayug was incredible, and nice to see them hint at a possible relationship between Tanda and Balsa ^_^!
Dec 15, 2009 5:18 PM

May 2009
Great episode. I liked the "spirit walking". Nayug looked so pretty!
Mar 28, 2010 8:26 PM

Sep 2008
eh... it was a good episode, but I'm not a big fan of Toya and Saya. I'm not talking about their relationship. I just not a huge fan of their character in general.

The parts of this show that I liked was Tanda's view of Nayug - it's beautiful and it was really interesting to see - and the hints at Balsa and Tanda's relationship. XD

The two of them are so blind, but Chagum sees it. >:] It would be nice to see them admit to their feelings before the series ends. I had to laugh at how fast Balsa snatched up that flower wine and forced it down Tanda's throat. XD

One thing that really bugged me in this episode - someone needs to beat up that meddling matchmaker. Telling Saya that Toya would be punished if she didn't agree to the marriage??? Lying to Toya about Saya's view? And even lying to the rice merchant and his boy about their reactions?

What the heck? Come on Balsa, a slap or two would totally be warranted in this situation.
Aug 2, 2010 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
They put a little of romance in here, the arranged marriage thing start it off.
Tanda doing the Soul Call added up the HX of Nayug
so I wonder how both of them can see the butterfly.

in the end, Saya was happy being with Tohya, nice pair
what about Balsa and Tanda hehe
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 20, 2010 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
really great episode im really liking how things are turning out

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 24, 2010 12:49 PM

Sep 2008
Another great episode... I liked all the little hints at romance (between Tanda and Balsa), and how a little bit more about Nayug was revealed. :) And I'm sort of surprised, like Balsa, about Touya and Saya... I don't know, I actually thought they did love each other like siblings. That romance was unexpected for me, especially after Touya saying that Saya felt more like a daughter, and then going on to say that a brother only wishes for his sister's happiness... Blahhh whatever. I'mma focus on Balsa and Tanda - they make a nice pair. :D And Chagum seems to have caught onto that already, haha! The way he was looking at them in the end... :)

Next episode looks promising. >D Chagum, fighting? He'll have brains AND brawn on his side if he gets good at fighting, too.
Aug 29, 2010 10:44 PM

May 2010
The scenery was beautiful, especially with that island turtle.

I love the way Chagum looks at Balsa and Tanda at the end.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 31, 2010 4:29 PM

Oct 2010
First time watching I was really impressed with the overall feeling of Nayug, the ancient and mysterious vibe of it. The soundtrack plays a good big role for this suppose.
And my insides fell down when I saw Tanda fell too. Lol. A very absorbing anime.

Second time I get more aware of the details. Whenever Tanda walks near a fire, it wobbles. And yay for "well we know we have some romance here but it's been so deep that it's safe to put aside for a second because we've got more important things to do.''
Jan 2, 2011 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
Yet another great episode, Nayug was so beautiful and mysterious, the animators did a great job at that. Gg happy ending for TohyaXSaya ;)
Last bit with the 3 of them together was great, they looked liked a real family ♥
Feb 11, 2011 4:57 PM

Apr 2009
Oh wow, I jumped (with the notebook on my lap, no less) when Tanda fell into Nayug. Which, by the way, was pretty amazing *__* And I see there's a shipper on deck! Chagum sees what I do too, hell yea for Balsa and Tanda.
And I think they do realise this themselves...when Chagum looked at them after they mentioned Saya's feelings, they first looked at him, then at eachother, and then sideways with a slight smirk. That tells me they just don't say it, but aren't in denial. At least I hope so.
Oh God, look at me. Such an interesting anime and all I talk about is an in-series couple. (Can I be excused by this being a somewhat romance-centered episode? xD)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 15, 2011 2:17 PM

Apr 2009
Good God! My hairs were raising when he was staring up at the mountains in Nayug.

I loved every moments of Balsa and Tanda here but especially the scene when she was supporting him in one arm when he regained consciousness.

Cenedess said:
when Chagum looked at them after they mentioned Saya's feelings, they first looked at him, then at eachother, and then sideways with a slight smirk.

