Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2022 4:32 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, Iris never seemed like the type of girl who is ready for marriage. That marriage arrangement by her parents looked fishy from the start.

Entertaining episode though. Gotta love how her friends came to help out when she needed it the most.
Dec 5, 2022 4:49 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad Iris didn't have to get married with some random guy.

She has some nice and reliable friends by her side.

Those lava lizards looked pretty cool.

And Sarasa was so OP again. Those lizards didn't have a chance against her.

However, there's a really big salamander left. Let's see if she'll able to take it down as well!

SerafosDec 5, 2022 6:18 AM
Dec 5, 2022 5:23 AM

Apr 2010
Well the marriage thing was pretty obvious from the moment Iris dad appeared, wasn't it mentioned before that she was a noble because i am pretty sure it was.
Anyway things don't seem to add up especially with that creep being involved again, i hope for iris things will get resolved.

And more monsters appear, especially the big one seems to be a problem.
Dec 5, 2022 5:57 AM

Mar 2021
Am glad Iris said no to a marriage with a stranger and even more Happy to see all of her friends support her when she most needed it
Dec 5, 2022 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
Iris being a noble was really unexpected because of her cute and ditzy behaviour. I'd really like to see Iris in a dress with a feminine outlook. Then Kate as a servant? I didn't expect that as well but I was expecting more from Kate's perspective.
The reunion could be better but I still like it.

I can finally get to see the epic battle from the OP but I need to wait to finish the animation before I can finally see it... (⁠。⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠)

P.S. Now this is the ideal friendship.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
The parents of both Iris and Kate appear, and both are of noble status, even if they're just lords over small villages. And the first thing of foretold: Iris's backstory of a noble just living off ends meet, and that's how she met Kate. The unreasonable and shrewd baronet who exhorted their interest rates for an insane high repayment sum of debt, the only way to sell this off is by the way of a forced marriage. And to think that the merchant dealing with them is the same company House that exhorted with Sarasa and the others before, they are even more wary than ever.

Iris and Kate's debt to Sarasa may be one thing, but their debt to their parents too is another burden, and Sarasa allays their fears to repay her given her situation. For now, they rack up funds from ingredients and investigate old issues like the hellflame grizzlies going on a frenzy rampage, which leads to the lava lizards. Though Sarasa teaching Andre and the rest on how to deal with it...sure takes another lesson on its own as her OP-ness is unleashed, only to spawn a swarm of them to take it down easily.

The worst thing to come: an equivalent of an earthquake, which houses a salamander. That's gonna be a difficult one to defeat.
Dec 5, 2022 9:46 AM

May 2019
Great episode, I liked the backstory on Iris and Kate and I was surprised to find out that Iris is a noble considering how down to earth and modest she acts (plus her ditziness and clumsiness too lol). It's also nice to see how the people around her are helping her to the point that it brought her to tears.

It looks like with the gathering of rare materials hopefully it will be enough to either pay off Iris' dad's debt or at least pay most of it off but I understand that the entire payment of it is being demanded. I think that there is something fishy going on regarding Baronet Kirk and the Dilly company too but if the debt is paid off then it shouldn't matter. Lastly, I'm thinking that the slaying of the large salamander should bring in good money but hopefully none of them get hurt in the process.
Dec 5, 2022 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
Ughh please, I’m only 10 minutes in and so bored I’m tempted to drop the anime. I haven’t enjoyed it since maybe 4 episodes ago. But might as well finish it now that the end of the series is near.
Dec 5, 2022 12:21 PM
Jul 2014
KANLen09 said:
The parents of both Iris and Kate appear, and both are of noble status, even if they're just lords over small villages.

Not both, just Iris. Kate's mother is a servant -- likely a high-ranking one and especially likely a bodyguard of sorts, but not nobility.
Dec 5, 2022 12:48 PM
Mar 2019
it getting really good
Dec 5, 2022 4:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I didn’t expect Iris to be a noble, she doesn’t have that vibe at all but she looked good in a dress lol. I also enjoyed the expedition of the girls and Andre’s group, I didn’t notice until now but I like having some dudes to spice up a CGDCT type show lol, I especially liked that scene where Iris and Sarasa were having that touching moment and the boys were in a fishing anime lol, just a nice contrast.

