Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
This episode felt like an emotional ride and fairly interesting to see relationship dynamics outside of the usual Chise/Elias relationship.

Mariel is a fairly underrated character imo so her getting some spotlight shows more of her personality. Still, Chise does her work as usual with her friends and keeps her head straight. Kinda felt like this was a buildup episode for something bigger.
Oct 12, 2023 8:24 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, i guess as one would expect our furry assassin team from before was indeed forced to do what they did, their babies were kidnapped :(. Fainted sad princess got some pep talk too, good to see that, tho still, on the verge of a mental collapse ... Both scenarios seem to have one thing in common, the evil grandma.

And then the silent blue hoodied guy asking the true question, out of nowhere too, lol. That was funny actually :D
Oct 12, 2023 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
The adaptive classes continue, as well as giving Philomela some breathing room, Chise tries to calm her down, though things like freedom are very foreign to her. Sure, Lucy may have been kind to her, but this is more of an egotistical problem that takes some beating of the heart, and to Philomela, Chise's giving her kindness that no one would've provided to her. But the Headmaster's playback through Alcyone, it seems that there hasn't been any progress since.

Finding the traces of the forbidden Testament, Mariel and the wild wolf witch find a secret witchcraft shop, though they got some help in the process. While Chise and her friends are still contemplating with the College's exams, While Chise and Zoe are whisked away by Lucy, Isaac throwing the question to Rian if he fancies Philomela, that's not it.

Indeed, the Testament is still in the College...so where the heck is it?
Oct 12, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2021
The OP gets better and better the more I watch it. It's so amazing.
That beast woman is heading to the College it seems.
Being Philomela is pain. Love her part of the story though. She really is somewhat similar to Chise from earlier in the story.
I looked up who Phyllis is and she is a witch and the leader of an the coven (a group or meeting of witches) Marielle is in. She is tied to a tree and she first appeared in episode 21 of season 1.

I put this into Google Translate and it turns out this is Latin.

The culprit does something again!
Good episode.
EmbientOct 12, 2023 9:04 AM
Oct 12, 2023 9:56 AM
Mar 2015
where is the book?
Oct 12, 2023 12:02 PM
May 2017
Mariel is good!

Where is Elias?

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 12, 2023 12:25 PM
May 2017
Reply to Embient
Being Philomela is pain. Love her part of the story though. She really is somewhat similar to Chise from earlier in the story.
I looked up who Phyllis is and she is a witch and the leader of an the coven (a group or meeting of witches) Marielle is in. She is tied to a tree and she first appeared in episode 21 of season 1.

Good episode.
@Embient Yes, it is Latin. The vowels are accented with the Macron.

Sōcratēs cum facile posset ēdūcī ē custōdia, nōluit...
Socrates, when he could easily be brought out of prison, refused...

Dolō erat pugnandum, cum pār nōn esset...
It was a trick to fight, when it was not a match...

Fēminae ad lūdōs veniunt ut spectent...
Women come to the games to watch...

...imperātor ita...
...the emperor so...
Oct 12, 2023 12:36 PM

Sep 2014
This show just feels so much more magical than any other, usually magic is stat driven, with game logic or combat in mind. Here its actually otherwordly.

Philomela is pretty cute but her voice acting drives me crazy, its too overdone. Every single line of hers sounds like she is in complete despair. Oh no, someone brought me some water, the horror! Dial it back by 10% and it would be perfect.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 12, 2023 12:39 PM

Jun 2015
Shino born in another world. Just kidding. Another great eps and the plot thickens
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 12, 2023 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to leonardobarba
@Embient Yes, it is Latin. The vowels are accented with the Macron.

Sōcratēs cum facile posset ēdūcī ē custōdia, nōluit...
Socrates, when he could easily be brought out of prison, refused...

Dolō erat pugnandum, cum pār nōn esset...
It was a trick to fight, when it was not a match...

Fēminae ad lūdōs veniunt ut spectent...
Women come to the games to watch...

...imperātor ita...
...the emperor so...
@leonardobarba Nice catch, would never of thought of it, but I googled your translations, and its from Plato.

