Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Haha, this episode had it all. Goofy action battles, silly outfits (seriously that outfit Maple wore looks like a meme) and snacks after the fight!

Episode also gave us insight onto more skills in their world while our adventurers continues to climb that tower. Monsters in this episode has ghost elements. Maybe someday Sally can get over her fear.
Jan 25, 2023 6:58 AM

Feb 2018
Maple got a skill that Sally wanted. Maple can turn into a knight slime, the skill can change objects according to what Maple wants. Polter Geist costume, that was so cute. Maple met Sally at the guild, Maple handed the item to Sally but Sally rejected it because it was a skill that brought out a ghost hand.

The sixth floor, where many ghostly monsters like human souls appeared. Maple, who had acquired a new skill in a certain mission, decided to level up with Mii-chan, whom Maple had promised for a long time. Mii-chan tried using fire magic but it didn't work on the ghosts. Mii-chan tried powerful magic with a long magic cast. With Maple help, Mii-chan used powerful skills and showed incredible strength.

After the battle, they had tea at a cafe and talked about the upcoming seventh event. Frederica and Kasumi meet with Maple and Mii-chan. They discuss Sally being afraid of ghosts and Frederica revenge on Maple. Frederica also plans to defeat Maple guild, which will make for a tense event.

When Frederica and Kasumi left, Mii-chan turned into cute girls, lol. The rules for the event have been distributed. The time for the event is 5 days in Real Time. The spawn location is located in the tower, this will be a thrilling event. The 1st floor of the tower is very similar to the dungeon in the Danmachi series. By combining Angel form, Maple also uses sheep skills and mecha as defence and attack.

It was a transform mecha with the second version. Maple and Sally met the dragon, it was an amazing fight. Maple managed to defeat the dragon in a strange way, lol. The weakness of the dragon was the mouth. After defeating the dragon, Maple and Sally were on the 2nd floor. They were fighting a cursed book. The book can steal skills from the user. All of Maple's skills were taken even though Maple's skills were taken but Maple's vitality was still too high, around 2000?

Sally carried the game at this floor. Sally used fireball to fight the book. Sally managed to defeat the book, and yahhh this episode was over. Maple fought the lava monster and Maple used spirit magic to turn the lava monster into an ice monster.

The skills that have been captured have now returned to Maple.

Jan 25, 2023 7:17 AM

Feb 2020
My weekly dose of action and cuteness. :3

Great episode as usual.

Mapple and Mii looked cool together.

That café segment was really wholesome. :)

What a beautiful place.

Lol at this scene.

SerafosJan 26, 2023 1:46 AM
Jan 25, 2023 7:57 AM
Feb 2021
Good episode for a feel good anime. 

But that cgi....hopefully theres no cgi in the remaining episodes cuz that cgi was trash

Obv im exaggerating but it'll be better if there is no cgi from this point.

Jan 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Apr 2014
Some parts of the CGI in this episode were horrible, tbh.
I really feel bad for those GMs, no matter how strong and tough those monsters were, Maple and Sally can defeat them with ease. Even though that book monster can steal Maple's abilities and weaken her.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 25, 2023 8:03 AM

Dec 2022
in this episode we get glimpse of sally power even though maple didnt get a op skill it was still enjoyable
Jan 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Mar 2013
Mii is so cute in this episode, I get to listen to her original, non-acting voice while she's with Maple... 🥰

More CGDCT pls!!! 😍
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 25, 2023 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
I thought my sleepy eyes  was crazy the animation suddenly change that cgi part is bad especially the body model... lol at terrain dmg work on maple 
Jan 25, 2023 9:07 AM

Feb 2019
The cgi change in the library area was really noticeable and jarring lol, switching back and forth was an…interesting design choice to say the least. Other than that, really cool episode with some nice action scenes and the usual maple humour. “Do these make me look smart?” “Not since you asked” sally is savage lol.

