Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 18, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Now that they're on Treasure Island, the adventure and investigations really started.

Almost felt like an RPG game at some parts for this episode. But hey, it's an episode with scentific theories as usual and Senku is all the more excited. It also explored some of the tribe culture on that island. Amaryllis was much more amusing to watch than I had expected. They adapted her character really well imo, and gave her a goddess-like aura. Very entertaining episode imo.
May 18, 2023 7:57 AM
May 2018
Everyone on the ship: PETRIFIED
Senku: calm and cool as a cucumber 💀
May 18, 2023 7:59 AM

Feb 2021
"we definitely have a huge lead on them in science"
*sniff sniff* I smell a flag

HOLY SH*T THAT WAS GENUENLY TERRIFYING. Someone can petrify other people by will wtf?
The girl knows about the petrification beam! The plot thinkens and thinkens...

And the scene after the ED changed again! That was how they made the photos I think. I really love these.
May 18, 2023 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
Cutest girl on island joins party. Check.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 18, 2023 8:25 AM
Apr 2021
"How about I embrace you." - Uh yeah sure Kohaku, if you didn't have the ability to crush me like a breadstick I'd say yes in a heartbeat.
May 18, 2023 8:27 AM

Dec 2020
What an episode everyone on the ship got petrified.
Senku seem calm and kohaku want to strike down everyone lol and our mentalist is also calm.
Amaryllis is joining the group ok this was an nice episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 18, 2023 8:34 AM

Oct 2017
''how are they going to emphasize the characters since there are too many of them''
And like a blink of an eye they take 90% of the cast and solve it
May 18, 2023 8:35 AM
Sep 2015
I love when Senku has zero reaction toward woman hugging him.
May 18, 2023 8:40 AM

Jan 2009
ah shit they got stoned but Senku and the rest have join forces with Amaryllis
May 18, 2023 8:48 AM
Jul 2022
It was really a good episode... though I'm more excited about Suika's role contribute in future... since she'll be on a different adventure now with a separate line of action👍🏼
May 18, 2023 9:05 AM
Feb 2020
this is definitely the best episode of dr stone yet
i would have liked to see the petrification happen and see the perspective of the people who were petrified but i guess that wasnt shown to not reveal anything about how there was another petrification that only affected the people on the ship
i just hope they know to count the seconds when theyre petrified its the most logical thing to do
May 18, 2023 9:12 AM
Apr 2021
This Episode was fireee, what a twist
May 18, 2023 9:12 AM
May 2021
Yessir, Dr Stone is getting serious now!!
May 18, 2023 9:13 AM
Feb 2022
damn nice ep got lil chills loved it
May 18, 2023 9:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally at the island but DAMN all the crew that stayed on the boat got petrified... we're already introduced to some new characters not sure if they can trust that Amaryllis girl but well... I'm curious to how things will turn out probably another "boss" to fight to save everyone
May 18, 2023 9:15 AM

Oct 2022
Finally a new breath for the plot with the new hostile tribe that possesses the power of petrification

May 18, 2023 9:28 AM

Jan 2018
Damn. Everyone on the ship was petrified? Just who are these island people?! Why are they petrifying everyone?!

This is the 2nd time this season made me feel goosebumps since the Why-Man episode. This is exhilarating!

Amarayllis is a really fun character. Glad she's on Senku's team.
May 18, 2023 9:38 AM

Jan 2019
Petrifying everyone on the boat is a great way to raise the stakes, and it's refreshing to have the cast shrunk back down even if it's only for a few episodes, it was getting quite bloated.

Also Senku once again being an asexual king.

May 18, 2023 9:54 AM

Mar 2018
Got chills during the petrification part but they got over it so quickly. The pacing seems to be the issue. It's just too fast paced. This season in general has this fast pace, so I wonder if this is also the case in the manga.
May 18, 2023 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
Storm onto the treasure island, GO GO!

The reconnaissance squad goes first to scout the island, compromising of Senku, Soyuz, Kohaku and Gen. But Suika finding herself sneaking upon the Science Vessel Perseus, and as much as she wants to help, Ryusui can't allow children like her to risk their lives into the unknown. Ukiyo having found out that there're some people that got petrified not by the beam, there's clearly something that does not add up...which led to the entire vessel of people being petrified. With the news passed onto Senku and Kohaku, she tries to race back, which luckily Gen ties her down before she could so do. It's revealed from Soyuz that his [partial memory remembers something like this happened, which confirms that there are people opposed to Senku's goal, and this all the more, spurs them to create the petrification liquid even more and find the culprit from the available evidence they have.