And once again Sarasa shows how broken she is when she saves the group from a surprise lava lizard attack thanks to Iris’ terrible luck lol, and then we get a huge salamander boss cliffhanger, I wonder if Sarasa will solo this one or if she’ll need help from the others.
Dec 5, 2022 5:16 PM

Sep 2020
Like father, like daughter; I also get heavy ditzy vibes from Iris' father.
I bet that Kate's mother is more of a caretaker than a bodyguard.
Dec 5, 2022 8:35 PM

Feb 2019
Glad my baby iris isn’t gonna get married off. I was really scared and nervous about that. You’d think her dad would’ve done some more research into who he was marrying his daughter off to tho
Dec 6, 2022 4:10 AM

Oct 2007
those gatherer guys are lucky indeed to have met Sarasa. They are learning so much from her.. just from this ep, they learned that it's not safe to approach certain parts of the volcano due to toxic fumes, also how to avoid getting a broken leg when facing a Lava Lizard.

lizards displaced the bears, because the lizards can find food in places where the heat is too much for the bears? Not sure, but that's how I understood it. Also the lizards are tough enough to resist bear claws.

biggest surprise for me is Iris being a noble. Her father looks like a genuinely nice person. I hope their problem will get solved.

looking forward to next week. :)
Dec 7, 2022 6:40 AM

Sep 2020
The first part is kind of weird, those lizard reminds me of botw for some reason.
Dec 7, 2022 2:16 PM

Apr 2014
Every end of episode when they show the profit/loss I think about Amagi Brilliant Park. The difference is that here there's not sense of urgency on the ammount of money she is gathering.
Dec 13, 2022 12:57 AM

Mar 2008
A fiery monster in a volcano threatening the town of the alchemist, Atelier Meruru anyone?
Dec 13, 2022 10:34 AM

Nov 2012
They ran and told the boss level salamander.
Dec 19, 2022 8:23 PM

Feb 2019
sometimes Iris's clumsiness can be a blessing in disguise, but most of the time it just brings them more trouble lol
Dec 20, 2022 1:45 PM

Nov 2009
So, Iris is the "clumsy noble" trope girl, hmm...

And apparently Kate is suppose to be the "maid" of Iris's house.

___ ___ ___

And apparently Iris's family ran out of money, cause they were too nice and the exact opposite of Sarasa and gave all their money and food to the towns people...

Only to get caught in a Scam by another Noble into a debt and they want the full repayment. And the way they found to repay is to have Iris do a Business Marriage with a Merchant.

(which the Merchant turns out to be that shaddy Merchant's company, lol)

___ ___ ___

And Iris finally brings up her own Debt, at the awkward time of the family also trying to fix their debt...

So... Iris have Double-Debt... really unlucky.

But Sarasa's solution is to "farm" more ingredients to sell for money and help Iris repay her family's debt (tho she isn't erasing Iris's own debt, LOL, I think Sarasa is adding it to Iris' debt)

Still better than forced marriage I guess.

Also, they're only gathering plants... why don't they just go after another high ranking monsters like the bears that sold for 6 million dollar?

(something else than the bear, cause they genocided all the bears around the village) (as they go gather flame stones and no bear in sight)

___ ___ ___

But we got giant lava lizards, LOL.

Meanwhile Sarasa thinking her and her master's combat technique can be used by everyone... LOL "Just stab them" 4Head. (hmm... this reminds me of a certain Demon Lord from another series)

And Sarasa ends up cutting all the Lizard herself...

Then just as everyone thought things was done, the volcano shakes and reveals a Fire Salamander sitting in the lava.

Time to kill the Fire Salamander I guess. (are we gonna be doing Frost Bolt like the OP MC from that Isekai anime? LOL)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 20, 2022 5:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah yes that other scammer, of course. Now time to farm the salamanders but the boss one looks tough
Dec 24, 2022 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
Iris certainly does not give off those noble vibes, especially with how much debt she needs to deal with.

Dec 31, 2022 8:12 AM

Feb 2021
There is a boss on that volcano.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 21, 2023 6:39 AM
Aug 2023
That parents meeting would have been a whole lot more awkward if they went with the cheap healing plan for Iris.
Jan 6, 10:56 AM
Jan 2024
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

More topics from this board

» This is very good! A hidden gem!

RjtheGreat14 - Mar 3

11 by JadeHoxen »»
Mar 6, 8:40 PM

» I Can't Wait To Watch Full Moe Alchemist

Roderick24_ - Sep 12, 2022

7 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Mar 3, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2022

50 by DEMSpirit »»
Feb 27, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2022

38 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:53 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2022

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 20, 2023 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.