Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
TenPuru -No One Can Live on Loneliness-
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 8, 2023 9:28 AM
Nov 2021
That was one way to start a show. His dad sure is something. "Two is better than one and many is better than two" The more lovers the merrier 
Jul 8, 2023 9:29 AM

Feb 2014
Yuzuki and Tsukuyo's voice sounds higher than I expected. And Akagami's voice too, sounds a bit weird. Anyway nice fanservice this season
Jul 8, 2023 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
Blessed. This anime is truly cultured.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 8, 2023 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
Grand Blue illustrator Kimitake Yoshioka's Temple has finally arrived...though if you're a rom-com fanatic just like I am, you could tell from afar that this is just Love Hina but in the skin of Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi a.k.a Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister (which has an anime coming out soon).

Gekkou's 2nd anime, though it doesn't really look all that different from Isekai One Turn Kill Nee-san. The OST is rather decent though.

A chad father has a chad son, and that's who Akemitsu Akagami is, voiced by a relatively new Masayuki Akasaka, which this is his first main VA role. The role of a son who does not want to fall into the traps of his father's lavish harem lifestyle, gets wrecked by a rice bag that's carried by a girl. And since then, he hasn't looked back, having been fallen in love at first sight, turning into a horndog. With that, his only way is to turn into a monk to eliminate his worldly desires of women at his uncle's recommended Mizazuki Temple, which coincidentally the same girl appears once again, who went all fanservice in front of Akagami, and asking for a marriage then and there.

Akagami's uncle, the head priest isn't around, and there's only Yuzuki Aoba with him, thinking that she is his entrance exam into the temple. Saving the temple cat Nyagosuke from an empty well, and the girl thinking that Akagami is her marriage interview partner from the intermediator Kiki, both she and her older sister Tsukuyo got scared by him, as well as their younger sister Kurage. Of course, Mia Christoph is not spared from Akagami's rage with Kagura Baldwin, thinking that Akagami is a total pervert, and he really gets wrecked by Yuzuki. Turns out, Mikazuki Temple is a nunnery where men are not allowed, it was indeed a misunderstanding, and Akagami is spared by Kiki, though she's the master manipulator. With Akagami leaving the temple out of concern for the girls, he has no place to go, but Yuzuki allows him to at least stay for the night.

Indeed, Yuzuki remembers that she saw Akagami on the previous night, but the thing is that his dad Harukaze owed money to the temple, so he has no choice but to stay there to repay his father's 20 million yen debt borrowed from the temple. And so it is, Akagami is paying the temple...with his own body.

This is a pure ecchi series like Love Hina, no doubt, though I feel that it's not at the level of Kenji Inoue's Grand Blue.
KANLen09Jul 8, 2023 10:12 AM
Jul 8, 2023 9:31 AM

Dec 2021
Studio Gekkou is back with more trash that I'm here for to enjoy! After the trash that was Isekai Oneesan how could you top it? Becoming a monk!

Our main protagonist Akemitsu Akegami after being constantly harassed by his dad as his dad believes that no one can live alone! But he's sure determined. After all, his father sure wasn't saying it with the best intentions, and Akemitsu has no desire to become his old man. But when a chance encounter with another one of our protagonists Aoba Yuzuki leaves him with thoughts that are all too impure, he decides to do what he must—become a monk and renounce worldly way!. But the temple he decides to devote himself to is full of Yuzuki's sisters! What's a guy to do in this situation? 

Visually, this show is nothing mediocre nor mesmerizing just like Iseaki Oneesan although when they want to try they try. However, there are occasional moments where the animation quality dips, but nothing that compromises the overall visual experience. 

From the creator of Grand Blue the comedy of course lands and is one of my appeals of the show, but being the author of Grand Blue I know he has something up his sleeve ,but for now I'll enjoy this comedy for now, and the pure ecchiness of this show makes this quite enjoyable.