Chapter 2 :The GREEKS

SOCRATES IN PRISON

Crito
By Plato

I'm going to have to bookmark as much anime today but my respect for the small details!
Oct 12, 2023 1:01 PM
May 2017
Reply to Roch2001
@leonardobarba Nice catch, would never of thought of it, but I googled your translations, and its from Plato.

Chapter 2 :The GREEKS

SOCRATES IN PRISON

Crito
By Plato

I'm going to have to bookmark as much anime today but my respect for the small details!
@Roch2001 It is amazing how manga and anime can be so cultured and reflect the education of the japanese people.

Both Plato and Socrates are fundamental stones of the Philosophy.
leonardobarbaOct 12, 2023 1:08 PM
Oct 12, 2023 1:02 PM

May 2015
God I feel bad for Philomela. Best character introduced in Season 2 by far.
Oct 12, 2023 2:02 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to leonardobarba
@Roch2001 It is amazing how manga and anime can be so cultured and reflect the education of the japanese people.

Both Plato and Socrates are fundamental stones of the Philosophy.
@leonardobarba

True. This is why I watch anime, I can never get tired of complex stories with complex characters in worlds with meaning and history interwoen. Love it.
Oct 12, 2023 2:44 PM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode,it was interesting for me
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 12, 2023 2:55 PM

Nov 2016
One thing I'm looking forward to is a Philomela pay-off moment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2023 3:06 PM

Dec 2013
Philomela : ( I want her to be happy and smiles just like she used to do in that flashback.
Oct 12, 2023 3:14 PM

Jul 2021
Okay, I felt so emocional in this episode when I noticed that Chise grew up emotionally and psychologically. The way she put herself in Philomela's shoes because she herself went through very hard stuff and now Chise is able to help others, like once she needed. I'm really proud of her development.

Also, god, I just wanna hug Philomela and say everything will be fine. She really doesn't deserve what she is going through, and I truly hope Chise is able to help Philomela to be free and happy.
Oct 12, 2023 4:34 PM

Mar 2019
Me listening the opening song.└⁠(⁠ ⁠^⁠ω⁠^⁠)⁠」

Oct 12, 2023 6:39 PM

Jun 2021
I just hope Philomela will be saved.
Oct 12, 2023 7:04 PM

Apr 2022
philomela getting hit with stuff she never hears before.
Oct 12, 2023 9:26 PM

Feb 2019
I just want Philomela to be happy at this point
Oct 13, 2023 3:25 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Philomela deserves happiness so badly... =(

While it was nice to see Chise, Lucy and the other classmates do what they can to help her, it seems that the roots of despair will simply keep on pestering Philomela until she breaks. We saw that despair eat into her emotions more after the playback message from Alcyone.

With Mariel and her companion doing their best to locate the missing testament book, from what the headmaster was told, the book is still within the college grounds. It'll be interesting to see how they'll go about finding it and get a clearer idea in who's responsible for taking it in the first place.
Oct 13, 2023 12:48 PM
Sep 2018
Philomela snap out of it, Chise is not BSing you, your grandma and that familiar are the ones abusing you!

Btw Issac looks so cute in wolf form (I’m a simp for wolves, wolves rules🐺❤️)
Oct 13, 2023 6:53 PM
Mar 2019
So, we're getting more background about Phil. No wonder she's like that.
Oct 14, 2023 4:02 AM

Mar 2022
Man I thought Philomela's grandmother was a unpleasant before, now beginning to detest her even more.
Oct 14, 2023 4:30 AM
Mar 2022
The evil grandmother is at the center of all this. I wonder what Philomela’s task is from the grandmother.
And who has the book within the college, everyone is looking more and more suspicious.

The poor werewolves 🥺🤎
Oct 14, 2023 5:38 AM
Dec 2022
The college is now hunkered down for any attack. Philomena is questioning her upbringing and looks like her grandmother is not very nice at all.

