Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Aug 6, 2023 11:32 AM
Aug 2021
He tried to kill himself. Im not sure how to feel?
I think it prob would have relieved him some stress. The Mangod wouldve prob talked some sense into him.
But im glad that the guy was there to help.
Aug 6, 2023 6:19 PM
Mar 2018
Rudeus has the most relatable reactions when fumbling woman.
Aug 6, 2023 7:09 PM
Jan 2021
Well it was obvious from the previous episode that Sara has feelings for Rudeus, but I didn’t expect Rudeus not to be able to get the job done. It’s obvious this has to do with Eris suddenly leaving him after the first time they did it. He still has bottled up feelings.

But then there’s the newfound bond between him and Soldat. Now the two of them are good friends and he tries his best to help him, but it doesn’t work out. But then we have the cliche in which someone talks badly about someone as said person walks up on them. Unfortunately for Rudeus, that was Sara and to put things bluntly, she lost interest in him. I don’t know how long it’ll take for Rudeus to resolve that, but for now he’s got a good friend in Soldat.

I’m excited for more!
Aug 6, 2023 9:39 PM
Jul 2023
I think it was very good , amazing one
Aug 7, 2023 10:36 AM
Dec 2022
This episode had me in tears. felt so bad for him in the beginning
Aug 8, 2023 8:05 AM
Dec 2020
its deamon slayer GO WATCH IT
Aug 10, 2023 3:36 AM
May 2020
Blud can't get his wood up, ultimate curse
Aug 12, 2023 5:56 AM
Nov 2021
Sara had NO RIGHT slap Rudy like that and be upset. SHE TOLD HIM "I just wanted to let you bang me to say thanks" and that she had no feelings for him. yeah, she might've said it because she wanted to protect her true feelings there, but so did Rudy when he said those things :1 And Suzanne probably doesn't even know she told Rudy that she just felt obligated. D<

HOWEVER I'm glad we're now out of the "let's solve this kids erectile dysfunction" arc.
Aug 12, 2023 5:28 PM

Nov 2017
this is awful....

Aug 12, 2023 7:49 PM
May 2021
HangyakuNo_Nikki said:
Rudeus is the strongest mage who could not raise his magic stick.

Some LN Extra Details (Volume 7,  Chapter 5-6 + Epilogue)
- Skipped details on Sara's origin. She was from a village at the western edge of the Milbotts Region, in the middle of Asura Kingdom.
- She became an orphan and was picked up by Suzanne after her family has been killed by monsters
- Some more details regarding Notos Greyrat, which controls the Milbotts Region from Sara's negative perspective is skipped
- Rudeus tried multiple things with Sara when his thing is not rising up before she gives up and left Rudeus.
- This is the first time Rudeus has ever went to red light district.
- Soldat states although he has womens in his clan, they have a strict rule of not having relationship between them to avoid fallout of relationship drama within the clan.
- Rudeus picks Elise, which resembles Eris the most, including the name and looks.
- Elise is grateful to Rudeus for healing her "sister" which is one of the backalley orphan
- Rudeus contemplates if what Elise says to him is a honest talk or a lip service, that a lot of people felt grateful to Rudeus and will not hesitate to serve and please him if he asked for it.
- (Sara's POV)
- Sara was depressed and she thought that her body is too unattractive for men when Rudeus wasn't getting up when he was with her. She cried out whole night while explaning it to Suzanne.
- The next day, they heard that Soldat was dragging Rudeus off to someplace last night and thought he was going to hurt him and went to look for him.
- After Sara calms down, she went to see Elise and gets the full story from her. Elise also defends Rudeus and rebukes Sara on how she leaves him when he needed a support most and told her to leave Rudeus alone.
- Sara became more depressed and thought of apologizing and having a sincere talk with him if she meets him again in the future.