If I speak…
Marinate1016Jan 25, 2023 9:49 AM
Jan 25, 2023 9:21 AM

Mar 2010
These type of dungeons are the real fun when done right.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 25, 2023 9:22 AM

Apr 2022
Cool episode! In this one, we start the tower event, and go through the first three floors. Admittedly, the anime treats it more like a boss rush than a few mini-dungeon crawls, as it's done in the source material. But I don't think that was necessarily a bad decision. It allowed them to put in a lot of action scenes!

And the events before the tower are cool too. We get to see more of Mii's innocent side.

That CGI on the second tower boss--the book--though. I mean... I've seen worse. But I'm not gonna kid myself and say it was seamless either. I think for the actual battle it worked quite well though. It made it a lot more dynamic and it was really cool! But for whatever reason, they continued using CGI for the conversation afterwards, which was a weird choice. I think they should reserve the CGI only for the more complex battle scenes.
Jan 25, 2023 9:25 AM

Dec 2018
Cool episode but that CGI wasn't really the best...
Jan 25, 2023 9:30 AM

Mar 2020
Looks like the production took quite a dip this episode from the first two, as that CGI was jarring. 5 minutes plus of full CGI was quite uncharacteristic for this show, and I hope that it changes back to the normal style next week, but it could very well be production issues. We'll see.
Jan 25, 2023 9:33 AM
Jun 2020
The episode was great storywise - reminded me of the best episodes in season 1. However, I pray that we aren't in for more jarring CGI in the upcoming episodes.
My Main Candies:
My Bonus Candies:
Jan 25, 2023 9:48 AM
Jan 2023
When Maple is in a giant sphere of wool and she just pulls out giant guns.

I laughed my butt off on that. Totally unexpected.
Jan 25, 2023 9:52 AM

Apr 2010
Maple beating the monsters in unexpected ways as always still the anti Maple monster seemed to be effective if it wasn't for Sally.
It was fun to watch.
Mii hiding her personality when it matters was also funny to watch. 
Jan 25, 2023 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
Random 10 minutes of cgi was not a good call. Looked so bad.
Jan 25, 2023 10:12 AM

Apr 2017
did they use the CGI soo good in this one ~~~! great ~~!
Jan 25, 2023 10:25 AM

May 2012
Well that was a rather rushed episode. I'm pretty sure this episode covered about an entire volume worth of content in the last half alone and left out a lot of details. They left out that the shoes Maple got Sally were in fact not the ones Sally was looking for. They turned out to be better. They also left out that they were trying to do a no-damage run of the tower but the unavoidable damaging floor on floor 3 forced them to amend their goal to only include damage from enemies. In addition, both the second and third bosses were way rushed. They actually retreated from the second boss to plan out how to fight it which included the reveal that Maple's locked out skills persisted even after leaving the tower for the day. And unless I'm mixing it up with one of the other bosses, the third floor boss should've taken a lot longer than the, what, thirty seconds that it ended up taking? It was a pretty in-depth and involved battle that really showed just how powerful Sally's starting to become.
Jan 25, 2023 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
i will just accept CGI use as lore for less graphic card stress ingame
bruh
Jan 25, 2023 10:52 AM
Feb 2020
Episode was alright, but the CGI was very noticable and not in a good way.
Jan 25, 2023 11:01 AM
Apr 2022
in this episode, i am happy with GM success to weaken maple. yeah, there still sally. it was nice seing more gm scene in this episode.
the minus thing, i think lot of us would agree the cgi is lot of minus point for this episode
Jan 25, 2023 11:23 AM
Mar 2021
New Skills! New Event has been started! Maple and Sally going to climb the tower.
and also, there was sudden full CGI on the 2nd floor. Unexpected.
Jan 25, 2023 12:30 PM
Jan 2021
CGI maple and Sally sure did happen and definitely was one of the moments in this anime
it's not the worst I've seen, but I question why it was used. it was a noticable drop in the expressiveness of the animation just for some fancy camera swings, it seemed like
the models were also really easy to spot, as the eyes and hair behave differently and the rigidity of the shapes when their heads moved was a giveaway
Jan 25, 2023 12:32 PM
Feb 2018
the episode was ok but the anime cramming a lot and skipping a lot more but still not too bad. that cgi was horrible like ex-arm bad
Jan 25, 2023 12:33 PM
Feb 2018
kei78 said:
i will just accept CGI use as lore for less graphic card stress ingame

that not a bad way to look at it but the cgi could have been better
Jan 25, 2023 12:33 PM
Jul 2022
One less star due to extensive use of CGI. Yuck!
Jan 25, 2023 12:36 PM