Using forensic science, Senku can infer based on the culprit's details, but it's Gen that'll create the composite of the same culprit based on his/her details, and things like strands of hair and pollen under the handmade microscope will pinpoint the origins, enough to catch their supposed enemy. Friend or foe, this beautiful young girl will decide their fate...though there're suitors also earnestly asking her hand in marriage. Amaryllis, clearly using the glances of the shell to fake her tears, she's clearly the common enemy that Senku and Co. will need to circumvent...though after seeing Soyuz, she develops into a love freak to deal the same onto the guys, though Senku easily doesn't buy into her BS.

The thing is, Amaryllis's village is in an uproar, and Senku has the perfect weapon for it: chloroacetone, or tear gas. But her revelation of knowing the secret to the beam, she turns from the common enemy to a valuable ally, wanting to save the petrified humans sunk deep into the ocean as well.

More characters are fun, and the Kingdom of Science develops more, one extra person at a time.
May 18, 2023 10:08 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Rollercoaster of emotions. I liked it. Maybe they don't need to make fun every episode and be more serious sometimes? But yeah this is Dr.Stone xD
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 18, 2023 10:13 AM

Oct 2017
New girl is cute. The crew though, damn.
May 18, 2023 10:17 AM
Jun 2016
God, as someone who read ahead after season 2 finished, I genuinely forgot how enjoyable this arc is
May 18, 2023 10:38 AM

Apr 2018
I seriously disliked the direction of this episode. It was far too comedic which made it so fucking unpleasant to watch. Half of the team got petrified which was actually mindblowing. The tone of the episode should have been slightly more serious.
The events itself that happend were crazy though. They've met a bunch of new people who admire some kind of leader that can petrifiy people.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 18, 2023 10:55 AM
Oct 2016
This is bad, very very bad. All but six of the Kingdom of science's members whom set sail have been petrified. Senku, Soyuz, Kohaku and Gen were on the island so they're good. Suika and Ginro were lucky to be in the water when the petrification beam hit the ship so they're safe too. But that's all we got until they can find the treasure chest with the platinum. Because somehow they have a petrification beam on this measly island. There's a lot more going on here than people probably initially suspected. Its taken more than half of this first cour of the season but we're getting to the really good stuff now. The island expedition team was super lucky to be where they were when shit hit the fan. Talk about terrifying seeing all the people you just were with turned to stone like that. Senku has the right idea of pressing onward though. They have to find that platinum because that's the only thing that can save everyone. Luckily they pick up the trail of a native there whom can maybe help. A cunning beautiful girl named Amaryllis. Who's smart enough to use her beauty to trick people as she tried to do with Soyuz and then Senku. Having her on the team will be a big help in bringing down this chief of the island who's responsible for the petrification beam.
May 18, 2023 10:59 AM
Apr 2016
this episode doesn t make any sense
May 18, 2023 11:42 AM
May 2017
Great episode, the stakes just got massively critical. Someone on treasure island somehow has access to a (or the) petrification beam. This begs the question, are there multiple devices? I believe Senku said the original beam began in South America, no? So why is there one so close to Japan? It's unlikely that the original device made it all the way to the east, so it's more likely that there are multiple devices. This changes everything and now this mission is that much more dangerous.

This one episode changes so much that we thought we knew. It's not just Why Man, more factions has access to a petrification beam which puts our guys at a heavy disadvantage. This is where things truly pick up

5/5
May 18, 2023 11:45 AM
Aug 2022
great loved it man some mysteris and answers ahead
May 18, 2023 11:50 AM

May 2020
I remember how things took a massive turn from this point on, just revelations after revelations. Though think the biggest one will be in the next episode or the one after that. They're taking their time too, which in itself is what this arc needs.

Though seriously these primitive villages do have that one girl every man wants to marry, right? Lol.
May 18, 2023 11:56 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow man, I did not see this twist coming lol. I feel like I should have giving all the foreshadowing with Why Man and the mystery surrounding Soyuz but that was a very cool reveal. And now the entire ship’s crew is petrified and it’s up to the recon team to save them, now with the help of a newly met beautiful babe named Amaryllis, I really like her design and she seems like a fun character based on what we’ve seen so far.