We may get to see more of the wolf lady assassin later.
Oct 15, 2023 4:43 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to Embient

Good episode.
@Embient tbh I start watching this anime for the op! I don't regret it it's easily one of my fav for now
Oct 16, 2023 4:12 PM

Sep 2017
God damn man that Grandma is pure evil.
Oct 19, 2023 9:20 AM

Oct 2017
Things are progressing slowly but towards an interesting direction. Also gotta feel for Philomela, hope she'll be free from her cage. Btw is she actually adopted and is a werewolf?
Oct 21, 2023 8:25 PM

Aug 2019
As much as Philomela is still clouded in a lot of mystery even after a whole season, i will say they've really made me sympathise with her. Even if she can be directly linked to a lot of the incidents, they've definitely showed that she's being used by someone and hates what she's doing. Watching her have a mental break from her grandma's pre-recorded message that was specifically activated when her loyalty seemed to waver as a form to punch down on her more into submission was EVIL.

Damn this show still continues to amaze me with the ideas and concepts it pulls out for the fantasy genre. The scene of the witch entering the interdimensional shop and the shop keeper felt like a fever dream start to finish.
Oct 22, 2023 6:54 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to Code0018
As much as Philomela is still clouded in a lot of mystery even after a whole season, i will say they've really made me sympathise with her. Even if she can be directly linked to a lot of the incidents, they've definitely showed that she's being used by someone and hates what she's doing. Watching her have a mental break from her grandma's pre-recorded message that was specifically activated when her loyalty seemed to waver as a form to punch down on her more into submission was EVIL.

Damn this show still continues to amaze me with the ideas and concepts it pulls out for the fantasy genre. The scene of the witch entering the interdimensional shop and the shop keeper felt like a fever dream start to finish.
@Code0018 Looks like you piqued the algorhims intrest and your final post still sits on top in forum rankings. I do agree, this show is very much epic, long may it continue.
Oct 22, 2023 8:37 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Roch2001
@Code0018 Looks like you piqued the algorhims intrest and your final post still sits on top in forum rankings. I do agree, this show is very much epic, long may it continue.
@Roch2001 Wait really? That's definitely a first lol.

Out of interest, how do I check top forum rankings? I don't usually look at MAL's forum rankings a lot so had no clue about this.

And yeah I do love this series a lot a lot. I just think the character and worldbuilding has always been really good, and the concepts and ideas are creative to see.
Nov 7, 2023 4:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The grimoorio is inside the school!!!
kekeke
Nov 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Oct 2019
It appears Philomena and that male werewolf/witch are two of the three werewolf children that were abducted by that evil old hag and her henchmen. And the hag keeps Philomena hostage, by threatening her about her parents.
If I recall correctly from Part 1 both werewolf parents are now free, and working together, but I cannot recall what happened to the father. Anyway, I hope the hag dies a slow painful death.
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Mar 2010
So refreshing to see outside characters investigating and if we have met them before i don't remember lol. But seeing that one gal fight within her inner self is a sight to see.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 16, 2023 11:44 AM

May 2020
This has to be the most "evil" I've seen a grandma after a very very long while.

Also, I can assure you could never roam the streets of London with a wolf in such a carefree manner lol.
Dec 11, 2023 7:19 PM

Aug 2019
I feel terrible for Philomela, she can’t even drink water that has been given to her
Jan 7, 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
Philo just can't catch a break huh? No surprise the killer is still in the school and just where is Elias hiding?
Jan 11, 7:51 AM

Aug 2019
starting to reemember whats going on. so philomelas parents are held hostage(?) and she is thus forced to obey....

i had forgotten they are actually speaking english :D
they are speaking english but the dub is japanese andd in the manga they are speaking english but im reading it in fininish :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 10:32 AM
Jun 2023
I kind of hate the number of flashback scenes.
Apr 14, 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
Yo this opening is fucking BEAUTIFUL! So Philomela's grandma killed Lucy's family. That message playback scene was crazy. It almost reminded me of Killua's family until the hag started threatening her parents. Kiss Clairvoyance (lol) had no budget. That shop transition scene reminded me of Harry Potter for some reason.
Read Toriko!
Apr 29, 3:13 AM

Apr 2013
Very slow development, I feel like Philomea asked Chise a few times already why she cares about her.

More topics from this board

» Where all romance gone?

xakpc - Dec 25, 2023

10 by Gator »»
May 4, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2023

80 by Gator »»
May 4, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

30 by Gator »»
May 4, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

41 by Gator »»
May 3, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2023

29 by Gator »»
May 3, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.