Jul 2017
Back to the ghost mansion, and Maple handles it better than Sally, that's for sure. This is putting a lot of pressure on the game devs, and they already had a major bug in the form of Maple, so whatever things needed to be fixed must be done in a jiffy.

Maple's time with Mii grinding Level 6, only to be joined with Frederica and Kasumi over teatime for a short while, every private moment is precious. The 7th event of varying difficulty levels see both Maple and Sally exert their powers, and the game devs are beaten each and every single time on this 10-floor labyrinth.

The sudden move to go all CG on the 2nd floor certainly was a welcome surprise, though the floor boss they face is one that'll steal the user's abilities and use it against them. It looked janky, but at least it did do the job on the action part, the rest are all quite noticeable and quite the yuck.

The teamwork of Maple and Sally knows no bounds, and when will the game devs ACTUALLY land a hit on Maple?
Jan 25, 2023 12:43 PM

Feb 2014
While this episode was another good one, it did leave me feeling a bit concerned.

It was pretty nice to have Maple and Mii hang out again, with Maple helping Mii out on the sixth floor's enemies, where her attacks still look as impressive as ever. Afterwards, a a new event arrived and Maple and Sally worked as a pair once again. The first floor had Maple use her wool ability again, which is always cute, before she and Sally arrived at the boss itself. Maple's upgraded outfit for the mecha looked really good on her and her skills and teamwork with Sally made the boss look rather easy.

For the second floor boss, came the surprise of the fight being almost entirely animated in CGI. It sort of made me wonder if the production staff were trying a different animation style for each floor, or it was a rather brave call from someone in the production team. Either way, the results were rather mixed. The book boss itself was rather good and the artstyle for the CGI looks for Maple and Sally, along with the expressions, were on point (Nier Automata flight suits, take note), but although it was cool to see Sally wreck the boss nicely, the CGI movements for her looked pretty clunky and doesn't do her any justice at all.

Hopefully there isn't any issue with the production quality of this series, as the animation for the boss fights on the first and third floor were pretty good and with no CGI models in sight. This might be a one-off, who knows, but hopefully it won't happen again if possible.

On the upside, at least the pacing felt a little better than the previous episodes, so I'm happy with that. Not only that, but the third floor did expose an option for the game developers to finally put Maple on the back foot. I look forward to seeing how our awesome duo will get on against the later floor bosses. =)
Jan 25, 2023 1:18 PM
Jun 2012
The sudden switch to CGI was a bit unexpected but nonetheless this is a great episode. Love seeing the dev’s react to everything Maple does, including the new developer that was hired, she is determined hahahaha
Jan 25, 2023 1:25 PM
Oct 2016
The only way these admins can even have a chance to stop Maple is by creating a monster that steals her skills. I'll never get tired of seeing the admins struggle to keep up with all the overpowered abilities Maple obtains. Which is funny because they made those same skills I guess they just didn't expect them to be used in the ways that Maple does. I liked Maple going back to the haunted floor with Mii. The bond those two have been forming this season is really cute. Mii just wants to be herself around someone and Maple is that perfect person for it. Best part of the episode was definitely Maple and Sally team up. A nice display of how great a team they can be together. Sally being afraid of the haunted floor we haven't seen as much of her and Maple together. I loved seeing Sally be the one to save Maple from that skill stealing library boss. A nice tables turned moment for Maple and provided some great laughs.
Jan 25, 2023 1:45 PM
Sep 2010
really hate the cgi, seriously if you dont have a movie quality budget then using it is pointless, it will never look good.
Jan 25, 2023 1:56 PM
Mar 2020
The CGI on Maple and Sally kinda ruined the vibe of the fight, kinda sad that they decided to cut corners so early in the season already.
Jan 25, 2023 1:58 PM
Jun 2021
The 3d animation was awful !
Jan 25, 2023 2:05 PM
Mar 2018
ugly 3d omg it's the worst 3d i ever seen
Jan 25, 2023 2:23 PM
Dec 2018
I hope that the cgi was literally just for that one scene, but I also doubt that... 
It wasn't that bad, and the anime would've still been good if they had used that style throughout the entire series, but randomly switching back and forth between artstyles like that is no good.
I'm pretty sure that's the whole reason why people didn't like the Chainsaw Man cgi. It didn't look bad, it just looked unsettlingly different from the rest of the anime.
Jan 25, 2023 2:28 PM
Apr 2020
bad animate, so bad 😐😐😐😐😐😐😐
Jan 25, 2023 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
Maple's "Machine God V2" looks dope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But man, production sure died during the second half.
Jan 25, 2023 3:45 PM

