Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like it's back to the main timeline and we got Rudeus' mission to find his mother. He also meets another party of adventurers aka Counter Arrow.

Gotta say, this episode was thrilling for Rudeus trying to venture out into the unknown by himself. Even with his new allies, they faced danger against the violent monsters. Rudeus fought with passion and heart though, and it looks like his skills got more explosive, literally. 
Jul 9, 2023 8:30 AM

May 2020
Last week we had an extra or atleast it felt like one. Anyways, the true second season stuff starts now. Though not like that in itself warrants anything at all, but okay we’ll see. But first gotta deal with this gloomy creep. 

As we know what Eris did with dude last season(must say he deserves every bit of it), dude’s down in the dumps lmao. I mean for someone who’s mentally around 60 years of age, of course it’d be a huge shock if some teenage girl you lost your virginity with left you behind like dirt you are. Don’t fucking give the reasonings as if that’s because you worried for your mother Zenith. 

Though still we’ll move with that plot. As the dude's been searching for Zenith who we know got teleported last season, he already has an idea where she could be, and that’s when he met some passing party members. I mean those people were nice and all except one, but as if it was doing anything to the dude's depression. Until they got surrounded by some uncalled monsters all of a sudden, and it was all but over… though thankfully dude regained his senses, for that time at the very least and they all made it out alive. Even blondie thanked him.. so a bit good for him I guess.

Yeah good he got over the depression, I mean it was already kind of annoying. Good sounding ED by the way… if it was actually one. 

May 2020
Now Mushoku Tensei is truly back with the start of season 2
the art and animation still look very good
studio bind is doing an amazing job

seeing Rudeus depressed again is heartbreaking
this isn't the best arc in the series but it is still very good
personally, I'm more excited about the arc after this one
can't wait for the next episode

also for anyone wondering where to watch it, it's being aired live on the Muse Asia youtube channel 

Jul 2017
The grandfather of Isekai, Mushoku Tensei is back after a 1.5 year wait for Season 2 since Fall 2021! A split 2-cour anime, let them cook. For now, it's the continuation with Volume 7 of the LN: the Depressed Magician arc!

The night that starts with Rudeus's lonesome journey to find his mother Zenith after he got abandoned by Eris going on her own journey, it's a tough pill to swallow. Archers Suzanne and Sara (who in a lot of ways, is like past Eris) asking him on that journey, it's a treacherous path ahead up the Northern Continent.

With the trio separating ways after arrival, the depressed magician is on his own again, his feeling of wanting Eris after the sobering heartbreak, but he has to move on. With the momentary hesitation of the disbandment of his Dead End party with himself, Eris and Ruijerd, he takes on adventurer quests solo, though feeling the aftereffects of his health. His only way is to team up with both archers who are also new to the Northern Continent, having formed their own party, but allowing him out of wallowing pity, And with Rudeus being a mage, his role in sub-leader Suzanne and middle guard Saya's party of Counter Arrow will be temporary, despite Sara not being approving of his last-minute inclusion. But this is not the Kingdom of Asura, and Sara can't afford to be selfish anymore, so she has to get used to people coming and going in and out of the party.

Targeting the night vision-less luster grizzlies, Rudeus serves as a vanguard to notice monsters from afar, while the rest will support from thereon. Timothy apologizing to Rudeus on Sara's behalf, it's clear that the teleporation is part of the issue. With that, Counter Arrow initiates the attack on the luster grizzlies, though Rudeus starts to notice something different about the grizzlies, which are mud types that start to surround them by the count with the normal luster ones. Rudeus, having enough, poses for his death while the rest play support, he doesn't understand why, but this reminds him of his time with Dead End, and takes action on the thrill of the adventuring to pose his massive power once again.

With that, the grizzlies are harvested for their skin the next morning, then burnt alive. Suzanne being grateful to Rudeus, he feels the same, and like it or not, Sara also gives him her thanks. The hide brought back as a means to treat everyone for finishing their first job, as a means to welcome both Counter Arrow and Rudeus himself, it's a joy everlasting. And that sets the resolution for Rudeus: despite Roxy's holy relic panties being his point of sanity, remembering how she took him out for the first time, those lessons back then, are valuable now. Rudeus has not lost everything yet, and as much as he remembers his journey in Season 1, he can't mope around anymore, and the burning of Eris's hair, signifies a new meaning of life for him.

RETURN TO PEAK ISEKAI MASTERPIECE LAND!
KANLen09Jul 9, 2023 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
Rudy is back and just as expected he looks way too depressed. He's looking for his mother and is heading north. He has a new party now and they are very nice. Sara definitely reminds Rudy of Eris. He misses her very much just like all of us. They got surrounded very quickly tho and Rudy was questioning himself. But, seeing them work together gave him some courage which was a nice thing to see.

