Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2023 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, Kotoko knows there's something suspicious about this case, specifically the suspect's children. 

Considering the complexity of this case and guilt carried, I'm surprised that Kotoko can dive so far into this mystery. Meanwhile, the Chairman still had to deal with the reality of the situation. His wife ain't coming back after all these years. 
Mar 5, 2023 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
Continuing the Sleeping Murder case, Kotoko's inclusion of dispelling President Otonashi's case of Sumi's murder towards his children, despite her sexual claims with Kuro, wants an alliance towards the answers that she's seeking. Through the negotiations, the truth brought to light about Sumi's resentment towards Otonashi and his children with alibis to prove around the time of her murder, and at hindsight, it looked like the mystery was alwats one step forward, two steps back to clear up the loopholes.

Of all the people, Rion finds this ludicrous over fighting for their uncle's inheritance to have a scuffle, just to reveal that this is an insinuous effect to ride them off. But more than that, it DID prove that Susumu and Ryoma had a plan to kill Sumi with their alibis aligning with each other. There're other factors reigning for Sumi's area of murder, and this comes from Koya, together with his wife Kaoruko who were plotting the same with their own alibi, but also learning of Sumi's death when at the hospital to cure her own injury.

Despite all of the sins coming to light, this is however, NOT the ends to the issue. There is an answer to this case, BUT HOW?
Mar 5, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2016
Turns out that all the elder children in this family really wanted the mother killed. Plotting the death of their matriarch simultaneously without either else knowing is impressive if not unwittingly done. The two brothers whom hated each other coming together for this one thing so they can both live the lives they actually want. The daughter and her boyfriend who wasn't accepted knowing the only way for them to be happy is for the mother gone. Both reasoning make sense considering the mother was so adamant about controlling their lives even as adults. Its kinds funny how Kotoko being so vague about the assignments purpose that it made them confess. She didn't even say they needed to but the younger brother and the daughter's husband offered up their guilt willingly. Really a crazy coincidence the kids were plotting her murder right when the dad made that deal with the fox ayakashi. Their own individually thought out alibi covered for them perfectly. This is a really interesting case hearing about a crazy dysfunctional family. If Kotoko tells them truth I wonder how they will react and think of their father.
Mar 5, 2023 9:33 AM

Nov 2014
Failing to murder someone and then learning that somebody else got your target at the same time you planned. Now that's creepy.
Mar 5, 2023 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
Sheesh you have to be quite the piece of shit for your ENTIRE family, some of whom hate each others guts, to want your ass GONE 💀 like, the 2 brothers put aside their differences for a bit just to try and get rid of Sumi's ass lol. 

This has been an intriguing mystery so far so I'm looking forward to hearing Kotoko's analysis of the truth next episode. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 5, 2023 10:07 AM

Oct 2017
It's so like Kotoko to make them confess that easily. Now I wonder what answer they'll come up with.
Mar 5, 2023 10:59 AM
Oct 2010
The brothers: Planned it but were upstaged.
The daughter: Planned it but injured herself.
The old man: Planned it and... ???? Profit?

It really feels like it's going to end up being a farce, where everyone planned to kill her and were making arrangements but she was legitimately murdered by a mugger before any of their misdeeds came to fruition. The fox just took advantage of the happy coincidence and made off with the reward that helped settle the ongoing spirit battle for the lulz, all while leaving the old man to shoulder the guilt because it really couldn't care less about the fate of humans.
Mar 5, 2023 11:51 AM

May 2020
Holy hell, Kotoko made two people confess a two-decade old murder scheming just like that lmao. She didn't even try and we already know how the two brothers and the daughter-lover pair tried and failed to get rid of Sumi all those years ago.

Like man I don't know what kind of woman Sumi was when even her children were as desperate to put her out of way as much as her husband lol.

I very much liked the first season as it was already, and this one just continuing the trend for me. Now to see how they'll come up with the fabricated truth.
Mar 5, 2023 11:52 AM

May 2015
That mother must have been a real bitch to be so hated by everyone around her as to become a target of not one but several murder plots.
Mar 5, 2023 1:29 PM
Jan 2018
The last arc didn't do it for me, but after the introductions got out of the way, this classic murder mystery got real interesting. Let's see what happens next.
Mar 5, 2023 7:46 PM

Oct 2015
bruh this show is too big brain for me
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 5, 2023 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
I feel like one of the rules of the In/Spectre S2 drinking game needs to be "When Kotoko overshares about her and Kuro's sex life, finish your drink and get a refill on his behalf."
Mar 5, 2023 9:11 PM

Jul 2016
Most beloved mom in anime history holy shit...
Mar 5, 2023 11:34 PM
Mar 2022
They are really dragging this one out😂
Mar 6, 2023 1:01 AM

May 2021
I wonder if the fox knew all of this was going on.