While this show definitely has it's flaws it seem to be a fun ride and a great addition to the Summer 2023 lineup. With room for improvement and the promise of further revelations, I remain cautiously optimistic about the future episodes of this show and hope to see the show grow into a more immersive and satisfying experience!
IzanaSolosJul 8, 2023 10:12 AM

Jul 8, 2023 9:40 AM

Jul 2021
Just watching this bcus it's written by the same author as Grand Blue.. This premiere was something alright, MC really put an absence out of college just to get rid of his memories 💀 The memories turned into a coincidence met. There are two girls who doesn't even accept his own stay while the others are putting into consideration.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 8, 2023 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
CQLLIST said:
Just watching this bcus it's written by the same author as Grand Blue.. This premiere was something alright, MC really put an absence out of college just to get rid of his memories 💀 The memories turned into a coincidence met. There are two girls who doesn't even accept his own stay while the others are putting into consideration.

It's not the same writer as Grand Blue, just the same artist. Grand Blue had two people at the helm, Temple here was both written and drawn by the same person.
Jul 8, 2023 9:49 AM

Jul 2021
animejas said:
CQLLIST said:

It's not the same writer as Grand Blue, just the same artist. Grand Blue had two people at the helm, Temple here was both written and drawn by the same person.
Ah my bad for that. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 8, 2023 9:57 AM
Jun 2020
Rated R?! Seems interesting.
Jul 8, 2023 10:01 AM

Aug 2017
Ah nice, always good to have an ecchi anime. The father is truly someone cultured. Hot girls and fine comedy, this has a locked place in my watch list.
Jul 8, 2023 10:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not quite the voice I had imagined for Akagami but alright then
Jul 8, 2023 10:06 AM

Mar 2021
This was a great start I think this series is going to be hilarious
Jul 8, 2023 10:23 AM

May 2020
Well the classic looking harem shows are back! Not really sure about the VA choices here. Its not really what i was expecting. Also Mia best girl!
Jul 8, 2023 10:34 AM

Feb 2019
Yea now this is the type of content I’m talking about. Real anime is on the menu. Pure degeneracy. Only complaint I have is the seiyuu choices. The MCs voice sounds really weird, the girls also have some.. interesting seiyuu choices as well. Don’t think they really fit the characters or their lines. Maybe that’ll grow on me.

As for the show itself, the PLOT and plot are both pretty good. Honestly like this set up more than maid terrace. Feels more like early 2000s anime. Good old fashioned turn your brain off and have fun. Can’t wait to see what’s in store.
Jul 8, 2023 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
This is so nostalgic. Finally a well written oldschool ecchi romance series that I miss the most. I love the characters. Chara design and general art quality is top notch.
Tourists will gonna hate it for sure.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 8, 2023 10:41 AM

Jan 2023
Well, that was a pretty crazy first episode.
It was okay overall.
Curious to see where this is going after that. I'll keep watching.
Jul 8, 2023 10:43 AM
Aug 2022
pretty crazy 1st episode.
seems very interesting
Jul 8, 2023 10:59 AM

Apr 2018
watching for the plot (read the manga alrdy)

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 8, 2023 11:05 AM

Jul 2007
Silly show, funnier than expected. Feels like I'm watching a show from the 00's. Will most likely stick around for future episodes.
Jul 8, 2023 11:07 AM

May 2020
I'm fine with most of the things but I sure isn't comfortable with the voice of the main dude.