I was happy to see him smile once again. Don't be depressed, my boy. It's finally time to move forward and find your loved ones. A very good start to this new journey of Rudeus Greyrat. I'm looking forward to it.

Oct 2017
So glad to have this back, the entire time I was watching this episode I had a smile on my face. Was so looking forward to see this animated, specially the fireball scene. That was epic. Also it's really nice that MuseAsia streamed it on broadcast time.
MegamiRemJul 9, 2023 8:34 AM

Jul 2021
Well Suzu and Sara know that Rudeus is still young, but he made quite a contribution  in their guild that would’ve otherwise been wiped and a forced to be reckoned with during such an atrocious slayering. It will take some time for Rudeus to reunite with each and every people he met along his journey… 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 9, 2023 8:32 AM

Dec 2021
60 trillion isekais later, and the real isekai is finally back after a long 2 year wait! After seeing Sylphy last episode we go back to our man guy 

Picking up from last season Rudeus journeys to the harsh northlands in search of his lost mother Zenith. Or at least, that's what he tells himself. It's very clear though the scars of his parting from Eris still run deep, and getting back on his feet may not be so easy. I feel bad Rudeus as I can hear the pain in his voice as his disbands his party and how everyone is treating him like a kid

Unlike last week, the animation is back to being amazing like last season. Although Rudeus is still moving foward Redeus definitely is still chainded by the pain and regret of Eris. He can't move on, but he can't stop now he must find his mom and I love that, such a realistic view of break up, other than the finding for you mom part. You always have someone waiting for you and for Rudeus it's his family that love him and he loves them, and Rudeus definitely loves his mom. Also fuck Sara all my homies hate Sara.

All in All, this episode successfully rekindles the magic of the first season. It excites me for what's to come in the future, delivers impressive animation, and makes me wanting more of this world. The emotional depth and character growth make it a compelling start to the new season. With its intriguing new storyline and promising setup, this episode leaves me eagerly anticipating what's to come in the future episodes of this captivating fantasy anime! Rudeus is moving on from the past and going off into his present because he realizes he might have it bad, he's had it worser before.

Excited to be back, Seeing Redeus smile makes me smile.
IzanaSolosJul 9, 2023 8:55 AM

Jul 9, 2023 8:32 AM

Jun 2019
Glad this is back. Awesome episode 1. I really like the shot where Rudeus is at the center of all the chaos.

Volume 23 of English LN is also out now!
Jul 9, 2023 8:33 AM

Dec 2022
very good rudeus was depressed but after knowing what the other adventure were fighting for he became almost his usual self pretty sure rudeus mentally growed up even more after coming back from the pain of losing something important
anyway i like when rudeus is happy
Jul 9, 2023 8:34 AM
Dec 2018
nice episode but feels kinda weird almost no ost
Jul 9, 2023 8:36 AM

Jul 2017
Episode 1 is finally here and this was great. Animation standards won't be as high as season 1 but it still looked really solid in my opinion, and the content was great overall. Rudeus hasn't gotten over the depression that he has been experiencing for a while, but having events like these and building bonds with new comrades does help ease the blow just a bit more, alongside already having his goal. It's weird but I do like Rudeus touching the relic constantly just to have him keep as a reminder of how he helped her so much when growing up whenever he was feeling down or uncomfortable. Counter Arrow's got some nice characters to watch too, especially with Suzanne and Sara in this episode. The song at the end worked too with the little montage of Rudeus reflecting on others that he cares for in his life and the experiences he went through besides what happened with Eris, and how there's still something left for him to keep on going for the time being similar to the finale of season 1.

In general, this episode felt somewhat quieter than your average Mushoku Tensei episode but it worked, given Rudeus' mood and general mindset currently. It's more clouded, empty and searching for reasons to continue to live and move on past what he experienced. This was the first true episode where Rudeus was on his own and having to meet others to venture with him, and having to try and overcome massive emotional problems on his own. Overall, had a lot of fun watching this and time flew by extremely quickly, like the good old Mushoku Tensei I remembered in 2021.
Jul 9, 2023 8:40 AM

Oct 2019
I was kind of expecting really strong characters and an interesting plot. Pretty weak compared to previous season though, even Episode 0 left a bigger impression than this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2023 8:41 AM

