Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 2023 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
Kotoko took a deep dive into this latest case with her analysis. It's quite impressive how she drew a lot of theories and expected circumstances of this murder case.

Ultimately, she made the conclusion about Nagisa Iizuka framing Muroi and "emotions being twisted". She also drew an interesting analysis of Yuki-onna an her emotions. Feels like Kotoko knows how to read others, perhaps more than any character in the show. 
Jan 29, 2023 8:11 AM

Oct 2017
Kotoko's deduction was great as usual. Case solved and while the culprit and her motive might have been a bit obvious it was still a good case. Need more of the Yuki onna, hopefully we'll get it. For now though, it's baby making time.
Jan 29, 2023 8:36 AM

May 2020
Figured it was Masayuki's former "good" colleague who was upto no good in the end. Love is twisted so well you can't blame her but this man really has a rotten luck with women lmao. Though Yuki-onna's with him now, so won't say the rotten part still stands. Also liked how she was just listening like a kid when Kotoko was revealing everything about the case.

Arc is over, maybe a bit of it in next week's episode but liked it as any other case we've had yet. Though Yuki-onna is too good to be left behind here.
Jan 29, 2023 9:12 AM
Apr 2020
Nice arc. Yuki Onna's sacred expression so adorable.
Sweet gesture from Kuro-senpai put blanket on Kotoko's shoulder.
And we had proper video ending. On opening we saw Kotoko disappeared, now on ending it's Kuro.
Jan 29, 2023 9:13 AM
Oct 2016
Kuro is right, Kotoko went too far with that explanation at the start of the conversation. Her reasoning for it that Muroi needed to hear that before the actual explanation didn't justify all that vitriol at the start in my opinion. I think Muroi could've handled it with Yuki-Oona by his side. But the actual culprit being Muroi former subordinate whom is still in love with him does make sense. She was angry at his ex-wife for hurting Muroi and also wanted Muroi to relay on her. By murdering the ex-wife she could get both of those things. It also explains why the police didn't continuously pressure Muroi beyond the initial questioning. They knew he was being framed after investigating more, finding there was someone whom had the motive to frame Muroi. His former subordinate just wanted him to fall in love with her so much that she went through with murder like that. Kotoko using the ghosts to spy on the police to get information was funny. So was her comments to Muroi and Yuki-Oona saying now they can freely get it on now that there's nothing impeding on their lives
Jan 29, 2023 9:15 AM
May 2017
And that's it for the romance part of this anime
Jan 29, 2023 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
Kotoko solves yet another case, bravo to her. 

Muroi basically got backstabbed by an woman who he trusted, and the woman loved him but he was in another relationship? I guess the culprit got jealous because Muroi didn't pay attention to her, so she resulted into violence and ended up killing her. 

I'm glad though that Muroi now found an Yuki-onna who is trusted (I think), although they can't stay together forever. 
Jan 29, 2023 9:35 AM
Feb 2017
It was an okay episode, it just felt way too short. I hope to see more romance.
Jan 29, 2023 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
“Hurry home and bone already” lmaooo Kotoko so real man. I need a couple episodes of Yuki-Onna and Masayuki just doing cute shit together like Ice man and his cool colleague.

Called iizuka being the murderer two weeks ago, was pretty obvious. Don’t particularly feel bad for the ex wife at all tho 🤷🏾‍♂️

Episode was really good, didn’t want it to end, but just wish we’d have finished the explanation stuff earlier and got some more SoL stuff.
Jan 29, 2023 10:00 AM

Oct 2022
Long case explanation from Kotoko and "probably" the end of the case. Very liked the two characters the funny ghost Yuki-onna and the middle-aged man unlucky charm for women Muroi. After a bad first episode finally the series goes well with less action and more deductions/ side stories. Hope to see romance and SoL moments between Yuki-onna and Muroi.