Though anyways, here's a lesson.. go after girls with everything you have, and leave the roles of monk to old people ;)
Jul 8, 2023 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Looks like a copy paste of that one anime with the MC about to sell an inherited store but deciding against it after seeing the open/closed board fall before selling it and then try's to keep it afloat with his school knowledge whilst having multiple chicks that lived there onboard.
Jul 8, 2023 11:21 AM
Jul 2020
Maybe if it wasn’t so dang obvious who was going to win it might be interesting
Jul 8, 2023 11:42 AM

Dec 2022
Interesting first episode
Jul 8, 2023 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
The voice for Akagami threw me off, not going to lie. Normally I don't feel annoyed with stuff like this unless they really stand out in a troubling manner. This ain't as bad as listening to an F1 car engine that was Asta's voice at the start of Black Clover, but it did feel odd hearing Akagami throughout the whole episode for some reason, probably took me out of the episode more than I expected.
Jul 8, 2023 11:46 AM

Jul 2021
It was not as bad as the rating suggests
Jul 8, 2023 11:50 AM
May 2021
same author as of Grand blue and i can already see similarities 😂😂
Jul 8, 2023 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Lol this looks like it'll be a fun time, just sit back and watch the crazy hijinks play out. I remember not really liking Akagami's voice when I first watched the trailer, and that still holds true now. Well whatever, I'll probably get used to it. I'm not expecting this to be some kind of masterpiece, I knew to expect something stupid and wacky from reading the synopsis and watching the trailer, and that's exactly what this is so far.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 8, 2023 12:13 PM
Jan 2018
This Anime is Trash
Jul 8, 2023 12:28 PM
Apr 2020
HaXXspetten said:
Not quite the voice I had imagined for Akagami but alright then

He sounds like 30 years old sadge
Jul 8, 2023 12:30 PM
Mar 2020
It was trash. Stop cope guys.

Manga > all
Jul 8, 2023 12:52 PM

Jan 2018
I don't exactly remember where I first heard of Tenpuru. I think it was a YouTube video. Probably of Joey The Anime Man or someone else a couple of years ago. But I can't find that video now.

Either way, I forgot about the plot details from then so watching this felt fresh. I think the setup is hilarious and it does remind me of some old-school harem anime.

The first episode was pretty good. Can't wait to see the rest.
Jul 8, 2023 12:52 PM

May 2016
This anime seems to be promising in terms of Ecchi, hopefully they they give us some good Ecchi scenes for the Loli that holds the cat "Aoba Kurage" 😌
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2023 12:54 PM

Jul 2021
Kagura is red-haired and Tsukuyo is blonde? Gintama reference lmao? Nonetheless this is exactly what I was expecting, some good fucking ecchi
Jul 8, 2023 1:03 PM
Nov 2020
Quite funny in all fairness. There was a good balance of slapstick comedy and slightly profound moments. If there is some actual half decent plot in this series it might actually turn out pretty good
Jul 8, 2023 1:09 PM
Jul 2023
animejas said:
The voice for Akagami threw me off, not going to lie. Normally I don't feel annoyed with stuff like this unless they really stand out in a troubling manner. This ain't as bad as listening to an F1 car engine that was Asta's voice at the start of Black Clover, but it did feel odd hearing Akagami throughout the whole episode for some reason, probably took me out of the episode more than I expected.
 Not going to lie this was my exact thought. I had to wait for the english dub of Black Clover and I think this will be the same. I know its nitpicking but the mc sounding like a 50 year old insurance salesman rather than a college age student throws me off when he’s talking to the girls. I find itodd that he got casted when you see that all his previous parts were much older charachters, its like Morgan Freeman voicing Peter Parker.
Jul 8, 2023 1:32 PM
May 2021
yeah...not even giving this one another episode before i drop it.
My 2023 candies:
Jul 8, 2023 1:47 PM

Aug 2008
I think I'll pass on this one. Characters barely resemble themselves, especially Akagami (absolutely awful voice choice as well). He looks more like Tomo from Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko that the actual character. Wonder why they didn't get the guy who designed characters for the Grand Blue anime, since he matched the original character design really well from what I remember. Well, not much of a loss. The manga is ok, but nothing to write home about. Grand Blue is much better.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 8, 2023 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit, I did not expect that voice behind Akagami... they could have done far better here. He really sounds like an old man, instead of a college student. Other than that, glad to see TenPuru in Animation. Fanservice was top notch and the comedy was pretty decent, although I feel the Manga definitely sells that better (same can be said about the Grand Blue manga, same artist). Looking forward for more and hopefully I can cope with that voice behind Akagami.
CeddyyBearrJul 8, 2023 2:36 PM
Jul 8, 2023 2:49 PM
Jun 2021
redorzo said:
Ah nice, always good to have an ecchi anime. The father is truly someone cultured. Hot girls and fine comedy, this has a locked place in my watch list.

