Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 20, 2023 6:22 AM

Dec 2018
well, the show is by no means a masterpiece but it's still fun to watch. i liked seeing everyone working together and i hope we get another season.
Apr 20, 2023 6:32 AM
Apr 2021
need for next season 😬😬😬
Apr 20, 2023 7:25 AM
Jun 2007
That was one huge boss
Apr 20, 2023 7:45 AM
Aug 2021
Was concerned that there was gonna be a CGI fight, but everyone banding together was a W for me
Apr 20, 2023 9:06 AM
Jan 2023
FuyuBara said:
New characters in the end! What a cliffhanger!

I’m kinda confused on their introduction. Two sets of nobodies (as of now) and the first thing they talk about is trying to fight the most accomplished and powerful duo in the game and thinking they have favorable odds.
Apr 20, 2023 1:18 PM
Apr 2023
10/10 episode. Excited for season 3!
Apr 20, 2023 4:32 PM
Jul 2008
I was hoping the admins become smarter after they introduce the female admin.. Turned out she got infected by their dumbness lol.
Two guilds cooperating can get the same medal? Even by surviving only, everyone can get their medals for free!
What kind of admin that doesn't think the people will cooperate together if there's no negative?
Feels like they get dumber by each episode?

Unlike 1st season, 2nd season feels boring. The pets are not interesting, they are just like skills addition than pets.
Apr 20, 2023 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
Looks like Maple & Sally have targets on their backs. 
This was a great season. I may go back to the haunted level just to laugh. 
Looking forward to s3!
Apr 21, 2023 3:39 AM
Jan 2018
Finale episode 😭 gonna miss Bofuri, but I guess this means I should start reading the light novels!
Apr 21, 2023 6:06 AM

Sep 2020
Very funny way to defeat the boss, overall not as good as the first season, but still pretty solid.
Apr 22, 2023 2:09 AM

Jan 2021
6/10. It was pretty boring unlike s1.
Roxy

Apr 22, 2023 8:52 AM

Nov 2022
Awesome Conclusion Really.

Final better is better than some others before it.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Apr 22, 2023 3:27 PM
Feb 2016
Me encanto el anime

Apr 22, 2023 3:56 PM
Jul 2022
It was cute but getting repetitive, hopefully the 3rd season will get better again.
Apr 22, 2023 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
The "preview" was kinda stupid. Those guys are new, they have no chance to catch up if the current pace continues - right now, by the time the top guilds clear the current content, a new stage is already on the horizon. And the few days in between are for powerlevelling to be ready for the new content. No matter what kind of character they play, what skills they acquire, they are so far behind that Maple could sleep through their attacks like she did in the beginning with the monsters. And by the time they are at her level, they are a known quantity. Of course, you don't have to show all skills, but that goes for Maple as well.

On top of that, they sounded like they had a personal grudge or what. Maple is somewhat a poster child for NWO, but Payne is still considered the strongest player. So far everyone gets along quite well in Bofuri, so i don't know how it's all going to turn out, if it where any other anime i would absoutely expect some kind of stupid plot where they want to take revenge on Maple and they try to sabotage her at every turn despite her not being involved in what supposdely happend any way while everyone else who was there gets a pass for whatever reason, and in the end it turns out the whole thing never happend in the first place. Can they resist the temptation of using a cheap sub plot just for some drama unlike many other anime? Guess i'll see in season 3..
Apr 23, 2023 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
So many fake Maples lol. But seeing the way everyone fought together against the final boss was pretty cool.

An okayish season. It wasn't as good as the first season but it was still enjoyable to watch.

Apr 23, 2023 12:10 PM

Sep 2012
new competitors show up eeh
Apr 23, 2023 3:07 PM

Feb 2013
I really enjoyed the first season, but I enjoyed it mostly for the character interactions and comedy…this seemed so focused on the battles. I still liked this season, but it was a far cry from the first.

7/10 for me…could end up being a 6/10
Apr 23, 2023 6:57 PM

Feb 2014
Not gonna lie, I watched this anime in 2 days and... probably that was my mistake? Cause after some time it became very boring and turned out to be painful to watch. 

I really did enjoy the 1st season, but this second season felt like a huge OVA with lots of pointless random battles xD I kinda liked the Pokemon part though xD When they were looking for their monsters partners. 

This season is lacking substance. It is empty. 

I was giving 6/10 until second half started... but then... gonna give 5/10 because this season in general was very average. Sadly.

----

Still, I am looking forward to season 3. And if season 3 become a reality I really do hope it´s as good as the 1st season. 
TechOtakuApr 23, 2023 7:15 PM
Apr 24, 2023 1:49 AM
May 2021
This season was meh. S1 was much better. But they showed some interesting characters at the end. Let's see if S3 comes or not. 6/10 for this season
Apr 24, 2023 8:29 AM
Feb 2021
The ending was satisfying.
Apr 24, 2023 10:56 PM
Oct 2021
Good ending for their season 2, though I'm scare that having Maple keep winning one battle after another might end up boring
Apr 25, 2023 1:09 PM

Jan 2012
And so Maple and her allies successfully defeat the giant fake Maple Cthulhu monster thingy and prepare for Level 8 blissfully unaware of new faces aiming to take them out as we end this second season.