Dec 2019
Very strong return back to MT's current story and focus on Rudeus' adventures with Counter Arrow as he looks to find his mother and use any reasoning to move on from what Eris did to him a while back. Looks older too which is nice, and love how Suzanne treated him like a caring older sister and willing to help him out of genuine care when she didnt have to show him anything as an adventurer. In fact beside Sara, the others were all really nice and pleasant towards Rudy so having friends like them in the end were really nice. Good battles too with the Luster and black Grizzlies too at the end, Rudeus showing his power to help them after his distractions looked awesome af too. Hopefully this should help him take a step forward to moving on and getting better at his own pace.
Jul 9, 2023 8:46 AM
Sep 2021
Rudeus after suffering through a lot of painful times has now overcome it. Thanks to sara and other he learnt the value of of what he has over what he lost. It was emotional and development for rudeus. This episode was beautiful.
Jul 9, 2023 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
I appreciate anything done without extensive use of CG to animate monsters these days. The animation quality looks fine. Now story-wise I think this ep portrayed Rudeus' depression quite well. Let's see if he really bounced back or there are still scars.
Jul 9, 2023 9:06 AM

Feb 2021
Depressed Rudeus arc let's gooo!
I was waiting the whole episode for Rudy to show off his magic.
This was probably the first time Rudy smiled since Eris left him...
I expected him to be depressed for most of this season, but this is good too.
This was great! Both story and animation.
Jul 9, 2023 9:08 AM

Aug 2017
You know it's good when the episode flew by. Rudeus moving on was beautifully done and I like the new party members. Animation still looks good. 
Jul 9, 2023 9:11 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, it's back. Though I didn't need to wait too long cause I finished season 1 just a few days ago.

I feel bad for gloomy Rudeus. But thankfully he wasn't gloomy for long.

The new party is pretty nice. But it'll take time for me to get adjusted to them. I sure wish nothing bad happens to them later on... I miss Eris and Ruijerd already.

Sara seems like a piece of work. Eris was kinda like that in the beginning too. But for some reason, Sara annoyed me much more. Hope she gets better like Eris did.

Sara also looks a lot like Zenith. Wonder if they're related somehow.

The first episode was really good. Hopefully watching it weekly will be worth it...
0451Jul 9, 2023 9:15 AM
Jul 9, 2023 9:13 AM

Sep 2018
A very welcome return.

Rudeus almost succumbs to his depression but comes to in the last moments as he witnesses what it really means to fight for your life.

Of course he always could have taken on the entire horde by himself but it was a thrilling moment watching them "bear" down on him ;-)

I wonder if "things" will happen between them

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 9, 2023 9:14 AM

Feb 2020
We are soooo back!!! People were complaining about the quality decrease in the art/animation from the teasers/trailers & episode 0 but hey, this first episode looked pretty good to me! It might even be just as good as the first season. I can't wait to enjoy more of mushoku tensei throughout the season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2023 9:23 AM
Feb 2023
we can see in only one episode the growth of Rudeus, who stop bein a pussy and start enjoyng his life again.
Jul 9, 2023 9:23 AM

Aug 2022
ZeroMajor12 said:
I was kind of expecting really strong characters and an interesting plot. Pretty weak compared to previous season though, even Episode 0 left a bigger impression than this episode.
Bro it literally just started tf💀
Jul 9, 2023 9:26 AM
Jul 2023
this episode is so good this show is masterpiece
Jul 9, 2023 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
Rudeus got out of depression fast
Jul 9, 2023 9:32 AM

Oct 2021
Finally! The best isekai is back! Animation is very good compared to Episode 0 which... doesn't look bad, but also not good.
Jul 9, 2023 9:35 AM

Jun 2014
Seeing Rudy like that was sad, the kid misses Eris so much and is separated from pretty much all the people he has loved and cared for. I'm glad he was able to come to his senses when it mattered to get himself and the group out of that bind with the bears. I almost forgot how impressive of a mage he is. Looks like he's done holding onto the reminder of his past love, and it was heartwarming to see him smile with his new party. I'm so glad this show is back to see the direction in which the story heads.

The post above me....lol 🤡
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 2018
Love it. The elf was prime! kiss kiss
Apr 2020
It's Great! I Love It. The Actual Season 2 Started Now, I Was Kinda Concerned About The Animation On Episode 0. But My Concern Gone Now.
Jul 9, 2023 9:36 AM
Oct 2020
this is peak fiction, liked the first episode alot. The shot were rudeus was the center of all the fighting was great. I'm glad to see the animation's great. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 9, 2023 9:38 AM
Dec 2018
Was ready to see my boy Rudy pop off
Jul 9, 2023 9:43 AM
Aug 2022
I really enjoyed this episode.
Jul 9, 2023 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
One of the most anticipated Isekais is finally back. I'm looking forward to see the adventures of Rudeus.
Jul 9, 2023 10:01 AM

Mar 2020
We're back to the main timeline this week, and following the events of Season 1, Rudeus is understandably downcast, with Eris leaving him, and his mother still nowhere to be found. Luckily, he was able to join a party, Counter Arrow, and found a sense of belonging again, by defeating those bears. It was a very explosive spell he used, and it did the trick, proving his doubters wrong. It was nice seeing him get over things and move on, tossing the remains of Eris' hair into the fire.