Jan 29, 2023 11:10 AM
Nov 2019
i loved the fact that yuki onna and that person did really get a chance to take their relationship further !
Jan 29, 2023 11:14 AM
Nov 2019
About Kotoko's small performance when she gaslighted Masayuki and Yuki-Onna. Rationalizations that Kotoko used for her performance were: 1) to demonstrate Masayuki that Yuki-Onna trusts and loves him; 2) to spare Masayuki's mental state because another person close to him has betrayed him. But if you think of it, this performance would not had really helped Masayuki to trust Yuki-Onna. If he really stopped trusting everyone, then he would rather suspect that Kotoko and Yuki-Onna conspired and deliberately played a melodramatic scene in front of him. If anything, he would became even more suspicious after Kotoko's vile performance. Not to mention that Yuki-Onna's trust and love do not mean that he can trust her. His collegue, who murdered his former wife, also loved him which didn't stop her from framing him. Regarding second rationalization - Kotoko's gaslighting would have probably impacted Masayuki's mental state much worse than hearing that his former colleague murdered his wife. He came there for help yet instead was gaslighted and presented as a manipulative murderer in front of Yuki-Onna, whom he deeply loves and with only whom he feels being in peace. Imagine being accused like this in presence of person who is dearest to you, by someone to whom you came for help and whose opinion is authoritative for your dearest person. P.S. All he had to do was just hire a lawyer.
HaustlaufivindiJan 29, 2023 12:14 PM
Jan 29, 2023 11:21 AM

Jul 2017
Masayuki is acquitted by Kotoko of the crimes he committed against his ex-wife Miharu, because it just doesn't add up of why would he have done so. That said, with Yuki-Onna around, the case becomes complicated, but there'll be little reason to accuse Masayuki given all the possible leads of trying to frame him as the murderer.

There's only one person who could've done it from Masayuki's perspective: Nagisa Iizuka, the only one where she had a grudge against him. At least they got the person now and are awaiting the procedure to get her arrested as soon as possible, with testimony from the spirits. With that, the case is effectively solved, and even Kuro's presence scares even yokai of his tenure, towards Yuki-Onna. Now they can not forget to use contraceptives and bone already, the usual Kotoko dirty talk xD

The motive that started from Miharu that gave the plot to Nagisa, eventually killing the ex-wife because of love and jealousy, it's a twisted love affair. By then, Masayuki will have devoted his life to Yuki-Onna and all will be forgotten, despite his affiliation to wicked women.

Case closed, for Yuki-Onna and Masayuki Muroi.
Jan 29, 2023 11:50 AM

Jun 2014
And with that, the case has been solved and Masayuki is innocent as expected. Turns out the murderer was his former subordinate all along. I wonder if we'll see any sort of follow up regarding her being arrested. I also wouldn't mind seeing Masayuki and Yuki-Onna's continued relationship going forward, as I've come to really like them both.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 29, 2023 12:26 PM

Dec 2013
That was a really nice arc, I'm going to miss those two, hopefully they can enjoy their lives together, Muroi deserves it, he was both blessed being good looking and successful,etc. and cursed with all that people around him.
Jan 29, 2023 12:28 PM
Nov 2021
I want a romcom spin-off of Yuki-Onna and Masayuki.
Jan 29, 2023 12:34 PM

Sep 2018
Feels like the show has really hit its stride now.

I love that Kotoko is often looking to resolve more than one thing with her stories

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 29, 2023 12:39 PM
Jan 2023
Apenas use contraceptivo e vai com Deus
Jan 29, 2023 1:19 PM
Jan 2023
It's nice to hear that Kotoko solves problems so easily. Even though at the beginning she went too far, in the end she managed to calm down Yuki onna and Masayuki by revealing who the real suspect was in this murder case. Big thanks to all yurei who helped Kotoko in this investigation.

Ah don't forget Kurou's sweet treatment when he gave a scarf to Kotoko when she was cold (>ω<)♡
Jan 29, 2023 3:20 PM
May 2019
yuuki-onna best girl
Jan 29, 2023 3:54 PM

Jan 2016
So episode 4 revealed a lot of content for the future. Especially Kuro's comments at the end have a big double meaning. I'm curious if they will have that big reveal at the end of this season but.....I doubt that's going to happen no?
"Keep on dreaming" - said the dreamer
Jan 29, 2023 5:06 PM
Jan 2018
I hope the next case can be as great as this one was. The analysis and the story were equally balanced in the end.
Jan 29, 2023 5:22 PM

Jan 2019
I recognize that Iwanaga is the main character but the larger a role she has in an episode the worse the episode is.
Jan 29, 2023 11:26 PM
Nov 2014
What a captivating case it was, this is what I like about this show: Kotoko explaining how things happened, likeable characters, fitting bgm, and I also enjoy that even though the show is about supernatural stuff, it doesn’t feel too fantasy. It’s like a good detective story
Jan 29, 2023 11:28 PM
Mar 2015
Stark700 said:
Kotoko took a deep dive into this latest case with her analysis. It's quite impressive how she drew a lot of theories and expected circumstances of this murder case.