Differences from LN
- Dating scene is oversimplified over an opening, but I think it should be okay since there are no important stuff in there anyway.
- Brothel moments with Elise is simplified
- Elise was with Rudeus and Soldat when they encounter Sara and Suzanne
- Sara's POV after and leaving Rudeus' room, after slapping Rudeus and it's aftermath with Elise is skipped
- Bro moments with Soldat seems simplified although it is there.
- Extra chapter regarding Ariel in the Ranoa University of Magic is skipped. Is is possible that this might be shown in future episodes.

Self Note
- I am very sad that all Sara POV got removed, and she just became a throwaway character in the anime version.
- Did not expected them to finish this arc in 3 episodes. I think they just wanted this to get over with as soon as possible to give more room for the next arc. I hope the sacrifice will be worth it.
- I think it seems obvious that this episode is a censored version haha.
- In my opinion this arc feels very underwhelming when compared to the source. Not sure how anime-only sees it, i hope it was enough for them.
Very good! Thank you for clarifying these points!
Aug 12, 2023 9:21 PM

Jun 2012
Rudeus having erectile dysfunction was not something i thought id see in this series, interesting to say the least. 
Aug 13, 2023 2:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Soldat probably figured what Rudeus would do with the blade, but still, dude's got some lightning quick reflexes

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 14, 2023 5:27 AM
Mar 2022
Perfect isekai which I ever watched in my live till now.
Aug 15, 2023 9:29 PM
May 2014
Am I the only one who thinks Sara deserved those comments from Rudy? She literally shamed him and shattered his confidence because he physically couldn’t have sex with her. While Rudy is not in a good place obviously, he dodged a bullet because Sara is an abysmal human being.

I don’t mind that her POV wasn’t in the anime because her POV just makes her even more full of self pity. She’s a detestable character in every single way and while Rudy is certainly detestable to begin with, he never at any point goes out of his way to hurt someone who has been nothing but kind and helpful to him. I think ultimately that is what makes Rudy a compelling protagonist for as flawed and creepy as he is, there is genuine good in him. Whereas Sara is just rotten to the core.
VKDOOMAug 15, 2023 9:37 PM
Aug 16, 2023 3:43 PM
May 2017
Nothing happened, mostly one singular character got introduced, and the relationship between Rudeus and others improved.
Aug 17, 2023 4:04 AM

Jun 2019
Such an immature behavior from Sara. I thought she would understand Rudy but nope... I was wrong. Poor Rudy. Sara is the one who calls all of it an obligation and "oh... I'm not into you or anything" at first and then calls it a waste ending up making him even more depressed and when Rudy makes a slight remark about her... she slaps him and leaves him. Rudy is not at fault here. He was going through so much already and she made it even worse for him. Yeah... your ego is on another level Sara if you can't even sympathize with your partner.

Good guy, Soldat.
Aug 17, 2023 4:48 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Back to the slums. Never change Redeus, never change.
Aug 23, 2023 5:45 AM
Feb 2020
erectile dysfunction exists in anime???!!
Aug 24, 2023 4:39 AM
Jul 2020
trash aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Aug 28, 2023 6:50 AM
Aug 2023
every episode was epic
Sep 3, 2023 12:12 PM
Oct 2021
are we supposed to feel bad for rudy? cringe author
Sep 8, 2023 1:30 PM

Aug 2022
It seems it was censored by crunchywoke mfs
https://prnt.sc/-H_VCCLHzigS

Can't wait for blu ray!
Sep 12, 2023 3:26 AM

Jul 2013
This is probably the hardest episode to watch honestly the whole entirety of it was just awkward af. Rudeus is pathetic and I don't blame Sol on hating him. Don't get me wrong, ain't nothing to blame him for being depressed or having ED as a result of it, these two things are very serious issues but goddamn Rudeus is fucking stupid. Isn't he supposed to be an adult in a kid's body? I remember complaining about this back in season 1 and I guess he's still not changed. I don't want him being the strongest or smartest, just be mature ffs. Act your age.
Sep 14, 2023 7:00 AM
Jul 2023
Goodddddddddddd
Sep 17, 2023 3:10 PM

Aug 2014
Great episode and funny :D

Sara was totally in the wrong and two times at that.