Mar 6, 2023 6:59 AM

Feb 2014
Once again, Kotoko can't help but voice out her desires of what she wants to do in a luxury hotel with Kuro, so he replied by stuffing a cushion into her face! XD

Putting Aside Kotoko's usual habit, this was an intriguing episode about more of Sumi's death. Going by the backstory from her youngest son and her daughter's husband, it does seem like she was one hell of a arsehole in the way that she ran the business, almost to the point of ruin.

As expected of Kotoko, it was easy for some secrets to be revealed here and while the main question she has asked hasn't been answered yet, it was interesting to hear not one, but two plots to murder her from her children, one from the oldest and youngest brother and the other plan from the daughter and her husband, who was here at this assignment in her place. Rion, who was here in her father's place, was pretty shocked to hear about these two separate plots to kill Sumi.

I do look forward to seeing how this case will be resolved. Who knows if it will be a resolution that everyone will be happy with or not.
Mar 6, 2023 11:40 AM

Jan 2021
Kotoko knows that something is up and she's finding it out sooner or later, which she did later on. Kotoko even got 2 of the grandfather's children to confess that they wanted to kill their mother but both of them couldn't deliver the mission. 

Rion almost fighting with Kotoko because she doesn't believe a single thing that Kotoko says, but Kotoko proves her wrong, as per usual. 

As Kotoko said: "Now then, how did Chairman Otonashi kill Sumi-San? There is an answer.", and that answer is for the children of the chairman to find out. 

Well performed episode, and as always Kotoko is sharp.
__andre__Mar 6, 2023 11:56 AM
Mar 6, 2023 11:55 AM

Dec 2019
This episode felt like a lot of nothing, there were also some quality issues with some of the faces looking really off, like i'm not sure how you mess up an episode with little to no movement in it but they somehow did lmao
Mar 6, 2023 1:36 PM
May 2020
it really be your own eggs that wish for your downfall
Mar 6, 2023 10:09 PM

Jan 2011
Diamond_Sel said:
This episode felt like a lot of nothing, there were also some quality issues with some of the faces looking really off, like i'm not sure how you mess up an episode with little to no movement in it but they somehow did lmao
quality  this season has been rough  Season one was consistently simply just good looking since there usually wasn't that much action nor movement happening  till the last arc 

Mar 7, 2023 12:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
You know you're hated when absolutely everyone you know want to kill you xD
Mar 7, 2023 3:30 PM

May 2015
Is it me or did the animation quality straight up nise dive this episode? Other than that it was pretty entertaining
Mar 7, 2023 3:35 PM

Nov 2017
And I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky,wait,who the hell is she?
And whats with the creepy guy next to her?
Mar 8, 2023 8:47 PM
Mar 2015
its the Murder on the Orient Express only father beat them all to crime
Mar 9, 2023 7:54 AM

Sep 2020
I just love whenever you think the mystery is solved there's always more to that, she just made them confess their crimes even it was not the main goal of this case.
takamonoMar 9, 2023 7:58 AM
Mar 12, 2023 8:23 AM
Jun 2021
The second season made me lost a lot of my brain cells. 😭
ChrisTran0924Mar 12, 2023 8:36 AM
Apr 12, 2023 8:48 PM

May 2020
Hehe, the first son doesn't care about the inheritance. Good. The rumours about her are so funny. 

I think Kotoko added some fake details to the murder situation. 

Whoa, all his children wanted to kill their mother. Now that's out of their mind, they can think without fear.
May 4, 2023 3:13 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, must be one hell of a messed up old hag to be so hated by her own family that everyone thought it was best to murder her to resolve their problems.

May 4, 2023 11:44 AM

Apr 2022
Everyone confesses their sins with an air of urgency, but Kotoko was the only one I remember not to make enemies with!
Jun 26, 2023 2:39 PM
Oct 2021
nothing to see here
Jul 24, 2023 12:13 AM

Oct 2022
I find the fact that everyone planned to kill her sad, as if she decided that her purpose in life was to make her family hate her.
Sep 19, 2023 8:20 PM

Jul 2008
So everyone is guilty.....
Nov 3, 2023 7:20 AM

Oct 2019
Not exactly Sherlock Holmes or Hercules Poirot material.
The entire episode was consumed in personal motives, opportunities and alibis when they could all have easily hired a hitman to kill her.

That was completely disregarded as a potential theory, and it's not like they lacked the money to hire one.

This is also the only plausible non supernatural explanation about how the old man killed her. Technically he did hire a hitman after all...
Nov 3, 2023 7:25 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to landofthekwt
its the Murder on the Orient Express only father beat them all to crime
@landofthekwt I wonder if their father got wind of their plans though 🤔
He never suggested he did to Kotoko...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

54 by HumbertoZero »»
Apr 20, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

69 by HumbertoZero »»
Apr 19, 6:58 PM

» Season 3?

Mino_Hi - Apr 14

0 by Mino_Hi »»
Apr 14, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Swiggy - Aug 16, 2022

76 by N3kowarrior »»
Mar 7, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

77 by OddOnes »»
Jan 30, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.