Ultimately, she made the conclusion about Nagisa Iizuka framing Muroi and "emotions being twisted". She also drew an interesting analysis of Yuki-onna an her emotions. Feels like Kotoko knows how to read others, perhaps more than any character in the show. 

I agree, Kotoko's deduction abilities are just amazing and she also had the consideration to tell them the truth in a way their relationship would go to a better state, to help him feel not guilty and her really trust in him and in the love she felt.
Jan 30, 2023 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
This episode, and this arc itself as a whole, was well done and very enjoyable. =)

I didn't really think the main culprit who murdered Muroi's ex-wife was the colleague who was the closest to him, Iizuka. Thanks to Kotoko's thorough explanation to Muroi and Yuki-Onna, it gave us a good insight of Iizuka's affection for Muroi leading her to go down this dark route and take the life of his ex-wife. Justice will catch up to her soon enough, so Kotoko has properly given her blessing to the duo and amusingly warns them to use protection if they want to make some love.

Another surprise was that Kuro was with Kotoko the entire time, but he kept himself hidden until the matter was resolved. Funnily enough, Yuki-Onna was petrified of Kuro due to his powers, which I can't blame her for. ^^'

I must also have to praise Kuro for making sure that Kotoko stayed warm by placing her scarf on her during their trip back in the sky, where the temperature is still on the chilly side. It was a cute moment during their talk about the murder.
Jan 30, 2023 7:23 AM

Sep 2020
We get the full op and ed! Good to see this case is solved so so smoothly and the mystery is also explained very clearly.
Jan 30, 2023 8:36 AM
Mar 2015
And so Yuki-onaa and Muroi can continue with their relationship
Jan 30, 2023 9:15 AM

May 2015
Same good points and same flaws as Season 1 : Interesting mysteries but so looooooooooooong speeches.
Jan 30, 2023 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
A good, well-paced arc and mystery. I feel like Muroi and Yuki-onna living happily ever after feels a bit "off", but it's a reasonable enough conclusion that still leaves the door open to bring them back later as and when their situation changes. And Kotoko and Kuro's banter was as strong as ever.
Jan 30, 2023 2:30 PM
May 2020
and the case is solved! a yokai and a human noice
Jan 30, 2023 4:57 PM

Nov 2011
Idk I feel like this season is trash. 1 episode of Yuki-onna introduction and 2 episodes explaining why that dude is innocent. I felt like the dialogue was never going to end.

There's no connection with the killer either it's like "Who?" why do we care?

Please just go back to fighting Yokai and other ghosts.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 30, 2023 9:31 PM

Apr 2008
Kotoko may have cheated with the ghosts, but she missed the most obvious shortcut to this case. There were zero other named characters. It was always going to be the coworker because no one else had enough presence to be guilty. Then again, this show is more about the explanations than the truth.
Jan 31, 2023 4:13 AM

May 2021
A bit disappointed that the case already ended and we probably won't see more of Yuki-onna again. Hope to be proven wrong though.

I love the way the two reacted to Kotoko telling them to hurry home and bone already. Somehow, it felt like they were already prepared to do so.

Jan 31, 2023 1:05 PM

Dec 2018
nice little arc, everyone involved is so tragic.
Jan 31, 2023 4:07 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good end to this case, I'm a bit disappointed that it was a random girl that got introduced only after being revealed as the culprit but the writing to cover the story was still well done
Jan 31, 2023 5:17 PM

Feb 2012
I wouldn't mind seeing Yuki-onaa and Muroi again later. I really enjoyed their interactions.
Jan 31, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty good arc overall. Masayuki and Yuki-Onna easily ended up becoming my favorite side characters in the whole show so I really hope they show up again sometime in future cases.
Feb 1, 2023 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
Kotoko was able to solve the case but Masayuki truly has bad luck with women. I hope this isn't the last time we see Masayuki and Yuki-Onna.