Elinalise is best :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 21, 2023 10:16 AM

Oct 2022
This episode was a bit odd.
Bro got dumped by two girls.
Sep 23, 2023 3:02 AM

Mar 2013
Reply to AlexGK
To anyone saying Sara did nothing wrong, please go out and touch grass. This is not how you behave towards your partner, even less so if he had just saved your life. She prioritized her own ego over her partners issue. Trash.
You will see the same situation superbly handled later. It doesn't take much, really.
@AlexGK Why can't you like posts in this site?
Sep 24, 2023 1:35 PM
Sep 2020
What is even going on with this story lol.
Sep 24, 2023 3:46 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to F_E_A_R
@AlexGK Why can't you like posts in this site?
@F_E_A_R Ask the mods :D
Sep 25, 2023 9:21 AM

Jul 2021
This episode is causing me physical pain, this even tops Rent-a-Girlfriend in the amount of second hand embarrassment.
Sep 25, 2023 11:46 AM
Jul 2022
excelente
un desarrollo de personaje brutal
Sep 26, 2023 7:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a professional, Rudeus was unlucky!
kekeke
Oct 2, 2023 9:31 AM

Mar 2017
Dude was acting unwise (and dysfuntional). Look how they massacred my boy U_U
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Oct 2, 2023 10:41 PM
Oct 2023
Very nice this is beutiful
Oct 4, 2023 7:20 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Elise was a real cuty, she was indeed similiar to Eris in a way, but more mature and self-contained.
Pity Sara had to hear that, he was just drunk and venting, also Soldat is the GOAT.
Oct 7, 2023 2:45 AM

Jan 2017
Soldat really went "bros over hoes" mode for down-in-the-dumps Rudy, loved his change of heart
Oct 12, 2023 5:36 AM
Nov 2016
Damn what the hell is happening here, I disliked Rudy from the beginning of S1 since he's an annoying MC, but I finally started liking him in S2 a bit more since he seems more mature somewhat I guess but now he's being pathetic, depressed and even with ED, the hell man, the author is massacring that MC, I'm even feeling sad for him now, he lost a hoe but at least gained a bro in the process, and that bully is even trying to help him, now that's something I didn't expect so yeah, he seems pretty cool.

The episode is nice, but goddamn, I didn't expect an anime to bring up this ED thingie, this is a real issue.
Oct 15, 2023 12:49 AM
Mar 2020
I had to pause so many times, this was painful to watch oh man..

Rudeus has been through a lot and now watching this episode I can't handle it. From his erectile dysfunction to his little escapade at the bar with Soldat, definitely was an awkward episode.
Oct 16, 2023 11:55 PM
Nov 2021
NOOOOOOOOOO my boy rudeus cant get it up..

also thank fuck for the legend soldat's inhuman reflexes holy fuck
Oct 18, 2023 5:08 AM
Dec 2022
The new OP song is just so good. Different from Yuiko Ohara but it's suit the upbeat start.

Soldat now helping Rudeus overcoming his 'problem' but to no avail. Sara may hate Rudeus for blabbing like that. Hope good thign will come of Rudeus joining Soldat's party.
Oct 19, 2023 3:14 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to aurora_yuuki
Stark700 said:
Well damn, that escalated quickly. He and Sara has become MUCH closer. Emotions were also running high this episode as Rudeus breaks down.

This is the most broken I've seen from Rudeus this season yet. Yikes, I hope he can improve mentally as a person. 
That was such a damn good episode. I'm absolutely loving this season.