Kohaku also had a lot of great moments in this one, she absolutely had the bloodlust once the crew was petrified lol, good on Gen for his quick thinking in tying her to him. And with the newly revealed twist this makes me wonder if Why Man might be on the island, as well as the weapon or whatever caused the petrifaction of humanity. I’m thinking not but once this arc comes to an end I’m sure a lot of new info will be revealed that could possibly put us on the road to the end, I’m not a manga reader so I’m just guessing lol.
May 18, 2023 12:22 PM

May 2015
New ally unlocked
May 18, 2023 12:32 PM
Dec 2019
Good episode! They got to recruit someone from treasure island so that's good.
May 18, 2023 12:45 PM

Oct 2009
I mean, it's getting a little out of hand. Not sure which one I have more trouble keeping up with: the dork or the science?
Then again, as direct confirmation as we can ever hope to get - Senkuu and Gen are totally a married couple, with Senkuu being 100% gay and Gen being 100% bi. Friggin' hilarious. xDD
May 18, 2023 12:56 PM
Feb 2021
this show fye fr...

new chick lightskinned w/ dreads.
May 18, 2023 12:58 PM

Nov 2013
This was an epic moment in manga.
May 18, 2023 12:59 PM

May 2020
another amazing ep
looks like one man, the master, can use the pertification beam
and everyone is scared of him

May 18, 2023 1:01 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It seems like someone or something on the treasure island has the ability to Petrify anybody on sight which is what happened to everyone on board the Perseus ship minus the stowaway Suika. That just leaves the recon team lead by Senku to find the Platinum as soon as possible. Luckily they find the most beautiful girl on the island Amaryllis after gathering some clues, but not before three male suitors asked for her hand in marriage only for her to turn them down. This caused the men to get upset and they responded by threaten to burn down her village, but Senku neutralized the attackers with tear gas. Amaryllis offers to help Senku's team after seeing him save hervillage and tell them the secret of the Petrifying beam.
May 18, 2023 1:03 PM

Aug 2019
Now this is what I’ve been waiting for!!

May 18, 2023 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
Not long after the science kingdom crew on the Perseus ship made it to the Treasure Island did the penny drop with a brutal clang.

After Senku, Gen, Kohaku and Soyuz went off to search the island, everyone on the ship, apart from the plucky stowaway, Suika, who got pushed off by Ryusui at the last second, were petrified. While it does make things bleak for the recon crew that avoided this, they were able to use their skills to track down a trail that led them to a citizen of the island, Amaryllis.

The comedic scenes involving her when she uses her charming looks to get her way was hilarious, especially when it came to her trying that tactic on Senku, which resulted in total failure! XD

Either way, it does seem that she's genuinely good and is willing to offer her help to Senku's team, as she too is trying her best to find a way to get into the inner palace and stop whoever is using the petrification beam and reverse it. I do look forward to seeing how our group of five will handle this difficult mission from here onwards.
May 18, 2023 2:00 PM

Dec 2013
What an episode, probably my favorite episode of the series so far, I never expected the enemy to be able to control the petrification, I was so happy when Suika showed up, she is too brave and Ryuusui is the man my favorite male character without a doubt, and then we have a new character that is quite cunning and pretty hot too.
May 18, 2023 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
It's the beginning of it all, I'm so excited....
May 18, 2023 2:48 PM
Jul 2015
DeRickz said:
Everyone on the ship: PETRIFIED
Senku: calm and cool as a cucumber 💀
https://imgur.com/gallery/3RZv1UF

Ah yes…the picture of calm and cool
"Kisama ho...KURUSU!....PITOUUUUUUU!!!" - Gon Freecss
May 18, 2023 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
My man Senku ain't a simp

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2023 2:58 PM

Dec 2018
things just got really scary but i feel like maybe the forensic investigation would take more time than just following after them
May 18, 2023 3:19 PM
Jul 2020
So.... back to zero again.

Also i wish Kohaku would hug me Q_Q 
May 18, 2023 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
This is like a return to season 1, with most of the characters gone and it's all about meeting new people while preparing for "war" against an evil overlord. I like it.
May 18, 2023 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
GarudoHS said:
So.... back to zero again.

Also i wish Kohaku would hug me Q_Q 
and then get your back bone broken? hell nah for me lol
May 18, 2023 5:29 PM

Mar 2020
That scared me. Everyone on the ship was petrified wtf!

Amaryllis-chan seem to be an ally who will help Senku-kun.

Looking forward next week!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
May 18, 2023 5:31 PM
Oct 2019
It's getting more intense!!

Damn everybody got pertified?
May 18, 2023 6:41 PM
Nov 2019
The stakes just got raised to 100 out of nowhere.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

184 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2023

93 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2023

107 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

97 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 15, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EndenDragon - May 12, 2023

76 by bushman66 »»
Apr 12, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.