From the visual side of things, I think it's reasonable to expect that this won't look as good as Season 1 did, but nonetheless, it still looked very solid, with great action sequences and backgrounds. I do wish they kept the quieter opening sequences that we had in Season 1, but what we got still wasn't bad. Looking forward to more!
Jul 9, 2023 10:02 AM

Jan 2021
I'd forgotten just how much I loved this series.
Jul 9, 2023 10:04 AM
May 2022
I’m like just throw Eros away 😂
Jul 9, 2023 10:05 AM

Jan 2019
Badonkers said:
Finally! The best isekai is back! Animation is very good compared to Episode 0 which... doesn't look bad, but also not good.
Best Isekai? I Laughed

Anyway Worst isekai anime new episode is here. I will put detailed review later.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jul 9, 2023 10:09 AM
May 2020
What a great way to start off the season.

10/10
Jul 9, 2023 10:16 AM

May 2016
Such a great start I seriously missed this show.
Jul 9, 2023 10:17 AM

Dec 2020
We see Rudeus in his depressed phase and he tried to forget about eris and disband his old group.
To search for his mom and zenith he meet counter arrow with a girl sara who has the same character as eris. Rudeus got his balls and kills all the monsters and they can clear the quest.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 9, 2023 10:19 AM

Jul 2021
is this episode uncensored as well?
Jul 9, 2023 10:20 AM

May 2012
Is there any censorship like episode 0 ??
Jul 9, 2023 10:21 AM
Jan 2021
it was a good eps that's it :)
Jul 9, 2023 10:22 AM

Apr 2021
thepath said:
there was totally nothing to censor so no
Jul 9, 2023 10:27 AM

Dec 2019
thepath said:
Nothing controversial in this ep to censor so all good there.
Jul 9, 2023 10:27 AM

Jun 2014
Luigi11Ism said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Seeing Rudy like that was sad, the kid misses Eris so much and is separated from pretty much all the people he has loved and cared for. I'm glad he was able to come to his senses when it mattered to get himself and the group out of that bind with the bears. I almost forgot how impressive of a mage he is. Looks like he's done holding onto the reminder of his past love, and it was heartwarming to see him smile with his new party. I'm so glad this show is back to see the direction in which the story heads.

The post above me....lol 🤡

The irony of calling the guy above you a clown when you watch a pedo anime. The irony is ridiculous.
I'm calling him a clown because if he really dislikes this show, he could simply ignore it and watch something he likes, instead of wasting time he'll never get back coming to the forum to pointlessly hate.

Also, I don't like the pedo stuff in the show and I was annoyed by how frequent it was early on. I like everything else about the show so I stuck with it, plus the pedo stuff has happened less frequently as the show has gone on.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 9, 2023 10:28 AM

Sep 2021
A lot of details feel missing, particularly in the background settings. Perhaps it is due to Rudeus' mood or just a lack of budget. The direction also feels less impressive with the absence of Manabu Okamoto but my hopes remain high. 

Jul 9, 2023 10:28 AM

May 2016
finally. the moment i've been waiting for forever. good episode.

also what was he crying into at the end of the episode?
Jul 9, 2023 10:30 AM

Dec 2019
thebrentinator24 said:
Luigi11Ism said:

The irony of calling the guy above you a clown when you watch a pedo anime. The irony is ridiculous.
I'm calling him a clown because if he really dislikes this show, he could simply ignore it and watch something he likes, instead of wasting time he'll never get back coming to the forum to pointlessly hate.

Also, I don't like the pedo stuff in the show and I was annoyed by how frequent it was early on. I like everything else about the show so I stuck with it, plus the pedo stuff has happened less frequently as the show has gone on.
It helps that he is getting older in this series and developing more as a character. He still has tons of room to grow and a lot of flaws but yeah, his character from what he was directly after reincarnating from his previous life to now has shown some amount of change which is dope.
Jul 9, 2023 10:32 AM

Jul 2017
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
finally. the moment i've been waiting for forever. good episode.

also what was he crying into at the end of the episode?

He was crying into The Holy Relic, with no context it's weird but with context, the scene's actually pretty touching even with that.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2023

509 by Selltar »»
May 15, 12:12 PM

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - May 5

14 by Bertrammollen »»
May 11, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

453 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

224 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.