MASTERPIECE.
@Arctic_Lonewolf its really a masterpiece. And episode 9 is the best episode untill now. Literally my blood was flowing at a very high rate watching that episode and I was able to sense my heart beating loudly.
Nov 13, 2023 1:55 AM

Oct 2013
omg this was unironically the best episode yet, whole thing had me in stitches. Rudy grabbing the dagger, suddenly about to neck himself and Sol knocking it out of his hands was 10/10 perfect comedic timing.

how's this show keep getting better shiiiit

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 13, 2023 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
when sara asked rudy to go shopping with her lol

this guy does look bit like Rudy's father :D
Sugram22Nov 13, 2023 11:50 AM
Nov 29, 2023 5:00 PM
Aug 2023
It was painful and infuriating going through this episode, but less so on second watch. Sara really is the problem here, Rudy didn't do anything wrong compared to her. It seems like the root of Rudy's ruin is tsunderes, he may have been much better off not getting involved with either Eris or Sara. The heart of the issue is Rudy is utterly crushed by the betrayal and abandonment from Eris, and feels extreme guilt it was his fault she left him. It's hard to see but upon reviewing episode 2, it's kind of clear Rudy is desperately trying to do a redemption arc for Eris leaving him, when he's not at fault nor needs to redeem for anything. This is one of the big reasons why he's working so selflessly hard and humbly to help the town, and Counter-Arrow. Yes, he's also doing it to help locate Zenith in a round-about way, but that's not the reason why he's doing it so humbly and intensely. He's trying to redeem himself for whatever fault he believes he has which caused Eris to betray him and abandon him.

In episode 2 when going to save Sara, Rudy was thinking to himself that he doesn't actually care if Sara is alive or dead despite wanting to find her, and that he's not close friends with her or anything like that. He considers maybe he's trying to rescue her so that he's just doing something, or perhaps maybe he's doing it so he's making the choice not to abandon somebody like Eris did to him. Earlier during the frost drake fight, Rudy had thought he was abandoned when Counter-Arrow fled, that he was left to die, and was accepting his fate when he pulled out Roxy's panties. But Counter-Arrow did not abandon him, they came back to save him. Rudy had started to allow Counter-Arrow, especially Sara, to get closer to him after that, whereas before he was trying to keep everybody distant because he didn't want to be hurt again like he was by Eris. When Rudy rescues Sara, and she says to him while leaving the cave "I'm really glad you came to rescue me", Rudy then thinks to himself "just like that, he feels like he's been forgiven for everything he's done, and in a way he feels Sara just saved him". This is because Sara is an Eris proxy, Rudy was feeling extremely guilty that he did something to make Eris betray and abandon him, Sara has always been extremely mean to him before this, and now Sara has finally forgiven Rudy, thus it's like Eris has finally forgiven Rudy. We can see at the end of episode 2, it looks like Rudy's on the mend by opening his window blinds, and starting a fire.

Beginning of this episode, Rudy has worked more and more with Counter-Arrow since, and has gotten close with Sara. This is because he's recovering from the Eris trauma, and is allowing people to get close to him again, less afraid of getting hurt. And here comes the problem with Sara, she wants to get into a relationship with Rudy now after being saved by him, but her tsundere tendencies fucks everything up badly. She initiates the shopping date, and she's in full control of guiding where the date goes. She tells Rudy he can put his arm around her when he hesitates, she decides to continue talking when Rudy suggests ending the date by walking her back to her inn, she decides to go back to Rudy's room instead of another tavern as he suggests. Sara is the one who leads Rudy into "doing it", but when Rudy couldn't because of ED, Sara has the gull to say "It's not like I was into you or anything, I just wanted to thank you by repaying my debt, so don't go getting the wrong idea. I only came up here because I felt obligated. So bye....what a disaster!". How the fuck is any of that Rudy's fault? But more importantly, Rudy had let Sara into his heart after keeping everybody at a distance for a long time, then when most vulnerable and already massively hurt before by Eris, Sara goes and critically hurts Rudy.