And that too. ♥_♥

Such an interesting anime and all I talk about is an in-series couple. (Can I be excused by this being a somewhat romance-centered episode? xD)

Ah don't worry I think most if not all who posted here are all fans anyway. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 26, 2012 9:55 AM

Apr 2009
The world building in this anime pulls me in so hard. Most characters' development and stories have been pretty generic but it's really, really great at what it does well.
Mar 7, 2012 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Saya is cute indeed
Jul 16, 2012 1:35 AM

Apr 2009
A little weird and unexpected, but I suppose it was alright in the end. I came here expecting some cool spear action. Guess this series can twist and turn in any direction it likes.
Aug 17, 2012 8:06 PM

Jul 2011
Mushishi moment. O_O

Hehe, I like SayaxToya. Saw it coming a mile away. Also, Chagum seems to notice the BalsaxTanda. :D

Loved this episode!!

Edit: 2016 Kamiyama's characteristic slow-pace, 2nd-half development. Now we learn more about the other world that plays an important role later on in the story. Also, if I remember correctly Saya and Touya are actually anime original characters. Great to see them still characterised. :D
MirorinJan 22, 2016 9:23 PM
Sep 14, 2012 5:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The last couple of episodes have been a bit slow. I hope that there comes some change in Chagum/Balsa's circumstance so we can get some action again.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 5, 2013 8:50 AM

Dec 2009
Far out the stand out for this episode was that view of Nayug. Damn it was beautiful.
Jun 25, 2013 1:45 PM

Sep 2009
I was scared that maybe Tanda won't get back anymore and that he will stay in Nayug.
Jun 28, 2013 2:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nayug was so mystical and just beautiful. My eyes widened when that green mountain like structure started walking...a turtle? XD Balsa knew Tanda couldn't find his way back into his body, I found that interesting. And of course Chagum saves the day, but not without Tanda realizing the egg was a way to communicate with him.

I didn't realize Saya was in love with Touya, that's cute ^^ and lol at Chagum looking back and forth between Balsa and Tanda, he knows! I can't reiterate how much I love this kid.
Feb 15, 2014 11:15 AM

Nov 2009
I loved Nayug . . . It was the like the scenery from a Miyazaki film honestly . . . I hope at some point they actually visit Nayug. However . . . If it is that easy to cross between the two (I mean Tanda did it on accident), shouldn't Torogai be able to just do it and visit the residents of Nayug that way?
Aug 16, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
That Fat Match Maker Hag needs divine punishment for trying to there Touya & Saya apart

After Balsa & Tanda were talking about Saya liking Touya Chagum looket at Balsa & Tanda & Smirked & I LOLED, & then i say'd sharp boy u noticed that they like each other as well :D

a small prat of this EP felt like NTR
Aug 16, 2014 11:50 AM

Sep 2012
for some reason this series reminds me of Avata Legend Of Korra, maybe its more like Balsa herself reminds me of Korra, the are similar, but Korra is more Hot headed, by hot headed i mean jumps in action with out thinking, with out strategy, she dose that a lot, but other then that they are similar
Nov 12, 2014 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
I did not expect that Saya actually like liked Touya (his teeth are so busted). I thought it was more of a brother/sister relationship of not wanting to be separated from each other yet. He is batting way out of his league with this one. Good for him I guess...
Jan 14, 2015 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
The start of each episode is always slightly confusing, sometimes this anime is episodic.
Mysterious, I would to have some more explanation to how magic works in this universe.
Feb 11, 2015 9:17 AM
Aug 2014
Chagums knowing look at the end was hilarious.
Feb 15, 2015 10:45 PM

Feb 2014
Am I missing something here? I thought Tanda could talk to Balsa even while in spirit form. He could have just asked her to make his body drink the flower wine. Or was it a coincidence that their individual monologues after his spirit left his body just happened to sound like a conversation between them?

I didn't see Saya and Toya coming. Had this been any other show, she would've ended up with Chagum, but Moribito knows better. And that moment with the three of them in the end was really funny. Tanda already sees himself as Balsa's housewife too lol.
Feb 18, 2015 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
There's something I didn't understand.How was it that when Tanda had done the soul calling and seemed to be in a different world,how was it that it seemed as if he was conversing with Balsa? Or is it that they have a bond so tight,that there able to assess what the other was saying and just saying it aloud? If they were communicating then why did Tanda need to communicate with Chagum through the egg to tell them about the wine? Couldn't he have just said so to Balsa?
Mar 16, 2015 11:45 PM

Nov 2013
The best part of the episode was when Tanda ended up in Nayug. The soundtrack that accompanied the vast landscape and the large creatures was epic.

This episode kinda reminded me of Mushishi. At least the part about getting Saya's soul back to the real world.