Feb 2022
The formula of this show really needs something to spice it up. I’m still enjoying it but it just speeds through so much and the content is feeling repetitive. The CGI definitely was rough too this episode. It was nice to see Sally shine for a bit at least. 
Jan 25, 2023 3:48 PM

Nov 2011
Love Mii. Sally, Mii and Kasumi are probably my top 3 favorites in this anime.

This episode was decent. I do not understand why the animators felt like it was necessary to make the book fight a CGI battle when the battle with the Dragon was actually really well done.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 25, 2023 3:58 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Maple and Sally really do make a good pairing both had their moments in the event so far.

The switch to CG on the 2nd floor threw me off, it didn't look the best but we swapped right back on the next floor anyways.

Also Maple and Mii do make a good pairing too. Nice to see Mii acting more like herself around Maple, as we usually see her as the more serious type especially around her guild members and well anyone else apart from maple!

Can't wait to see how Maple and Sally beat the other bosses in the event!

Jan 25, 2023 4:01 PM

Nov 2016
Pacing was fine if you care more about the comedy than exploring all the floors. Dunno about the CGI, but I love MAPlE in different modes. Slime Armor was a funny highlight.

Poor admins..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2023 4:05 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty good ep, finally they toned town the pacing a bit. Love Maple's new Machine God v2, looks sick.
Jan 25, 2023 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
That whole library battle looked awful. Why they used ugly 3D shit for everything while everything else is loookg great in this series? It ruined it completely. I was focused on how bad it looks instead of on what's going on.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 25, 2023 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
OP after Op, how is this even fun anymore....It pays to be stupid I guess.
Jan 25, 2023 4:39 PM
Sep 2018
The sequence where Mii cast her overpowering spell was just so chuuni!
In a good way.
But still!
grin

I'm enjoying the devs.
You'd think they'd realize by now that what they really need to do is order in popcorn before turning on the Maple Monitor.
Jan 25, 2023 4:44 PM

Jul 2021
Not gonna lie, the cgi part when maple and sally fight the boss in the 2nd floor is really jarring. BUT the animation when maple and mi party up is really Awesome and the 
first floor boss fight is also Really Goood!!
Jan 25, 2023 6:02 PM

Feb 2020
seems like the weakest episode so far, felt very mid

Jan 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
I just wish they would have shown what Sally used, but i guess it will come later.
3 down, 7 to go, i assume in the next episode this event will be over for them lmao

But can't wait to see!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 25, 2023 6:28 PM
Jun 2019
Jumping around from CGI to "not-CGI" during battles is quite distracting. Battles used to be the good thing about this anime. Thumb down.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

101 by davidernu »»
Apr 24, 12:12 AM

» This season is CG?

curvedtree - Feb 2, 2023

12 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Feb 5, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

61 by waldy713 »»
Jan 17, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

39 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

82 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.