It's like Rudy's setup to fall even harder because he took a chance to allow people back into his heart, whereas if he didn't it wouldn't have been as damaging. There's no fucking defense for Sara, I've read the spoilers about her POV and backstory, it doesn't change what she did nor her fault. It also doesn't change anything that Sara didn't know the Eris backstory, nor she didn't know Rudy was suffering. Sara was in control of the date, the date had an unfortunate snag (Rudy's ED), and not only did she fail to keep control, but her tsundere attitude made it worse by changing the whole context of the date to "just a repayment" and "what a disaster". Rudy has been effectively betrayed and abandoned yet again, it doesn't fucking matter if it wasn't Sara's true intent to do that, just like it doesn't fucking matter it wasn't Eris' true intent to betray Rudy. When Rudy melted down and beat on Soldat, Rudy says he wants everybody to like him and not leave him. Rudy's root problem is betrayal and abandonment. Even the prostitute points out Rudy needs somebody he'll be certain to never turn on him.

This fucking really blows me away, even Soldat who acts similar to a tsundere in being excessively mean bullying Rudy, turns out to an exceedingly good person in helping Rudy out after he melted down. Even the prostitute admires Rudy for helping her sister, and cares enough to stay with Soldat and Rudy trying to figure out his problem until morning, and then even fricking seeing them off outside. And then you got Sara who has not only had her life saved a bunch of times by Rudy when he saved the party, but also personally saved her specifically after she's been always mean to him before, still giving him a tsuedere attitude when things goes wrong. Sara can't apologize her way out of this, the damage's done. Just like there's no chance in hell Eris can apologize her way out of what she did to Rudy, you can't even begin to explain the ramifications of what she did to Rudy to her.

You know, the anime did this really well. I don't like tsunderes personally, Eris was horribly violent in the beginning, but grew to be somewhat likable and respectable before she abandons Rudy. They got me wanting to like Sara despite her mean-ness, I was thinking "at least she's better than Eris, she doesn't hit people", and then she ends up being worse than Eris by backstabbing him when he's most vulnerable. I could really feel the pain because it felt like I was being betrayed after being also tricked into wanting to like Sara.

I'm glad it seems like we're moving away from this town and Sara. She really fucked up because Rudy was such a benefit to the town, Counter-Arrow, and herself. Sara's so self-entitled, I got to wonder if it's something to do with her party members coddling her. Like her party members were constantly apologizing on her behalf in the beginning, and they were the ones being thankful of Rudy. I wonder if the party leader's passive nature contributed by allowing her bad attitude to go unchecked. Anyways, no more tsunderes in this series I hope...Rudy needs to learn to just avoid anybody he meets exhibiting this characteristic, it's just not worth being anywhere near them.

Sorry, rant over. This episode really pushed my buttons.
Dec 13, 2023 3:27 PM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn, what a painful to watch.
Dec 18, 2023 6:31 AM

Mar 2015
Can't believe all that just happened fuckk I feel so bad for Rudeus. I liked Sara but things turned out to shit.
Jan 2, 11:25 AM

Feb 2018
Wasn't expecting such episode lul. For Sara this was unfortunate but Rudeus isn't doing too well mentally. Sucks that they had such a good date and yet it seemed like he hated all of it etc. Soldat turned out to be such a cooler dude at the end.
Feb 25, 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
Bruh, this episode hit a little too close to home. Getting over an ex really do be like that.
Take care of yourself

Feb 29, 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
Watching Rudeus screw things up with Sara twice this episode was pretty painful. Guess that was the last we saw from her though, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Mar 18, 7:43 PM
Oct 2018
This episode hurt me for the entire of the season. I just like sara and think she's a precious one and will accompany rudeus on his journey, turns out she's not. I guess 1 tsundere is too much.

After knowing the manga, the whole rudeus and sara in the anime feels so incomplete and didn't do justice to her. Many things skipped. Or maybe, because the anime based on LN and the LN is just like that.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - Yesterday

13 by Kitsune_089 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

453 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

224 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

235 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 10:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.