One thing I didn't understand was how Balsa was able to respond to Tanda that one time or was it just a coincidence?

Great episode anyways.

8/10

Apr 29, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2010
WolfWood37 said:
If we don't see another fight this series, I don't think I'd mind. The show is that good.
May 9, 2015 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
In response to the people confused about the dialogue when Tanda left his body: No Balsa couldn't hear Tanda. Balsa just stated "you did it" when he left his body (in the dub it's even changed to "he did it"). The other "conversation" they have is just them saying something they both couldn't say face to face (at least that's the only reason I can come up with). It was just a coincidence. Balsa even interrupted Tanda when he was still talking and she was looking at his soulless body the whole time, she never looks up when he is talking or anything. Balsa only knew Tanda was there because of the candles.

The episode started a bit odd, I had to check if I didn't start the wrong episode, but o well with how much I'm enjoying this show it didn't even bother me that much. It's nice to see something more of Nayug and I couldn't help but smile at the looks the 3 gave each other in the end.
Sep 24, 2015 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
The transition between last episode and this one felt random/poor, for a second I thought I might've accidentally skipped an episode. 2nd half of the episode made up for it though when Tanda fell into Nayug. Pretty awesome stuff.
Dec 12, 2015 6:32 PM
Jun 2013
Another decent episode. Pacing has gotten a little slow for my taste though. I'm definitely ready for the story to move again.
Apr 17, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
I had a feeling I wouldn't like SnM as much as I would have before I watch Kemono no Souja Erin, unfortunately, my feelings became reality..

I thought Tanda could speak with Balsa when his soul was out of his body, but then, all of the sudden, he couldn't communicate with her? I mean, it's not that big of a deal, since they never really said that they could communicate when Tanda is in that form, but it just feel.. wrong.

I totally disliked the idea of pairing up the 'siblings' too, it was too sudden. I have always thought of them as brother and sister, and to suddenly start pairing them up just feel, weird. I wouldn't mind if all the sister had for the 'brother' was just a simple crush, which I really do hope is the case.

I really liked Nayug though, as many have stated, it's beautiful, magical, reminds me of that childhood fantasy every kids dream of.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 15, 2017 12:16 PM

Jan 2010
That was a bit subtle at the end. Balsa had been entirely calm and collected ever since Tanda's soul left his body, but upon learning that drinking the rice wine would bring him back, she immediately sprints towards the wine and forces it down Tanda's throat. She was panicking inside, but she wasn't showing it. In fact, the anime had enough tact to also not show it, even a bit. It was actually something you had to guess at based on her personality and past with him. I really liked that.
May 6, 2017 10:17 PM

Oct 2012
I like how at the end Chagum is looking at both Balsa and Tanda then laughed
He noticed that both of them have feelings for the other too, just like Saya and Tohya xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 25, 2018 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
At first I was mad at Touya for throwing away that money, doing so is usually stupid, but as soon as I learned where he got it from, I realized just how right he was. I hate the concept of a dowry, it was like that woman was trying to buy Saya with those three gold coins, I'm glad the arranged marriage was called off, I know it's common for the period, but Saya is still young, and she was manipulated into accepting it in the first place, so much that even her soul ran away from it. It's nice that she and Touya truly care for each other, I hope they can be happy on that home as they were so far.

And well, I'm impressed with Tanda, after what himself, and Togarai said about his spiritual skills, I never thought he would be able to do something like that, Nayug was epic, and Tanda is cooler than I thought. It was pretty low of him to try and make Balsa feel guilty for taking lives in order to save lives, it's a paradox I guess, but it wasn't like she was killing for the sake of killing, but now we know that her policy of not killing is in place because of Tanda, it's crazy how they thought and talked about the same thing when they couldn't even hear each other, they truly know each other.
Mar 26, 2019 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
Truly and magnificent esoterism. This series is fantastic in terms of true knowledge.
Aug 21, 2019 9:58 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah this episode felt like a Mushishi episode. Nayug looks interesting.
Aug 24, 2019 9:11 AM

May 2015
I felt sexual tension.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 1, 2007

54 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 15 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 24, 2007

46 by WIIXAnd »»
Feb 26, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 12 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jun 30, 2007

45 by Safrichh »»
Feb 12, 8:20 PM

» Why does balsa leave for kambal in the end (her hometown)

Kitsune_089 - Dec 13, 2023

9 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 5, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mild_even - Jun 17, 2007

66 by Safrichh »»
Nov 28, 2023 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.