Couldn’t have said it any better 💯
Jul 8, 2023 2:58 PM

Nov 2016
Good ol ecchi harem fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 8, 2023 3:13 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This show was great as it was the only anime I watched today that didn't put me to sleep. How ironic that the son has to pay for his father's mistakes as Akagami is forced to work at the temple for free. Definitely has that early 2000s ecchi romcom vibes. The girls were great by the way. Looking forward to seeing more harem shenanigans. 
AddaeAkonoJul 8, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 8, 2023 3:40 PM

Jun 2017
I think I'm too old for this.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jul 8, 2023 3:43 PM

Jan 2022
Wow, I so want to drop this anime for a Mc going hard-core incel but, I'll give the show props there are some funny moments. Along with interesting dynamics the characters bring. That aside, the ecchi elements kinda bring the show down with all the over sexual tropes imo. All in all, for a first episode, it wasn't too bad. I was entertained and got to worked up over the stupidity in the show.

Also can his dad get a round of appualse for being that guy.
Jul 8, 2023 3:55 PM
Jun 2021
The character design & the voice artist of Akagami caught my attention, somehow it really suites a lot

But oh boy! I didn't expect this much fanservice & ruckus in the first episode itself, reminds me of Renai Flops premiere XD

The temple concept sounds interesting but hopefully it has more to offer
Jul 8, 2023 4:59 PM

Jul 2020
Didn't like the main girl at first but she kinda grew on me by the end of the ep. Quite an amusing start, should be fun to watch. The dad definitely gets the father of the year award, nothing but respect lol.
Jul 8, 2023 5:09 PM

Dec 2021
Something something, personal bias against ecchi, something something, 4.5/10
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jul 8, 2023 5:14 PM

Dec 2021
animejas said:
CQLLIST said:

I fell into this same trap too. It's clear after watching that this is really not for the crowd who loved Grand Blue.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jul 8, 2023 5:25 PM

Jan 2020
The anime has some good ideas but I feel like they're screwing up the comedic timing, I'm just glad the Character Designs didn't limit the ass and tits that this series deserve.
Jul 8, 2023 5:44 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wtf dormitory goddess, but temple edition this time. So this is the ecchi of the season, just fill my day with joy!

Girls already have their distinct traits very well separate already. Not really worry much of the redhaired dude with all the comments about him, he's easily can be self-inserted. Even if the joke can be frustating, and the plot actually doesn't matter much. But my stay is clear as crystal, since come here for the one and only purpose.

Wish Kurage to gets more screentime....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 8, 2023 6:05 PM

Sep 2008
OMFG I've never had a déjà vu as big as this one, the whole show i was thinking, i already watched this, a long time ago, checked the manga, it was out in 2018, so there was no way, looked at my list, 
https://myanimelist.net/anime/591/Amaenaide_yo
it is the same anime as that one, exactly the same, not even joking, i mean i will watch it, it will probably diverge, but god that was one long déjà vu

not even when rakudai and asterisk came out at the same season, same day and same time i had such a strong déjà vu
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Temple Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 2, 2023

35 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 13, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Temple Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 15, 2023

72 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 4, 10:06 AM

» Male mc voice does not match

DekuxUraraka - Jul 16, 2023

29 by Gator »»
Apr 3, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Best Girl Poll

Polvo_Aranha - Aug 12, 2023

25 by Gator »»
Apr 3, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Temple Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 23, 2023

54 by Gator »»
Apr 3, 8:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.