I never enjoy writing negative(ish) final thoughts like I'm about to, but here goes: So the first season of this series was, at the time, really appealing to me. A cute breath of fresh air. I enjoyed it to such an extent that I seriously considered buying the limited edition Blu-Ray/DVD set when it released, but ultimately decided not to. And after watching this second season I'm honestly glad I didn't because this felt like a definite drop in enjoyment for me. While by no means bad perse this second season was just kinda, sorta there for me, ya know? I'd watch it but never really get engaged with the goings on in any real way. The multiple delays didn't help things. This should have finished nearly a month ago. As it is, it feels like I had to force myself to finish this out of obligation rather than a genuine desire to see the conclusion, and that's never a good thing. Perhaps most damning, this season is making me wonder if I was being too nice giving the first as high of a score as I did at the time. Generous 7/10.
Apr 27, 2023 3:17 AM

Nov 2016
quite liked the series, the ending feels like it might open up a can of worms. like servers in other countries etc

to me, it was kindof a letdown. i was actually hoping the game would go down a dark path. i thought the admins were going to pull a poop move and cheap out everyone with the world border thing. what rocked my boat was thinking the last boss was going to be maple based on the silhouette. but nah, this series has nothing dark in it. tho that wouldve been an awesome part to be dark

idk why, but i kept thinking the admins werent humans but isekai guys, guess that was debunked. and also, girls (prolly) hate tentacles
ah maple, once a normie human, then mecha, angel, cthulu, tentacles, what next
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Apr 27, 2023 6:11 PM

Feb 2023
Very boring, just like its previous season. I'm not saying that CGDCT elements are necessarily bad, but the whole series suffers from stale writing and comedy surrounded by annoying characters just for that one specific gimmick to be displayed. I'm still curious about how season 3 (by any chance) will go though.
Apr 28, 2023 8:29 AM

Jul 2012
Not hopping for another season, but.. "arate" has appeared 🥱 this means there is a high chance for another story..

May 2, 2023 5:59 PM

Jun 2019
They were able to defeat the final boss but it was tough. The devs were happy for once. This season was alright, I still prefer the first one.
May 2, 2023 7:16 PM
Apr 2023
masomenso.... nada nuevo, pero cumple con entretener
May 3, 2023 10:40 PM
Sep 2016
So. What happened to Maple's skill that summons an army of oni? Was it nerfed? Is it level-locked? Writers forgot about it?
May 4, 2023 10:09 AM
Oct 2009
The concept was cool and refreshing in the first, but this season just de-escalated into "cute girls doing cute things." After seeing it over and over episode to episode without a deeper plot, I quickly lost interest as I slogged through it.
May 8, 2023 5:52 AM

Jul 2015
Stepdown from s1 as while still carefree, not much happened where most fights started to get repetitive and incompetent devs complaining on Maple yet not nerfing her became irritating, where only at the end things started to get slightly interesting (great-scale final battle, new characters shown).

May 9, 2023 11:57 AM

Nov 2009
LOL, they ended how they began.

With Maple dealing the final blow with "Devourer"

Also, did not expect the Top Admin DEV's avatar to have actual "EYES"... LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 13, 2023 1:26 PM

Dec 2020
MAL was down for a couple days so I gotta write all my thoughts now lol

But basically I missed this cute goofy show and s2 was just as good. The lack of pvp made it more calm, it felt less game like? and all the action and fight scenes were very cool. EXCEPT that one episode where the whole scene was CGI and like 15 fps. The later eps it seemed like a lot of the fighting was pet based and for some reason maple basically used all her new abilities once only.

Still really enjoyed it's goofiness though!
May 29, 2023 6:49 AM

Nov 2019
Pretty much more of the same.

Thankfully they reduced the rate of transformation acquisition while keeping the focus on crazy big battles, so it ends up consistently entertaining. Only real issue is that sometimes the animation can't quite keep up.
Jun 1, 2023 12:47 PM
Mar 2021
è Bofuri ma la prima season è meglio
Jun 17, 2023 4:38 AM

Feb 2020
It was good and fun but inferior to previous season. Lot more generic level game grinding instead of gag scenario and interesting plot oriented fights.

I wish for last fight they should have made maple a huge giant and made her eat the monster head off....They way they defeated  it in actual anime didn't have enough  wow factor.