Feb 1, 2023 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
HAHAHA! Bone her! what a great advice coming from Kotoko!
4/5.

Feb 2, 2023 5:54 PM

Nov 2013
this arc is taking quite a few episodes, not that i mind, i love Yuki, so more time is welcome

continuing with the explanations from last week
if Muroi was the killer, the wife would surely tell him about the letter to the police ... and in that case, he would want to get the letter before the police got to her house, or make sure people couldn't identify who was the dead person, but that didn't happen ... that simple fact, is already a good excuse to leave him out of the equasion

i swear, i dislike detective stuff (there's a few detective anime i like, but for sure not because of detective stuff) ... but listening to Kotoko and her reason is always fun, i don't know how she does it :D

she even said that she would wanna kill Kuro is he cheated on her, that's more than enough to shut up the guy asking questions LOL

just noticed, but the guy eyebrow...

well, so the culprit was the girl that still talks to him on the phone sometimes, interesting
she kept talking to him for years cause she hates him? oh really? ok lol

makes sense that Kotoko would send some ghosts to listen to the police, as well as knowing there were ghosts at the crime scene, since they are literally everywhere, damn it's too easy like that lol

before leaving, Kotoko gave them the blessing and hopes they are happy together, no matter how short their lives together might be, Yuki was happy with that, kawaii
they better use protection tho, human+youkai children have an hard life

Kuro arrived, and he is the scariest thing to any youkai lol Yuki was terrified

i also like how they hide some details and then discuss them when alone, this time, the reason the woman killed the ex-wife, hoping he would rely on her again

LOL at "Yuki-onna is affectionate, but one wrong move and we will see him frozen in an article in the future"
another lol for Kuro, he was gonna laugh at that idea but then remembered his own girlfriend (and Kotoko remembered the cousin as well), she even admitted this episode she would want him dead if he cheated on her

anyway, this (probably) concludes the Yuki-onna arc, was a fun one, i love Yuki, she is adorbs and she is happy with both food and her man
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 4, 2023 12:08 AM
Aug 2017
I like how Iizuka Nagisa's motive wraps around back to the first theory Kotoko told Masayuki and Yuki-Onna about it being to deceive someone into trusting them.
Honestly would read/watch a slice of life of Masayuki and Yuki-Onna, I really liked their dynamic
Feb 5, 2023 6:41 PM

Apr 2015
That was a pretty nice way to wrap up this story arc.
Feb 5, 2023 11:11 PM

Apr 2015
I'm glad that things went well for the two~
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Feb 12, 2023 10:42 AM

Jun 2015
You don't get many finer story than this. Im surprised the crunchy simply one shot it season of originals as this is by one one of the best animes playing
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 20, 2023 12:05 PM
Sep 2020
Nooo, it's over already :(

I hope we'll be able to see them again in future eps but I'm not too certain (╥ ╥). The ending was really sweet, I hope they stay together for as long as possible, because it is clear they care deeply for one another ! 🌸♡‧₊˚(,,> - <,,)‎♡‧₊˚🌸
Feb 24, 2023 10:39 PM
Jul 2021
Finally a good ending for the poor man and Yuki-Onna the snow lady. I loved it.
Apr 2, 2023 2:20 AM

Jan 2014
I want more of Yuki-Onna.
If I were him, I'd breed her as many as possible.
I wonder what kind of child that half human and half yokai ended up?
some human with yokai power or something? isn't that actually great though?
Apr 2, 2023 5:48 PM
Nov 2020
This show is surprisingly wholesome, I'm glad we got a season 2.
Apr 10, 2023 12:43 AM

May 2020
Kotoka figured out the real culprit. Nice theory leading to finding the true culprit, Iizuka Nagisa. The riverbed ghosts are cute. 

Kotoko explaining Masayuki's situation to Kuro and him relating to it. 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

69 by HumbertoZero »»
Apr 19, 6:58 PM

» Season 3?

Mino_Hi - Apr 14

0 by Mino_Hi »»
Apr 14, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Swiggy - Aug 16, 2022

76 by N3kowarrior »»
Mar 7, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

77 by OddOnes »»
Jan 30, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2023

40 by hoshinoriee »»
Jan 5, 8:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.