Ther new character at the end looks interesting, hope they make the story aspects more interesting 
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 26, 2023 7:38 PM

Mar 2016
Boring asf. No irl interaction like s1 really killed it
5/10

Jul 17, 2023 10:15 PM

Oct 2022
I would say, "alright". I kinda hoped she used pandemonium when the mini chtulus appeared but oh well, also could've sworn that she acquired the skill great eruption. Overall a 7/10 for me.
Jul 20, 2023 8:16 PM
Jan 2023
That was a fun final battle to watch, and a good place to end of the season. It was well animated and pretty entertaining, particularly the part when Maple launched herself through the giant monster, which I'm convinced was created specifically to stop Maple, but she still managed to finish it with the help from the others.

Talk of the next level pretty much confirms that there will be a season 3, so I definitely look forward to that.
Jul 22, 2023 2:59 AM

Feb 2014
Not as good as the first season. It got pretty derivative and everything felt like the same old same old but at a slightly higher level, almost as if I was grinding through the season. Even Maple's new powers didn't seem all the impressive. We didn't even see her use her tentacles all that much. And I would have liked to see more IRL moments of not just Maple and Sally, but even the other characters. Would have been nice to see the contrast between their game personas and real selves. Overall, 6/10.
Jul 31, 2023 5:58 PM

Feb 2018
The 'final boss' attacked twice during the whole fight lul. The 2 new duo's we got to see at the end of the episode were interesting though.. hopefully we get to see them fight Sally and Maple in S3 maybe?!?! It would be a nice change to see them PvP rather PvE :p
Aug 8, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2008
Well, this was a much weaker second season. I enjoyed a few parts like the friendship building between Maple and Mii, and the hunt for the pets everyone did. But everything else felt way too rushed and repetitive. It was basically just dungeons and boss battles, which I could barely tell apart. Hopefully season 3 will focus more on character interactions and exploration than what we had here.
Aug 9, 2023 7:20 PM
Sep 2021
good, a must watch, very good
Oct 9, 2023 10:31 AM
Jul 2019
Nice ending and we did not see her use that oni skill much. Look like new people are gunning for Maple and Sally. Hope for a more.
Dec 5, 2023 6:13 PM
Jun 2020
So did the writers just forget Maple acquired that OP Red and Blue Oni summon skill called Pandemonium from the first or second episode? I mean we never see it again. You would think with Maple and CO about to perish to the big boss at the end of episode 12 and her atrocity and machine god skill on cooldown, that something like that new skill would have surely been utilized. Summon the oni for 1 minute,during this time the users skills will be sealed but equipment skills aren't sealed. If that doesn't sound like the "oh shit" button, idk what would
Dec 21, 2023 10:51 PM
Dec 2015
Does anyone know all the armaments that Maple's Machine God has? I mean, I know it has lasers and canons, but I don't know all of the armaments the mecha has. Feel free to give a list of armaments the Machine God has.

Can't wait to see Machine God some more in the anime. Maybe season 3 if there is one.
Jan 1, 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
Just one huge bossfight with everyone involved, I think that was a fitting last episode for this season.

Another good season of Bofuri and probably the last one. Even though another one got hinted at the very end, but I think that's just to push manga sales. First season had more PvP content and thus was a bit better imo, Maple defeating other players is the most enjoyable aspect of this anime. 7/10
Jan 17, 2:14 AM

Apr 2014
this was a great 2nd season but will say season 1 was a bit better imo but nonetheless i still enjoyed 2nd season

all the characters knowing each other made things better not to mention i loved all the mew interaction between them

also i am really hoping for a season 3 but there are some things im hoping with season 3

2 of them looks like its already gonna be a thing

like that i am hoping for new guilds thats strong and could even rival maple (though we'll see how far that goes) and also im hoping for new characters that'll be different and with how this ep ended it shows both those things will be in season 3

though one last thing i would want is for them all to be able to meet outside of the game for me that would be nice to atleast get an ep or even like an ova or something i need it

with that said with all of that in mind im really hoping for season 3 to be coming in the near future
DazeFireJan 17, 2:18 AM
"one step at a time"
Jan 18, 5:56 AM
Jun 2012
What a shame that Maple Battle Royale is over.

Turtle Fortnite was fun.
Jan 20, 3:55 AM

Sep 2014
Ironically they would have been better off staying in the cave, the monster was probably to big to fit, the smaller ones cant all attack at the same time and they are save from the meteors there. Now that the base makes sense for once they abandon it huh.

Was hoping for the event to end with PVP, but this fight was nice too.

I dont think this season was bad, but the first one was still way better: It had the novelty factor, Maple maxing defense actually mattered, her beeing op in a unique way and the pvp event!

This one tried to focus more on the other characters and that just doesnt work, Maple and Sally are the reason to watch the show. Mii and Payne are cool too. But most of the others? Just too generic.

I will still miss Maple Tree, something about this show is just neat. Its easy to digest and upbeat, with cute girls! What more do you want.

@Foreall908 Now that you mention it I completely forgot about that skill too, I guess it will be her ace for the next PVP event
Comander-07Jan 20, 4:29 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» This season is CG?

curvedtree - Feb 2, 2023

12 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Feb 5, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

61 by waldy713 »»
Jan 17, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

108 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

39 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

82 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.